with pepper spray early Wednesday after a fight broke out at Cross
Creek Mall.

View Quote

The fight happened around 4:15 a.m. after a crowd
gathered at a mall entrance between Sears and JCPenney to wait for the
sale of a popular brand of basketball shoes
at Finish Line.

The officer, whose name was not released,
was working in an off-duty capacity when he saw the fight, police said.
He got a can of pepper spray from the trunk of his vehicle and used it
on the crowd.

http://www.wral.com/off-duty-fayetteville-officer-pepper-sprays-crowd-fighting-outside-mall/14288053/

Link Posted: 12/17/2014 5:02:31 PM EDT
[#1]
So

Good peppering

They should feel grateful they weren't shot.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 5:02:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Good spray. The people will no doubt bitch, if he would have shot someone they would riot.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 5:03:48 PM EDT
[#3]
There still a Sears around?
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 5:05:09 PM EDT
[#4]
No video.     I admit to having some built-up tension and would enjoy seeing it.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 5:05:26 PM EDT
[#5]

Over a goddamn pair of sneakers. Fucking animals.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 5:07:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

That's pretty much Fayetteville fer ya
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 5:08:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Title...whats a didnu?
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 5:08:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 5:08:54 PM EDT
[#9]
In before the typical GD cop-bash fest by a few that is soon to follow.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 5:09:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Another link with more details

http://www.fayobserver.com/news/local/pepper-spray-used-on-crowd-of-shoppers-at-cross-creek/article_b476fb95-e7c1-5665-b7bc-53550b56cf82.html

An estimated 400 people had gathered outside the mall entrance
between Sear's and JCPenney, waiting to buy the newest release of Nike's
Air Jordan basketball shoes, police said.

The officer, who has not been identified, was
working off-duty as a security officer for the mall, Medlock said. Two
off-duty Cumberland County Sheriff's Office deputies, also working
security, were inside the mall, he said.

About 6 a.m., between 75 and 100 people rushed the door.

"They ran up to the door and the officer was outside," Medlock said.

The officer, who was in uniform and driving his
patrol car, got a pepper spray canister from the cruiser's trunk and
deployed it into the crowd, the chief said. The canister was about the
size of a fire extinguisher.

View Quote

That's one big can of pepper spray

Link Posted: 12/17/2014 5:10:37 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Title...whats a didnu?
View Quote

reference to "my baby didn't do nothing"

Link Posted: 12/17/2014 5:11:13 PM EDT
[#12]
By waiting for a SALE I am sure that is code for prepping for looting.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 5:11:56 PM EDT
[#13]
I live just down the road.  That mall can get sketch.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 5:12:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Title...whats a didnu?

Better read again bro. Yeah thats a DINDU not DIDNU!
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 5:14:38 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Title...whats a didnu?

good catch, will fix title

Link Posted: 12/17/2014 5:16:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Title...whats a didnu?

Exactly. As in "Mah unruly mob dindu nuffin!"
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 5:17:45 PM EDT
[#17]
Yeah..... I say good spray.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 5:18:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Title...whats a didnu?

OK. you guys ain't reading. He didn't spell it right.

DIDNU
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 5:20:03 PM EDT
[#19]
View All Quotes
Quoted:

http://www.fayobserver.com/news/local/pepper-spray-used-on-crowd-of-shoppers-at-cross-creek/article_b476fb95-e7c1-5665-b7bc-53550b56cf82.html

An estimated 400 people had gathered outside the mall entrance between Sear's and JCPenney, waiting to buy the newest release of Nike's Air Jordan basketball shoes, police said.

The officer, who has not been identified, was working off-duty as a security officer for the mall, Medlock said. Two off-duty Cumberland County Sheriff's Office deputies, also working security, were inside the mall, he said.

The officer, who was in uniform and driving his patrol car, got a pepper spray canister from the cruiser's trunk and deployed it into the crowd, the chief said. The canister was about the size of a fire extinguisher.

No kidding! I want one!

Mostly in case I ever run across someone on fire, I can tell someone "Go get that extinguisher out of my car!" and then watch the hilarity ensue.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 5:20:53 PM EDT
[#20]
They can't breathe!
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 6:03:40 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 6:38:11 PM EDT
[#22]
View All Quotes
Quoted:

An estimated 400 people had gathered outside the mall entrance between Sear's and JCPenney, waiting to buy the newest release of Nike's Air Jordan basketball shoes, police said.

The officer, who has not been identified, was working off-duty as a security officer for the mall, Medlock said. Two off-duty Cumberland County Sheriff's Office deputies, also working security, were inside the mall, he said.

The officer, who was in uniform and driving his patrol car, got a pepper spray canister from the cruiser's trunk and deployed it into the crowd, the chief said. The canister was about the size of a fire extinguisher.

Party bottle  
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 6:42:29 PM EDT
[#23]
Animals will be animals. . They do love the fancy sneakers. ..
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 6:47:16 PM EDT
[#24]
Where can I buy pepper spray in that size?
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 6:47:20 PM EDT
[#25]
View All Quotes
Quoted:

That's what we used at the jail
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 6:49:20 PM EDT
[#26]
I don't understand the fanatical fascination with apparel, like sneakers.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 6:50:41 PM EDT
[#27]
WHAT DO WE WANT????  JUSTICE!!!!  WHEN DO WE WANT IT?????  JORDANS!!!!!!
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 7:00:59 PM EDT
[#28]
...why is this news????
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 7:01:21 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Where can I buy pepper spray in that size?
View Quote

http://www.officerstore.com/store/product.aspx/productId/19596/Sabre-MK-60-Formula-High-Volume-Stream-Delivery/

Link Posted: 12/17/2014 7:10:47 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

Dont be so judgmental.   It is a rich and diverse culture.   Check your privilege.

Meanwhile I grew up wearing nothing but chuck taylor all stars be it high or low top.    My parents got off super cheap.   20-30 bucks twice a year for shoes and I was happy.

Bullshit misplaced priorities where the poverty class is running around in 100dollar plus shoes is idiotic.

To be dumbfounded is not racist and simply illustrates the point as to why poverty exists amongst the stupid regardless of skin color.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 7:12:10 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
They can't breathe!
View Quote

Nailed it.

Winner.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 7:14:20 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Dont be so judgmental.   It is a rich and diverse culture.   Check your privilege.

Meanwhile I grew up wearing nothing but chuck taylor all stars be it high or low top.    My parents got off super cheap.   20-30 bucks twice a year for shoes and I was happy.

Bullshit misplaced priorities where the poverty class is running around in 100dollar plus shoes is idiotic.

To be dumbfounded is not racist and simply illustrates the point as to why poverty exists amongst the stupid regardless of skin color.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They will drop $200 on Jordan's but their kids either go hungry or get fed junk food crap. Not to mention dropping $200 on Jordan's but sucking the govt tit for welfare.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 7:14:57 PM EDT
[#33]
It was worth a look to see what a dindu was. Guess they headed back to the Merc after that.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 7:34:22 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

Not trying to brag, but I finally reached a 6 figure salary but I still buy my clothes at Walmart and Target, and usually from the clearance rack.  I can't fathom paying the kind of money these people spend on clothes.  I have 1 nice pair of boots and that's it.  And even then I debated for over a month before getting them.  
My most expensive shirt or pants didn't cost more than $20.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 7:43:48 PM EDT
[#36]
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Needed More - Maybe Back Pack-able Unit??

Link Posted: 12/17/2014 7:46:42 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

They will drop $200 on Jordan's but their kids either go hungry or get fed junk food crap. Not to mention dropping $200 on Jordan's but sucking the govt tit for welfare.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How many are on free school lunches or food E.B.T cards, yet they can find several hundred dollars to drop on designer kids sport shoes and big ass rims....

Misplaced priorities indeed!!

Link Posted: 12/17/2014 7:48:44 PM EDT
[#38]
A local mall did this a few years ago. They had maybe a dozen pair of the shoes and about 400 ghetto goblins lined up.

There was pushing and shoving and fights broke out. They were pushing so hard on the doors and windows the large panes of glass were bowing.

When the doors opened they all pushed and rushed in trampling one another, knocking each other down etc. acting like complete animals, over fucking athletic shoes.

Then there were the robberies in the parking lot where someone would steal the shoes from someone that was walking out.

I don't think they done one since.

Eta - they opened the doors at something like 6am. I didn't know that trash was able to get up the early.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 7:48:48 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

don't you mean fayettenam ???
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 7:51:39 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Not trying to brag, but I finally reached a 6 figure salary but I still buy my clothes at Walmart and Target, and usually from the clearance rack.  I can't fathom paying the kind of money these people spend on clothes.  I have 1 nice pair of boots and that's it.  And even then I debated for over a month before getting them.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah I wear the $15 Wrangler jeans & plain $5 Fruit-of-the-Loom gray t-shirts from Walmart when not at work. My shoes are quality but not outrageous morphed-looking silliness like Jordans.  I don't get the hype and Nike shoes always seem narrow to me. I prefer NB or Asics.

But hey it's a free country.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 7:53:56 PM EDT
[#41]

also between 4-6 am, wow, great no one had to miss work to get their new sneakers...

Quoted:
No video.     I admit to having some built-up tension and would enjoy seeing it.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/17/2014 7:54:54 PM EDT
[#42]
Fayettenam

I don't miss that place.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 8:09:58 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Fayettenam

I don't miss that place.
View Quote

Friend of mine was stationed there way back in the mid 90's said it was... exciting.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 8:21:47 PM EDT
[#44]
Gotta love a properly seasoned dindu!
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 8:23:38 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 8:29:33 PM EDT
[#46]
Of course it would be over basketball shoes. You werent expecting them to fight over work boots were you?
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 8:32:23 PM EDT
[#47]
Bad spray...

Should have let them fight it out. If we were lucky, maybe a few would have ended up shooting eachother. Sometimes you just gotta let things work themselves out.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 8:32:29 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 8:33:47 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 8:33:57 PM EDT
[#50]
Did they have their hands up?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top