BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 3:53:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The police officers should have shot him.
View Quote

No, not in California. It might be legal, but I don't know any department that wouldn't discipline you for going to guns when there's two male cops and one suspect. I've been in worse fights with suspects and never thought about going to guns.  

This situation needed officer Ramos and corporal Cicinelli; guys that won't quit in a fight.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 4:01:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Well he won't see daylight for at least 7 years in cali, A&B on a uniformed LEO?

+1

Battery on a police officer is a misdemeanor in California.

241.  (a) An assault is punishable by a fine not exceeding one thousand dollars ($1,000), or by imprisonment in the county jail not
exceeding six months, or by both the fine and imprisonment.

(b) When an assault is committed against the person of a parking control officer engaged in the performance of his or her duties, and the person committing the offense knows or reasonably should know that the victim is a parking control officer, the assault is punishable by a fine not exceeding two thousand dollars ($2,000), or by imprisonment in the county jail not exceeding six months, or by both the fine and imprisonment.
  (c) When an assault is committed against the person of a peace officer, firefighter, emergency medical technician, mobile intensive care paramedic, lifeguard, process server, traffic officer, code enforcement officer, animal control officer, or search and rescue
member engaged in the performance of his or her duties, or a physician or nurse engaged in rendering emergency medical care outside a hospital, clinic, or other health care facility, and the person committing the offense knows or reasonably should know that the victim is a peace officer, firefighter, emergency medical
technician, mobile intensive care paramedic, lifeguard, process server, traffic officer, code enforcement officer, animal control officer, or search and rescue member engaged in the performance of his or her duties, or a physician or nurse engaged in rendering
emergency medical care, the assault is punishable by a fine not exceeding two thousand dollars ($2,000), or by imprisonment in a county jail not exceeding one year, or by both the fine and imprisonment.

Link Posted: 12/17/2014 4:02:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I thought so also.

And a clearly good shoot.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It would have been a good shoot.

I thought so also.

And a clearly good shoot.

Clearly a good shoot.

But only because the idiot is filming. If he wasn't or if he didn't hand in the video ?

Liberals pisss me off. This is what cops have to deal with. Good people are going to die at the hands of obamas sons because they are scared to use force.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 5:08:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Allow me to render some insight into this thread.

Batons suck, seriously, they are useless. They work better as a psychological weapon than anything else, if someone is hell bent on beating your ass hitting them with a collapsible will just annoy the hell out of them. Why is this you ask? Most of the ones they issue these days are aluminum, so if you hit something solid it bends and is rendered inoperable (read as will no longer collapse), this is so you have to report using it to get a new one. I carry one as I'm required to carry one "less lethal" tool.

OC doesn't work on everyone, I've met plenty of Hispanic and African Americans this simply did not work on. I don't carry it because it greatly effects me and is just as (if not more) likely to screw me up than screw them up if I use it.

I'm not issued a Taser, although I am qualified to use one and have been hit with one myself. They are effective if both prongs hit, but as soon as the power goes, the fight is back on. I would love to get one.

Link Posted: 12/17/2014 5:21:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Knockdown, not knock out
Bid difference
Well he won't see daylight for at least 7 years in cali, A&B on a uniformed LEO?
Fucking moron right there

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Caution: harsh language.

Video Link
Knockdown, not knock out
Bid difference

2 years 4 years probation'

oh cali? 2 years probation and a county brick
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 6:21:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Back 15 years ago (who knows, maybe it was closer to 20), just over the border into RI, a local officer had a beef of some sort with some local guys (everybody might have been in their early 20s or so). Well, the cop ended up doing something to warrant getting disciplined or suspended (can't remember exactly what) because of his interaction with the guys in question, so he went to the auto shop two of the guys worked at and killed one or two of them. IIRC, the officer ended up committing suicide in prison.

That LEO deserved much more than being "knocked the fuck out." He deserved to be planted by someone CCWing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
When did it become OK to fight the police?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

This will piss some off. But some cops need to be knocked the fuck out.

Advocating felony battery on an LEO.

Bye.

Back 15 years ago (who knows, maybe it was closer to 20), just over the border into RI, a local officer had a beef of some sort with some local guys (everybody might have been in their early 20s or so). Well, the cop ended up doing something to warrant getting disciplined or suspended (can't remember exactly what) because of his interaction with the guys in question, so he went to the auto shop two of the guys worked at and killed one or two of them. IIRC, the officer ended up committing suicide in prison.

That LEO deserved much more than being "knocked the fuck out." He deserved to be planted by someone CCWing.

Sabetta from Foster PD.
Happened around 1995

Link Posted: 12/17/2014 6:26:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
0bama has so many sons I lost count
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/17/2014 6:26:41 AM EDT
[#8]
They hate the police so much quit rolling anyone there.  Or let them have their own all black police force.  They dont give a shit about black on black crime so if a bunch of black cops execute a bunch of shit birds I guess no one will care.
The minute that place turns into Somalia with a bunch of warlords handing out street justice the cries for the police would start right back up.  

The video could have been a comedy if the sound track would have been "Bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang".
One more shout of fuck the police.
"Reload, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang".

Link Posted: 12/17/2014 6:32:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Seemed like broken jaw/wrist/rib from a baton would've ended it a little quicker
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 6:44:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Simple solution, hire more black cops. If a ghetto thug is violent, black cop gets out on camera and gives warning to perp. No compliance , black cop shoots hood rat. Just a thought.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 7:02:27 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

And then they'd be criminally charged.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Cops were on the power play and still couldn't take the guy down? Geez. I'm actually glad to see the restraint on the cops' part by not shooting the guy, but they should've had the batons out to crack his head open the old fashioned way.

And then they'd be criminally charged.

Yeah, I have a few friends who are cops and I use to think they had an ok job. Lately, you have to be a sucker to be a cop. Even the president hates you.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 7:29:02 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Bye.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bye.

Did someone just get banned?

I thought it was established on page 1 that this paricular knockout would not be a felony.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 7:46:19 AM EDT
[#13]
That video reminds me of Demolition Man:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bOQitInC84&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Maybe one day the technology will exist for Minority Report halos:

EDIT: and the "Sick Sticks":

A few months ago I started a thread about weaponizing a light or a series of lights to cause photosensitive seizures in people.

I got the idea from the Puke Light:
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/LED_Incapacitator

Link Posted: 12/17/2014 7:51:19 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

Always has been in the Dindu community.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 8:17:26 AM EDT
[#15]
I wish cops in real life were like they are in GTA 5....

Link Posted: 12/17/2014 8:18:23 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Really?  I don't think so.  

Yes...  I understand the hesitation to use lethal force.  But I'm going to ask a question.  In a case like this, why doesn't one of the Cops just pull their .40 cal Glocks and knee cap his ass?  Or..  maybe blow up a femur or tibia?  Pull the trigger often, and aim below the waist.  That will take the dance out of him. And if you happen to nick a ball or schwantz, all the better.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
50% of arf.com is really happy after seeing that video.

Really?  I don't think so.  

Yes...  I understand the hesitation to use lethal force.  But I'm going to ask a question.  In a case like this, why doesn't one of the Cops just pull their .40 cal Glocks and knee cap his ass?  Or..  maybe blow up a femur or tibia?  Pull the trigger often, and aim below the waist.  That will take the dance out of him. And if you happen to nick a ball or schwantz, all the better.

Can I send you a membership form to my club?

Link Posted: 12/17/2014 8:25:44 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

A good retirement?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why the fuck would any rational person want to be a police officer in a city like that?

A good retirement?

Hate to break it to you, but you can get a good great retirement by doing something else.
I've never had to interact with a Didnu either.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 9:09:02 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Batons suck, seriously, they are useless.
View Quote

Some people I've nailed with a PR24 would disagree.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 9:10:47 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Hate to break it to you, but you can get a good great retirement by doing something else.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why the fuck would any rational person want to be a police officer in a city like that?

A good retirement?

I'm not complaining.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 9:11:43 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
[div style='text-align: left;']

View All Quotes
Quoted:
[div style='text-align: left;']
Quoted:

Batons suck, seriously, they are useless.

Wish I had a PR24

I'm stuck with an aluminum asp
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 9:11:46 AM EDT
[#21]
That isn't LAPD...wrong uniforms and vehicle.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 10:15:31 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Serious question - what should the cops have done?
View Quote

Shot him.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 10:31:36 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
This is ridiculous that police are now in the position where they have to physically get into fist fights due to the race baiters in this country.  
View Quote

Meh, the odds of getting shot for answering the door with an Xbox controller have probably gone down in the last month or two, so I see it as a wash or perhaps a slight win for personal freedom.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 10:32:48 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Hickory shampoo.  It makes the scalp nice and...tender?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hickory shampoo.  It makes the scalp nice and...tender?

Dont forget the 12 gauge rinse.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 10:33:17 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 10:41:06 AM EDT
[#26]
What about using lassos or

Link Posted: 12/17/2014 10:43:20 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 10:49:37 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Why don't they have batons? That woulda put a quick end to the resistance. It is so ironic that these are the same people who claim police are too violent--resisting arrest and boxing LEO. Such resistance is exactly why so many get hurt. It's a viscous circle with no end in site.
View Quote

LA is so opposed to impact weapons that they maintain a list of approved flashlights to make sure nobody carries one that could be used as a club.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 10:55:06 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Knockdown, not knock out
Bid difference

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Caution: harsh language.

Video Link
Knockdown, not knock out
Bid difference

Depends on his prior criminal history. He could do as little as 10 days.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 11:03:14 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

Should have never started a fight that the two of them couldnt control and Backed off and waited for cavalry.

As it was They could have taken the guy down, but they didnt want to sacrifice their bodies to do it. That lack of motivation ended badly for one of them.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 11:14:00 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Should have never started a fight that the two of them couldnt control and Backed off and waited for cavalry.

As it was They could have taken the guy down, but they didnt want to sacrifice their bodies to do it. That lack of motivation ended badly for one of them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree with this. When it's time to fight you better fight.  It sucks but two of anyone really fighting one very rarely is as hard as they made this.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 12:40:04 PM EDT
[#32]

That would be racist.

We are still apologizing for those days.

Link Posted: 12/17/2014 12:42:31 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 12:49:53 PM EDT
[#34]
Am I wrong for thinking that in the moment immediately after the thug knocked out the officer that the other officer should have drawn his weapon and shot the said thug?
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 12:52:21 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

+1

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

241.  (a) An assault is punishable by a fine not exceeding one thousand dollars ($1,000), or by imprisonment in the county jail not
exceeding six months, or by both the fine and imprisonment.

(b) When an assault is committed against the person of a parking control officer engaged in the performance of his or her duties, and the person committing the offense knows or reasonably should know that the victim is a parking control officer, the assault is punishable by a fine not exceeding two thousand dollars ($2,000), or by imprisonment in the county jail not exceeding six months, or by both the fine and imprisonment.
  (c) When an assault is committed against the person of a peace officer, firefighter, emergency medical technician, mobile intensive care paramedic, lifeguard, process server, traffic officer, code enforcement officer, animal control officer, or search and rescue
member engaged in the performance of his or her duties, or a physician or nurse engaged in rendering emergency medical care outside a hospital, clinic, or other health care facility, and the person committing the offense knows or reasonably should know that the victim is a peace officer, firefighter, emergency medical
technician, mobile intensive care paramedic, lifeguard, process server, traffic officer, code enforcement officer, animal control officer, or search and rescue member engaged in the performance of his or her duties, or a physician or nurse engaged in rendering
emergency medical care, the assault is punishable by a fine not exceeding two thousand dollars ($2,000), or by imprisonment in a county jail not exceeding one year, or by both the fine and imprisonment.

Well, it's is kinda stupid when, a battery on one person is a misdemeanor, but a battery on another person that happens to be wearing a badge is a felony. Either both instances should be felonies or both should be misdemeanors, none of this special treatment bullshit.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 12:55:59 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

A good retirement?

Not too many entry level jobs left that offer defined benefit pension plans.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 12:58:24 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Am I wrong for thinking that in the moment immediately after the thug knocked out the officer that the other officer should have drawn his weapon and shot the said thug?
View Quote

Now I am not going to talk about what is legal. I am going to talk about what is right. Right in that if the video went national, everyone would side with police instead of the bad guy assuming the bad guys crime was something minor before he decided to resist.

Well for it to be clean the officer should tell him to put his hands up first. After about 3-5 seconds, enough time for the bad guy to understand the command If the bad guy chooses to remain and fight rather then flee or comply, yup good shoot.

If the bad guy was heading for his downed partner, yell the command while drawing and shooting him quick, worry about the riots later, and their probably would be riots.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 12:58:27 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Why?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why?

There are bad people in every profession, most of the police I know, which is quite a bit are good folk. I do know 2 though that are scum and are on a constant power trip, who deserve a punch in the mouth daily.

Link Posted: 12/17/2014 12:59:10 PM EDT
[#39]
Maybe police need to be issued big orange shotguns filled with rubber baton shells.
I reckon that might be way too dangerous too....

Bear spray?  i heard bear spray works on bears...
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 1:00:44 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Bye.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bye.

Unless you cause a decent amount of bodily harm, getting fights are a misdemeanor, even with a random person.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 1:30:55 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

Good luck with that plan.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 1:39:42 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Could you imagine that thread?
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 1:41:41 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'd say he'd be ok, the force rose to deadly at that moment didn't it?

If the second officer gets knocked out both could be killed with their own guns?

Thats assuming the perp could figure out how to get the gun out of the holster?  

Link Posted: 12/17/2014 1:43:50 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Guy filming needs a taste of the taser too.
View Quote

What's he doing that's illegal?   Last I checked it was legal to say mean things about the government.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 1:45:00 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Only difference between those dindus and cop haters here is that those dindus aren't fat and dont live in their moms basement.
View Quote

And those dindus are willing to fight the cops over stupid shit where the basement dwellers probably prefer to act like the cameraman.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 1:47:51 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

And those dindus are willing to fight the cops over stupid shit where the basement dwellers probably prefer to act like the cameraman.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Only difference between those dindus and cop haters here is that those dindus aren't fat and dont live in their moms basement.

That's because the basement dwellers think about acting, but lack the balls to do so.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 1:49:41 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

That's because the basement dwellers think about acting, but lack the balls to do so.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or they haven't actually  seen a police officer in the line of duty since 2004 and are addicted to porn and outrage.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 1:53:43 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Or they haven't actually  seen a police officer in the line of duty since 2004 and are addicted to porn and outrage.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And cheese doodles.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 1:55:28 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quit talkin' about me.    Just kidding.  I saw cops this morning on the way to work.   Guilty as charged about liking porn and tending to get pissed when I see folks get hurt without a good reason.......which is NOT what's in this video.   I agree with the guy that says Officer should have put him down as soon as his buddy got KOd.  

We don't pay cops to fight criminals.  We pay them to stop and catch the fuckers, and I figure any time someone knowingly fights a  cop he's eventually gonna go for the cop's gun.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 1:56:05 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

And cheese doodles.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And cheese doodles.

STOP READING MY MIIIIIIIND!!!!!!  
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top