Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 12/17/2014 12:25:27 PM EDT
Fake police officers invade home, shoot resident in the head
by KTRK – Houston
A man is in critical condition after a group of men broke into his apartment, yelled 'police' and then shot him in the head

http://abc13.com/news/fake-cops-invade-apartment-shoot-resident/439899/

Edit:  Fixed source and link
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 12:26:43 PM EDT
[#1]
What's a guy to do?
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 12:26:49 PM EDT
[#2]
I would think that would be like first-day kinda shit in Home Invasion 101....
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 12:28:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What's a guy to do?
View Quote

Shoot and go to prison.
Don't shoot and die.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 12:28:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Fake police officers invade home, shoot resident in the head
by KTRK – Houston
A man is in critical condition after a group of men broke into his apartment, yelled 'police' and then shot him in the head

http://news.yahoo.com/video/yahoo-news-special-report-peshawarattack-214022433.html
View Quote

http://news.yahoo.com/video/yahoo-news-special-report-peshawarattack-214022433.html

This is not the video you're looking for, OP.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 12:35:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
What's a guy to do?
View Quote

I have no reason to believe that the police would kick down my door and come in my house uninvited.  I don't do drugs, don't deal drugs, and avoid other illegal activity.  So if someone kicks in my door my assumption will be that they are criminals intent on harming my family and I will respond accordingly.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 12:38:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I have no reason to believe that the police would kick down my door and come in my house uninvited.  I don't do drugs, don't deal drugs, and avoid other illegal activity.  So if someone kicks in my door my assumption will be that they are criminals intent on harming my family and I will respond accordingly.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What's a guy to do?

Keep thinking that. Police fuck up no knock raids every week in america. If you shoot a LEO who fucked up on reading addresses or a CO pointed you out to get special favors, you just as fucked.

Link Posted: 12/17/2014 12:40:48 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

What's a guy to do?

I believe that to be an increasingly unrealistic perspective.

Link Posted: 12/17/2014 12:40:51 PM EDT
[#8]
One of my worst fears.  
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 12:44:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What's a guy to do?

This exactly. I agree, someone kicks my door in hollering police and I cannot identify them they could very well still get a face full of lead.  We had the same thing going on in Delaware a few years ago.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 12:46:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Very common home invasion tactic in Houston
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 12:47:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What's a guy to do?

With hundreds of thousands of laws, and regulations on the books, odds are you're committing at least one felony right now.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 12:47:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Should pass a law to make it illegal to impersonate an officer...
Works as well as gun laws.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 12:47:46 PM EDT
[#13]
I think a lot of people on here are thinking the same thing (about reacting to these circumstances), but we shouldn't post it b/c if it comes to that, you don't want your arfcom posts discovered by the prosecutor.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 12:49:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What's a guy to do?

Yeah because police NEVER get the wrong address and shoot innocent people. You must live in an alternate reality.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 12:49:26 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

What's a guy to do?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=naivety

Link Posted: 12/17/2014 12:50:03 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

I think a lot of people on here are thinking the same thing (about reacting to these circumstances), but we shouldn't post it b/c if it comes to that, you don't want your arfcom posts discovered by the prosecutor.
View Quote
Well said....

Link Posted: 12/17/2014 12:51:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Anyone coming into my home, without permission, is running into a hail of gunfire.

You can yell whatever the fuck you want.

It won't make any difference.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 12:51:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 12:51:18 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What's a guy to do?

Sincerely "avoiding illegal activity" requires expensive lawyers. The average middle class American probably cant afford due diligence, or even a cursory 1k/mo retainer to keep up.

But it sounds better in court than an honest "I shoot men attacking my house," because that way leads to being tarred as a gold-fringed-flag nut.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 12:51:26 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Keep thinking that. Police fuck up no knock raids every week in america. If you shoot a LEO who fucked up on reading addresses or a CO pointed you out to get special favors, you just as fucked.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
What's a guy to do?

And when it's proven that the police fouled-up, I'm still in the right.  Yes, I may be screwed on a legal technicality or a police vendetta, but that is still preferable to leaving my family at the mercy of home invading thugs.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 12:52:33 PM EDT
[#21]
Private Property is Private Property
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 12:53:04 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Yeah because police NEVER get the wrong address and shoot innocent people. You must live in an alternate reality.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
What's a guy to do?

Nope.  I just recognize that if the police screw up, that's on them.  There is no reason for police to come kicking in my door.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 12:54:37 PM EDT
[#23]
So what happens if you get into a gunfight/standoff with the police conducting s botched no knock?
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 12:55:28 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 12/17/2014 12:55:30 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
One of my worst fears.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
One of my worst fears.  

Mine also. I have had cops within the last year knock on my door mistakenly because some addresses/street names are not clearly marked in this neighborhood.

Combine that with what an earlier poster said (which I think is an obvious default position) :

I have no reason to believe that the police would kick down my door and come in my house uninvited. I don't do drugs, don't deal drugs, and avoid other illegal activity. So if someone kicks in my door my assumption will be that they are criminals intent on harming my family and I will respond accordingly.

These two things together have the makings for a very bad day.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 12:56:13 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Sincerely "avoiding illegal activity" requires expensive lawyers. The average middle class American probably cant afford due diligence, or even a cursory 1k/mo retainer to keep up.

But it sounds better in court than an honest "I shoot men attacking my house," because that way leads to being tarred as a gold-fringed-flag nut.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What's a guy to do?

It's okay, it has finally been explicitly codified that only we have to know every law and that cops don't.

Expect more of both sorts of criminality to become the norm.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1696845_Supreme_Court__cop_s_ignorance_of_the_law_does_not_invalidate_search_resulting_from_BS_stop.html

Link Posted: 12/17/2014 12:56:29 PM EDT
[#27]
Yikes
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 12:57:03 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Shoot and go to prison. and die in a hail of lead if it is in fact the police
Don't shoot and die.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What's a guy to do?

Shoot and go to prison. and die in a hail of lead if it is in fact the police
Don't shoot and die.

Link Posted: 12/17/2014 12:57:11 PM EDT
[#29]
Dude needs a better door and a better alarm and surveillance system. If you realize there is a problem when the bad guys are in the hall, then you have already failed.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 12:58:02 PM EDT
[#30]
Reminds me of this Story

Messed up situation to be in, but this guy didn't get indicted and he was a drug dealer! Cops have a shit job sometimes and I feel for them, however anyone kicking down my door criminal or cop should be very concerned with what comes next, especially from a law abiding citizen thinking someone just kicked in thier door to hurt/harm thier families!
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 12:59:06 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Shoot and go to prison.
Don't shoot and die.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What's a guy to do?

Shoot and go to prison.
Don't shoot and die.

THIS......is the problem with our legal system.  Laws protect the criminal
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 1:01:51 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What's a guy to do?

Pretty much this.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 1:02:01 PM EDT
[#33]
Unless i see a shitload of blue lights flashing in my front yard, I am inclined to disbelieve them.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 1:05:25 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What's a guy to do?

+1
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 1:06:46 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Unless i see a shitload of blue lights flashing in my front yard, I am inclined to disbelieve them.
View Quote

I don't know the protocol of no-knock raids, but I'd be willing to bet that the cops want the element of surprise and probably don't come screaming down your street lights and sirens blaring.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 1:08:23 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/17/2014 1:08:34 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 1:09:44 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Nope.  I just recognize that if the police screw up, that's on them.  There is no reason for police to come kicking in my door.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
What's a guy to do?

Exactly
so I am fucked either way, therefore, I am shooting either way
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 1:10:21 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I would think that would be like first-day kinda shit in Home Invasion 101....
View Quote

That, and buy a bunch of cheap airsoft gear off ebay from the proceeds of your first score.

I have the same gear as some of our LEOs sitting in the closet. Get some POLICE or SHERIFF patches and you couldn't tell the difference at o'dark thirty. How do you respond to that? I just pray that if I'm ever involved in a raid they park an MRAP in the drive and give me a call first.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 1:10:24 PM EDT
[#40]
My stance has nothing to do with any desire to hurt law enforcement officers.  I have a neighbor who's part of the sheriff's dept. and a friend who's an officer in the next town over.  I would hate for either of them to be harmed.  I'm just pointing out that if my door gets kicked in, I have no reason to believe that it's the police.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 1:11:01 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And that would indeed be a helpful indicator.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 1:11:27 PM EDT
[#42]
Rather by judged by 12 then carried by 6 and all that.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 1:12:01 PM EDT
[#43]
No-knock raids for "investigative" purposes need to go away right fucking now.  If somebody is being held hostage, on fire, or otherwise about to die, by all means ram the door and do what you gotta do.  But to perform a search?  Fuck that shit... just begging for people (on either side of the badge) to get hurt.

Felony-level stupid.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 1:12:43 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Anyone coming into my home, without permission, is running into a hail of gunfire.

View Quote

Pretty much this. I have at least one gun in every room of the house.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 1:14:28 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
What's a guy to do?
View Quote

How about apply some common sense and not believe the guys in "black hoodies and white bandannas".
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 1:17:45 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

How about apply some common sense and not believe the guys in "black hoodies and white bandannas".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What's a guy to do?

Its dark.  
Typical
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 1:18:43 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What's a guy to do?

This is where Common sense should take us but there is none of it left in the current system.  I would shoot and hope I was not shooting a retarded cop!

Link Posted: 12/17/2014 1:19:24 PM EDT
[#48]
They better yell more than "police" if they don't want to get some. "Police, Search Warrant!" might help and the better be wearing all their tac gear. Besides, don't they have bullet proof vest?
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 1:20:21 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Shoot and go to prison.
Don't shoot and die.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What's a guy to do?

Shoot and go to prison.
Don't shoot and die.

Not a commentary on the guy that got shot, but if you know you haven't broken the law and shoot a cop who hit the wrong house you may not go to prison. It will definitely fuck your life up though.  I'll take fucked life over dead family.  There's certainly not a good outcome no matter what.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 1:22:47 PM EDT
[#50]
what? no flash bangs?

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top