Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By The_Floridian:

Jesus this thread gets buried fast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-lGqEYvGUg&feature=player_detailpage

View Quote
Dat music doe.

Link Posted: 8/22/2015 3:45:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Dat Type 64 Its gun Might be small but if i get your sides witha 2 second or less reload and regular ammo this can happen.

Ammo racked a Jpanther

Defeat
Fisherman's Bay
Type 64

Experience received:912  

WN8: 3 551

Link Posted: 8/22/2015 6:29:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/22/2015 11:52:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Awwww yeah. Gonna be up and running when I get back from vacation next week. Woot. Zoomies should be back soon too.

Sax, we're gettin the band back together
Link Posted: 8/22/2015 11:57:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Old_Painless:
I was looking at the Team AR-15 and I see that a lot of guys haven't played a game in 2015.

I plan on removing anyone that has not played in 2015 to "clean up" the roster.

Does anyone have any objections?  Speak now or forever hold your peace.

View Quote

How many guys are still active in the ar15 clan? Would it be worth it to combine them at this point?
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 12:00:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By JoeCoastie:
Awwww yeah. Gonna be up and running when I get back from vacation next week. Woot. Zoomies should be back soon too.

View Quote

Awesome! I'm a little over due for a platoon of 304's or E25's.
Maybe by the time you get back from vacation my work schedule will normalize some what. Long story short, my customer service job didn't work out and I'm back at the e-recycling place again.
This week I'm working 8-5 Monday and Tuesday, 6-6 Wednesday, and minimum 14 hour days Thursday and Friday. The last two weeks have been roughly 6-6 Monday-Friday, and 6-3 on Saturday's.
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 12:13:29 AM EDT
[#8]

Originally Posted By Saxplayer:

Maybe by the time you get back from vacation my work schedule will normalize some what. Long story short, my customer service job didn't work out and I'm back at the e-recycling place again.

This week I'm working 8-5 Monday and Tuesday, 6-6 Wednesday, and minimum 14 hour days Thursday and Friday. The last two weeks have been roughly 6-6 Monday-Friday, and 6-3 on Saturday's.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Sorry to hear it man. Hopefully you will find something better.

I hawked a bunch of gun stuff I haven't used in years so I was able to scrounge up enough coin for a decent rig. Looking forward to getting back to hanging out with all you degenerates
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 12:24:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Saxplayer] [#9]

I hawked a bunch of gun stuff I haven't used in years so I was able to scrounge up enough coin for a decent rig. Looking forward to getting back to hanging out with all you degenerates
View All Quotes

It is what it is. I went from making $13/hr sitting on my ass in an air conditioned building to making $9.50/hr doing a mixture of warehouse and administrative work. Once my 90 day probation period is up I'll be up for a pay raise.
Basically this is what I look like at the end of the day.

Link Posted: 8/23/2015 12:44:44 AM EDT
[#10]
You look like a drunk. Get some rest bro. Good grief.
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 12:50:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Saxplayer] [#11]
You look like a drunk. Get some rest bro. Good grief.
View Quote

Alabama heat in a warehouse with no a/c has that affect on me. On the plus side, I'm in better shape now than when I started working. Moving pallets of computers and computer parts that weigh about 2200 pounds a piece gets your legs, back and shoulders in pretty damn good shape quick.
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 9:13:29 AM EDT
[#12]
Two battles in the M12, fuck that thing. Rage sold it.
View Quote

It's not as bad as you think, and the 40/43 is a keeper.

Then there is the 53/55 which is pure artysex.
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 12:50:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 2:41:37 PM EDT
[#14]

Might be.  It looks like about 1/2 of our clan hasn't been on this year.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By hwj_chim:
I was looking at the Team AR-15 and I see that a lot of guys haven't played a game in 2015.

How many guys are still active in the ar15 clan? Would it be worth it to combine them at this point?

Which ever one I am in is currently dead.

Bear_Killer
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 2:52:05 PM EDT
[#15]

View All Quotes

Would be interesting to do a straw poll and find out who is taking a break and playing Ships or Planes, and who is pretty much done.   While clam woes is a long way off in WOWs from what I hear, I'm sure once that goes live there were be a lot of _15 guys playing it.   From the way they've explained it thus far, the clans will be universal across all 3 games.

Link Posted: 8/23/2015 3:09:41 PM EDT
[#16]
as an XVM 'tomato', I do have my moments.

Link Posted: 8/23/2015 3:31:17 PM EDT
[#17]
been doing warships beta don't erase me
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 3:41:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 5:00:11 PM EDT
[#19]
look at this Gem I found in another thread.  It immortalizes one of our brothers in arms.
Not to mention, it's pretty funny, mostly because it is so accurate.

Link Posted: 8/23/2015 6:18:54 PM EDT
[#20]

Originally Posted By Leisure_Shoot:

look at this Gem I found in another thread.  It immortalizes one of our brothers in arms.Not to mention, it's pretty funny, mostly because it is so accurate.

View Quote
That was the point in my life where I thought I had leukemia or lymphoma. Poor split. Cancer took her

Link Posted: 8/23/2015 7:10:13 PM EDT
[#21]

View All Quotes

Cool I need to build a new rig myself... birthday is coming up next month so maybe then.  Hey I joined 6VENOM6's new clan, he split from GSC.  Should be fun.  
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 9:55:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Leisure_Shoot] [#22]

That was the point in my life where I thought I had leukemia or lymphoma. Poor split. Cancer took her  
View All Quotes

Really? wow...didn't know that. you've certainly had several lifetimes of medical issues at this point.

Poor split. Cancer took her

what does this mean?

Link Posted: 8/23/2015 10:14:50 PM EDT
[#23]

Really? wow...didn't know that. you've certainly had several lifetimes of medical issues at this point.  
what does this mean?

View All Quotes

Poor split. Cancer took her

what does this mean?

Splintnicket, the person. Who said I got the menopause. She dies about 2-3 years ago from cancer.

Link Posted: 8/23/2015 11:35:13 PM EDT
[#24]

Originally Posted By wav3form:
Cool I need to build a new rig myself... birthday is coming up next month so maybe then.  Hey I joined 6VENOM6's new clan, he split from GSC.  Should be fun.  

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By wav3form:

First rig I've ever built. Should be interesting. Got a PSU, mobo, memory and cpu coming this week. When. I get back from the outer banks I'll pick up my HD, blu Ray drive, case and OS.

GSC is pretty much toast, yeah?
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 1:40:53 AM EDT
[#25]

First rig I've ever built. Should be interesting. Got a PSU, mobo, memory and cpu coming this week. When. I get back from the outer banks I'll pick up my HD, blu Ray drive, case and OS.    

View Quote

Lol.  You kids.

My first computer upgrade was 4 mb of ram for the family's packard bell.  

It was my life savings, $200.  It let me run Doom without a boot disk.

Installing it was fucking terrifying.

A year later, I bought 8mb for the same price...  My current rig has 32 gb, I think.

It's not too bad these days, if you can stick the part where it fits.  You probably won't even bleed, given the quality of computer cases these days.  

I don't think you can even blow up, with smoke and everything, a modern processor.

Link Posted: 8/24/2015 1:44:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Inquisitive_Spaniard] [#26]

Originally Posted By FeebMaster:
Lol.  You kids.

A year later, I bought 8mb for the same price...  My current rig has 32 gb, I think.
It's not too bad these days, if you can stick the part where it fits.  You probably won't even bleed, given the quality of computer cases these days.  

I don't think you can even blow up, with smoke and everything, a modern processor.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By FeebMaster:

Lol.  You kids.

Blazing speed playing doom on a 386. I ain't old but I ain't no kid either.

Link Posted: 8/24/2015 1:57:02 AM EDT
[#27]

Blazing speed playing doom on a 386. I ain't old but I ain't no kid either.  
View Quote

486/DX2, son.  50 fucking mghz, turbo.  Pimped up years later with one of AMD's first processors, almost a pentium, dawg...

Seriously though, you'll be fine putting a PC together, these days.  Super easy.

Link Posted: 8/24/2015 11:16:39 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Turboguy:

View All Quotes

Not yet it ain't.   First, they fuck up my BIA by adding in another gunner.  Then, I get to grind out 68k xp for the 203mm with a base gun that has less splash radius than my dick.  Not to mention that full blown hits are averaging about 500hp.   Sure hope this thing gets better.
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 1:00:06 PM EDT
[#29]

Originally Posted By USMC_JA:
Not yet it ain't.   First, they fuck up my BIA by adding in another gunner.  Then, I get to grind out 68k xp for the 203mm with a base gun that has less splash radius than my dick.  Not to mention that full blown hits are averaging about 500hp.   Sure hope this thing gets better.
View All Quotes

I always look way down the line for crew changes and plan accordingly. The gun, yeah, I hear yah. I hate being splashed or even bit by those damn things. What's the reload like? 500 is still 500. Better than hitting for 0. What's the splash with gold HE?

Link Posted: 8/24/2015 4:32:34 PM EDT
[#30]

View All Quotes

I'll fucking wreck most enemies in one good lick. At the very least I'm knocking off a half to 3/4ths of their health.

Arty isn't hard at all to do very well in. I can only imagine how it was before the nerf.
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 7:49:27 PM EDT
[#31]

I'll fucking wreck most enemies in one good lick. At the very least I'm knocking off a half to 3/4ths of their health.

Arty isn't hard at all to do very well in. I can only imagine how it was before the nerf.
View All Quotes

It was so good I baited tanks in and TD mode killed them.  Many of them.  It was ridiculous.
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 7:59:46 PM EDT
[#32]

Okay, I have "cleaned up" the roster for the AR-15 Clan.  We now have 34 active members.  I removed anyone that had not played since 2014. (If you haven't played in 8 months, you are not "active". )

If I removed anyone that still wants to be on the team, just send me a note and I will send you an invite.

With only 34 members, maybe we could absorb another AR15 clan.

Whomever makes those kinds of decisions, let me know.

AR-15 is a "Casual Clan", which means we do not do clan wars or tournaments.  But we do platoon together and have a good time doing that.

If interested in joining the team, let me know.  Thanks.

View All Quotes

Okay, I have "cleaned up" the roster for the AR-15 Clan.  We now have 34 active members.  I removed anyone that had not played since 2014. (If you haven't played in 8 months, you are not "active". )

If I removed anyone that still wants to be on the team, just send me a note and I will send you an invite.

AR-15 is a "Casual Clan", which means we do not do clan wars or tournaments.  But we do platoon together and have a good time doing that.

If you absorb, I'm in AR15 currently... Seems like no more than a dozen active total at this point. (then again, my play hours are all wonky)
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 8:12:11 PM EDT
[#33]

View All Quotes

Maybe worth a PM to Engine or Huskers to see what they think.  I have started to get the WOT itch again and at this point wouldn't mind doing some strong holds. I've got all the tanks I really want at this point so looking more to have fun (which means winning) vs. power grind.
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 8:59:41 PM EDT
[#34]
Looks like I'll be taking a work induced break from tanks this week. Worked 8-7 today, going 7-? tomorrow, 5:30-7:30 Wednesday, and 5:30-? Thursday and Friday.
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 10:10:23 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 11:31:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FeebMaster] [#36]

You'd think it was an x5 weekend tonight.

Yeah, Im done.

The 165 wn8 guy crying about warpack was entertaining, at least.  

Link Posted: 8/24/2015 11:51:48 PM EDT
[#37]
I tried to carry them... but they did not want to come along for the ride.

Link Posted: 8/25/2015 12:51:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Turboguy] [#38]
Originally Posted By jblomenberg16:

Maybe worth a PM to Engine or Huskers to see what they think.  I have started to get the WOT itch again and at this point wouldn't mind doing some strong holds. I've got all the tanks I really want at this point so looking more to have fun (which means winning) vs. power grind.
View Quote

I think you guys would have quite a lot of fun in the tier 6 stronghold battles.

CW is royally screwed up. Don't bother. The way they've got shit set up now, you have to do strongholds and whatnot to build up support for you to attack a landing zone. It's really, outstandingly gay and not really worth the bullshit. It favors the top clans.

We will throw up a credit boost every night to get as many people as possible doing strongholds, and will, more often than not, have two or three teams going at the same time. It is very possible to end up with several million credits in an hour if things are going your way and you're using tanks that make bonus bank. The tier 6 battles are short delay matchups because of the sheer number of people doing them, and they're over fast. Also they're a great way to grind those on tracks.

They DO NOT count towards your stats like they used to. (I've got a Cromwell that's pushing a 75% win rate) Team battles do, but there is really no reason to even do those anymore with strongholds.
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 10:40:51 AM EDT
[#39]

I think you guys would have quite a lot of fun in the tier 6 stronghold battles.

CW is royally screwed up. Don't bother. The way they've got shit set up now, you have to do strongholds and whatnot to build up support for you to attack a landing zone. It's really, outstandingly gay and not really worth the bullshit. It favors the top clans.

We will throw up a credit boost every night to get as many people as possible doing strongholds, and will, more often than not, have two or three teams going at the same time. It is very possible to end up with several million credits in an hour if things are going your way and you're using tanks that make bonus bank. The tier 6 battles are short delay matchups because of the sheer number of people doing them, and they're over fast. Also they're a great way to grind those on tracks.

They DO NOT count towards your stats like they used to. (I've got a Cromwell that's pushing a 75% win rate) Team battles do, but there is really no reason to even do those anymore with strongholds.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By jblomenberg16:

Part of the reason I left Relic Aux. If you weren't doing CW, you were doing SH's. No time to grind and it wasn't much fun anymore doing that BS nonstop.
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 10:44:32 AM EDT
[#40]
I always look way down the line for crew changes and plan accordingly. The gun, yeah, I hear yah. I hate being splashed or even bit by those damn things. What's the reload like? 500 is still 500. Better than hitting for 0. What's the splash with gold HE?  
View Quote

In the service, I always enjoyed hanging out with Coasties.  But I never claimed to be as smart as them.    I failed to look ahead on the crew.  Trying to get my new gunner caught up on BIA. 60% through BIA on the new gunner.

Reload is actually the best thing about the base 155mm.  It's much better than the the M40/43. Aim time is better as well.   However, I'd rather have the slower reload, larger alpha, and bigger splash radius of the 203mm.  When I hit, I need to HIT.  American arty is not about nibbling tanks to death.  It's about whacking the piss out of enemy tanks and bathing in their tears.  

I don't shoot gold as I'm WOT poor but it probably wouldn't hurt.
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 10:46:09 AM EDT
[#41]

View Quote

With the 8 inch howitzer on the M40/43, I agree.  With the base 155mm on the M53/55?  Not so much.
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 11:21:12 AM EDT
[#42]

In the service, I always enjoyed hanging out with Coasties.  But I never claimed to be as smart as them.    I failed to look ahead on the crew.  Trying to get my new gunner caught up on BIA. 60% through BIA on the new gunner.

Reload is actually the best thing about the base 155mm.  It's much better than the the M40/43. Aim time is better as well.   However, I'd rather have the slower reload, larger alpha, and bigger splash radius of the 203mm.  When I hit, I need to HIT.  American arty is not about nibbling tanks to death.  It's about whacking the piss out of enemy tanks and bathing in their tears.  

View All Quotes

Oh, I got hosed on a few tanks by not looking ahead. The E100 is that one that pissed me off enough to go, you know what, I'm not doing that again.

When I was running the S51 the stock gun had an awesome reload and good aiming time...for arty. The big gun, 203mm. was a miserable reload and aim time...but dat splash doe.

I agree, arty aint for nibbling tanks to death (unless it's a 304) but 500 is better than 0, right? That and even the tier 10 meds don't carry that much HP so 500 is still a significant chunk of health.  What types of tanks are you aiming at? Might make a difference if you start targeting the thinner skinned meds and whatnot instead of whittling down the heavy tanks. Just a thought if you're not already doing that. Also, do you know your arc? Try nailing engine decks as much as you can.
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 11:23:00 AM EDT
[#43]
Sometimes I really feel like telling this game and editors to go FUCK themselves..

2 days, in a row, 25 battles in a row, with only one game at 57% (with all top tiers in red...) ... otherwise, 24 battles with % in between 22% and 45%

fuck that shit..

im barely keep my win ratio now, even though I have an average 1700wn8....
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 11:53:59 AM EDT
[#44]

Originally Posted By Shung:

Sometimes I really feel like telling this game and editors to go FUCK themselves..

2 days, in a row, 25 battles in a row, with only one game at 57% (with all top tiers in red...) ... otherwise, 24 battles with % in between 22% and 45%

fuck that shit..

im barely keep my win ratio now, even though I have an average 1700wn8....
View Quote
I find that I can keep my level of play up for 3-4 weeks and then it's a bad streak like you're having. When it's like that there is no matter what I do in each game, it'll be a loss. I say I play for 3 losses in a row and will quit. But that's not entirely true. I'll stick it out for about 10 games and if it's not above 40% win rate average I usually call it, especially if I'm not playing well. If I switch servers and I have 3 losses in a row, I'm done. I'll come back the next day and if I see it doing the same thing again I'll call it faster than 10 games. It'll stay like that for about a week or so and then go back to normal for me.

Link Posted: 8/25/2015 11:55:06 AM EDT
[#45]

Oh, I got hosed on a few tanks by not looking ahead. The E100 is that one that pissed me off enough to go, you know what, I'm not doing that again.

When I was running the S51 the stock gun had an awesome reload and good aiming time...for arty. The big gun, 203mm. was a miserable reload and aim time...but dat splash doe.

I agree, arty aint for nibbling tanks to death (unless it's a 304) but 500 is better than 0, right? That and even the tier 10 meds don't carry that much HP so 500 is still a significant chunk of health.  What types of tanks are you aiming at? Might make a difference if you start targeting the thinner skinned meds and whatnot instead of whittling down the heavy tanks. Just a thought if you're not already doing that. Also, do you know your arc? Try nailing engine decks as much as you can.
View Quote

I get it. I'm always looking for stationary mediums and 'Merican and frog heavies.  But even when you solidly hit them and anticipate a nice fat 1000hp hit, you get the 500 ones.  The other day, I hit the rear engine deck of a SPershing who turned his back to me across the map.  I thought I was going to remove him from the map and be able to gloat in chat.   560hp hit.    

The base 155mm has a very flat arc.  So, you are limited in what you can reach.
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 11:59:45 AM EDT
[#46]
View Quote

You really should be firing straight gold as long as it's not HEAT in arty.

You fire infrequently, and if you get close, it still counts as a damaging hit, so you can ameliorate your losses. The nice thing about the American arty is that the 40/43 does hit damned hard, and with gold, ya just gotta get close. Even moreso the 53/55, and the T92 is like slinging a nuclear weapon. If you get close, they're vaporized.
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 12:13:09 PM EDT
[#47]
Part of the reason I left Relic Aux. If you weren't doing CW, you were doing SH's. No time to grind and it wasn't much fun anymore doing that BS nonstop.
View Quote

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE doing strongholds and SIMP is an awesome clan. We get a sizable portion of gold based on our CW/SH activity. Also the free swag is really nice too and having not paid a fucking dime to WG in a long time also has its perks.

But sometimes I just want to play my own game, and that's cool with the SIMP leadership.

We mostly use Strongholds as a big benefit to clan members as the benefits of doing them are awesome. Being able to buy tier X tanks in two nights of screwing around talking smack with a bunch of other people is awesome.
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 12:15:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Inquisitive_Spaniard] [#48]

You fire infrequently, and if you get close, it still counts as a damaging hit, so you can ameliorate your losses. The nice thing about the American arty is that the 40/43 does hit damned hard, and with gold, ya just gotta get close. Even moreso the 53/55, and the T92 is like slinging a nuclear weapon. If you get close, they're vaporized.
View All Quotes

The s51 and the 14-2 Russian arty are like that. Slinging gold and running rations can out you in the poor house though. However, one shooting tier 10 meds hell, I one shot a t34 with the gold ammo. It's a glorious thing. Especially since the splash is 8 freaking meters. Direct hits not required. Lol

Oh, USMC, at tier 8 that's about what I roll for as well unless I get a penetrating hit. Aim for the far side of the tank if you have a low arc.....if you didn't already know.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 11:26:03 AM EDT
[#49]
Doing work in a T-34.  I would have had 9 kills but my gun trolled me when trying to kill the last arty (who had 20hp left) and he snap shotted me.  Oh well.  Still a fun match.

Link Posted: 8/26/2015 2:03:20 PM EDT
[#50]

View All Quotes

I'll move over.  I'm riley431 on WOT.  Would be nice to toon with some peeps.  Been learning on my own.
Page / 696
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top