User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 9:00:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 9:01:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Some of you guys don't seem to realize Sony didn't cave. It was the chain movie theaters that did. Regal, AMC, etc. At this point if Sony had gone through with the release it would have been on like 100 screens instead of the usual 2000+ screens and they would have lost their ass. Instead of losing all of that money they are looking at alternative release methods. Who knows we might just see this end up on Netflix, Youtube, or another streaming service if one of them wants to step up and buy the picture.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
OK Sony, now you need to drop off $100 million to this location or we will attack your headquarters!

Pussy's, I have not seen a movie at a theater in 15 yrs, but I would have paid to go to this!

Fuk terrorist !!!

Some of you guys don't seem to realize Sony didn't cave. It was the chain movie theaters that did. Regal, AMC, etc. At this point if Sony had gone through with the release it would have been on like 100 screens instead of the usual 2000+ screens and they would have lost their ass. Instead of losing all of that money they are looking at alternative release methods. Who knows we might just see this end up on Netflix, Youtube, or another streaming service if one of them wants to step up and buy the picture.

If I were Sony would have projected it for free on the sides of Semis with an edit that shows fatass getting buttraped with his head on fire.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 9:01:16 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sony pulled it because the theaters wouldn't show it. The theaters wouldn't show it because of a threat of 9/11 style violence at the theaters.

It was a chain of business decisions that caused this. Sony are still the victims here, despite the fact that they're H'wood liberal shitbags.

ETA: Be ready for this to happen again, now that every scriptkiddie with a laptop knows that it will work.
Sony is a Japanese company.

Sony Pictures Entertainment Inc. (SPE) is the Americanentertainment subsidiary of Japanese multinational technology and media conglomerate Sony.
Do you know what the word in big red letters means?  It's not a separate company; that's just the name Sony uses to sell movies in the United States.

You're right. No money is made for the US at SPE.

No.

Nevermind.

You're wrong.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 9:03:29 PM EDT
[#4]
If I didn't know better I would think this was all a joke  from a paper like the Onuon or something. I read the article on Yahoo news earlier today and it seems like a joke. Even the quote from the people responsible seemed silly.....because they're talking about a silly comedy!  

It not even a documentary or,serious political movie.  It's like someone threatening the release of dumb and dumber or something. It's crazy. Does anyone know who did this or why?  

For those of you who say sony caved, I don't know what they could have done differently, I read the five biggest theater chains cancelled first, but Sony said they were still releasing it. If it's purely a financial decision, it's probably for the best.  If they release it on Christmas, most people wouldn't go, so they would waste it.  If they wait until this all blows over, they can probably use the bad publicity to their favor, like the saying, whatever it is, there is no bad publicity, or any publicity is good publicity.  

I don't like Seth rogan or really these silly comedies, so I'm not the target audience, but it hadn't heard of it until now, and now I'm going to look it up and see what it's about.  Probably a lot of people will.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 9:06:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Sony pulled it because the theaters wouldn't show it. The theaters wouldn't show it because of a threat of 9/11 style violence at the theaters.

It was a chain of business decisions that caused this. Sony are still the victims here, despite the fact that they're H'wood liberal shitbags.

ETA: Be ready for this to happen again, now that every scriptkiddie with a laptop knows that it will work.
View Quote

well, perhaps.. but they are the bungling doofuses who allowed it also.. if their networks are so open that the norks could literally just swoop on in and pretty much take everything without so much as a whimper, then people doing business with sony need to think good and hard before entering a credit card number.  Security, people... its not a game.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 9:07:56 PM EDT
[#6]
That's a good idea, could they offer it for free streaming and not have to pay to print all the dvd's or would they just risk exposing everyone to viruses?
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 9:11:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Bitches.
View Quote

Bukkake Bitches
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 9:12:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

well, perhaps.. but they are the bungling doofuses who allowed it also.. if their networks are so open that the norks could literally just swoop on in and pretty much take everything without so much as a whimper, then people doing business with sony need to think good and hard before entering a credit card number.  Security, people... its not a game.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't think you realize just how vulnerable corporate networks are, top to bottom.  The next couple of years are going to be a rocky road for everyone.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 9:12:44 PM EDT
[#9]
What a bunch of pussies, I was even willing to pay to see it. I guess I'll hope a torrent of it is eventually leaked instead.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 9:15:37 PM EDT
[#10]
I wasn't going to watch it anyway
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 9:16:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Just heard this as well. Question is, what will be done about it?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fox just said that Obama "plans" on accusing the Norks of hacking Sony tomorrow sometime.

Just heard this as well. Question is, what will be done about it?

Jong Un Kim has been unfriended on Facebook.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 9:27:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 9:39:40 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

I think Sony should make a very public press release,

say "You know we thought it over,  as of date ##/##/#### we will have a free dvd avail.  in every store.

and to these so called terrorist,  Fuck You."

Then throw down the mic. and walk off stage.

Hopefully they would have been smart enough to unplug their modems for a while.

FKJU
View Quote

That's the way I'd react, fuck 'em.

Link Posted: 12/17/2014 9:41:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 9:42:02 PM EDT
[#16]

Link Posted: 12/17/2014 9:48:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

Interesting take on it. Guess I could see it.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 9:59:15 PM EDT
[#18]
I guess we know what we need to do if they ever try to release The Notebook II.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 11:00:20 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 11:12:17 PM EDT
[#20]
Sony should offer the movie to Public Televisiom, CNN, MSNBC or any other station. Bet you'd find they all give in like the theaters....even FOX
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 11:42:16 PM EDT
[#21]
If Sony was clever, they'd ass-fuck the Norks by "being hacked" and letting it out as a torrent.

They're losing money anyway.  Perfect plausible deniability.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 11:44:37 PM EDT
[#22]
Wouldn't surprise me if this was due to marketing...  Maybe poor numbers projected for the movie so they came up with this idea to market the movie in a few months once it's no longer Christmas and it's released.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 11:47:30 PM EDT
[#23]
fsp
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 11:52:48 PM EDT
[#24]
Theatres and Sony are pussies.

Fuck NK
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 11:58:32 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Victim blaming. It's not just for democrats anymore.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 12:02:15 AM EDT
[#26]
Sony didn't care about our safety in a theater, the theaters baked out because Sony wasn't backing their own film, whatever NK found must be having Sony shooting bricks.  Guys what Sony..... NK is still going to fuck you over even though you pulled it.

Link Posted: 12/18/2014 12:03:32 AM EDT
[#27]
Some of you sound like you idolize Alex Jones.

If a movie is going to bomb, why would you get sued for millions instead of just releasing it? Why would you drop terrorist threats? If you get caught doing this your company is toast. All because of a movie?

Sorry. Sometimes the simplest answer is a pissed off boy leader.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 12:03:39 AM EDT
[#28]
They have some smart folks working for them.

Maybe they figured this situation would allow them to file insurance and recoup the costs or something.

Link Posted: 12/18/2014 12:07:32 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Sony didn't care about our safety in a theater, the theaters baked out because Sony wasn't backing their own film, whatever NK found must be having Sony shooting bricks.  Guys what Sony..... NK is still going to fuck you over even though you pulled it.

View Quote

Actually Sony was potentially open to astronomical lawsuits if they opened it and a theater got hit. They would have "ignored" the danger, and been negligent.

Turns out, the threats may not be idle.

This was an act of economic extortion against us by another sovereign nation. Wonder when Barack will start to normalize relations with them.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 12:07:46 AM EDT
[#30]
I'd put my middle finger in the air and offer it free to any network willing to air it at 8pm Christmas Day.

Fuck North Korea.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 12:09:35 AM EDT
[#31]
I personally think it had more to do with possible Credit /Debit Card Fraud that could have occurred by the hackers at the movie theatres. by canceling the movie, it was averted.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 12:15:16 AM EDT
[#32]
It's being spun as the Norks making the threats, and "Hacking from outside of North Korea", but really....how does 'Lil Kim gain from all this?

The Psycho bastard doesn't gain a dime. Sony gets fucked, but his precious little ego is protected by isolation and nobody, not a single NORK, would have ever seen the flick. Nork bashing isn't new, so why now?

Who would gain from increased tensions and an act of war/cyber terror against the west?

Who is against the wall, and getting ass raped by plummeting oil prices?

The NORKS no doubt have the desire to fuck over the west, but do they have the capability without the assistance of a more advanced state?

Like one who's currency is in freefall, and reeling from economic sanctions?

In short, where the hell is that fucker Ivan?

Link Posted: 12/18/2014 12:15:27 AM EDT
[#33]
Bullshit. We caved they won. Bullshit
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 12:21:48 AM EDT
[#34]
Cowards...all of them.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 12:27:20 AM EDT
[#35]
The whole thing was a CIA project to test, track, and analyze NK's computer hackers.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 12:30:24 AM EDT
[#36]
North Korea = Red Chna so........
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 12:39:55 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
North Korea = Red Chna so........
View Quote

300 Miles from Vladivostok
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 12:40:49 AM EDT
[#38]
I'd say F the North Korieans.   Show the movie.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 12:41:42 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

The whole thing was a CIA project to test, track, and analyze NK's computer hackers.
View Quote
The equivalent of nk hackers:

"Welcome. You've got mail!"

"We have hacked America's online! Success!"
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 12:47:28 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

It was probably going to suck anyway.
View Quote

Can't stand Seth Rogen and this movie looked retarded.

But after the terrorist attack that's by the Norks, I was thinking of seeing it. Just to give a big fuck you to the Norks.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 1:05:12 AM EDT
[#41]
Secretly, its Microsoft to increase Xbox One sales.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 1:06:58 AM EDT
[#42]
No duh that North Korea was behind this. If NK can do this to a huge corporation like Sony then our financial institutions, infrastructure and power grid are dangerously at risk too. This attack should be taken more seriously, it's an act of war IMHO and it won't be till after we experience a widespread and debilitating attack that anything will be done.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 1:14:19 AM EDT
[#43]
Cowards, letting those scumbag NORKS having their way.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 1:16:05 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

From who?
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 1:26:06 AM EDT
[#45]
http://youtu.be/ALYw9eJ_jf0  Kim Jong Un Death Scene (The Interview)
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 1:40:04 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
They couldn't have scripted a better PR campaign.

Look at all the phony buzz, the false demand now to see it, the utter viral marketing tsunami they haven't paid a dime for.

Fucking. Brilliant.
View Quote

You and me both brother, I lamented to a coworker the other day that this might be a p.r. coup that P.T. Barnum himself might be proud of.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 1:40:39 AM EDT
[#47]

Link Posted: 12/18/2014 2:08:40 AM EDT
[#48]
What a bunch of homos.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 2:15:58 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

There isn't a western nation in existence that is willing to actually respond to an act of war.  They'll use drones and volunteer special forces to rain shit down on small third world countries, they'll write sternly worded letters, and if they're really pushed by, say, Russia, they'll play economic fuck-fuck games from marble-floored back rooms in New York and Brussels.  But literally none of them are going to lift a finger over a legitimate casus belli because they simply are too scared and too pitiful to pay the price that it takes to grab a deserving motherfucker by the throat and break off a rusty cattle prod in the bastard's ass.

The only thing that would provoke a serious, legitimate response to an act of war would be a mushroom cloud over a major city, and it'd have to be one of the big ones, and only then because the populace would be screaming for revenge and painting themselves with the blood of sacrificial livestock in a frenzy of rage.  The leaders wouldn't give a shit and would poo-poo it with stern speeches and embargoes if they could.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This is an act of economic terrorism by a nation state.  It is an act of war.

There isn't a western nation in existence that is willing to actually respond to an act of war.  They'll use drones and volunteer special forces to rain shit down on small third world countries, they'll write sternly worded letters, and if they're really pushed by, say, Russia, they'll play economic fuck-fuck games from marble-floored back rooms in New York and Brussels.  But literally none of them are going to lift a finger over a legitimate casus belli because they simply are too scared and too pitiful to pay the price that it takes to grab a deserving motherfucker by the throat and break off a rusty cattle prod in the bastard's ass.

The only thing that would provoke a serious, legitimate response to an act of war would be a mushroom cloud over a major city, and it'd have to be one of the big ones, and only then because the populace would be screaming for revenge and painting themselves with the blood of sacrificial livestock in a frenzy of rage.  The leaders wouldn't give a shit and would poo-poo it with stern speeches and embargoes if they could.

Agreed.  And it's not just cowardice, but the current administration wants to tear the country apart, and this only helps.

Sony stands to lose $100 million plus over these leaks and killing this film.  It's an act of war!
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 2:19:19 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

This is an act of economic terrorism by a nation state.  It is an act of war.
View Quote

*cough* US imposed economic sanctions on Russia *cough*

I guess that means we've already declared war on the reds then...
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top