Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 11:07:34 PM EDT
[#1]
I can appreciate some honesty.  I start getting angry when it just sits in one place with no updates for a while, and I start disliking UPS/FedEx/USPS more and more for every hour it doesn't move, and they don't tell me why... Or just post "your package has been delayed."

"Your package has been delayed.  An employee has developed a taste for packing peanuts and consumed half of your order.  Delivery will be rescheduled after we finish repacking your package."  This is what I need.  At least I can properly direct my anger (or in a case of something ridiculous like this.. Just laugh and say 'wtf, oh well') toward a single individual, rather than the company as a whole.  Not that it matters, I guess.

Hell, I'd even be more ok with "We're pretty busy lately, and Danny drives like a grandma.  It's gonna be a few days.  Sorry dude."
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 11:11:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
UPS accidentally teleported one of my packages across the country a few weeks back.  At least they know where your stuff is
View Quote

UPS getting your package to you on time this time of year "is like trying to hit a bullet with a smaller bullet whilst riding a horse".
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 11:13:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Your package has died of dysentery.

http://i.imgur.com/nqC3r.gif

View Quote

Link Posted: 12/18/2014 11:14:12 PM EDT
[#4]
add me to the list that has train derailment.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 11:27:55 PM EDT
[#5]
I worked as a box chucker for UPS in college.  We had a train derailment once at the height of Christmas season due to an avalanche in the Columbia Gorge.  They grabbed everyone they could, rented snowmobiles, and sent them out to transfer packages from the train to trucks.  Some of those people were "supervisors", so the union dipshits filed a grievance and got paid a bunch of money for work they didn't do because non-hourly people were handling packages, despite the fact that there were not nearly enough hourly people who could be diverted to do the work.  

tl;dr:  Fuck unions.

Link Posted: 12/18/2014 11:44:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 1:42:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I worked as a box chucker for UPS in college.  We had a train derailment once at the height of Christmas season due to an avalanche in the Columbia Gorge.  They grabbed everyone they could, rented snowmobiles, and sent them out to transfer packages from the train to trucks.  Some of those people were "supervisors", so the union dipshits filed a grievance and got paid a bunch of money for work they didn't do because non-hourly people were handling packages, despite the fact that there were not nearly enough hourly people who could be diverted to do the work.  

View Quote

What year was this?
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 1:44:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Whatcha order?

View Quote

tannerite.

Link Posted: 12/19/2014 2:00:38 AM EDT
[#9]
Hm, maybe my LCP that was supposed to show up yesterday is trapped in one of these transportation disasters
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 2:06:37 AM EDT
[#10]
Sorry.  I was squashing pennies for a jewelry project.  I feel pretty bad.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 2:35:07 AM EDT
[#11]
Partisans blew up the mail train. Better than Mexican bandits, I suppose.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 8:09:26 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
What year was this?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

What year was this?

I don't remember exactly - it would have been somewhere between 1994-1998.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top