Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 696
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 3:04:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By JoeCoastie:
I bought back the type t-34. I forgot how fun that needle gun is. That and playing low tier is the easier way to rack up kills if you're short. I just got the top gun for the WZ120. Hoooooly hell. That whallop. I hit a few guys for north of 500 tonight. It's making the gring easy. Hit 120k tonight. I'm lacking in kills. I'll do the Jap line next. The CZ line is gonna be a struggle.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By QuicksilverJPR:
Anyone else actually going for the 44-100?

DE, FR, RU, US, and UK lines complete.

only 3 to go.

I'm nearly there except Czech and Japan.  I don't have shit in those lines...
I bought back the type t-34. I forgot how fun that needle gun is. That and playing low tier is the easier way to rack up kills if you're short. I just got the top gun for the WZ120. Hoooooly hell. That whallop. I hit a few guys for north of 500 tonight. It's making the gring easy. Hit 120k tonight. I'm lacking in kills. I'll do the Jap line next. The CZ line is gonna be a struggle.

Lemme guess your on the Tier 7 CZ Terror known as pain in zee ass tank
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 9:20:28 AM EDT
[#2]

Originally Posted By CrazedCat:
View All Quotes

Originally Posted By QuicksilverJPR:

Anyone else actually going for the 44-100?

DE, FR, RU, US, and UK lines complete.

only 3 to go.

I'm nearly there except Czech and Japan.  I don't have shit in those lines...

Yeah, still haven't played it. Just sitting in the garage till I get to it.

Link Posted: 9/25/2016 11:44:33 AM EDT
[#3]

View Quote

Thats one tank i might have no clams about Free Exp'ing past but then again it could be one of them tanks i can make work wheres others couldn't i dont know.  all i knoww is i hear horror stories about it.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 12:27:40 PM EDT
[#4]
I have the French missions done.  Russian will be done shortly.  I'll probably finish the German as well.  But thats about it.  
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 12:38:10 PM EDT
[#5]

Thats one tank i might have no clams about Free Exp'ing past but then again it could be one of them tanks i can make work wheres others couldn't i dont know.  all i knoww is i hear horror stories about it.

View All Quotes

I had 40k free xp. I burned all of it to get the big gun for the wz120. So fucking worth it. Some people have no idea how hard it hits and I think it catches a few of them by surprise when you roll them for 500 out of a medium. It's pretty deep so I either play it medium range or flat out brawling. The tier 9 gun for it is pretty sweet too at 320 alpha every 6-7 seconds. Hell the turret bounces a ton of stuff. Bounced a jpe100 at 50 meters last night and a 103 and e75.

So, yeah, back to the tier 7 abomination. I'm gonna keep playing my 40t until my crew for the 34 100 is at least 100%. Then I'll start grinding it. I've got probably 150 personal reserves. I'll turn them on and crank out the grind. It'll go quickly with an extra 50% free xp, crew xp and xp every single match.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 12:41:28 PM EDT
[#6]

Originally Posted By bssrf4:

I have the French missions done.  Russian will be done shortly.  I'll probably finish the German as well.  But thats about it.  
View Quote
I literally have no life anyone who grinds this A. Has no life B. Is super unicum and bangs out 5-6 k per game. If you did the math it was well north of 300 damage every day for a month. The only way to do this is have tier 5's that you're good in and tier 9/10's that you're good in. Tier 5 for kills top tier for damage.

I'm going on hiatus after I'm done. Time to play some other stuff.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 1:16:49 PM EDT
[#7]
I had 40k free xp. I burned all of it to get the big gun for the wz120. So fucking worth it. Some people have no idea how hard it hits and I think it catches a few of them by surprise when you roll them for 500 out of a medium. It's pretty deep so I either play it medium range or flat out brawling. The tier 9 gun for it is pretty sweet too at 320 alpha every 6-7 seconds. Hell the turret bounces a ton of stuff. Bounced a jpe100 at 50 meters last night and a 103 and e75.    

So, yeah, back to the tier 7 abomination. I'm gonna keep playing my 40t until my crew for the 34 100 is at least 100%. Then I'll start grinding it. I've got probably 150 personal reserves. I'll turn them on and crank out the grind. It'll go quickly with an extra 50% free xp, crew xp and xp every single match.
View All Quotes

How is the Czech prem i have been looking at it
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 1:24:33 PM EDT
[#8]
It's decent. The gun handling is meh. No armor so don't get shot. They buffed the pen to 145 which made it nice. Before that you had to sling HEAT. 250 avg dmg which is good. Decent money maker. Reload is 6ish seconds I think. Overall it's not bad. I would have preferred the cz25t as the prem though.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 1:25:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Klee] [#9]
Originally Posted By wav3form:

Most people can't play the T29 for shit.  Me and JB used to toon a lot running T29s and we'd rape the entire team.  I only shoot gold out of it because I like the crying... I really need to start playing again.

If I could only have three tanks, it'd be the T29, the Cromwell B and the M53/M55.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By wav3form:
Originally Posted By Klee:
Originally Posted By Klee:
I just discovered the 6 pdr auto-cannon for my AT 7  shooting gold LOLOLOLOLOLO

T29 broadside, 1 shot every second 1 penetration every second the T29 panicked  LOLOLOL  

I have never seen anyone using this combo, I came from the AT8 and skipped right over this gun.

Expensive tho.

But the LULZ!!

AT 7 with the 6 pounder auto cannon with gold against a T29 LOL

They killed me but i was not easy for them.

The T29 I penetrated 7 times in a row, ~75hp every second, one big bong every time I penetrated his lower front. BONG BONG BONG BONG BONG BONG BONG

He backed the hell away from me.LOL

Only ~75 hp per shot but if I'm hitting a weak spot the LULZ!!

http://i.imgur.com/Mq1j7sh.jpg

Most people can't play the T29 for shit.  Me and JB used to toon a lot running T29s and we'd rape the entire team.  I only shoot gold out of it because I like the crying... I really need to start playing again.

If I could only have three tanks, it'd be the T29, the Cromwell B and the M53/M55.

When I first started playing WOT and after a few run ins with T29's I used to go "oh crap" when I saw one, but now I realized how easy they are to kill.

More T29 tears this time in my AT 8

Link Posted: 9/25/2016 3:50:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Got the T-69 about a week ago,  It's a weird tank, less mobile than I thought it would be.  You have to pick your shots but when you get a flank it's murder.  Is the T54E1 as bad as it sounds?
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 3:57:21 PM EDT
[#11]

Originally Posted By Bones45:

Got the T-69 about a week ago,  It's a weird tank, less mobile than I thought it would be.  You have to pick your shots but when you get a flank it's murder.  Is the T54E1 as bad as it sounds?
View Quote
better than the 69.

Link Posted: 9/25/2016 4:04:12 PM EDT
[#12]

I literally have no life anyone who grinds this A. Has no life B. Is super unicum and bangs out 5-6 k per game. If you did the math it was well north of 300 damage every day for a month. The only way to do this is have tier 5's that you're good in and tier 9/10's that you're good in. Tier 5 for kills top tier for damage.    

View All Quotes

I'm not even close to getting all the nations -  I just finished USA and I think it took about 10 days to get the Germans.  After I finished the Germans I got to thinking about the reward tank and the missions required and decided it was too time-consuming, and not what I want to dedicate over a month of play for.

And I'm not gonna spend the $$ for the tokens.  It will be just one more tank that I don't have in my garage.

Link Posted: 9/25/2016 6:24:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CrazedCat] [#13]
Derp Lives matter when the Derp works it can do Nasty Things Poor Scorpion took a High Explosive Shell in the face 530 Damage his Modules were Useless  

Link Posted: 9/25/2016 6:37:41 PM EDT
[#14]
1 Game later went back to the 85 MM and Finally Aced the T-34-85 and the MOE is nice but what was Epic was that 112 i hit him 3 times then the 4th which did 900 ish Damage Blew his head off from 300 Plus Meters

IS6 Using the 112's Hull for Protection

Link Posted: 9/25/2016 11:58:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Anybody ever try the APCR on the tier 5 french arty, honestly I think its more fun than heat on the m44.

AMX 13 Wotreplays
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 12:17:52 AM EDT
[#16]

Originally Posted By bologna:

Anybody ever try the APCR on the tier 5 french arty, honestly I think its more fun than heat on the m44.

AMX 13 Wotreplays
View Quote

I found it inconsistent so stuck with HE
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 2:18:51 AM EDT
[#17]
And Chinese ticket complete.

Rebought the chi ri. Took it out for a spin with a sub part crew managed to rack up 2k in 5 minutes. Only 143k to go on the jap line.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 7:51:04 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By ludder093:
better than the 69.  
View All Quotes
better than the 69.  

I prefer the T69.

T54e1 is terrible. Longer reload than everything else in the game except maybe the 155-58 for decent damage, but not enough to justify a glacial reload time and only 4 shots with anemic penetration.

At least with the T69 you can sling straight HEAT and beat people up.

The T54e1 got ditched by power creep and never buffed to keep it competitive. I would rather find myself in ANY other tier 9 than the 54e1.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 7:58:59 AM EDT
[#19]

Originally Posted By Turboguy:
I prefer the T69.

T54e1 is terrible. Longer reload than everything else in the game except maybe the 155-58 for decent damage, but not enough to justify a glacial reload time and only 4 shots with anemic penetration.

The T54e1 got ditched by power creep and never buffed to keep it competitive. I would rather find myself in ANY other tier 9 than the 54e1.
View All Quotes

better than the 69.  

I prefer the T69.

Smells like a challenge to me. Lord knows I could add another 9 to my pile.

Link Posted: 9/26/2016 8:33:56 AM EDT
[#20]

I prefer the T69.

View All Quotes
better than the 69.  

I prefer the T69.

This was my impression.  The gun handling and terrain resistances look pretty bad, too, not to mention the engine power to weight.  There is no comparison at all between the e1 and the russian t54.  They might as well be in different tiers.

The t69 is fun in the right circumstances but I wouldn't call it flexible.  It's too bad because both could be really fun if they were buffed.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 9:22:37 AM EDT
[#21]

Rebought the chi ri. Took it out for a spin with a sub part crew managed to rack up 2k in 5 minutes. Only 143k to go on the jap line.
View Quote

Japan heavies Namely the OI Express and the OI its self if you can't Keep 2K damage going theres something wrong

Its not call the OP Express for nothing.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 9:31:10 AM EDT
[#22]

This was my impression.  The gun handling and terrain resistances look pretty bad, too, not to mention the engine power to weight.  There is no comparison at all between the e1 and the russian t54.  They might as well be in different tiers.

The t69 is fun in the right circumstances but I wouldn't call it flexible.  It's too bad because both could be really fun if they were buffed.
View All Quotes

better than the 69.  

I prefer the T69.

I haven't played it since the nerf. But I remember the 54 sucked unless you shot straight gold and then it was decent. I hated the 69 with a burning passion.

Link Posted: 9/26/2016 9:53:30 AM EDT
[#23]

Japan heavies Namely the OI Express and the OI its self if you can't Keep 2K damage going theres something wrong

View All Quotes

Yeah, I can't make that steaming pile of shit (OI) work. The exp though, that thing is a barrel of fun. Doesn't bounce shit. Just plays like a faster T150 and rams all the things.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 10:58:57 AM EDT
[#24]

Yeah, I can't make that steaming pile of shit (OI) work. The exp though, that thing is a barrel of fun. Doesn't bounce shit. Just plays like a faster T150 and rams all the things.
View All Quotes

That's because the O-I and O-Ni aren't that great of tanks. They suck really. Get yourself a O-Ho and that derp gun really does shine.....doing 300 dmg to the front of a Maus every 14 seconds is really nice. Not to mention 900 dmg HE hits on german skorps or borsigs. The O-Ho has the better dispersion values and overall a much less frustrating tank. Turn your brain off and do 2k, bounce an E100 like the replay I posted a page or two back. Its the best tank in that line.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 12:53:20 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Knightzone:

That's because the O-I and O-Ni aren't that great of tanks. They suck really. Get yourself a O-Ho and that derp gun really does shine.....doing 300 dmg to the front of a Maus every 14 seconds is really nice. Not to mention 900 dmg HE hits on german skorps or borsigs. The O-Ho has the better dispersion values and overall a much less frustrating tank. Turn your brain off and do 2k, bounce an E100 like the replay I posted a page or two back. Its the best tank in that line.
View All Quotes

Good info guys i was wondering where the Heavy line got great .
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 1:07:14 PM EDT
[#26]

View All Quotes

Yeah the WZ120 really does give people pause when they eat a nice big roll from it. It's not too common either so it still holds that element of surprise. I think a lot of people get to it and quit due to not wanting to learn how to play it with it's very limited depression.

CZ tier 7... yeah I've had good games in it and I've had bad games in it. Not really a fun tank to play, but it can be doable.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 1:08:44 PM EDT
[#27]
better than the 69.  
View All Quotes
better than the 69.  

More frustrating for me.  I get more "dirt-divers" out of the T54E1 than I ever got out of the T69.  T69 would bounce more though...but at least it generally hit close to the aim point.  T54E1 has more WTF moments with fully aimed shots.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 1:08:52 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By kar98k:

I'm not even close to getting all the nations -  I just finished USA and I think it took about 10 days to get the Germans.  After I finished the Germans I got to thinking about the reward tank and the missions required and decided it was too time-consuming, and not what I want to dedicate over a month of play for.

And I'm not gonna spend the $$ for the tokens.  It will be just one more tank that I don't have in my garage.

View All Quotes

Only knocked out the German line when I thought I would go for this. Decided that I did not want to devote all my time to WoT to get it done. I'd like to have a T-44-100, but oh well.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 1:16:46 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Accidental:

CZ tier 7... yeah I've had good games in it and I've had bad games in it. Not really a fun tank to play, but it can be doable.
View Quote

My happiest day in WOT, so far at least, was when I sold that POS T34/100.  The TVP VTU ain't a box of chocolate either, but at least you can find a play style that works....more or less.  The t34/100 simply doesn't have anything it is consistently good enough at to adapt to.  And its weaknesses are legion.

But who knows?  Coastie may well find it an enjoyable tank.  Turbo tells me he enjoys all kinds of questionable activities that most heterosexual men find repulsive.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 1:16:57 PM EDT
[#30]

Only knocked out the German line when I thought I would go for this. Decided that I did not want to devote all my time to WoT to get it done. I'd like to have a T-44-100, but oh well.
View All Quotes

I'm tired. I played way too late for the last few weeks. I'm banging out the Jap line and buying the CZ ticket. 9 bucks for a tier 8 premium. OK.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 1:18:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Inquisitive_Spaniard] [#31]
Which one of you jokers is "Make Her Air Tight?

I put a AP round from my wz120 straight through your T49  last night for 0 damage. Went right through. Sat there mouth agape while you aimed your gun at me and I ran back to cover. Then I got " FU AROCK"
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 1:22:27 PM EDT
[#32]

View All Quotes

Why is everyone so down on the 34/100?  The gun hits hard.  I am liking it a hell of a lot better than the t43 with it's little popgun.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 1:30:58 PM EDT
[#33]

Why is everyone so down on the 34/100?  The gun hits hard.  I am liking it a hell of a lot better than the t43 with it's little popgun.
View All Quotes

I HATED the T34/100.  Let count all the reasons why:  tier 5 armor at tier 7, tier 5 view range at tier 7, tier 5 maneuverability at tier 7, what feels like zero levels of gun depression, russian gun handling that gives you inconsistent accuracy and penetration.   I feel like I've left something out.  

I just could not find a playstyle I liked in that tank.   Medium range engagement was about all I could make work...and then it was highly inconsistent and map dependent due to the gun and lack of gun depression.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 3:30:11 PM EDT
[#34]

View All Quotes

Great is relative.

I'm not an authority on this stuff by any means but my general impression was that not a lot changed from O-I to O-Ni to O-Ho. They all play pretty much the same, just get a bit bouncier as you get to the higher tiers. The blurps in depression seem to be a bit more annoying on the O-Ho than I remember them being on the previous two.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 3:35:14 PM EDT
[#35]
OK--weird issue--when I click on WOT to start game, I go through the usual loading screens. password, etc.... Then screen goes BLACK---shows on Task Manager WOT is running but I have -0- picture?  Any advice?
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 3:38:12 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By dmb4765:
OK--weird issue--when I click on WOT to start game, I go through the usual loading screens. password, etc.... Then screen goes BLACK---shows on Task Manager WOT is running but I have -0- picture?  Any advice?
View Quote

Got a spare video card on hand by any chance?
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 3:50:05 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 3:53:52 PM EDT
[#38]
View Quote

Sounds like a bad modpack?  I know the whole structure of WoT folders changed with the last patch, so were you using a modpack?
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 3:57:59 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Old_Painless:

Or, like me, had similar problems and had to download new drivers for my video card.

Fixed it right up.

View All Quotes

Got a spare video card on hand by any chance?

Or, like me, had similar problems and had to download new drivers for my video card.

Fixed it right up.

Good point. I have mine to update automagically and forgot about it.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 4:12:48 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By USMC_JA:

I HATED the T34/100.  Let count all the reasons why:  tier 5 armor at tier 7, tier 5 view range at tier 7, tier 5 maneuverability at tier 7, what feels like zero levels of gun depression, russian gun handling that gives you inconsistent accuracy and penetration.   I feel like I've left something out.  

I just could not find a playstyle I liked in that tank.   Medium range engagement was about all I could make work...and then it was highly inconsistent and map dependent due to the gun and lack of gun depression.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By USMC_JA:

It is not by any stretch of the imagination a good tank; it's one to be endured.  My strategy for dealing with it is to play it for the daily double xp and that's it.  In a month or so it will unlock the next one then the tank gets sold and the crew retrained.   I'm doing the same with the t43.  That thing is so under gunned it's not even funny.   I have the 13 90 and amx m4 unlocked but not bought so there is no hurry.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 4:25:45 PM EDT
[#41]
Found a German Tank that is more op than all Russians Combined only needed a Crane and its 5 crew to load each Round

Sturmtiger in the Deutsches Panzermuseum. In the front is the main 380 mm caliber rocket-propelled projectile.

Link Posted: 9/26/2016 4:32:22 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 4:40:08 PM EDT
[#43]

"That one bounced!"
View All Quotes
Found a German Tank that is more op than all Russians Combined only needed a Crane and its 5 crew to load each Round

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/a7/Sturmtiger_frontal.jpg

Sturmtiger in the Deutsches Panzermuseum. In the front is the main 380 mm caliber rocket-propelled projectile.

"That one bounced!"

"We didn't penetrate their armor!"
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 4:51:33 PM EDT
[#44]

View Quote
Brumbar FTW! Company of heroes anyone?

Link Posted: 9/26/2016 6:43:13 PM EDT
[#45]

View Quote

Always wondered why that wasn't in the game.   Surely they could figure out some way to include it as the ultimate expression of derp guns.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 7:13:27 PM EDT
[#46]
I might have finally learned how to Comet

Victory!!

Battle: Prokhorovka

Vehicles: Comet

Experience received: 3,942 ( x2)

: 51,621 (  -681)

Battle achievements: High Caliber, Confederate, Mastery Badge: "Ace Tanker"

Mission completed! Reward: Personal Reserves: Additional Free Experience per Battle

Efficiency/WN8:3 871 (100)10 976 (100)
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 7:20:57 PM EDT
[#47]

View All Quotes

"That one bounced!"

That would be one time I'd approve of shooting HE

Link Posted: 9/26/2016 7:44:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Klee] [#48]
View All Quotes

"That one bounced!"

Bro do you even SU 152?
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 8:07:00 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By vanilla_gorilla:
I might have finally learned how to Comet

Victory!!
Battle: Prokhorovka
Vehicles: Comet
Experience received: 3,942 ( x2)
: 51,621 (  -681)
Battle achievements: High Caliber, Confederate, Mastery Badge: "Ace Tanker"
Mission completed! Reward: Personal Reserves: Additional Free Experience per Battle

Efficiency/WN8:3 871 (100)10 976 (100)

View Quote

Best Gun Depression in game when i stop Playing thug life in the Crom b i will go back to the Comet.  
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 8:57:18 PM EDT
[#50]

Bert is life

Page / 696
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top