User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 11:57:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 11:58:24 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm a fan of decockers and refuse to buy a handgun with a safety.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 11:58:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Decockers do NOT belong on the CZ-75 (or derivatives).  They are an abomination.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/18/2014 12:19:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Get both. P09
View Quote

This. The P-09 and P-07 come with the decocker installed but a safety in the box that is easily swapped out.

For metal CZ's I voted safety.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 9:49:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I have a CZ 75 BD (decocker) and I can't complain about the trigger. It does what I need it to do just fine and does it without a safety.

That said I've never been all that "trigger sensitive" either
View Quote

+1

I like the de-cocker and I carry a CZ-75D PCR.  I also like Sig Sauer pistols with the de-cocker.  

If this is a gun you are going to carry, I would go with the de-cocker.  

If this is for target shooting, then it would make some sense to get the one with the safety.  

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 9:50:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
what do you want it for?
If its for social use.  decocker all the way.

If its a range toy, get the safety model.
View Quote

Ha!  I hadn't read your response and that's what I recommended.  Cool.

Link Posted: 12/18/2014 9:52:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
what do you want it for?

Link Posted: 12/18/2014 9:56:14 PM EDT
[#8]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
what do you want it for?

http://cdn.meme.li/i/ia79z.jpg

Link Posted: 12/18/2014 9:58:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Thanks for expanding on that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why all the love for a decocker on a carry gun?  Cocked and locked works fine.

I don't get it either. I seriously don't see the need for one.

Shit happens in combat.  The fewer manipulations required at the critical moment, the more likely you will be successful.

On the berreta, for example, the safety often engages/disengages without postiive action.

Partial disengagement of the safety, on a cock and lock, debril getting between the hammer and the firing pin.

One reason the glock is popular.  

If you want tight groups at the range so people can ooh and ahhh.  Cool.  I get that.  Most weapons are for that purpose.

Which is why the question is presented, what do you want to do with the gun.

If you lack the requisite accuracy with a DAO pull to defend yourself, the action isn't the problem.  you are.

Thanks for expanding on that.

Another advantage is double strike capability on a de-cocker model.  If it doesn't fire you simply squeeze the trigger again.

See response below.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 10:00:46 PM EDT
[#10]
I like having the basic 75B operating system. You can carry it cocked and locked. Single action every shot, but DA if you need it.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 10:08:28 PM EDT
[#11]
I like DA/SA for carry and decocking without a deckocker is a somewhat risky proposition. The only thumb safety gun I'll carry is a 1911 just because it's so easy and natural to use, I don't like safeties for carry on anything else, YMMV.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 10:08:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Another advantage is double strike capability on a de-cocker model.  If it doesn't fire you simply squeeze the trigger again.
View Quote

You don't need the decocker model for that, the regular DA/SA models will do it.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 10:13:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Any of them are fine.  Buy one now and you'll probably buy the other later.

I'm a big fan of my Sao.  Still need to send it off to Cajun Gun Works.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 10:16:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Safety -- SAO

Link Posted: 12/18/2014 10:24:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

You don't need the decocker model for that, the regular DA/SA models will do it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oops, brain fart!  I was thinking of SAO pistols like 1911's.  I should know because I have a 75B and 75B Compact, as well as CZ-82's.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 10:26:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Decoker.  I can't reach the safety on a CZ75 without shifting my grip.  Not a problem with the decocker.

I have also never noticed the trigger difference in the safety and decocker models that some have posted.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 10:27:53 PM EDT
[#17]
I fucking hate decockers. (I'd go SAO if I got another 75. DA/SA currently)
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 10:32:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 11:47:05 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I don't believe there's a difference out of the box, the decocker triggers take more effort to make nice.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Decoker.  I can't reach the safety on a CZ75 without shifting my grip.  Not a problem with the decocker.

I have also never noticed the trigger difference in the safety and decocker models that some have posted.

I don't believe there's a difference out of the box, the decocker triggers take more effort to make nice.

Granted it is a very small sample size, but I have a cz75bd and a cz 75 compact.  The BD seems to have a lighter trigger, but it is a little bit sloppy.  In other words, even in SA mode, I can see the hammer creep back ever so slightly when I pull the trigger.

My 75 compact (which has a safety) trigger seems to be heavier, but it also feels crisper.  With that said it is my carry gun and I carry with the hammer at half cock anyways.  I do like how, like a 1911, the safety can't be actuated unless the hammer is cocked.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 1:14:26 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 10:05:22 AM EDT
[#21]
Ok, another question... For the SAO guys, what's the advantage there over a DA/SA cocked and locked?  Smoother trigger in SAO?

Honestly I've never used the DA feature other than dry firing but it would give a second strike without manually recocking.  Mine's a pre-b though and the trigger is fiiiiine.

Smaller, slipperier safety than the B models too, and I still have zero problems with it, hands like a 12 year old girl and all.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 10:17:58 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Exactly.
Which is why my CZ's have a decocker. In the event of a HD situation, I'm not the only one who may need to use it.
I want my wife to be able to grab the gun and "point and click".

As far as trigger's, either will be fine for carry/HD if you get CGW to polish it up for ya.

If you're used to safeties, get the safety model. If you're used to decockers, then get that. Simple really.

Oh, and as far as price, I think you're LGS is blowing smoke up your ass. Both guns have the same exact MSRP.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
All the people expressing their favor for the decocker model don't seem to know you can decock the safety model, but you can't put the decocker model on safe.  

Exactly.
Which is why my CZ's have a decocker. In the event of a HD situation, I'm not the only one who may need to use it.
I want my wife to be able to grab the gun and "point and click".

As far as trigger's, either will be fine for carry/HD if you get CGW to polish it up for ya.

If you're used to safeties, get the safety model. If you're used to decockers, then get that. Simple really.

Oh, and as far as price, I think you're LGS is blowing smoke up your ass. Both guns have the same exact MSRP.

You can not engage the safety while the gun is decocked so that is a non-issue.  The decocker model has no advantage over the safety model but does have several disadvantages.

Edit - I get the sense that many of the people posting in this thread have never used either version, but I guess this is the internet after all.  
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 10:29:21 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I like DA/SA for carry and decocking without a deckocker is a somewhat risky proposition. The only thumb safety gun I'll carry is a 1911 just because it's so easy and natural to use, I don't like safeties for carry on anything else, YMMV.
View Quote

No it's not.  There's a hammer stop.  Put your finger between hammer and gun, pull and release trigger, and then you can let the hammer drop just like on the decocker model.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 10:42:44 PM EDT
[#24]
Unless it's a 1911, I don't really want a safety on my pistols.  I have a decocker SP-01 and it suits me just fine.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 10:44:47 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
75B SA = thread
View Quote

This.  I love my SA 75B.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 10:44:56 PM EDT
[#26]
I have one with a normal safety and love it. Either way you will.

That said I believe this is a buy both situation, because that is my plan down the road
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 10:57:46 PM EDT
[#27]
I have this and I like it..for competition.

But I dont like safeties.

I rented a decocker model and liked it a lot.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 11:00:58 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

No it's not.  There's a hammer stop.  Put your finger between hammer and gun, pull and release trigger, and then you can let the hammer drop just like on the decocker model.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Still not as safe as a decocker.

The decocker models also decock to a half cocked state so the trigger is shorter and lighter than a non deocker model in DA.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 11:07:46 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 11:10:41 PM EDT
[#30]
I prefer CZ's to have de-cockers instead of safeties. Actually, the only pistol that I even like with a manual/switch safety is the 1911- that safety feels more natural to me than on other pistols.

I generally don't like the idea of having to consciously turn the safety off on a handgun. Just leave a CZ on half-cock when it's holstered and practice making the first shot off the draw be double-action. It has never affected my accuracy on my 9mm P-07 Duty in the least. If my pistol is going to have some sort of a safety then I'd prefer Glock or XD-style safety features that don't have to be consciously switched off.

Just my $.02, if you practice with safeties all the time then maybe it's not a big deal. Personal preference and all that.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 11:27:45 PM EDT
[#31]

Just get the CZC SP-01 Accushadow and stop dicking around...
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 5:42:24 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

The decocker models also decock to a half cocked state so the trigger is shorter and lighter than a non deocker model in DA.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So does the safety model.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 5:47:11 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I prefer CZ's to have de-cockers instead of safeties. Actually, the only pistol that I even like with a manual/switch safety is the 1911- that safety feels more natural to me than on other pistols.

I generally don't like the idea of having to consciously turn the safety off on a handgun. Just leave a CZ on half-cock when it's holstered and practice making the first shot off the draw be double-action. It has never affected my accuracy on my 9mm P-07 Duty in the least. If my pistol is going to have some sort of a safety then I'd prefer Glock or XD-style safety features that don't have to be consciously switched off.

Just my $.02, if you practice with safeties all the time then maybe it's not a big deal. Personal preference and all that.
View Quote

So much bad information in this thread.  Let me try one more time:

When the safety model is decocked to the half cocked position you can not engage the safety.  So, it works just like the decocker model in that mode.  However, when it is fully cocked you can put it on safe, unlike the decocker model.

Thus you can carry it decocked to the half-cocked state with a safety that you can not engage, or you can carry it cocked and locked.

I'm sure someone will be along shortly to tell us they prefer the decocker because they don't want to risk accidentally engaging the safety while decocked, or that they prefer the decocker because they don't want to have to carry cocked and locked.  
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 9:05:59 AM EDT
[#34]
Have both and like the decocker a little better.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top