Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 14
Posted: 12/17/2014 8:48:00 PM EDT

The Uniqueness of Christ

There has never been another person like Jesus Christ. All the New Testament underscores that, repeatedly stressing Jesus’ deity. But let me point to one passage in particular, written by the apostle Paul, which captures the essence of Jesus’ divine nature. These are the truths that make Christmas truly wonderful:

He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation. For by Him all things were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things have been created through Him and for Him. He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together. He is also head of the body, the church; and He is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, so that He Himself will come to have first place in everything. For it was the Father’s good pleasure for all the fullness to dwell in Him, and through Him to reconcile all things to Himself, having made peace through the blood of His cross; through Him, I say, whether things on earth or things in heaven. (Colossians 1:15-20)

The Rest Of The Story

Link Posted: 12/17/2014 8:49:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Just an FYI, these threads usually turn into gnashing of the teeth where the actual OP is long forgotten in favor of arguments over religion as a whole.  I think this would be a good post for the religion subforum.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 8:50:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Hope to see the light one day.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 8:53:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Excellent post to understand Christ!

He is not to be revered as an infant savior but that of a complete & whole Savior, wise in understanding & Holy in Sanctification.

Paul's works are things GD needs to have revealed to them.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 8:53:26 PM EDT
[#4]
AMEN.  GOD Bless you brother...
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 8:54:27 PM EDT
[#5]
19 "Whenever a woman has her menstrual period, she will be ceremonially unclean for seven days. If you touch her during that time, you will be defiled until evening. 20 Anything on which she lies or sits during that time will be defiled. 21 If you touch her bed, you must wash your clothes and bathe in water, and you will remain defiled until evening. 22 The same applies if you touch an object on which she sits, 23 whether it is her bedding or any piece of furniture. 24 If a man has sexual intercourse with her during this time, her menstrual impurity will be transmitted to him. He will remain defiled for seven days, and any bed on which he lies will be defiled." 25 "If the menstrual flow of blood continues for many days beyond the normal period, or if she discharges blood unrelated to her menstruation, the woman will be ceremonially unclean as long as the discharge continues. 26 Anything on which she lies or sits during that time will be defiled, just as it would be during her normal menstrual period. 27 If you touch her bed or anything on which she sits, you will be defiled. You will be required to wash your clothes and bathe in water, and you will remain defiled until evening." 28 "When the woman's menstrual discharge stops, she must count off a period of seven days. After that, she will be ceremonially clean. 29 On the eighth day, she must bring two turtledoves or two young pigeons and present them to the priest at the entrance of the Tabernacle. 30 The priest will offer one for a sin offering and the other for a whole burnt offering. In this way, the priest will make atonement for her before the LORD for her menstrual discharge." 31 "In this way, you will keep the people of Israel separate from things that will defile them, so they will not die as a result of defiling my Tabernacle that is right there among them. 32 These are the instructions for dealing with a man who has been defiled by a genital discharge or an emission of semen; 33 for dealing with a woman during her monthly menstrual period; for dealing with anyone, man or woman, who has had a bodily discharge of any kind; and for dealing with a man who has had intercourse with a woman during her period."
Leviticus 15:19-33
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 9:04:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just an FYI, these threads usually turn into gnashing of the teeth where the actual OP is long forgotten in favor of arguments over religion as a whole.  I think this would be a good post for the religion subforum.
View Quote

Ah...a little Sunday School is good for these fellers.

Besides, bashing Jesus at Christmas unites them with Liberals which reminds us all just a little of Christmas Miracles.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 9:07:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
19 "Whenever a woman has her menstrual period, she will be ceremonially unclean for seven days. If you touch her during that time, you will be defiled until evening. 20 Anything on which she lies or sits during that time will be defiled. 21 If you touch her bed, you must wash your clothes and bathe in water, and you will remain defiled until evening. 22 The same applies if you touch an object on which she sits, 23 whether it is her bedding or any piece of furniture. 24 If a man has sexual intercourse with her during this time, her menstrual impurity will be transmitted to him. He will remain defiled for seven days, and any bed on which he lies will be defiled." 25 "If the menstrual flow of blood continues for many days beyond the normal period, or if she discharges blood unrelated to her menstruation, the woman will be ceremonially unclean as long as the discharge continues. 26 Anything on which she lies or sits during that time will be defiled, just as it would be during her normal menstrual period. 27 If you touch her bed or anything on which she sits, you will be defiled. You will be required to wash your clothes and bathe in water, and you will remain defiled until evening." 28 "When the woman's menstrual discharge stops, she must count off a period of seven days. After that, she will be ceremonially clean. 29 On the eighth day, she must bring two turtledoves or two young pigeons and present them to the priest at the entrance of the Tabernacle. 30 The priest will offer one for a sin offering and the other for a whole burnt offering. In this way, the priest will make atonement for her before the LORD for her menstrual discharge." 31 "In this way, you will keep the people of Israel separate from things that will defile them, so they will not die as a result of defiling my Tabernacle that is right there among them. 32 These are the instructions for dealing with a man who has been defiled by a genital discharge or an emission of semen; 33 for dealing with a woman during her monthly menstrual period; for dealing with anyone, man or woman, who has had a bodily discharge of any kind; and for dealing with a man who has had intercourse with a woman during her period."
View Quote

Are you a Jew living in Pre-Christ Israel?

And now for the rest of the Story.

Luke 8

As Jesus went, the people pressed around him. 43And there was a woman who had had a discharge of blood for twelve years, and though she had spent all her living on physicians,e she could not be healed by anyone. 44She came up behind him and touched the fringe of his garment, and immediately her discharge of blood ceased. 45And Jesus said, “Who was it that touched me?” When all denied it, Peterf said, “Master, the crowds surround you and are pressing in on you!” 46But Jesus said, “Someone touched me, for I perceive that power has gone out from me.” 47And when the woman saw that she was not hidden, she came trembling, and falling down before him declared in the presence of all the people why she had touched him, and how she had been immediately healed. 48And he said to her, “Daughter, your faith has made you well; go in peace.”
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 9:10:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Allegedly.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 9:12:02 PM EDT
[#9]
So Jesus is also a god? Wouldn't that make Christianity a polytheistic religion?
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 9:15:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
So Jesus is also a god? Wouldn't that make Christianity a polytheistic religion?
View Quote

I think jesus and god are the same.

Father, son, and holy ghost. Or something like that
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 9:17:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Not "a" god, God. Read the book, it's fascinating stuff.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 9:17:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Demigod
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 9:17:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Agree.

There's a subset of Arfcommers that wait around just to act like jerks in threads like this.

Link Posted: 12/17/2014 9:18:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Allegedly.
View Quote

But because I tell the truth, you do not believe me - Jesus

John 8
39They answered him, “Abraham is our father.” Jesus said to them, “If you were Abraham’s children, you would be doing the works Abraham did, 40but now you seek to kill me, a man who has told you the truth that I heard from God. This is not what Abraham did. 41You are doing the works your father did.” They said to him, “We were not born of sexual immorality. We have one Father—even God.” 42Jesus said to them, “If God were your Father, you would love me, for I came from God and I am here. I came not of my own accord, but he sent me. 43Why do you not understand what I say? It is because you cannot bear to hear my word. 44You are of your father the devil, and your will is to do your father’s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks out of his own character, for he is a liar and the father of lies. 45But because I tell the truth, you do not believe me. 46Which one of you convicts me of sin? If I tell the truth, why do you not believe me? 47Whoever is of God hears the words of God. The reason why you do not hear them is that you are not of God.”
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 9:20:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

The Child who was God....audio format.

The Mighty God
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 9:20:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Like Oh My God
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 9:21:55 PM EDT
[#17]
The word of God made flesh. That to me is the most fascinating concept.

John 1:14

And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Link Posted: 12/17/2014 9:22:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Then why do they have different names?
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 9:22:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Luke 8

As Jesus went, the people pressed around him. 43And there was a woman who had had a discharge of blood for twelve years, and though she had spent all her living on physicians,e she could not be healed by anyone. 44She came up behind him and touched the fringe of his garment, and immediately her discharge of blood ceased. 45And Jesus said, “Who was it that touched me?” When all denied it, Peterf said, “Master, the crowds surround you and are pressing in on you!” 46But Jesus said, “Someone touched me, for I perceive that power has gone out from me.” 47And when the woman saw that she was not hidden, she came trembling, and falling down before him declared in the presence of all the people why she had touched him, and how she had been immediately healed. 48And he said to her, “Daughter, your faith has made you well; go in peace.”
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Luke 8

Good post T1NMAN!!  There are always those non-believers who want to pick and choose passages of the bible to fit their narrative.  Plus, they don't understand why Jesus made all those laws & rules in the old testament obsolete.  Seeing Christ for the first time is something I'm eagerly looking forward to one day.  "If I Can Only Imagine"
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 9:24:49 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's called the Trinity. It is hard to grasp, but then, if you believe in the Almighty God, then you know all is possible.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 9:25:15 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

No, Zuel was a god.

Jesus was a carpenter.

Link Posted: 12/17/2014 9:26:38 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because it doesnt have to make sense.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 9:26:44 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Agree.

There's a subset of Arfcommers that wait around just to act like jerks in threads like this.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agree.

For sure...it's the "I love Liberty but not the Biblically based Ethics it's built upon " crowd.
The irony is they hate Communism, Islam and Liberalism...go figure.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 9:28:14 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 9:28:38 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's kinda simply complicated.

The word God in Hebrew is "The One God who is plural".....

His universe-His rules.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 9:29:30 PM EDT
[#26]
My favorite Bible story is the one where God sends the two bears out of the woods to slaughter 42 kids because they made fun of a bald guy:

2 Kings 2:23-24: "And he went up from thence unto Bethel: and as he was going up by the way, there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head. And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the LORD. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them."

Link Posted: 12/17/2014 9:30:04 PM EDT
[#27]
I imagine there really was a Jesus, and did claim to be the messiah (as many in his day and after have done), and probably amassed the following we hear about during his life in the Bible. I suspect that when the Romans killed him, as they did many people who threatened their society with religious ideas they found wrong, his followers were a little distraught and wondering what to make of the son of the all-powerful and one and only God just being snuffed out.

It's not hard to imagine at all that in order to carry on what they thought he stood for, that the concept of his death being an atonement for man's sins, and a re-birth and spirit life beyond that sad demise were 1000x more palatable than him just being dead and gone.

So, 100 years later they started writing his story.

My version is just as valid and verifiable as the Biblical one, btw, if you're keeping score.

As this isn't the religion forum, that's my take on it all.

Link Posted: 12/17/2014 9:30:10 PM EDT
[#28]
Father, son, and holy ghost.
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 9:30:20 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
The word of God made flesh. That to me is the most fascinating concept.

John 1:14

And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

View Quote

The Son is Mighty God

For to us a child is born,
to us a son is given;
and the government shall be upon his shoulder,
and his name shall be called
Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. Isa 9
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 9:30:43 PM EDT
[#30]
Troll thread.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 9:30:56 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

His universe-His rules.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

His universe-His rules.

Seems like there's a bunch of deities in Christianity. There's Yaweh, the holy ghost, Jesus, Satan, and then all the saints who are demi-gods.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 9:32:34 PM EDT
[#32]
There is a direct relationship between God and man. No middle man (i.e. savior) is required.

Link Posted: 12/17/2014 9:33:47 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Hope to see the light one day.
View Quote

me too
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 9:34:28 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Luke 8

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Luke 8

Serious question, if the laws of the Old Testament don't apply to Christian's, why are they in the Christian Bible?
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 9:34:47 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
There is a direct relationship between God and man. No middle man (i.e. savior) is required.

View Quote

Then why did he supposedly send Jesus here?
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 9:34:51 PM EDT
[#36]
The Hindu gods are the most aesthetically pleasing. Kali, the one with all the arms, is even kind of hot.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 9:35:11 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

No, he just has split personality.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 9:37:19 PM EDT
[#38]
In on 1
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 9:37:49 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Seems like there's a bunch of deities in Christianity. There's Yaweh, the holy ghost, Jesus, Satan, and then all the saints who are demi-gods.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

His universe-His rules.

Are you just trolling or do you not really understand the Christian concept of a triune God? This is one of the defining concepts of Christianity and one of the reason why Unitarians are often not considered Christian.

Link Posted: 12/17/2014 9:39:22 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Are you just trolling or do you not really understand the Christian concept of a triune God? This is one of the defining concepts of Christianity and one of the reason why Unitarians are often not considered Christian.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

His universe-His rules.

I'm genuinely curious how you can consider it monotheistic when it's obviously polytheistic.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 9:40:06 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

No, Zuel was a god.

Jesus was a carpenter.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, Zuel was a god.

Jesus was a carpenter.

Who you will bow down to one day.  Keep that in mind as you live this very short life.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 9:40:14 PM EDT
[#42]
Posting Religious questions on

GD.

Prepare for GD answers.

Link Posted: 12/17/2014 9:40:24 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
My favorite Bible story is the one where God sends the two bears out of the woods to slaughter 42 kids because they made fun of a bald guy:

2 Kings 2:23-24: "And he went up from thence unto Bethel: and as he was going up by the way, there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head. And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the LORD. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them."

View Quote

Another story has a little boy who killing a Giant who also mocked God and his people.
Old Testament had a few cases where mocking God and his people had a much more swift outcome than we might see today.

Another one is the Flood.... where all land dwelling life on the Planet was wiped out.

Jesus was not born to suffer and Die.... because humanity is a nice group of people who simply needed another pithy guru.

Link Posted: 12/17/2014 9:42:00 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Field patch, the buggy guilt code wouldn't compile properly.

Link Posted: 12/17/2014 9:42:35 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Serious question, if the laws of the Old Testament don't apply to Christian's, why are they in the Christian Bible?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Luke 8

Because they are part of why Jesus was sent to Earth - to do away with the old law.

We aren't meant to live by the laws of the old testament.  Jesus Himself said so.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 9:42:37 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

His universe-His rules.

It's very simple, so simple a child could understand it

God the Father, God the Son and the Holy Spirit
Three distinct parts of the whole

Similar to an egg, where you have a shell, yoke and white. Three parts but one egg.

But none of this matters to you, now does it. You are just an unbeliever with
a closed mind.....LOL.......
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 9:43:12 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

I'm genuinely curious how you can consider it monotheistic when it's obviously polytheistic.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

His universe-His rules.

I assume you're using a general 'you' here as I am not Christian and I will point out that what you have said here is a claim many fundamentalist protestant Christians make against the Roman Catholic church.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 9:43:22 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

Wrong answer.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 9:43:31 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
In on 1
View Quote

Me 2.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 9:44:38 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Because they are part of why Jesus was sent to Earth - to do away with the old law.

We aren't meant to live by the laws of the old testament.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Luke 8

We aren't meant to live by the laws of the old testament.

And that's my question, if they aren't meant to apply to Christian's, why include them in the Christian Bible?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 14
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top