Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 696
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 6:52:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jrpett] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Zoomies:

The M53/55 is SIGNIFICANTLY better than either the 40/43 or M12.

The M12, I found it to have a fairly narrow traverse, coupled with a piss poor aim time and so-so accuracy. The M40/43 is something of an improvement, but now you're trading slightly better traverse and aim and a tad more accuracy for an absolutely atrocious reload/ dpm. The 53/55 is to the M40/43 what the M44 is to the M41. You're looking at good accuracy, decent reload at tier, gun traverse for DAYS, and decent mobility.

Seriously, rundown on my arty.
M44 - 53.23% WR
M12 - 44.83%
M40/43 - 45.49%
M53/55 - 55.87%

I'm an OK arty player, nothing to write home about, but the M12 and 40/43 are turkeys.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By jrpett:
I hope the M53/M55 is better than the M40/M43, I can't seem to get the hang of it. I never could do well with the M12 either. If I want to be successful in arty, I'm stuck with the M44.

The M12, I found it to have a fairly narrow traverse, coupled with a piss poor aim time and so-so accuracy. The M40/43 is something of an improvement, but now you're trading slightly better traverse and aim and a tad more accuracy for an absolutely atrocious reload/ dpm. The 53/55 is to the M40/43 what the M44 is to the M41. You're looking at good accuracy, decent reload at tier, gun traverse for DAYS, and decent mobility.

M44 - 53.23% WR
M12 - 44.83%
M40/43 - 45.49%
M53/55 - 55.87%

I'm an OK arty player, nothing to write home about, but the M12 and 40/43 are turkeys.

That's reassuring. I knew the M12 was lousy, but I was worried that I was doing something wrong with the M40/M43 but I see that is probably more game related. My problem is getting enough damage in it for a good WN8 score. When a shot doesn't even land in the circle in the M40/M43, it's another 43 seconds to reload, so, assuming that the next one WILL hit, it ends up being 1.5 to 2 minutes between shots that do damage. Hitting a target and only doing between 100 and 200 damage isn't exactly anything to cheer about. That's so insulting that I sometimes wish that I just missed.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 6:58:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Zoomies] [#2]

That's reassuring. I knew the M12 was lousy, but I was worried that I was doing something wrong with the M40/M43 but I see that is probably more game related. My problem is getting enough damage in it for a good WN8 score. When a shot doesn't even land in the circle in the M40/M43, it's another 43 seconds to reload, so, assuming that the next one WILL hit, it ends up being 1.5 to 2 minutes between shots that do damage. Hitting a target and only doing between 100 and 200 damage isn't exactly anything to cheer about. That's so insulting that I sometimes wish that I just missed.
View All Quotes
I hope the M53/M55 is better than the M40/M43, I can't seem to get the hang of it. I never could do well with the M12 either. If I want to be successful in arty, I'm stuck with the M44.

M44 -    53.23% WR Gun Arc - 58°   Elevation Arc - -5°/+65°
M12 -   44.83%  Gun Arc - 28°   Elevation Arc - -5°/+45°
M40/43 - 45.49% Gun Arc - 36°   Elevation Arc - -5°/+55°
M53/55 - 55.87%  Gun Arc - 58°   Elevation Arc - -5°/+65°

I'm an OK arty player, nothing to write home about, but the M12 and 40/43 are turkeys. Lack of gun traverse is death for any arty, unless it has a stupid fast aim time, and most don't.

ETA: http://tank-compare.com/en/compare/m12/m40m43/m53m55#T1=49I41I25I60I112&T2=47I42I25I56I112&T3=82I65I45I102I120

See my edit on the quoted post. ETA: something else to think about is that the M53/55 is unique of the American Arty in that it will take fans. That gives you 5% on the TC and 6% on everybody else due to the TC bonus. On top of that, BIA is normally a third skill candidate for most tanks. With arty, it is neck and neck with camo, and since BIA doens't do you a lick of good until it's at 100%, I usually get an arty crew high enough on camo to retrain, slap BIA on 'em, then restart arty. If you're in somebody's view range, that fucker is gonna light when you crank off a round unless his crew is blind as fuck.

Also, save the Cola Cases you get from missions, crack out the crew occaisionally. With a cracked out, vented, BIA crew, well...

Link Posted: 1/29/2015 7:03:13 PM EDT
[#3]

That's actually one of the better ideas I've heard all day.
View All Quotes

Originally Posted By Leisure_Shoot:

Originally Posted By JoeCoastie:

Originally Posted By beardog30:

Spent the better part of a night and blew a 2500 Wn8 to accomplish the tier 6 light mission.  Fuck that mission.
No, fuck the arty mission. Arty can go die in a fire. I hate loading in with 4 on each side less than actually having to play it. I cannot make it work. Yes I have the mod everyone raves about. I still can't hit the broad side of a barn. Fully aimed negligible amount of space around the tank in aim circle. Shoots over, shoots short, shoots outside the fucking circle. Or it hits them and I do 200 damage on a 950 av DMG gun. Fuck. Arty.  
Why don't you and Zoomie consider trading accounts for a night?  You complete some heavy missions, he'll knock out some arty missions. win/win

That's actually one of the better ideas I've heard all day.
I'm down for that. On duty tonight so no tanks and then I get on 64 and head east till I hit the Atlantic....literally. I'll be back in a week and we can try it out.

Oh, don't worry. I won't sell the 304. It's too much fun.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 7:14:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CrazedCat] [#4]
9.6 Test: AMX CDC, STA-2  Tier 8 Prems

Link for you all to read the long reading post about them.

AMX CDC

Model in garage:

Modules:

STA-2

Model in garage:

Modules:

Link Posted: 1/29/2015 7:22:15 PM EDT
[#5]

See my edit on the quoted post. ETA: something else to think about is that the M53/55 is unique of the American Arty in that it will take fans. That gives you 5% on the TC and 6% on everybody else due to the TC bonus. On top of that, BIA is normally a third skill candidate for most tanks. With arty, it is neck and neck with camo, and since BIA doens't do you a lick of good until it's at 100%, I usually get an arty crew high enough on camo to retrain, slap BIA on 'em, then restart arty. If you're in somebody's view range, that fucker is gonna light when you crank off a round unless his crew is blind as fuck.

Also, save the Cola Cases you get from missions, crack out the crew occaisionally. With a cracked out, vented, BIA crew, well...
http://i.imgur.com/odMbUTll.jpg
View All Quotes

I'm an OK arty player, nothing to write home about, but the M12 and 40/43 are turkeys. Lack of gun traverse is death for any arty, unless it has a stupid fast aim time, and most don't.

ETA: http://tank-compare.com/en/compare/m12/m40m43/m53m55#T1=49I41I25I60I112&T2=47I42I25I56I112&T3=82I65I45I102I120

OK, I see the gun & elevation arcs mirror those of the M44. The wide gun arc is what I miss moving up from the M44. With the M12 & M40/M43, you rotate the vehicle and your aiming circle opens wide up again and you start from scratch. With the 65 degree elevation, I assume that means the M53/M55 has more of an arc and has a better chance of hitting targets behind cover?
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 7:40:02 PM EDT
[#6]

OK, I see the gun & elevation arcs mirror those of the M44. The wide gun arc is what I miss moving up from the M44. With the M12 & M40/M43, you rotate the vehicle and your aiming circle opens wide up again and you start from scratch. With the 65 degree elevation, I assume that means the M53/M55 has more of an arc and has a better chance of hitting targets behind cover?
View All Quotes

Exactly. Although the super high elevation only really helps in the mid-range area. Short range, you're gonna be basically TD mode. At the extreme edge of your range, you're obviously going to be at a 45° elevation. right about, oh, I'd say about 400-600m is where you're going to see the benefit of this.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 8:36:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By CrazedCat:

View Quote

Dat AMX
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 8:44:22 PM EDT
[#8]

Originally Posted By hwj_chim:
Dat AMX
View All Quotes

http://ftr.wot-news.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/shot_0013.jpg

Dat AMX
Looks cool, for sure. Probably a dog though. I wonder if WG has screwed themselves by no longer having pref 8's

Link Posted: 1/29/2015 8:44:30 PM EDT
[#9]
AMX 30B

Fucking hell it is coming!

Link Posted: 1/29/2015 9:06:53 PM EDT
[#10]
MT-8  Kill two medium tanks and survive the battle.  Didn't survive but did a pretty good job of damage to the opfor.

Link Posted: 1/29/2015 9:10:19 PM EDT
[#11]
AMX 30B

http://pigroll.com/img/jack_nicholson_came.jpg
View Quote

Now i am Debating wait for that or get the FCM the other Frenchie
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 9:19:39 PM EDT
[#12]

AMX 30B

View Quote
What line is it going to be?

Link Posted: 1/29/2015 9:26:58 PM EDT
[#13]
View All Quotes
AMX 30B

It has to be a new French Med line
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 9:33:25 PM EDT
[#14]

View All Quotes

AMX 30B

Very cool. Hopefully they just split it off the Lorraine. If they do, I'll definitely grind it out

Link Posted: 1/29/2015 9:47:46 PM EDT
[#15]
So my day has been from fucking hell.

Went to the Doctors found out the reason i have been in so much pain is The Arthritis side of the Psoriasis is getting worse and spreading to my feet and upper back.

Psoriasis and Psoriatic arthritis has no known cure just only able to keep in under control. with pills topicals or Iv treatments.

Psoriatic arthritis is now in Both knees hips, ankles and feet shoulders and wrists basicly all joints .

Psoriasis is now per what Doc said 70% of my body.

Going to be a few months till they can get me on Humira or one of the other IV or injection treatments. have to go through pills / topicals first  Insurance reasons no matter what insurance its how that game is played.

Psoriatic arthritis Mimics Rheumatoid Arthritis.

Been dealing with this since i was 18. 33 now and working full time trying to get thru the day which is painful when i get off in the morning the swelling in my feet and legs is unbearable at times.

one of the reasons i am contantly cranky bitch or moody. hence the i stay a loner part.

Sorry for the long post guys had to vent.

Cat out.
View Quote

That sucks, Cat.  My sister has psoriasis but nowhere near that bad.

Link Posted: 1/29/2015 10:07:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Very cool. Hopefully they just split it off the Lorraine. If they do, I'll definitely grind it out  
View All Quotes
AMX 30B

Older fan made tree. But something like this would be cool
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 10:24:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Ammo racked a Jg.Pz.E 100 today in my 110... 1000 damage, it was quite satisfying.

Link Posted: 1/29/2015 10:28:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Well thats new lol made it to their base unmolested Switched to 85 MM HE and well this happened poor poor arty Never saw what hit them.

Arty medal Complete.

Link Posted: 1/29/2015 10:41:24 PM EDT
[#19]

Exactly. Although the super high elevation only really helps in the mid-range area. Short range, you're gonna be basically TD mode. At the extreme edge of your range, you're obviously going to be at a 45° elevation. right about, oh, I'd say about 400-600m is where you're going to see the benefit of this.

View All Quotes

So glad that it gets better after the M12.  I kinda like the M12 except for the HORRIBLE accuracy.  Firing arc is great compared to the SU-14-2 lol

Link Posted: 1/29/2015 10:59:42 PM EDT
[#20]

View All Quotes

AMX 30B

Same.

Link Posted: 1/29/2015 11:02:53 PM EDT
[#21]
I meant to ask. Since the special game mode patch hit my client has been FUBAR. None of the boxes at the top show. I can only see the platoon button, the server I am on and the battle button. Everything else is blank. I can't see the free xp, credits or even my own name. For instance I've taken to killing retards who want to stick their gun barrel thru mine while I'm in top down mode in arty. So, I need to see if I  blue or not.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 11:15:21 PM EDT
[#22]

View All Quotes
AMX 30B

FCM = bleh. I SUCKED in it.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 11:15:47 PM EDT
[#23]
AMX 30B

View Quote

Look at that big ass commanders hatch to shoot at
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 11:17:05 PM EDT
[#24]
Just don't sell the FV304, I always enjoy fucking around with that with you. Also, if you wanna try out the higher tier US arty, let me know, I'll let you run my account.
M44 =
M12 =
M40/43 =
M53/55 =
View Quote

Object 261 =
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 11:23:42 PM EDT
[#25]

Originally Posted By WildBoar:

View All Quotes

AMX 30B

80mm of armor and you're looking at the commander's hatch?   Are you serious?
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 11:25:17 PM EDT
[#26]

Originally Posted By vanilla_gorilla:

View All Quotes

AMX 30B

Lol

Link Posted: 1/29/2015 11:47:05 PM EDT
[#27]

View All Quotes

Link Posted: 1/30/2015 12:02:46 AM EDT
[#28]
Russian T34 with the 57mm gun is so damn fun!
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 12:43:01 AM EDT
[#29]
Definitely time to sell arty.

GwE100 with ~300 average pen, and I crit for no damage on a Tiger 2 and an M48 Patton.

Done with it.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 12:51:32 AM EDT
[#30]
Are there any particular Youtube videos or posters I should look for to help me with tactics and tips for different tanks?  I am so inconsistent it's sad.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 12:53:44 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By brassburn:
Are there any particular Youtube videos or posters I should look for to help me with tactics and tips for different tanks?  I am so inconsistent it's sad.
View Quote

Jingles and Quickybaby.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 12:55:29 AM EDT
[#32]

Originally Posted By Saxplayer:

Jingles and Quickybaby.
View All Quotes

Jingles and Quickybaby.

Yup.

Link Posted: 1/30/2015 1:05:18 AM EDT
[#33]
Bouncing the ass of a Bat Chat in an E4 is how MM tells you that you're done for the night.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 1:14:23 AM EDT
[#34]
Bouncing the ass of a Bat Chat in an E4 is how MM tells you that you're done for the night.
View Quote

Haven't even played today. Been dealing with a personal situation today that has already put my blood pressure up to levels hither to unknown to man. The last thing I need to do is have a stroke because of this game.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 1:17:08 AM EDT
[#35]
View Quote

25ts are notoriously trolly--all kinds of weird bounces, usually at the least opportune moments (like when i have 380hp remaining, and he has 1 shot left).
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 2:30:54 AM EDT
[#36]
Crazed Cat--sorry to hear about your troubles, my man!!  I thought your only troubles were English and Grammar--I am kidding, bud>>>>  I f you want to toon up hit me Sunday afternoon....Heading to Columbus this Fri/Sat for my niece's big basketball showdown..
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 3:50:22 AM EDT
[#37]

Lol  
View All Quotes
AMX 30B

Lol  

80mm of armor? That thing is a rolling ATM for arty damages.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 4:44:51 AM EDT
[#38]
SU-100 will be bought either today or by Sunday depends if i decide to roll the 8 bit tank for 49 games today or not lol.

I will only be able to get to the 100 MM gun till next week but i should be fine i have used that gun before on a different tank.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 4:45:42 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By dmb4765:
Crazed Cat--sorry to hear about your troubles, my man!!  I thought your only troubles were English and Grammar--I am kidding, bud>>>>  I f you want to toon up hit me Sunday afternoon....Heading to Columbus this Fri/Sat for my niece's big basketball showdown..
View Quote

Thanks if i am awake day 3 of 5 then i sure will catch up to you for that. Super Bowl is that night but Meh i got it recording.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 9:51:44 AM EDT
[#40]

SU-100 will be bought either today or by Sunday depends if i decide to roll the 8 bit tank for 49 games today or not lol.

I will only be able to get to the 100 MM gun till next week but i should be fine i have used that gun before on a different tank.

View Quote
Get the big gun and let the fun begin. It is seriously OP. Its a tier 6 TD that hitsbas hard as all the other tier8 TD's from other countries. The line only gets better IMHO.

When you decide to get the su152 or the su100m1, get both. They are both good lines. The 152 line is all about DAT alpha with long reloads. The 100m1 line is about DPM and mobility. That line can shoot and scoot fairly well
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 10:05:31 AM EDT
[#41]

Jingles and Quickybaby.
View All Quotes

Jingles and Quickybaby.

Quickybaby is a better player and has more information in his videos that Jingles.  Jingles video are fun to watch but he tends to be a bit long winded IMO.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 10:32:41 AM EDT
[#42]

Jingles and Quickybaby.
View All Quotes

Jingles and Quickybaby.

Umm, Circonflexes, SirFoch, Zeven are the guys to imitate. All very purple, all livestream/youtube. Circon is more entertainment, but his commentary can teach you alot, as he can make even the shittiest tanks in the game work. Foch has reviews, can be abrasive, but you can learn a lot. He usually streams with Circon & PointyHairedJedi. Zeven is -G- and does a late US stream, his youtube vids are basically all about teaching you the strats and map reading. That's where the breakthroughs are in this game, reading the map, knowing the enemy team, and applying damage/kills to the right place.

I started off with Nethervvoid and Jingle's reviews, watched som QB, but when I discovered Circon's livestream that's where I really started to pick up on stuff. Get Twitch app on your phone and listen to it while you work.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 1:01:14 PM EDT
[#43]
Sometimes the itty-bitty tankies are most fun

Link Posted: 1/30/2015 1:14:24 PM EDT
[#44]

Get the big gun and let the fun begin. It is seriously OP. Its a tier 6 TD that hitsbas hard as all the other tier8 TD's from other countries. The line only gets better IMHO.

When you decide to get the su152 or the su100m1, get both. They are both good lines. The 152 line is all about DAT alpha with long reloads. The 100m1 line is about DPM and mobility. That line can shoot and scoot fairly well
View Quote

With the exp bonuses this week end should have the Top gun for th Su-100 i am liking the 100 mm for now it is helping with the Missions.

Atleast The su-152 i do not have to upgrade the gun when i get to it LOL the Beast gun is already unlocked.LOL.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 1:26:04 PM EDT
[#45]

With the exp bonuses this week end should have the Top gun for th Su-100 i am liking the 100 mm for now it is helping with the Missions.

Atleast The su-152 i do not have to upgrade the gun when i get to it LOL the Beast gun is already unlocked.LOL.
View All Quotes

Try out the 122mm on the SU152. Some hate it but I actually enjoyed it. Pack some APCR with it for sure. Just at least try them. Good luck man, have fun.

Link Posted: 1/30/2015 2:07:34 PM EDT
[#46]

Try out the 122mm on the SU152. Some hate it but I actually enjoyed it. Pack some APCR with it for sure. Just at least try them. Good luck man, have fun.  
View All Quotes

With the SU-152, I did best with the top 122 gun. After I got the ISU, I just shot straight gold from the 152 until I got the BL-10.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 3:24:59 PM EDT
[#47]

With the SU-152, I did best with the top 122 gun. After I got the ISU, I just shot straight gold from the 152 until I got the BL-10.
View All Quotes

Good Advice guys  ty i am really loving the Non turreted Russian TD's a lot .
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 3:50:34 PM EDT
[#48]
Just proves what a sad arty the GW Tiger P is when it only took 3100 damage to get ACE.  This arty is really testing my patience.  Tiny arc ( think obj 261) and very slow to aim.

Have there been any updates with what they are planning for the Brit med line?
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 4:09:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Leisure_Shoot] [#49]
Tiger and Panther operators manuals, provided by Henschel.
http://www.darkroastedblend.com/2007/02/wwii-nazis-tank-manuals-unexpectedly.html

Something interesting is the use of females in the illustrations.  Is it just humor, or attempt to keep the user's interest?

Link Posted: 1/30/2015 4:27:28 PM EDT
[#50]

View All Quotes

I enjoyed all of them.  SU-100 is still in my garage, I ply it frequently.

Stop at the 704.  The Tier 10 is just outclassed by everything around it.  I haven't found anything in the tier that can't pen straight through the front of it.  I seldom play it now.

It's not worth the price, the tier costs, etc.

TRG
Page / 696
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top