Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 696
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 7:25:13 PM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ludder093:

Keep an eye on your mini map. It's about the most useful tool you have in game.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Originally Posted By CB1:

hey guys, a question...

I'm still very new at the game, but I'm am baffled at the speed some tankers, especially the Luchs.  It is just a lot of practice? I see Cromwells, Cruisers, Luchs speed all over the field and they zoom around corners and bag the enemy with one shot, or in the case of the Luchs, a rapid salvo.

What field of view zoom level are you guys using?  I am using a wheel mouse and a regular keyboard.  

As a humorous note, I was killed the other day and my wife asks me how am I doing... I said I just got killed and showed her the smoking remains on the screen. She said that I should be good since I was a Bradley driver and gunner. I paused and said.... That was over 30 years ago- and she laughed and said,  you will get better you never forget how to shoot... ROFL

And if you're the OP, warpack is helpful.

Link Posted: 9/21/2016 7:33:25 PM EDT
[#2]

Originally Posted By JoeCoastie:

View All Quotes

hey guys, a question...

I'm still very new at the game, but I'm am baffled at the speed some tankers, especially the Luchs.  It is just a lot of practice? I see Cromwells, Cruisers, Luchs speed all over the field and they zoom around corners and bag the enemy with one shot, or in the case of the Luchs, a rapid salvo.

What field of view zoom level are you guys using?  I am using a wheel mouse and a regular keyboard.  

As a humorous note, I was killed the other day and my wife asks me how am I doing... I said I just got killed and showed her the smoking remains on the screen. She said that I should be good since I was a Bradley driver and gunner. I paused and said.... That was over 30 years ago- and she laughed and said,  you will get better you never forget how to shoot... ROFL

shut your whore mouth you nosey Spanish cunt  

Link Posted: 9/21/2016 8:22:57 PM EDT
[#3]

View All Quotes

Link Posted: 9/22/2016 12:34:27 AM EDT
[#4]
I just discovered the 6 pdr auto-cannon for my AT 7  shooting gold LOLOLOLOLOLO

T29 broadside, 1 shot every second 1 penetration every second the T29 panicked  LOLOLOL  

I have never seen anyone using this combo, I came from the AT8 and skipped right over this gun.

Expensive tho.

But the LULZ!!
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 1:17:55 AM EDT
[#5]

View All Quotes

if I could be anyone for a day I'd be you and I'd choke myself

Link Posted: 9/22/2016 1:45:19 AM EDT
[#6]

View All Quotes

I choke myself all the time.

Link Posted: 9/22/2016 2:14:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Just got my amx 13/75. Last battle in the 12t I got over 3k dmg and used all my rounds .

Sadly I have a feeling the 13/75 is gonna be a pain in the ass since it keeps the 12t's pea shooter. Anyone who's run that grind how bad is it?
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 2:24:59 AM EDT
[#8]

View All Quotes

Can I watch

Link Posted: 9/22/2016 6:50:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Turboguy] [#9]
Originally Posted By Kali_Refugee:
Just got my amx 13/75. Last battle in the 12t I got over 3k dmg and used all my rounds .

Sadly I have a feeling the 13/75 is gonna be a pain in the ass since it keeps the 12t's pea shooter. Anyone who's run that grind how bad is it?
View Quote

It's not that bad.

13 75 is actually pretty good. 13 90 is great, the batch at 25t AP I fucking hate. It's fast as hell, decent gun, etc, but the reload is long and the shot to shot is rage inducing. It is an autoloader in name only for the simple fact that the shot to shot reload approaches Russian medium reload times. Get in position, take a shot, and leave unless you're sniping from a long ways. Don't try to clip someone out because you're going to take two or more hits, which considering the fact that you have zero armor and a low HP pool, is detrimental.

I liked the Lorraine 40t better.

Batchat 25t is great.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 8:03:07 AM EDT
[#10]
Can I watch  
View Quote

Are we on the Pier?
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 8:04:49 AM EDT
[#11]
Anyone else actually going for the 44-100?

DE, FR, RU, US, and UK lines complete.

only 3 to go.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 9:09:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: CrazedCat] [#12]

only 3 to go.
View Quote

the T-54 Prot works fine for me i am not in a rush to get the 44-100 is there really any difference than the T-44 with its 100 mm that i am already using besides it being a prem vehicle and Russian server only.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 9:12:19 AM EDT
[#13]

only 3 to go.
View Quote

Congrats!

With only three to go, you could pay for three or two and still end up with the tank for a good price.

I haven't played a game since the new major patch, but just follow along in the thread, here, for when I feel like getting back into it.  I don't know if it's the huge numbers of baddies rolling around in top tiers that have finally pushed me to lose interest yet, but War Gaming is doing their best to make the game go bad.

Link Posted: 9/22/2016 9:16:38 AM EDT
[#14]
Took today off, broke out the M44. Three matches in and the tears are already flowing. Going to be a good day.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 11:38:29 AM EDT
[#15]

Baddies are people with 15k battles and a Wn8 of less than 600. Griefers are assholes who just shove your tank as you are about to shoot, break your camo and bino's while you're in a TD by bumping you. Being in a BIG heavy tank and firing over your e25 and using you as their lower front plate. Putting their barrel to intersect your arty barrel so when you fire, you die with 0 consequences to the asshole who caused it. People who push you out into fire.l, block your retreat on purpose. Get it yet?  
View Quote
The baddies always talk about "playing for fun"-how the hell is playing at a 600 level fun?

Link Posted: 9/22/2016 11:52:34 AM EDT
[#16]

only 3 to go.
View Quote

Fucker.  

I got the Kraut coin and am 3/4 way through the Brits...but haven't played in a few days.  I had originally hoped to complete the Krauts, Brits, Russkies, and 'Merican lines...and buy the rest.  Now, I probably won't bother.  Too much of a grind.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 12:40:38 PM EDT
[#17]

only 3 to go.
View Quote

How much longer do you have to get these?

You could maybe just buy the remaining tickets, and then knock them out anyway and get gold when you accomplish them.

It's a very fun tank. Kinda wish it had pref matchmaking because then it would be a Type 59.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 12:45:15 PM EDT
[#18]

Originally Posted By Turboguy:

You could maybe just buy the remaining tickets, and then knock them out anyway and get gold when you accomplish them.

It's a very fun tank. Kinda wish it had pref matchmaking because then it would be a Type 59.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Turboguy:

only 3 to go.

Till the 10th. I'm more than likely going to buy the cz ticket. All I have is the t40, th cz25t and the 34/100 which is stock. I have a deep Chinese line to pull from. I have enough to pull in the o ni and chi RI if I need to add a couple to my jap line as I already have the STB1

Link Posted: 9/22/2016 12:46:46 PM EDT
[#19]

Originally Posted By USMC_JA:
Fucker.  

I got the Kraut coin and am 3/4 way through the Brits...but haven't played in a few days.  I had originally hoped to complete the Krauts, Brits, Russkies, and 'Merican lines...and buy the rest.  Now, I probably won't bother.  Too much of a grind.
View All Quotes

only 3 to go.

Fucker.  

I had no issues until I hit the British line. Everything I have British is tier 4-7. Hard to have big damage games in them. Great for kills at low tier though. Finished the 150 kills 40k early.

Link Posted: 9/22/2016 12:49:02 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By crurifragium:
The baddies always talk about "playing for fun"-how the hell is playing at a 600 level fun?

View All Quotes
Baddies are people with 15k battles and a Wn8 of less than 600. Griefers are assholes who just shove your tank as you are about to shoot, break your camo and bino's while you're in a TD by bumping you. Being in a BIG heavy tank and firing over your e25 and using you as their lower front plate. Putting their barrel to intersect your arty barrel so when you fire, you die with 0 consequences to the asshole who caused it. People who push you out into fire.l, block your retreat on purpose. Get it yet?  

How is only winning 40% of the rounds you get into fun? At 40% you specifically are the reason a majority of the team's you get on LOSE! You're like the Pariah dog in Fallout 2 who would cause everyone around them to have critical failures!

If WG didn't meddle with the MM I'd wager that they'd be a lot lower. A LOT lower.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 1:17:21 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Klee:

T29 broadside, 1 shot every second 1 penetration every second the T29 panicked  LOLOLOL  

I have never seen anyone using this combo, I came from the AT8 and skipped right over this gun.

Expensive tho.

But the LULZ!!
View Quote

It's not an autocannon, it's just very fast firing.  And if you think it's fun in a tier 7 TD, go back and play the tier 5 crusader -it's top gun is the same.  The only caveat is that in the AT7 you can plink away while bouncing their shots,  while the crusader has no armor.   But if you can line up some surprise buttsex with someone otherwise occupied you can woodpecker them to death in very short order.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 3:06:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: The_Floridian] [#22]

View Quote

The ones I start conversations with always call me a kid, and tell me that I will eventually be playing as bad as they do when I turn their age.

I counter by telling them that I am 45 years old, and adult enough to understand simple concepts to try to win at games I engage in.  They either refuse to believe me, or then call me a stat-padder.  

And this is no lie - this same reply has come from well over 30 people I've messaged after a game.  I message them in polite, questioning terms, and 95% of them counter with telling me that I am just a boy, and should not be asking.

It's the strangest thing, and a small part of why I do believe that my fellow Americans should have to pass some type of logic tests before being allowed to vote.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 3:20:33 PM EDT
[#23]
I had no issues until I hit the British line. Everything I have British is tier 4-7. Hard to have big damage games in them. Great for kills at low tier though. Finished the 150 kills 40k early.  
View All Quotes

only 3 to go.

Fucker.  

I'm opposite with the Brits.  Got most of the damage done, but still under 100 kills.  But, I agree.  It's tough to rack up big damage games with the Brit mediums and heavies.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 3:26:23 PM EDT
[#24]
hey guys, a question...

View Quote

Look at the World of Tanks Wiki for tons of information on the game.  Most tanks aren't that fast and virtually none are 1 shotting anyone, they are picking off the wounded.  It does take practice to figure out when and where you can use those tactics.  New players are probably better off sticking to tier 5.  Higher tier tanks see even higher tier opponents.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 6:08:47 PM EDT
[#25]
New map: Paris

Link Posted: 9/22/2016 7:38:13 PM EDT
[#26]
FWIW - I don't play much anymore and I'm a tomato, but I just got my 1st Oskin's medal in a Type T-34

Link Posted: 9/22/2016 8:42:14 PM EDT
[#27]
I sang the praises of Turboguy in a battle this evening, there happened to be a SIMP platoon on the red side. I might have mentioned Obama, Hillary and free tank codes.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 9:07:09 PM EDT
[#28]

Originally Posted By Drifter75:

I sang the praises of Turboguy in a battle this evening, there happened to be a SIMP platoon on the red side. I might have mentioned Obama, Hillary and free tank codes.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/22/2016 9:21:16 PM EDT
[#29]

View All Quotes

Never. Gets. Old.

Link Posted: 9/22/2016 9:31:39 PM EDT
[#30]

only 3 to go.
View Quote

I'm not in CLAWS and I'm not gay, so no.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 9:32:01 PM EDT
[#31]
Lowe in a tier X battle, trying to hold cap against 4 IX-X meds, and I get, "Fucking noob could have held it"

[facepalm]
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 9:35:36 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By vanilla_gorilla:
Lowe in a tier X battle, trying to hold cap against 4 IX-X meds, and I get, "Fucking noob could have held it"

[facepalm]
View Quote

L2P noob
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 10:09:53 PM EDT
[#33]

Expensive tho.

But the LULZ!!
View Quote

AT 7 with the 6 pounder auto cannon with gold against a T29 LOL

They killed me but i was not easy for them.

The T29 I penetrated 7 times in a row, ~75hp every second, one big bong every time I penetrated his lower front. BONG BONG BONG BONG BONG BONG BONG

He backed the hell away from me.LOL

Only ~75 hp per shot but if I'm hitting a weak spot the LULZ!!

Link Posted: 9/22/2016 10:12:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: wav3form] [#34]

The T29 I penetrated 7 times in a row, ~75hp every second, one big bong every time I penetrated his lower front. BONG BONG BONG BONG BONG BONG BONG

http://i.imgur.com/Mq1j7sh.jpg

View All Quotes

Expensive tho.

But the LULZ!!

Most people can't play the T29 for shit.  Me and JB used to toon a lot running T29s and we'd rape the entire team.  I only shoot gold out of it because I like the crying... I really need to start playing again.

If I could only have three tanks, it'd be the T29, the Cromwell B and the M53/M55.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 10:21:37 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By wav3form:

Most people can't play the T29 for shit.  Me and JB used to toon a lot running T29s and we'd rape the entire team.  I only shoot gold out of it because I like the crying... I really need to start playing again.

If I could only have three tanks, it'd be the T29, the Cromwell B and the M53/M55.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By wav3form:

Expensive tho.

But the LULZ!!

I had 4150 damage blocked with 1280 blocked from one T29.
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 8:28:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Turboguy] [#36]
Never. Gets. Old.  
View All Quotes

Never. Gets. Old.  

Yeah, I'm sure those fuckers joined in happily lol.

We recruited a couple new guys too, so they may or may not know me well enough to join in.
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 12:30:16 PM EDT
[#37]
Finally aced the M44.

The AMX was a bit upset. Caught him on the run while he was outflanking one of our half-dead TD's.

Link Posted: 9/23/2016 1:29:59 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By dmnoid77:
Finally aced the M44.

The AMX was a bit upset. Caught him on the run while he was outflanking one of our half-dead TD's.

http://i.imgur.com/ePH8pwL.jpg
View Quote

Nice game. I do have a question though, since I know you love Jap heavies. What's your impression of the tier7? The OI was a let down and I actually prefer the KV2 over it.
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 1:42:52 PM EDT
[#39]

Nice game. I do have a question though, since I know you love Jap heavies. What's your impression of the tier7? The OI was a let down and I actually prefer the KV2 over it.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By dmnoid77:
Finally aced the M44.

http://i.imgur.com/ePH8pwL.jpg

"Love" might be the wrong term. I do seem to get better results on average than on most of the other heavy lines I've tried.

O-Ni (the whole line really) can be a monster when it's top tier but anything at parity or above is not going to have much trouble making hits. Generally you want to be hanging out with more interesting targets and let them draw some fire while you derp. Don't be the first one around the corner. Don't get caught in the open if you can help it. Won't hull down like you're used to.
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 2:12:06 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 2:42:54 PM EDT
[#41]
HellCat

Link Posted: 9/23/2016 2:56:27 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 4:16:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: The_Floridian] [#43]
A teammate and I both earned Top Gun awards.  I was just out trying to train-up a new Commander who wasn't even at 100% yet, and who has no perks.  (I began trying to train him in the Marder II with some personal reserves, but gave up and put him in the E25 ... only after I had won my x3 in the E25 and thought about how dumb I am)

Then, somehow, I ended up earning the High Caliber award despite doing less damage than the OPFOR french tank and my own teammate.    I'm guessing they both did a little team damage?

Link Posted: 9/23/2016 4:30:08 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By The_Floridian:
A teammate and I both earned Top Gun awards.  I was just out trying to train-up a new Commander who wasn't even at 100% yet, and who has no perks.  (I began trying to train him in the Marder II with some personal reserves, but gave up and put him in the E25 ... only after I had won my x3 in the E25 and thought about how dumb I am)

Then, somehow, I ended up earning the High Caliber award despite doing less damage than the OPFOR french tank and my own teammate.    I'm guessing they both did a little team damage?

http://i.imgur.com/i23BT5v.jpg
View Quote

Korn doesn't need nein! perks.
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 4:52:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: The_Floridian] [#45]
Originally Posted By Accidental:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Accidental:
Originally Posted By The_Floridian:

http://i.imgur.com/i23BT5v.jpg

lol, he's tough like that.  

Er braucht fünf.  

But after seeing you play the german turreted TD's so well, I may just change over the E25 4-perk crew over for that line.  It just makes more sense as I really am not about to go up the Hetzer line again.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 10:48:02 AM EDT
[#46]
Well the 44-100 grind just got a lot easier. I guess it helps when most of the tanks you own in a certain line hit north of 400 on the regular. Banged out 80k for the Chinese line. 5k for the jap and got another 6k added to cz.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 11:32:15 AM EDT
[#47]
M4A3E8 with 105mm howitzer

Link Posted: 9/24/2016 6:54:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CrazedCat] [#48]
Last night i keep getting closer and closer to Acing it

Link Posted: 9/25/2016 12:44:31 AM EDT
[#49]

only 3 to go.
View Quote

I'm nearly there except Czech and Japan.  I don't have shit in those lines...
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 2:01:49 AM EDT
[#50]

Originally Posted By QuicksilverJPR:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By QuicksilverJPR:

only 3 to go.

I bought back the type t-34. I forgot how fun that needle gun is. That and playing low tier is the easier way to rack up kills if you're short. I just got the top gun for the WZ120. Hoooooly hell. That whallop. I hit a few guys for north of 500 tonight. It's making the gring easy. Hit 120k tonight. I'm lacking in kills. I'll do the Jap line next. The CZ line is gonna be a struggle.

Page / 696
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top