Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 8:10:51 PM EDT
[#1]
I haven't been inside a movie theatre since Alien Vs Predator. The first one.
I'm going to see this one in the theatre.
Not because I believe it will be 100% accurate, but because I believe it will be a great movie, directed by a badass, about a badass. It will also make me very happy to put some $ in the pocket of Kyles wife.
  Some people need to look at the big picture, and think about how he died, helping other vets.
I don't use the ignore feature here, usually, the shit I would be ignoring, is very entertaining, but this time, I don't know, it seems like Kyle must have banged this dudes girlfriend in high school or something.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 8:11:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Actually going to see this in the theatre.
View Quote

So will I. Normally I stear clear of theaters but for this and Lone Survivour I will go.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 8:13:15 PM EDT
[#3]

Look at the guy closest to Cooper on his right.....Holy shit it's Godfather!
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 8:18:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Of course he did, he was trying to drum up book sales and make money, once under oath though he recanted that claim.

Sounds like a real upstanding gentleman. Throw another veteran under the bus to make some money............
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
According to Wikipedia, the alleged incident with Ventura is not in the movie.

Alleged? Kyle himself testified in a deposition that it never happened.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhjHWovwix4

Well the reason the whole thing started was because Kyle himself said it DID happen.

Of course he did, he was trying to drum up book sales and make money, once under oath though he recanted that claim.

Sounds like a real upstanding gentleman. Throw another veteran under the bus to make some money............

You're talking about a veteran that screams about nano thermite being used by a government against its citizens? That veteran? Upstanding.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 8:34:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

You're talking about a veteran that screams about nano thermite being used by a government against its citizens? That veteran? Upstanding.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhjHWovwix4

Well the reason the whole thing started was because Kyle himself said it DID happen.

Ventura and Kyle are peas in a pod.. I'm sure they argued over who sniped the most extraterrestrials from a stadium rooftop
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 8:41:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

This thread is a perfect example. Man had a proven track record of lying (proven by his testimony) and yet the GD sack swingers love the guy.

Makes me wonder what else he could have lied about before GD realized the truth.....................
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
He was a well known bullshitter. The fact that so many on here believe everything they hear about him is comical.

Since it's a "fact," can you please cite some examples? Thanks.

This thread is a perfect example. Man had a proven track record of lying (proven by his testimony) and yet the GD sack swingers love the guy.

Makes me wonder what else he could have lied about before GD realized the truth.....................

And yet, none of that shit you're going off about has anything to do with the movie.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 8:45:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
http://youtu.be/WTIb_GLlw-4

Look at the guy closest to Cooper on his right.....Holy shit it's Godfather!
View Quote

Wish they kept his raspy voice.  First time I saw him in a show outside of GK, I was disappoint.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 8:48:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Chris Kyles truth and/or fiction aside, I'm looking forward to watching it at some point. If I didn't know it was Bradley Cooper I doubt I'd have recogognized him. He put some serious weight on for this role.  
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 8:58:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Will Clint be making a movie about Corey "HHHHhhhhhhhhnnnnnggggg" Jackson as well?
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 8:59:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 9:06:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 9:14:13 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

I didn't care for the book. The war stuff was cool and kyle came across as a great guy who went out of his way to put himself at risk to protect Marines.

View Quote

The stuff with his wife was, well, not good or compelling. I thought maybe she insisted on being involved or something.

In the not war chapters the seals came across as a bunch of frat boy dicks who called petty hazing team building and who went out cruising in bars to beat the shit out of whatever hapless assholes crossed their paths.

Lone survivor really soured me on these "true war story" books that are full of made up stuff, Kyle had some of the same problems with truthfulness. Probably whoever Caesar's toughest Sargent was came home telling stories about fighting centaurs and wrestling Hercules.

I have faith in Eastwood, but might wait for this on video, same as lone survivor.

Kyle's gun book is kinda fun, there are some errors and typos and I suppose his ghost writer mostly wrote it since it was published after Kyle's death. still it's fun book with a real love of guns.
I agree about the hazing, choking out stuff.  But I've never been in the teams.

Eta:  It was also hard to read his wife's struggle.

In the end, he probably saved lives....right?  And got back to family.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 9:19:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Wtf happened to this thread?  Fuck.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 9:22:00 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Wtf happened to this thread?  Fuck.
View Quote

I'm a fool for thinking this would go well.  

Link Posted: 12/18/2014 9:25:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 9:45:54 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

I didn't care for the book. The war stuff was cool and kyle came across as a great guy who went out of his way to put himself at risk to protect Marines.

View Quote

The stuff with his wife was, well, not good or compelling. I thought maybe she insisted on being involved or something.

In the not war chapters the seals came across as a bunch of frat boy dicks who called petty hazing team building and who went out cruising in bars to beat the shit out of whatever hapless assholes crossed their paths.

Lone survivor really soured me on these "true war story" books that are full of made up stuff, Kyle had some of the same problems with truthfulness. Probably whoever Caesar's toughest Sargent was came home telling stories about fighting centaurs and wrestling Hercules.

I have faith in Eastwood, but might wait for this on video, same as lone survivor.

Kyle's gun book is kinda fun, there are some errors and typos and I suppose his ghost writer mostly wrote it since it was published after Kyle's death. still it's fun book with a real love of guns.

Glad I wasn't the only one who thought this.  Frankly, lowered my respect by a fair bit.

I haven't seen the "gun book", but maybe I'll look it up. . .
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 10:06:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Will Clint be making a movie about Corey "HHHHhhhhhhhhnnnnnggggg" Jackson as well?
View Quote

He he
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 10:09:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 10:11:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 10:14:02 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Jesus man, how far up your vagina are your panties right now?

How about you go douche up another forum?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
BUT THEN HE PISSED HOW MUCH OF THAT AWAY WHEN HE CAME HOME AND LIED ABOUT EVERYTHING HE'D DONE STATESIDE?
he had 160 confirmed kills but didn't he himself claim something like 240?  That's quite the disparagement.

Jesus man, how far up your vagina are your panties right now?

How about you go douche up another forum?

Yes please do. Carlos Hathcock claimed double what his confirmed count was.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 10:27:02 PM EDT
[#21]
Chris' fibs in my opinion are a symptom of being caught up in the hype of going from an unknown discharged veteran who ws looking to make a living train in police snipers or contractors to a minor celebrity with the potential to make millions from books and movies. I'm not excusing them nor do I think his service record is diminished by them.  I don't know who was advising Chris or fueling the sea stories, but I believe he was completely unprepared for the spotlight and got sucked up into it.  

The basis of my opinion is that I met him a few times before and after the book came out and our kids were in school together.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 10:28:42 PM EDT
[#22]
A guy that lied about killing carjackers is killed by a carjacker. Film at 11.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 10:32:47 PM EDT
[#23]
Who is the member that got to see an Academy Award version, and that said it sucked?
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 10:36:04 PM EDT
[#24]
Nice, I can't wait to see it.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 10:41:43 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
In before marky mark stabs you all with a knife thrown to him at the last mibute by a dirty peasant boy who is still innocent and young enough to love America before being corrupted by the taliban.
View Quote

Great post.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 10:45:04 PM EDT
[#26]
Can we get a mod in here to put an end to all of the non-movie related bullshit?
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 10:45:16 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

He WAS a hero until he disparaged himself at every chance he could.
Dude could have just gone by his service record and been a national hero, but Nope, had to come up with a bunch of bullshit to inflate his ego even further. Including throwing another SEAL under the bus. Kyle's buddies wouldn't even stick up for him in court, what's that tell you about him?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is this movie going to show the guys at the gas station that he shot (which there is ZERO evidence of it happening?)

How about him punching Ventura? (of which Kyle himself said in his deposition it never happened)

I guess all of GD should be piddling in our panties to go watch some fictional movie!! WOOT!!!

Well when you become a Navy Seal and then become one of the worlds best snipers you will get to write a book about your life and can put whatever you want in it.

Until then STFU.

Even if he came back from the grave and publicly said "i made up everything about Ventura" everyone would shrug, still think hes a Hero and still think Ventura is a DB.

He WAS a hero until he disparaged himself at every chance he could.
Dude could have just gone by his service record and been a national hero, but Nope, had to come up with a bunch of bullshit to inflate his ego even further. Including throwing another SEAL under the bus. Kyle's buddies wouldn't even stick up for him in court, what's that tell you about him?

This site needs down votes...
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 10:46:16 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Is this movie going to show the guys at the gas station that he shot (which there is ZERO evidence of it happening?)

How about him punching Ventura? (of which Kyle himself said in his deposition it never happened)

I guess all of GD should be piddling in our panties to go watch some fictional movie!! WOOT!!!
View Quote

You really crave attention, don't you.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 11:02:35 PM EDT
[#29]
In before ISIS hacks the production company's computer system and demands that they not release the film.  
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 11:05:05 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

All bullshit aside, can we all agree that regardless of what Kyle said happened/didn't happen he was still ten times the man most of us will ever become.

Link Posted: 12/18/2014 11:05:49 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

A guy that lied about killing carjackers is killed by a carjacker. Film at 11.
View Quote

And a guy like you clicked on this thread to see the trailer.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 11:07:41 PM EDT
[#32]
Trailer was outstanding. Looking forward to seeing this in theaters.

It's refreshing to see actual issue weapons instead of TROLOLOLO UTG rails w/ backward Aimpoint Delta DEVGRU sniper systems.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 11:07:52 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

WTF is that supposed to mean?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
He was a well known bullshitter. The fact that so many on here believe everything they hear about him is comical.

Since it's a "fact," can you please cite some examples? Thanks.

Show us on the doll where the serviceman touched you...

WTF is that supposed to mean?

You like gladiator movies?  They are homosex lies about war...

was it before or after you put on the Brony Suit before you realized that My Little Ponies wasn't a documentary about the day to day lives of gay horses?

Honestly people are going to see it or they aren't, if you want to sway people to not see it for whatever reason you need to adjust your trolling style.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 11:08:01 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Clint Eastwood was the perfect guy to drive this movie. I believe it will be brilliant.
View Quote

I agree %100. Looks amazing
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 11:08:43 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Cannot wait to support the film.

Hopefully the family makes ten fold what scum bag Ventura took from them.
View Quote

Hear hear!

Link Posted: 12/18/2014 11:15:02 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 11:17:06 PM EDT
[#37]
To everyone dogging on Kyle, I've actiually met the man, and I'd love to see any of you try to be half the man he was

Link Posted: 12/18/2014 11:17:17 PM EDT
[#38]
Is a fair site, one can be an non paying member, or, site staff, and still be a ****.
We are fair this way.
Your words will follow you.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 11:29:16 PM EDT
[#39]
Movie looks awesome. I'll be seeing it in theater

Oh, and seeing as how those people always have to show up. Here's my take on Chris lying and bending the truth.

Actions speak louder than words... No one in this thread can say his actions don't far out weigh his words.  Does it damage his character?
Yep, but he's still 10X the man than most of this country.  We all have that friend with a pretty big character flaw, but we look past it for one reason or another...

A good man can be shitty at times, and a shitty man can be good.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 11:30:08 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Is a fair site, one can be an non paying member, or, site staff, and still be a ****.

We are fair this way.

View Quote

I like the cut of your Jib.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 11:38:10 PM EDT
[#41]
Some seem to 'back pedal' a lot.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 11:40:35 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

View Quote

Care to elaborate?
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 11:40:52 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
We are fair this way.
View Quote

They might even follow him to court, where he'll be proved a liar.

Movie looks good though.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 11:44:07 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Care to elaborate?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Care to elaborate?

When popular opinion goes the other way.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 11:44:23 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

Isnt that kind of what the guys who are bagging on CK are saying?
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 11:47:55 PM EDT
[#46]

Well, I'm out.  

I'll keep on living and giggle at the butthurt.

Link Posted: 12/18/2014 11:48:05 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cite?

Kyle admitted some details were different, but he always maintained that he did punch Ventura
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 11:49:52 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Clint Eastwood was the perfect guy to drive this movie. I believe it will be brilliant.
View Quote

God I hope so. I have high hopes.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 11:55:50 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

That's, like, most Combat MOS, man.

I didn't read the book, but I'd be really surprised if the stuff from the book was WAY out of line with the shit that happened to me as a Snuffy. The way you described it was pretty much how we rolled. Not saying it was right, but I was an idiot, so...
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 11:56:17 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Is this the trailer where the scope makes really cool clicking sounds as it zooms in?

Fucking asshattery.  Hollywood can really fuck up a good story with it's lack of attention for details...
View Quote

If that's the fault you find in the film I'd say it'll be a good one to watch. Sure, you know and I know it's bull shit, but come on, it's marketed toward the uninformed. It portrays a story, and if clicking scope turrets draw in the audience so be it. I'm ok with that.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top