Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 696
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 4:09:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WildBoar] [#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By lancecriminal86:

Exposure is only more relevant if we're actively trying to recruit and so-on, IMO. Since we're not making a push in AR_15 to be super-serious CW contenders, I'd rather have a thread in Gaming. If we're just going to talk about tonks, then a thread in Gaming makes more sense. Still provide the TS, info for ARF clams, links to mods/guides, etc. I don't regard Gaming as a subforum full of Nazi-Mods, and shouldn't have any issues if we drop memes or have off-topic potshots. It's not like the Retro subforum.

I think we're at the point where the ARF clans are back to being social, with some interest in Strongholds within AR_15. As much as I sometimes desire to do CW again, the reminder of the time involved, as well as the not-fun grind for the CW required tanks is not something I want to do again. Anyone who is interested in CW has plenty of contacts here in the thread to get a good word in for a competitive clan.
View Quote
I started one before http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_119/1698157_.html . Not trying to take from this one, just a drama free one over there where it can be moderated. Just for us scrubs.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 4:12:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Leisure_Shoot:
I got 5 new requests to join AR15 last night and this morning via ARFCOM IM.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Exposure is only more relevant if we're actively trying to recruit and so-on, IMO. Since we're not making a push in AR_15 to be super-serious CW contenders, I'd rather have a thread in Gaming. If we're just going to talk about tonks, then a thread in Gaming makes more sense. Still provide the TS, info for ARF clams, links to mods/guides, etc. I don't regard Gaming as a subforum full of Nazi-Mods, and shouldn't have any issues if we drop memes or have off-topic potshots. It's not like the Retro subforum.

I'm not saying we shouldn't make sure we're out there and visible. I just think anyone really curious about tonks would end up in the Gaming forum. GD scrolls through so damn fast that it can be a pain to find, especially if you can't subscribe to the thread. Gaming doesn't move nearly as fast.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 4:13:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Hmm...just got a Ace badge on the T25/2.  Maybe its not the total chunk of shit I thought it was.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 4:18:28 PM EDT
[#4]

I'm not saying we shouldn't make sure we're out there and visible. I just think anyone really curious about tonks would end up in the Gaming forum. GD scrolls through so damn fast that it can be a pain to find, especially if you can't subscribe to the thread. Gaming doesn't move nearly as fast.
View All Quotes

There's no reason we can't have both. This thread is not just for AR15 clans. It's easier to find for most people in GD and it brings new people into the game as well as grabbing the attention of people who play but are not aware of the thread.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 4:19:19 PM EDT
[#5]
FIRSTLY

Why is this in GD, AGAIN, and not in GAMING where it will be easy to find? Can we move this to gaming sub-forum? Maybe we can keep it more "On Track" in there.
View All Quotes
FIRSTLY

Why is this in GD, AGAIN, and not in GAMING where it will be easy to find? Can we move this to gaming sub-forum? Maybe we can keep it more "On Track" in there.

Um, because more people than just those in the gaming forum jump in and see a new thread and want to join. How many recruits came out of this thread already?

SECONDLY

I'll second the motion that if you guys really want to talk about MYTH so much, start your own thread in Gaming. Better yet, do it on Reddit, I'd love to see what happens when you guys toot your horn over there.

All that said, I generally get in this thread to post fun battles, sing praises of tanks I like, complain about Wargaming/"Working as intended"/MM/"Balancing", and helping out other guys talking game mechanics to alleviate frustrations. What I'm not here for is someone repeatedly dropping "Top 40 Clam NA" as though hopeful "top" clans don't come and go (while the legit ones stay, and need no introduction). If you have something to brag about, others will do it for you.

Firstly, Shit's done. If you've got something to say to me, put on your big boy testicles and PM me, we can have it out there so this thread doesn't get locked

Secondly, I've never said, not even once, "Top 40 clan NA!!!" or anything even alluding to that. Hell, I didn't even *KNOW* Myth is a top 40 clan until Journey said it, and repeated it, and repeated it, and repeated it. Now you're repeating it. In fact, I got asked to join Myth just before the campaign started and originally wasn't even going to go for the tank, so I don't know where you guys keep repeating that garbage from. You keep saying it, not me or anyone else I know of. If Myth is top 40, cool. But you didn't hear it from me.

Thirdly, I don't think I've even mentioned that I'm in Myth on these forums. I'm completely serious. Look through the old forum. You might see something that has my clan tag on it in a screenshot, but I'm pretty sure I haven't mentioned it. You guys did.

Fourthly, Nobody else even talks about Myth except AR_15 until this new thread when newly minted Mr. Recruiter boy, Larry "ME MONEYBIN!!!" McDuck did so.

So if you've got a response, click on the IM user. As far as I'm concerned, I agree with you that from now on: More on track
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 4:19:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By bssrf4:
Hmm...just got a Ace badge on the T25/2.  Maybe its not the total chunk of shit I thought it was.
View Quote

It really isn't, but I know where you are coming from. Until it was fully upgraded and I had worn a nice butt mark into the seat, I hated it. But in the last streaks of battles towards the T-28 Prototype, I got the hang of it. You have to abuse cover and gun depression, since your mobility isn't as dramatic as the old Hellcat was. Bushes on a hill were perfect to move up, spot, move back, and shoot without being spotted. The gun doesn't seem super special on paper, but in practice it was sufficient once I didn't try to penetrate E-75s and ST-Is frontally.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 4:29:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Turboguy:

Um, because more people than just those in the gaming forum jump in and see a new thread and want to join. How many recruits came out of this thread already?

Firstly, Shit's done. If you've got something to say to me, put on your big boy testicles and PM me, we can have it out there so this thread doesn't get locked

Secondly, I've never said, not even once, "Top 40 clan NA!!!" or anything even alluding to that. Hell, I didn't even *KNOW* Myth is a top 40 clan until Journey said it, and repeated it, and repeated it, and repeated it. Now you're repeating it. In fact, I got asked to join Myth just before the campaign started and originally wasn't even going to go for the tank, so I don't know where you guys keep repeating that garbage from. You keep saying it, not me or anyone else I know of. If Myth is top 40, cool. But you didn't hear it from me.

Thirdly, I don't think I've even mentioned that I'm in Myth on these forums. I'm completely serious. Look through the old forum. You might see something that has my clan tag on it in a screenshot, but I'm pretty sure I haven't mentioned it. You guys did.

Fourthly, Nobody else even talks about Myth except AR_15 until this new thread when newly minted Mr. Recruiter boy, Larry "ME MONEYBIN!!!" McDuck did so.

So if you've got a response, click on the IM user. As far as I'm concerned, I agree with you that from now on: More on track
View All Quotes
FIRSTLY

SECONDLY

I'll second the motion that if you guys really want to talk about MYTH so much, start your own thread in Gaming. Better yet, do it on Reddit, I'd love to see what happens when you guys toot your horn over there.

All that said, I generally get in this thread to post fun battles, sing praises of tanks I like, complain about Wargaming/"Working as intended"/MM/"Balancing", and helping out other guys talking game mechanics to alleviate frustrations. What I'm not here for is someone repeatedly dropping "Top 40 Clam NA" as though hopeful "top" clans don't come and go (while the legit ones stay, and need no introduction). If you have something to brag about, others will do it for you.

That's fair on the "Top 40/Best Clam NA" point, I'll concede that in the open for everyone to see. No need for me to hide that in a PM.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 4:36:06 PM EDT
[#8]
so...did WG ever implement HAVOK?

Link Posted: 12/19/2014 4:39:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By wav3form:
Today is stat recovery day after last night.  I really gotta stop drinking.  
View Quote

the sounds of drinking in TS were making me chuckle.

"hold on a second, guys" [gulp, gulp, gulp] "ahhh..."

"let's get this show on the road"  [pops beer bottle]

Link Posted: 12/19/2014 4:40:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By hobbez84:

View Quote

No, keeps getting pushed back because it eats up too much resources.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 4:53:17 PM EDT
[#11]

View All Quotes

Originally Posted By hobbez84:

Well if WG ever implements it, someone send me a memo, and I'll drop $15 for a month of WoT.

Link Posted: 12/19/2014 4:53:21 PM EDT
[#12]
View Quote

Its a good tank, even better now that the Hellcat has been nerfed to uselessness
gun is underwhelming but so are most US guns up to about T8 9 10

Its just that TD have been nerfed hard with the concealment stuff.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 4:58:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By WildBoar:
I started one before http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_119/1698157_.html . Not trying to take from this one, just a drama free one over there where it can be moderated. Just for us scrubs.
View Quote

Bravo.  Many of us appreciate this.  

I have enough real-life drama not to have to sort through all the shit slinging by grown-ass men over an online video game while trying to learn to be a better player.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 4:58:42 PM EDT
[#14]
View Quote

T25/2 is the most underrated tank I have ever seen.  That thing can wreck shop if played correctly.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 5:02:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By BigAJ:

Right now that is what this thread needs,  to much of the Turbo fAn club coming in to stir up shit with the Journey fan club.

Move it to the gaming forum and actually turn it into a helpful thread or just leave it in GD and see how many pit threads we can start.

The Wotfourms and Wotlabs forums provide more than enough entertainment, just go there for that.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By beardog30:
Originally Posted By ludder093:
Originally Posted By beardog30:
Why not just start a pit thread?

no shit... Knock off the bickering and snide comments and stop derailing a thread that's meant to be a useful resource for people who want to play the game and complain about how bad mm sucks. Start a pit thread of just use your ignore buttons. Do not get another thread locked over this stupidity.

This is GD and you want people to be helpful, lol.  There is already a thread in the gaming forum(where this belongs) why not just hijack it?

Oh and this is at least version 3.0 of the thread.

#removeWoTfromGD

Some of the tech forums go overboard on the moderating.  I'll be the first to admit I like to post something snarky or call someone an asshole and I'm fine with someone else doing the same to me.  As long as it doesn't go overboard the GD mods seem to let it slide, not so much in the tech forums.

Wanting my cake pizza rolls and being able to eat it them too I suppose.

Right now that is what this thread needs,  to much of the Turbo fAn club coming in to stir up shit with the Journey fan club.

Move it to the gaming forum and actually turn it into a helpful thread or just leave it in GD and see how many pit threads we can start.

The Wotfourms and Wotlabs forums provide more than enough entertainment, just go there for that.

No, AJ you got that backwards.... I wasnt a part of ANY of that crap... Your buddy Journey brought me into it and I responded just like I did last time I was brought into something I had no part of, but journey himself is guilty of that one.  Just like he was guilty last time.  And the time before and before, he is a troll.

Furthermore there is not one person on this forum that wouldnt have responded to that.

now Im back to my regularly scheduled having a good time running the tanks I wanna run and doing my best to help anyone that wants it.  

Link Posted: 12/19/2014 5:03:38 PM EDT
[#16]

Originally Posted By sirensong:

View All Quotes

Its bad when your Clan mates can tell by your play that you're drunk.  But it does happen.

Link Posted: 12/19/2014 5:08:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Its bad when your Clan mates can tell by your play that you're drunk.  But it does happen.

View All Quotes

No one noticed when I was drunk.. in fact a couple people complemented my doing really well that night...

Link Posted: 12/19/2014 5:20:08 PM EDT
[#18]
TURBO

Quit being jealous of ma STASH DUDE

you too can have one... we should be runnin dem tourneys again next week and you can call in your squeeky high voice and have us all laughing so hard we lose...

Now quit with the jealous vibes dude

Link Posted: 12/19/2014 5:49:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Larrys1911:
TURBO

you too can have one... we should be runnin dem tourneys again next week and you can call in your squeeky high voice and have us all laughing so hard we lose...

View Quote

You've got like eight tier X tanks unlocked, dude, and have bought zero of them.

Gold is free. As in, it costs you nothing to get it except beating on some purples who don't under teamwork. Credits are also free. Turn ten thousand of your gold into credits and you can probably afford any tier X you want.

Granted, you're getting a new free tank, but damn dude, you're hoarding that shit.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 6:03:49 PM EDT
[#20]

No, AJ you got that backwards.... I wasnt a part of ANY of that crap... Your buddy Journey brought me into it and I responded just like I did last time I was brought into something I had no part of, but journey himself is guilty of that one.  Just like he was guilty last time.  And the time before and before, he is a troll.

Furthermore there is not one person on this forum that wouldnt have responded to that.

now Im back to my regularly scheduled having a good time running the tanks I wanna run and doing my best to help anyone that wants it.  
View All Quotes

Some of the tech forums go overboard on the moderating.  I'll be the first to admit I like to post something snarky or call someone an asshole and I'm fine with someone else doing the same to me.  As long as it doesn't go overboard the GD mods seem to let it slide, not so much in the tech forums.

Wanting my cake pizza rolls and being able to eat it them too I suppose.

The funny or sad thing is how worked up some people get over a stupid computer game that in

reality means and counts for what?
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 6:19:41 PM EDT
[#21]
30 01 p What did i do to my Self seems the 8.8 Mm sucks donkey cock but the 7.5 mm is awesome.

Im after the other Tiger now so have to push thru it.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 6:34:32 PM EDT
[#22]
View Quote

It's not. Play it right and it is actually a fun, easy vehicle to grind.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 6:43:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Larrys1911] [#23]

You've got like eight tier X tanks unlocked, dude, and have bought zero of them.

Gold is free. As in, it costs you nothing to get it except beating on some purples who don't under teamwork. Credits are also free. Turn ten thousand of your gold into credits and you can probably afford any tier X you want.

Granted, you're getting a new free tank, but damn dude, you're hoarding that shit.
View All Quotes
TURBO

Waitin fer Xmas sales dude..... Next on the list is the SU122-44 and not really sure why but Ive run a couple and we ran my T25AT against one in a training room before running a tourney.... It turns faster, shoots faster is accurate enough and just as fast in a straight line and taking off.. So while I really dont know what Im gonna do with it....I WANIT and there really isnt anything else floating my boat other than the Super P and Im just not sure I really want that one.

besides we have had this discussion on trading free gold for credits.....NOT GONNA HAPPEN....

However ... I am thinnin bout turnin in some of those 1500 large kits I have....... 15Million right there baby

FIFTEEN MILLION

Now you Jealous all over again

AINT YA

LMAO

oh and I did buy a T10
I bought the OBJ140 and I LOVE THAT LITTLE JEWEL TOO... Now DATS A TANK

Link Posted: 12/19/2014 6:43:53 PM EDT
[#24]
havent played in awhile, just been too busy.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 6:45:41 PM EDT
[#25]
View All Quotes

I think we're at the point where the ARF clans are back to being social, with some interest in Strongholds within AR_15. As much as I sometimes desire to do CW again, the reminder of the time involved, as well as the not-fun grind for the CW required tanks is not something I want to do again. Anyone who is interested in CW has plenty of contacts here in the thread to get a good word in for a competitive clan.

I'll put a link to that thread in the op for you guys.  The last thread lasted over 1000 pages in GD so I think one belongs here.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 6:55:45 PM EDT
[#26]

View All Quotes

TURBO

Close your mangina. It reeks of old tuna in here

Link Posted: 12/19/2014 8:05:11 PM EDT
[#27]

That's fair on the "Top 40/Best Clam NA" point, I'll concede that in the open for everyone to see. No need for me to hide that in a PM.
View All Quotes
FIRSTLY

SECONDLY

For the record, it was JoeCoastie that brought it up, Journey was responding to his post.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 8:06:48 PM EDT
[#28]
finally getting my head around the comet.  that thing is a monster.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 8:19:07 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By hwj_chim:
http://www.nooooooooooooooo.com/vader.jpg

RIP old thread
View Quote

This.

TRG
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 8:28:49 PM EDT
[#30]

Originally Posted By Sixpack595:

For the record, it was JoeCoastie that brought it up, Journey was responding to his post.
View Quote
Yup it was me. We were discussing how rigged mm and RNG was for the top clans. I made the comment of something along the line of, my clan is in the top 40 NA and I'm here to tell you that there is no preference given to us. Not verbatim but pretty accurate I would say. Apparently someone took something from it that just wasn't there.

Link Posted: 12/19/2014 8:53:39 PM EDT
[#31]
View Quote

I kept my Crommie because it was so fun and I HATED the Comet, I free xp'd out of that pos as soon as I could.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 9:02:43 PM EDT
[#32]

I kept my Crommie because it was so fun and I HATED the Comet, I free xp'd out of that pos as soon as I could.
View All Quotes

Same.  I just can't see the value of the Comet.  I prefer the Cromwell.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 9:08:41 PM EDT
[#33]
View Quote

I considered it an up-armored Cromwell.  Cromwell was once of my favorites and I stopped grinding that line a long time ago.  Started grinding again to get to the Cent 7/1.

I really enjoyed the Comet.

TRG
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 9:10:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sirensong] [#34]

View All Quotes

i loved the crom, but was absolutely godawful at the comet when i first bought it a few weeks ago.  i mean orange WN8 and 42% winrate, even after watching replays and guides.  this week i started playing it more like a t69 that shoots a little slower but never has to clip, and that's working out very nicely.  the DPM on that thing is just insane.

edit: moving to the t69 after the t71 is a similar problem.  you go from one of the speediest, most agile tanks in the game to something with more armor, but not really enough to offset the loss of speed.  and the gun isn't a huge improvement, either.  so at first, it just feels like a blah tank, but only because it's a completely different kind of tank.  

still not great with the comet, but it has gotten really fun to play.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 9:13:14 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Macumazahn:

View All Quotes

IMHO, the Cromwell was 'the tank' prior to the across the board accuracy buff about a year ago.   It was once one of the only tanks that could shoot on the move across the board.  It penned everything for 150 DMG, nothing could pen it, because they could not hit it while it was at full speed.

The Comet, once upgraded, is able to take a hit, less likely to throw a track and can be played well IF you realize the gun is still a 'pew pew' that pens anything but only does a few hundred in damage.

You gotta play it as a medium/heavy raider.  Stay on the gas.  Use Auto-Aim.  Keep firing as you go past the heavies and head for the arty.

The T-37 does this equally well.  

Play the Comet like a Scout/Light and generally fuck people's shit up with it.

TRG
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 9:14:41 PM EDT
[#36]

i loved the crom, but was absolutely godawful at the comet when i first bought it a few weeks ago.  i mean orange WN8 and 42% winrate, even after watching replays and guides.  this week i started playing it more like a t69 that shoots a little slower but never has to clip, and that's working out very nicely.  the DPM on that thing is just insane.
View All Quotes

I don't play magazine fed guns well.  The 13 90 and I just don't mesh well.

I play the Comet the way most advised me to play the 13 90.  

TRG
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 9:20:53 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By TheRedGoat:

TRG
View All Quotes

TRG

i'm really bad with the 13 90, which is weird because i'm very comfortable in autoloaders--particularly the french heavies.

i just have trouble with the 'stay on the gas' playstyle without the agility of the t71.  the only way i can make the 13 90 work for me is by zooming through and mag dumping without turning much.  i really wanted to play the lorr 40, but at this point i'm considering going back to the 50 100 or 120.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 9:54:54 PM EDT
[#38]

i'm really bad with the 13 90, which is weird because i'm very comfortable in autoloaders--particularly the french heavies.

i just have trouble with the 'stay on the gas' playstyle without the agility of the t71.  the only way i can make the 13 90 work for me is by zooming through and mag dumping without turning much.  i really wanted to play the lorr 40, but at this point i'm considering going back to the 50 100 or 120.
View Quote

The 13/90 is an awesome tank once you get the feel for it.   Much better than the t71.  The gun is better.  It feels like a real gun vs the little plinkster of the T71.  

How I like to run it is to get to a good spot, then wait for the heavier tanks to engage, then flank/snipe one.  You can do a significant amount amount of dmg, then just scurry off to reload.  I play my Bat the same way as you can't really brawl with it.  I didn't find the Lorraine to be conducive to this style of play for some reason.  

Link Posted: 12/19/2014 10:25:54 PM EDT
[#39]

The 13/90 is an awesome tank once you get the feel for it.   Much better than the t71.  The gun is better.  It feels like a real gun vs the little plinkster of the T71.  

How I like to run it is to get to a good spot, then wait for the heavier tanks to engage, then flank/snipe one.  You can do a significant amount amount of dmg, then just scurry off to reload.  I play my Bat the same way as you can't really brawl with it.  I didn't find the Lorraine to be conducive to this style of play for some reason.  

View All Quotes

If only they would bring back the days of the reload being 2.22 instead of 2.79

Still a great tank.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 10:34:42 PM EDT
[#40]

Originally Posted By Macumazahn: I didn't find the Lorraine to be conducive to this style of play for some reason.

View Quote
because it is big and cumbersome, I suspect.

Link Posted: 12/19/2014 10:44:48 PM EDT
[#41]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Macumazahn: I didn't find the Lorraine to be conducive to this style of play for some reason.

I stopped the grind for the Lorraine 40t.  The 13 90 is already too much trouble to play.

I can't just click it and think "Yeah, let's play this one again!"

That 90mm gun on the 13 90 is too damn inaccurate.  By the time I begin to try to snipe, something in that OpFor tier X lineup spots me and blows my ass away before the third shot of mine even has a chance to miss.  

If I wait for 10 minutes of the game to pass... and then run in to rape the damaged OpFor the 13 90 is great.

I just don't like waiting 10 minutes to begin to play a tank.

I really enjoy the games where I wait 1-2 minutes to see the game develop.  Look for an opening in the OpFor's lines and make a run through it.  I splat as many tanks as I can.  I auto-aim and fire when the reticule turns green.  

I can cause enough damage, quickly enough, that the entire OpFor must deal with me.  They are trying to hit my speeding ass as I bob, weave and click.  

I might only kill 2 tanks.  I damage 2-5 more.  By now, they are in such disarray that my team has broken through and takes them apart.

By the time the match ends, I am dead, back to my garage and have probably done the same thing in another match, maybe two...

TRG

TRG
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 11:14:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Macumazahn] [#42]
I recently bought a new premium tank, the T34-3.    

I have oodles of games in my Type 59 and really enjoy it.  Was looking for something along the same line.

It is very similar yet very different.  

Upside:
Great damage.
Great money producer - probably best of all premiums T8s I have tried (which is all T8s but the KV5)
Great penetration - I hardly ever have it bounce or not pen.  

Downside:
Armor stinks.
Turret movement is slower than Type.
WAY inaccurate - in fact, it is probably the most inaccurate tank I have.  

It is hard to fight a heavy of the same tier b/c it is slower/less maneuverable/slower turret rotation than the Type 59.  In fact, I had a Type run a circle around me shooting me and my turret wouldn't keep up.  Like I was a heavy, but I wasn't.

Summary - great dmg/pen when you hit something, great money maker, but hard to find a place for it, not a speedy flanker and not a close in brawler.

Gun stats:   T34-3 medium    175/250/61___390/390/465

IS3 heavy            225/265/68__390/390/530

As you can see, dmg is very similar, although pen is lower.  Still great dmg for a medium.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 11:18:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sseagle] [#43]
I've decided to play TDs 90% of the time now.. I guess I'm pretty far down those lines.

Maybe I can get a remedial class sometime tomorrow or sunday (who knows what shenanigans I will be drafted into on any given weekend though)

On the hunt for a working headset..

ETA : eagle_13 ingame
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 11:20:16 PM EDT
[#44]
I recently bought a new premium tank, the T34-3.    

I have oodles of games in my Type 59 and really enjoy it.  Was looking for something along the same line.

It is very similar yet very different.  

Upside:
Great damage.
Great money producer - probably best of all premiums T8s I have tried (which is all T8s but the KV5)
Great penetration - I hardly ever have it bounce or not pen.  

Downside:
Armor stinks.
Turret movement is slower than Type.
WAY inaccurate - in fact, it is probably the most inaccurate tank I have.  

It is hard to fight a heavy of the same tier b/c it is slower/less maneuverable/slower turret rotation than the Type 59.  In fact, I had a Type run a circle around me shooting me and my turret wouldn't keep up.  Like I was a heavy, but I wasn't.

Summary - great dmg/pen when you hit something, great money maker, but hard to find a place for it, not a speedy flanker and not a close in brawler.

Gun stats:   T34-3 medium    175/250/61___390/390/465

IS3 heavy            225/265/68__390/390/530

As you can see, dmg is very similar, although pen is lower.  Still great dmg for a medium.
View Quote

Same gun stats as the is6 and su 122-44. Good damage shit accuracy and low pen. Long reload for a medium even after they buffed it
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 11:23:01 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By sseagle:
I've decided to play TDs 90% of the time now.. I guess I'm pretty far down those lines.

Maybe I can get a remedial class sometime tomorrow or sunday (who knows what shenanigans I will be drafted into on any given weekend though)

View Quote

Be advised they are talking about nerfing the view range of TD's pretty hard. I enjoyed the grind up thru the 704 a lot but the 268 is meh after they whacked it with the hammer
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 11:26:17 PM EDT
[#46]

I stopped the grind for the Lorraine 40t.  The 13 90 is already too much trouble to play.

That 90mm gun on the 13 90 is too damn inaccurate.  By the time I begin to try to snipe, something in that OpFor tier X lineup spots me and blows my ass away before the third shot of mine even has a chance to miss.  

If I wait for 10 minutes of the game to pass... and then run in to rape the damaged OpFor the 13 90 is great.

I really enjoy the games where I wait 1-2 minutes to see the game develop.  Look for an opening in the OpFor's lines and make a run through it.  I splat as many tanks as I can.  I auto-aim and fire when the reticule turns green.  

I can cause enough damage, quickly enough, that the entire OpFor must deal with me.  They are trying to hit my speeding ass as I bob, weave and click.  

I might only kill 2 tanks.  I damage 2-5 more.  By now, they are in such disarray that my team has broken through and takes them apart.

By the time the match ends, I am dead, back to my garage and have probably done the same thing in another match, maybe two...

TRG

TRG
View All Quotes

TRG

TRG
your not the only one

Link Posted: 12/19/2014 11:33:36 PM EDT
[#47]

Be advised they are talking about nerfing the view range of TD's pretty hard. I enjoyed the grind up thru the 704 a lot but the 268 is meh after they whacked it with the hammer
View All Quotes

Just like they nerfed the SPG when I decided I liked them
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 11:34:28 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Diesel_Maximus_2992:
your not the only one  
View All Quotes

TRG

TRG
your not the only one  

If you can grind out the Lorraine, then the Batchat is worth it.  I kept the Bat and sold the Lorraine.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 11:51:05 PM EDT
[#49]

View All Quotes

SPG's are still strong. That "nerf" really didn't hurt most of them
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 11:52:44 PM EDT
[#50]

If you can grind out the Lorraine, then the Batchat is worth it.  I kept the Bat and sold the Lorraine.
View All Quotes

TRG

TRG
your not the only one  

I will never understand the Lorr hate...loved that tank.
Page / 696
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top