Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 12:35:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Dish pissed me off the other day.  I wanted a new receiver and apparently all they offer now is the hopper?  So I have to pay more to get the hopper and the little fucking boxes instead of just a new 722k.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 12:38:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Does anybody watch the news anymore, let alone Fox News?
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 12:43:52 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

Yup.
Fox News and Fox Business on at my place almost all day long....

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 12:48:02 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Dish pissed me off the other day.  I wanted a new receiver and apparently all they offer now is the hopper?  So I have to pay more to get the hopper and the little fucking boxes instead of just a new 722k.
View Quote
I got a new 722 a week ago

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 12:52:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Not at all what?

To record stuff online ect with out sitting in front of your computer all day... Google roku DVR ect its not that hard.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 12:52:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Not at all what?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol, not at all.

Not at all what?

It's the internet, you don't have to record anything It's all on tap. Not to mention the myriad options for using your TV to watch internet based stuff.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 12:54:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

It's the internet, you don't have to record anything It's all on tap. Not to mention the myriad options for using your TV to watch internet based stuff.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol, not at all.

Not at all what?

Some things you do, example would be news or special shows. Can record the live feed found onine., or just get a FTA box, external hard drive, a 36" dish and a motor and watch all the free TV you want. You can add a decent antenna for locals too.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 12:58:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Not at all what?

To record stuff online ect with out sitting in front of your computer all day... Google roku DVR ect its not that hard.
View Quote

So, I can get all the races, football games, etc online?

What if I want to watch it in the living room instead of the computer room where I am now?
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 12:59:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Some things you do, example would be news or special shows. Can record the live feed found onine., or just get a FTA box, external hard drive, a 36" dish and a motor and watch all the free TV you want. You can add a decent antenna for locals too.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol, not at all.

Not at all what?

Whose satellite are getting all this free stuff from?
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 12:59:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Yup.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup.

Step 1: Turn off TV
Step 2: Stand up
Step 3: Walk outside
Step 4: Enjoy life

Do you really watch the news all day long? I can't stand watching news networks. 15 mins of watching to see nothing important.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 1:00:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol, not at all.

Not at all what?

Are you serious?  Again, you may be in front of your computer all the time but most aren't, so "you don't have to record anything" is hogwash.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 1:00:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol, not at all.

Not at all what?

I don't have time to explain the whole process, google FTA satellite system and read up.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 1:03:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I don't have time to explain the whole process, google FTA satellite system and read up.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not at all what?

You mean you can't explain it.  You brought it up, so tell where you are getting all this FREE SHIT from.

LOL
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 1:06:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A lot of it is re-manufactured now. Probably just the dish person trying to upsell on the hopper.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 1:08:34 PM EDT
[#15]
I don't have time to explain, how hard is that to fucking understand I have a life and work to do that keeps me from helping you. Seriously If you can't use google then please don't even fucking bother to try to use a FTA system to save yourself money.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 1:10:13 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
A lot of it is re-manufactured now. Probably just the dish person trying to upsell on the hopper.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

They have always been reman. Only getting a new one if you paid $$$ upfront and bought out right. My first one lasted prob 10 years. Just got my second

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 1:11:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Cause they are a hell of a lot cheaper then Direct or cable.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why in the hell do you still have Dish Network?

Cause they are a hell of a lot cheaper then Direct or cable.

I saw the same alert about Dish dropping Fox... while watching Fox using my over-the-air antenna
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 1:13:28 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

That's fine if you want to sit in front of your computer all day.

I like being able to DVR stuff and watch it later, record stuff when I am not home or am asleep.

Hard to do with with online stuff.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Who the fuck uses Dish Network?

I do.  Their DVR is ten times better than Direct, and their picture is clearer.

Yes, the Dish DVR is fantastic, the whole UI with dish has always been smoother and faster than the others IME.

I'd cancel it altogether though, TV blows and there's plenty of good shit online.

That's fine if you want to sit in front of your computer all day.

I like being able to DVR stuff and watch it later, record stuff when I am not home or am asleep.

Hard to do with with online stuff.

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 1:13:32 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

I don't have time to explain, how hard is that to fucking understand I have a life and work to do that keeps me from helping you. Seriously If you can't use google then please don't even fucking bother to try to use a FTA system to save yourself money.
View Quote
I would love to know also. So far my googling says the only FTA shit your picking up is religious and PBS coming off 123W? I haven't seen major net works being picked up For a while now unless you have a hacked smart card.

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 1:15:25 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I would love to know also. So far my googling says the only FTA shit your picking up is religious and PBS coming off 123W? I haven't seen major net works being picked up For a while now unless you have a hacked smart card.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah FTA is mainly that... international free broadcasts. Everything is encrypted otherwise.

Maybe he meant OTA? Local fox channels?
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 1:17:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

You mean you can't explain it.  You brought it up, so tell where you are getting all this FREE SHIT from.

LOL
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 1:22:01 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nevagtive, between a roku, FTA which have more than one sat, and a ota antenna you can get lots of free programs. I don't use hacks as I doubt anyone has cracked niagra much less they don't hack smart cards anymore since it would be easier to just load a thumb drive or use a encrypted online network with keys
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 1:23:00 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Do you really watch the news all day long? I can't stand watching news networks. 15 mins of watching to see nothing important.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yup.

No I don't watch the news all day long.

I'm retired and spend a lot of time dinking around the house.

I just turn on Fox and leave it on as "background noise".

I do watch Fox in the morning for a quick news update and I do watch "The Five" and Bret Baier and a few of the financial programs on Fox Business.

Not to worry, I'm not spending my entire day inside watching TV, but the TV is on and tuned to Fox most of the day.

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 1:30:36 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Gee, I have had Dish since '99 and it has happened maybe 3 times.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't complain much about Time Warner Cable. It is always working, Internet is fast, customer service has always been good for me, and I don't recall ever experiencing channels being removed over contract negotiations. It seems to happen all the time with Dish Network.

Had them for 2 years so far and has happened 3 times.  First it was AMC then it was Cartoon Network and now its Fox.  I don't care whose fault it is.  I pay for a service and expect to get what I pay for.  If they lose a channel that is fine then lower my price and when they get that channel back then charge me accordingly.  Do you think Dish is paying for Fox right now?  I know my bill has not changed.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 1:35:05 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Had them for 2 years so far and has happened 3 times.  First it was AMC then it was Cartoon Network and now its Fox.  I don't care whose fault it is.  I pay for a service and expect to get what I pay for.  If they lose a channel that is fine then lower my price and when they get that channel back then charge me accordingly.  Do you think Dish is paying for Fox right now?  I know my bill has not changed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't complain much about Time Warner Cable. It is always working, Internet is fast, customer service has always been good for me, and I don't recall ever experiencing channels being removed over contract negotiations. It seems to happen all the time with Dish Network.

On the flip side, Directv certainly has an edge on Dish right now for sports coverage and their merger with AT&T. That's going to hurt Dish a bit.

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 1:36:18 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

They will add additional channels and credit your bill normally. Call them they will credit you if they didn't automatically

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 1:43:21 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
They will add additional channels and credit your bill normally. Call them they will credit you if they didn't automatically  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My wife is a stay at home mom and she is really good with negotiating discounts with service providers.  In fact she is on the phone right now with Dish to see what they will do.  We always get added channels like hbo or showtime but I don't watch them.  Shoot I have hundreds of channels and only watch a couple of channels as it is so giving more useless channels really does nothing for me.  I have internet through time warner and tv through dish.  We are seriously entertaining going to just one service provider and seeing what they can do.  I would get rid of tv all together if it wasn't for my wife.  I could care less.  I netflix and amazon prime everything I need.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 2:20:34 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yup.

Same here, but I work at home.

Dish just gave me next month free ($99.15), but I'm giving them about a week to get it resolved.  I've been a Dish customer for around 15 years, so it will be a huge change, but I can shave $600 off my bill for the next year if I make the switch.

Eric  

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 2:20:53 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

My wife is a stay at home mom and she is really good with negotiating discounts with service providers.  In fact she is on the phone right now with Dish to see what they will do.  We always get added channels like hbo or showtime but I don't watch them.  Shoot I have hundreds of channels and only watch a couple of channels as it is so giving more useless channels really does nothing for me.  I have internet through time warner and tv through dish.  We are seriously entertaining going to just one service provider and seeing what they can do.  I would get rid of tv all together if it wasn't for my wife.  I could care less.  I netflix and amazon prime everything I need.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well wife finally got off the phone...she got 20 dollars off for 6 months and free HBO and Starz for a year.  I guess now is the time to call and get some discounts.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 3:42:19 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I dropped Dish after those Annoying as fuck Yankee "Hopper" commercials aired incessantly...

"Why are you ending your business with us, Sir?"

"Because every time I hear those motherfucking retarded Boston accents in my house, I want to drown kittens."
View Quote

Just to remind you why you dropped Dish.  
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 3:46:44 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

Because I live in the sticks DICK
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 5:03:59 PM EDT
[#32]
Pffft. I've got it locked out anyway.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 7:04:55 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

HA!    horse shit

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

HA!    horse shit

LOL. OK. I've had both. How about you?
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 8:42:50 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I do watch Fox in the morning for a quick news update and I do watch "The Five" and Bret Baier and a few of the financial programs on Fox Business.
Not to worry, I'm not spending my entire day inside watching TV, but the TV is on and tuned to Fox most of the day.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup.

I have the TV on when I'm working on the computer. It's background noise.

Usually it's Fox News on. I feel bereft. Bereft! Without my Fox News background noise!
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 8:58:19 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

HA!    horse shit

I've had both. I currently have direct and my parents have dish.

Dish network sucks ass. Picture is shit, menu is shit and the dvr is worse than shit.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 9:54:48 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I folded.  Guy just left the house.  A hopper and three joeys.  I must admit this new system is pretty nice.  I went through a couple CSRs and told them to cancel my account before I got to a person with straight answers, but it's over now.

The guy that hooked it up was top notch. I wish I could do something to get him recognition.  He said there was a survey so I will at least do that.

I don't even watch much TV, but the little things it does made it worth the cost.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 9:58:51 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

Because its either that or direct TV

Gr
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 10:03:17 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I folded.  Guy just left the house.  A hopper and three joeys.  I must admit this new system is pretty nice.  I went through a couple CSRs and told them to cancel my account before I got to a person with straight answers, but it's over now.

The guy that hooked it up was top notch. I wish I could do something to get him recognition.  He said there was a survey so I will at least do that.

I don't even watch much TV, but the little things it does made it worth the cost.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, the graphic interface on the Hopper/Joey is so much nicer than whats on regular receivers. The DVR is miles better and more capable too.

Oh and be sure to never block the cooling vents on the Joeys because they get hot as hell. I've killed one on accident (at work) by stacking them 3 high. LOL
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 2:07:24 PM EDT
[#39]
Still off line...
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 2:12:11 PM EDT
[#40]
1. Everytime I turn around, Dish is in a contract dispute with one network or another.
2. All cable news sucks, to include Fox. The good shit (all 10 minutes of it in a 24 hour period) will be selectively encoded and uploaded to YouTube later that day. You're not missing anything.
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 1:15:53 PM EDT
[#41]

Link Posted: 12/23/2014 7:58:42 PM EDT
[#42]

a couple of more days w/o Fox, and i'm switching to AT&T....assuming AT&T has Fox news
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 12:05:56 AM EDT
[#43]
The fuck...!? This is still going on!  Anyone have an update? Pretty much going to dump Dish Network any day now..................
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 12:07:12 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
They get in stupid contract disputes all the time.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

all the time
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 12:14:38 AM EDT
[#45]
Wish they would dump a bunch of other shit I don't watch and reduce my bill.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 12:21:47 AM EDT
[#46]
The way its being portrayed is that Fox is being the assholes here, demanding 100% markup plus some other channel surcharge. Costs would be ours... I like watching Fox News but I don't like being bent over for it. Fuck 'em for now I hope Dish holds out for us, not willing to pay a shitload more just for Fox News, I have internet after all....
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 5:06:58 AM EDT
[#47]
I would imagine that this dispute is doing terrible harm to both Fox and Dish. Fox News gets the republican leaning viewers. Rural areas, where satellite services such as Dish get most of their viewers, just happen to be heavily republican. So Fox News now has a ton of regular viewers that can no longer see their programming. And a bunch of people are pissed at Dish because they can no longer get their preferred news channel through them. I think I read something within the last week discussing how Dish Network has already lost 90,000+ subscribers over this issue with Fox News. And that number will keep climbing the longer this goes.

Honestly, I don't think either Dish or Fox News can keep this shit up much longer. Dish Network is in enough homes to cause Fox's ratings to drop significantly. And again, it is largely the rural and semi-rural audience that uses satellite who tune into Fox. I have always been happy with the service I've received from Dish thus far. But I'm going to be calling them today and informing them that if Fox News isn't back on my TV within a week, I will be canceling my Dish subscription and going to a local cable service. That is actually one of the few channels I watch on a regular basis and enjoy. Admittedly, their actual news coverage blows in comparison to CNN. Fox News is 100% politics, 100% of the day. But Fox is far more entertaining. And it is cool to see one major MSM source ask the tough questions to democrats, who get a free pass from all the other major MSM sources.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top