Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 7:25:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Let me guess. It was Disney because they want to make a Spiderman movie.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
They couldn't have scripted a better PR campaign.

Look at all the phony buzz, the false demand now to see it, the utter viral marketing tsunami they haven't paid a dime for.

Fucking. Brilliant.

Yyyyyyyyyep!

North Kolea didn't hack shit.

If anything good comes of this, it will be that Sony is forced to do a deal with Disney to allow Spider-Man into the MCU.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 7:25:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Confirmed:

Hackers were from NK.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 7:25:39 PM EDT
[#3]

Link Posted: 12/17/2014 7:25:59 PM EDT
[#4]
how long until another hacking group steals a copy and streams it online?
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 7:26:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Now I really want to see this movie.  If it weren't for the embarrassing emails I'd think this was a brilliant marketing scheme.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 7:26:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Are you fucking kidding me? That is absurd. That is beyond absurd.

This is reminiscent of when Comedy Central refused to show the Mohammed episode - rather, the censored the image of Mohammed and censored Kyle's speech - and to prove a point Matt and Trey finished the episode with Jesus shitting on the American flag which Comedy Central did not censor.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/17/2014 7:27:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
http://www.tmz.com/

Rob Lowe just blasted Sony, calling the movie company a spineless sellout and comparing it to the famous British Prime Minister who caved in to Hitler.

Lowe reacted to Sony's decision to pull "The Interview," saying, "Saw @Sethrogen at JFK. Both of us have never seen or heard of anything like this. Hollywood has done Neville Chamberlain proud today."
View Quote

Normal Rob Lowe, or scrawny arms/really hairy/creepy Rob Lowe?
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 7:27:34 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
If anything good comes of this, it will be that Sony is forced to do a deal with Disney to allow Spider-Man into the MCU.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Look at all the phony buzz, the false demand now to see it, the utter viral marketing tsunami they haven't paid a dime for.

Fucking. Brilliant.

Yyyyyyyyyep!

North Kolea didn't hack shit.

It would be nice, but they couldn't add him in to anything worthwhile. What are they going to do, dump Spiderman in to the already written scripts they have? It's too late now.

Link Posted: 12/17/2014 7:28:45 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Now I really want to see this movie.  If it weren't for the embarrassing emails I'd think this was a brilliant marketing scheme.
View Quote

Am I the only person that knows about the lawsuits that Sony has going against them over this?
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 7:29:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Weak

I wonder how many millions of dollars they wasted.
View Quote

that was my 1st thought as well

I would hate to be an investor in that venture

Link Posted: 12/17/2014 7:30:31 PM EDT
[#11]
I want to see this movie now
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 7:30:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Fucking. Brilliant.
View Quote

This!
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 7:33:42 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

This!
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Fucking. Brilliant.

This!

It's not really. Lawsuits filed against them over this = bad PR. Embarrassing emails leaked = bad PR. Not showing this movie when you said you were going to because of a unsubstantiated threat = bad PR.

The only good PR is that everyone is now talking about it. Too bad nobody is going to go and see it. (Hint: It has to do with it not being released)
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 7:42:26 PM EDT
[#14]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Are you fucking kidding me? That is absurd. That is beyond absurd.

This is reminiscent of when Comedy Central refused to show the Mohammed episode - rather, the censored the image of Mohammed and censored Kyle's speech - and to prove a point Matt and Trey finished the episode with Jesus shitting on the American flag which Comedy Central did not censor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DX5MTFWSuM8

That's it!

The terrorists have won.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 7:43:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Simple solution...couple of well placed bunker bombs on 12/24, release movie 12/25.
Just to show we don't fuck around...pussy cowards.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 7:44:16 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

That's it!

The terrorists have won.
View Quote

The terrorists won a long time ago
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 7:45:15 PM EDT
[#17]
FBI has officially tied the hackers to NORK
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 7:45:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Fucking. Brilliant.
View Quote

Agreed. It would have been a superb marketing scheme that would have been right up the alley of Seth Rogen, et al. If Sony hadn't taken a significant hit over this and there wasn't other damages done I'd seriously have to question the validity of the hack.

The question is can they figure out a way to capitalize on it now? I know they have my money for it when they do even though I had no intention of paying to see it before. Fuck NK.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 7:47:39 PM EDT
[#19]
Really??? We're caving to the tiny little DICK-tater's POS kid in a backwoods, nothing of an early 19th century marooned country???  

Link Posted: 12/17/2014 7:54:20 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Fucking cowards.
View Quote

This.  Idiots opened a floodgate that they will not enjoy trying to swim in.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 7:54:44 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Fox just said that Obama "plans" on accusing the Norks of hacking Sony tomorrow sometime.
View Quote

Of course.

Obozo solution to everything,  ignore until the last possable moment, then offer part of a speech, at a fund raiser, with strong verbal language against the perpetrator.

It works every time, as FBHO said and wants, "Thats who we are as Americans."
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 7:56:37 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Rob Lowe just blasted Sony, calling the movie company a spineless sellout and comparing it to the famous British Prime Minister who caved in to Hitler.

Lowe reacted to Sony's decision to pull "The Interview," saying, "Saw @Sethrogen at JFK. Both of us have never seen or heard of anything like this. Hollywood has done Neville Chamberlain proud today."

Any Rob Lowe is Awesome Rob Lowe.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 7:59:30 PM EDT
[#23]
OK Sony, now you need to drop off $100 million to this location or we will attack your headquarters!

Pussy's, I have not seen a movie at a theater in 15 yrs, but I would have paid to go to this!

Fuk terrorist !!!
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 8:00:24 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Best scene ever...

Link Posted: 12/17/2014 8:00:49 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
It was probably going to suck anyway.
View Quote

This.

I hated seeing the preview in the Theater.
It looked So Bad...

[Start Peanut Gallery]
....How Bad Was it????
[/ Peanut Gallery]

...It was so bad it almost made President Obungler look good.   Almost.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 8:02:03 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

There must have been something really damaging hidden in those emails.
View Quote

Bingo! They are being blackmailed by the Norks. Fuck them both.

Link Posted: 12/17/2014 8:03:50 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
What the fuck is Sony afraid of?
View Quote

Becoming fish food

Link Posted: 12/17/2014 8:07:54 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 8:09:03 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
OK Sony, now you need to drop off $100 million to this location or we will attack your headquarters!

Pussy's, I have not seen a movie at a theater in 15 yrs, but I would have paid to go to this!

Fuk terrorist !!!
View Quote

Some of you guys don't seem to realize Sony didn't cave. It was the chain movie theaters that did. Regal, AMC, etc. At this point if Sony had gone through with the release it would have been on like 100 screens instead of the usual 2000+ screens and they would have lost their ass. Instead of losing all of that money they are looking at alternative release methods. Who knows we might just see this end up on Netflix, Youtube, or another streaming service if one of them wants to step up and buy the picture.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 8:10:35 PM EDT
[#30]
Sony could have made it up to generate publicity for a shitty film.

Just sayin.  

It's not like they haven't been caught playing dirty pool before.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 8:12:42 PM EDT
[#31]
pussies
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 8:14:50 PM EDT
[#32]
North Korea needs a boot up the ass, deep up the ass.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 8:18:20 PM EDT
[#33]
I must be living under a rock because I have no idea what is happening here. What hacking? What happened?
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 8:19:59 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I must be living under a rock because I have no idea what is happening here. What hacking? What happened?
View Quote

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1696359_Why_is_the_Sony_Entertainment_hack_such_a_big_deal_.html
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 8:21:29 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

View Quote

North Korea hacked Sony because Sony is releasing a comedy about assassinating Kim Jong Un. Yesterday they said they were going to make 9/11 like attacks on theaters that showed the movie. Theaters backed out. Sony canceled the release of the movie.

Sony has multiple law suits because of leaked information that should never be leaked. They also look like assholes from the private emails that were leaked.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 8:25:06 PM EDT
[#36]
This is an act of economic terrorism by a nation state.  It is an act of war.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 8:26:21 PM EDT
[#37]
Marketing genius!

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 8:35:54 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Sony pulled it because the theaters wouldn't show it. The theaters wouldn't show it because of a threat of 9/11 style violence at the theaters.

It was a chain of business decisions that caused this. Sony are still the victims here, despite the fact that they're H'wood liberal shitbags.

ETA: Be ready for this to happen again, now that every scriptkiddie with a laptop knows that it will work.
View Quote
Sony is a Japanese company.

Link Posted: 12/17/2014 8:36:57 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Fucking. Brilliant.
View Quote

How sad is it that I can no longer tell the difference between a legitimate capitulation to fake terrorists and a crass attempt to increase viewership?
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 8:36:58 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Sony pulled it because the theaters wouldn't show it. The theaters wouldn't show it because of a threat of 9/11 style violence at the theaters.

It was a chain of business decisions that caused this. Sony are still the victims here, despite the fact that they're H'wood liberal shitbags.

ETA: Be ready for this to happen again, now that every scriptkiddie with a laptop knows that it will work.

Sony Pictures Entertainment Inc. (SPE) is the Americanentertainment subsidiary of Japanese multinational technology and media conglomerate Sony.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 8:41:45 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
cowards !!!!
View Quote

PUSSY COWARDS!
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 8:44:02 PM EDT
[#42]
We could mobilize our air assets. B2's and f117's and f22 raptors and arm them with bunker busting bombs( or tactical nukes) and destroy north Koreas ballistic missile system in a 10 minute window. Then call in three Nimitz battle groups and bomb the living piss out of them for 90 days straight. I'm talking missile boats and Los Angeles class ssns with tomahawk cruise missiles, f15s and 22's from Japan and south Korea. Use our MLRS trucks to light them up like a Christmas tree. I would fly I. 70 b52s and level the whole place if I was pres right now. Scorched earth littrrally
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 8:44:04 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sony Pictures Entertainment Inc. (SPE) is the Americanentertainment subsidiary of Japanese multinational technology and media conglomerate Sony.
Do you know what the word in big red letters means?  It's not a separate company; that's just the name Sony uses to sell movies in the United States.

Link Posted: 12/17/2014 8:47:00 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

There isn't a western nation in existence that is willing to actually respond to an act of war.  They'll use drones and volunteer special forces to rain shit down on small third world countries, they'll write sternly worded letters, and if they're really pushed by, say, Russia, they'll play economic fuck-fuck games from marble-floored back rooms in New York and Brussels.  But literally none of them are going to lift a finger over a legitimate casus belli because they simply are too scared and too pitiful to pay the price that it takes to grab a deserving motherfucker by the throat and break off a rusty cattle prod in the bastard's ass.

The only thing that would provoke a serious, legitimate response to an act of war would be a mushroom cloud over a major city, and it'd have to be one of the big ones, and only then because the populace would be screaming for revenge and painting themselves with the blood of sacrificial livestock in a frenzy of rage.  The leaders wouldn't give a shit and would poo-poo it with stern speeches and embargoes if they could.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 8:48:08 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Kind of reminds me of Syria in that a bunch of people are getting hurt and I dislike most of them.

I wonder if this might set some sort of precedent for how to get Hollywood and other industries to dance to the tune of what ever group can make a somewhat credible threat?
View Quote

We've become a nation of soft, wet pussies. Plain and simple.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 8:51:13 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

View Quote
North Korea has been one of the largest counterfeiters of US currency for a long time now.

Link Posted: 12/17/2014 8:53:10 PM EDT
[#47]
I bet universal is wishing they got hit.  
This would be a great run up to releasing Blackhat.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 8:53:45 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
There isn't a western nation in existence that is willing to actually respond to an act of war.  They'll use drones and volunteer special forces to rain shit down on small third world countries, they'll write sternly worded letters, and if they're really pushed by, say, Russia, they'll play economic fuck-fuck games from marble-floored back rooms in New York and Brussels.  But literally none of them are going to lift a finger over a legitimate casus belli because they simply are too scared and too pitiful to pay the price that it takes to grab a deserving motherfucker by the throat and break off a rusty cattle prod in the bastard's ass.

The only thing that would provoke a serious, legitimate response to an act of war would be a mushroom cloud over a major city, and it'd have to be one of the big ones, and only then because the populace would be screaming for revenge and painting themselves with the blood of sacrificial livestock in a frenzy of rage.  The leaders wouldn't give a shit and would poo-poo it with stern speeches and embargoes if they could.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

People were saying the same sort of thing right before WWI.

Link Posted: 12/17/2014 8:57:37 PM EDT
[#49]
Wow

Look how pussyfied this country has gotten. A company cancelled a comedy just because some fat little Korean fuck was going to get his feelings hurt. We have movies about everything else and are far worse than this. but nooooooo we can't make fun of the north Koreans. North Korean penis very big, american penis very small (it's from south park, Google it)

Its pathetic as hell

Link Posted: 12/17/2014 8:57:42 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Just heard this as well. Question is, what will be done about it?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fox just said that Obama "plans" on accusing the Norks of hacking Sony tomorrow sometime.

Just heard this as well. Question is, what will be done about it?

SonyTeam 6 will go fuck some shit up
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top