Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 4:31:17 PM EDT
[#1]
At least they have become courteous at the grocery- they have separated their EBT approved items from the non-approved ones, but they do pay twice which is rather inconvenient.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 4:42:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Worked part time at 7-11 back when there were paper food stamps. First snot nose kid comes in with a dollar stamp and a buckle candy, 95 cents change. Second one comes in and does the same. After the third one comes in and repeats the process. In waddles momma. White, fat, unclean and she asks for two packs of Marlboros.

It took ther dollars and three nickle candies to get enough for the two pack deal.

Had two jobs and lived in a FSA neighborhood. FSA would knock on my door asking if I wanted 40 stamps for 20 bucks. I asked them how the fuck they would feed their kids if they sold their stamps?  "Pfft, that's what the food pantry was for."
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 6:03:58 PM EDT
[#3]
I work at WalMart in the pharmacy.Everybody is a FSA story.

But...When I first moved to TN, I'm getting gas at the pump, and Mr. FSA next to me says he over pumped by $2 and wants to know if I would give him the money. I had about $10 to my name and said "no". He keeps looking at me and ask if I was serious. I said "yes, I'm serious". He looked befuddled and just drove off. Ten years later, it still burns me up.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 6:28:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The next day she writes that she's having a hard time deciding which of the three new Xbox One games she should play that her boyfriend just bought her.  A week later posts a picture of a freshly done tattoo.

Unfriended...zero fucks given.  If my buddy asks me to give her a hand in his absence I'll ask that he explain where her priorities  are coming from.
View Quote

Good call.  How much does a tattoo cost?  Let's say a 4"x4" design, one color.  I'm not getting one, but when I see folks with full sleeves or large chest/back work, I know it must cost a lot.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 8:10:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Tagump
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 8:13:09 PM EDT
[#6]
there is no fucking way people should be allowed to buy junk food, and other bullshit on food stamps. it should be staples.. and nothing else. fucking rice, beans, etc, and generic staples  as well.

Link Posted: 12/16/2014 8:17:22 PM EDT
[#7]
I was talking to a MD today and if what he told me was true this world is just getting even more fucked up. According to him even the FSA has a small copay on visits however the medical facility isn't allowed to ask the FSA patient for it and only receives it if they volunteer.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 8:17:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Had sixteen shopping carts lined up in front of a public building.  I came by and studied a woman who was nearby.  

Sweeping my hand toward the rest of the carts I asked, "Excuse me ma'am, are you the wagon master?"

"Yes."

"Could you please move the wagon train? They're obstructing traffic and I'd rather you take them out of sight than me waiting her for Safeway to recover them."  

She moved.

Those were the days when we were ordered not to seize shopping carts anymore.  In the old days, you could ask, "Is this your cart?"  If they responded yes, the next question was, "Do you have a receipt from Safeway (or whatever grocery store it was)?"  If the answer was no then came the threat.  "Either you leave now or I arrest you for possession of stolen property."  They always left.  
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 8:35:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

How or why would they let you see or posses their EBT card ?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've posted it numerous times. Stopped a woman in a Ford Expedition with Virginia plates. When she handed me her VA driver's license I saw she had a NY EBT card in her wallet. Wrote down the ID number on it and called up the welfare office. Gave the a fraud investigator all her VA license and vehicle info. He shut off her benefits. Did the same with a guy from CT a few weeks later.

How or why would they let you see or posses their EBT card ?

Opened wallet in front of him maybe?
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 8:55:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

All my donations go overseas.

Had a priest from the Caribbean stop by our parish and say that there wasn't a single poor person left in the United States based just on the government bennies. At least not compared to where he worked.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have never donated to any food bank since.

Had a priest from the Caribbean stop by our parish and say that there wasn't a single poor person left in the United States based just on the government bennies. At least not compared to where he worked.

I accidentally grabbed bags full of garbage and donated them to goodwill instead of old clothes packed in garbage bags.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 9:03:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Some fat pig was holding up the check out line, arguing that the mac & cheese she has is covered by wic or what ever the fuck fsa hand out she was using. She refused to give up on her precious mac & cheese and was yelling at the cashier.

This went on for several minutes, doesn't sound long but trust me, when your standing next in line and just want to gtfo and go home it feels like an eternity.

I lost it, one of the few times in my life, but the look of the fsa kaiju beast set off a bomb & I exploded!

HERE YOU FAT FUCK! HERES FOR YOUR FUCKING FOOD! I threw a $5 bill on the counter NOW FUCKING GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She looked like someone just ran over her puppy & she didnt say anything back.

Needless to say you could hear a pin drop.

Work a 12 hour shift and be held up from the peace and quiet of your home by some fucking parasite who wants to bitch that the m& c she wants is free.... You might snap too
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 9:18:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 9:36:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Ok, My flame suit is on....

Oh by the way, I went to school and worked it out to not lose my comrats.  I was 135lbs when I went to school and weighed 120 when I got home I'm 5'11".  Was not allowed to eat in the chow hall since I was on comrats unless I paid for it (could not afford it).  Glad I had my fishing gear and a camp stove.  Definitely have made up for that weight loss.
View Quote

Holy shit dude I feel for you. There is no shame so no need for a flame suit! Thank you for your service too. The system was designed to help people like yourself in your earlier years. Glad you sound like you're doing better now though!
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 10:08:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Please excuse my stupidity, but what does FSA actually stand for?
View Quote

FREE SHIT ARMY  
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 10:13:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Woman and two kids in line at Target, just ahead of me, goes and buys a huge bag of peanut m&m's and a 12 pack of Coke, "paid" via EBT.  I only bought a couple things, so I was out quite quickly after she was.  Saw her and her kids get into a brand new Land Rover.

Link Posted: 12/16/2014 10:14:44 PM EDT
[#16]
I'm surrounded by farmers...
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 10:28:56 PM EDT
[#17]
I'm declaring victory in posting the most outrageous FSA abuse yet dcumented:

WELFARE LOOPHOLE: SISTERS MAKE $540,000 BABYSITTING THEIR KIDS

"A four-month investigation of the $340 million taxpayer-funded "Wisconsin Shares" welfare childcare program found the program rife with abuse and loopholes.

In one instance, research conducted by the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel found that four sisters with 17 children bagged $540,000.00 in taxpayer monies since 2006 by simply staying home and babysitting for each other.  The most shocking part: it's perfectly legal.

"It's a loophole," said Laurice Lincoln, administrative coordinator for child care with the Milwaukee County Department of Health and Human Services. "Do we have concerns about it? Yes, it can be a problem. But if it's allowed, it's allowed. We really can't dispute it."

There's more.

The Wisconsin Shares program also allows parents to work at childcare facilities where their kids attend. In one instance, the newspaper found an employer and parent team accused of bilking taxpayers for over $360,000.

Part of the problem is that the Wisconsin Shares childcare subsidy program has wide parameters for what the state considers "work."  For example, the investigation found that mothers who "claimed to work ironing a man's shirts, drying fruit and selling artwork they made during art class" all received taxpayer-funded checks.

The program is so lax, it even pays parents to sleep.   As the Wisconsin Journal Sentinel points out, "Counties have no way to monitor whether parents are actually sleeping while their kids are in day care."

An estimated 34,000 Wisconsin families presently take advantage of the $340 million taxpayer-funded Wisconsin Shares program."
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 10:35:48 PM EDT
[#18]
I work on an ambulance.  I wouldn't even know where to start.  One of the best was responding to the ER lobby for a pt that was tired of waiting to be seen so she called the ambulance knowing she would be seen immediately.  I don't remember her complaint but it was something minor.  10 years in this job and I can't even fathem the amount of wasted tax dollars transporting patients with toe pain, contact stuck in my eye, elbows been hurting for two weeks, etc.  I'd guess 90% of our calls are FSA who don't need to be transported by ambulance.  We play a game sometimes that we call "where's Obama".  Nearly every house we respond to has a framed picture of him or a comemerative plate on the wall or he's on their shirt.  Just look around and you're sure to find it.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 8:34:50 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
We play a game sometimes that we call "where's Obama".  Nearly every house we respond to has a framed picture of him or a comemerative plate on the wall or he's on their shirt.  Just look around and you're sure to find it.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/17/2014 12:36:22 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 2:41:51 PM EDT
[#21]

Here I am trying to calculate how much I have to pay the IRS and I'm reminded of where more than half of that money goes.  
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 3:37:36 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
We play a game sometimes that we call "where's Obama".  Nearly every house we respond to has a framed picture of him or a comemerative plate on the wall or he's on their shirt.  Just look around and you're sure to find it.

That's hilarious.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 4:38:24 PM EDT
[#23]
44-year old guy, had been working for the state of CA.  Has been out on disability for > 6 months for high blood pressure.
Making money under the table doing Uber.  Uses food stamp program...wonders why he is single and can't get laid or why single moms want him.

Link Posted: 12/17/2014 4:56:05 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
My only personal experience dealing with the FSA was in the '80s as a teenager working as a cashier in a grocery store.  The majority of people using food stamps (back then they were actual paper "coupons") always had cash to pay for the stuff not covered, and it was always stuff like alcohol and cigarettes.  There were also the people that would buy something small so they could get cash change back.  If the change was less than a dollar they got actual coin change, over a dollar and they got food stamps back in the appropriate denomination.  Seeing it all gave me a very jaded attitude early on.

My entire time there I can only recall this one woman (a regular customer) that seemed to actually care about using her food stamps and WIC cards responsibly.  She would always have a full cart and it was all staple foods that were covered, and she seemed to get the cheapest stuff to make it stretch further.

We one time had this guy come in with a bag of groceries and a story that his wife bought the stuff but they didn't need it and wanted to return it.  No receipt of course.  My manager starts going through the stuff in the bag and pulls out a few select items and tells him we can "refund" his money on those items but the rest of it did not come from our store.  Turns out the guy was a corner bum nearby that the manager recognized and he was just getting cash for food items people had given him.
View Quote

I had the same job in the 90s. 2 carts full of lobster, ribs, steak, shrimp, and junk food. $1k leather coats etc.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 5:13:22 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

That's hilarious.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
We play a game sometimes that we call "where's Obama".  Nearly every house we respond to has a framed picture of him or a commemorative plate on the wall or he's on their shirt.  Just look around and you're sure to find it.

That's hilarious.

That's literal truth, I played that game as well. dead serious
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 5:49:25 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

After working and traveling in the third world I can only say he is right.  I have no respect for "poor" people in America.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 5:52:51 PM EDT
[#27]

That thread is a classic
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 6:07:01 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Working as a paramedic in a fairly large city, I could tell FSA stories all day. I dealt with hardcore members of the FSA on an hourly basis and for that matter still do.

This isn't any real dramatic story but it shows the mindset of some people: even though I dealt with these people all the time I would try to tell myself that some of them are just down on their luck and I would attempt to help them and every single time I regretted it. One time I bought some food and we immediately got a call on a homeless guy. He smelled the food and made the comment that he hadn't eaten for a couple days. I felt bad for him and gave him the food. After he ate it he said that a cup of coffee would really hit the spot. So, I took him into the hospital. He didn't really have anything wrong with him so I sat him in the ER waiting room and then went in the ER to get him a cup of coffee. When I game back he yelled: What ? No cream and sugar ????? I turned around and walked away.

Another time I ran a call on a woman who lived in an apartment on the third floor and the building had no elevator. So we walked up three stories. The woman was pregnant and this is why she wanted to go to the hosptial: she wasn't in labor or anything. It's important to keep in mind that it is common to run calls on people and never really figure out why they think they need to go to the hospital, but you just take them because they want to go. Anyway, I say, OK, let's go and another woman sitting there says to her, make them carry you down the stairs, that is what they gettin paid to do. Keep in mind that there is nothing wrong with this woman, they just wanted us to carry her down the stairs because they are FSA. I tell them it's not happening, I will meet her down at the ambulance and if she doesn't walk down the stairs in a few minutes I will assume she doesn't want to go and I'm leaving.  

I ran a call on a woman who called 911 because she hadn't slept in three days. She asked me to drive her kids to her mothers house that was several miles the opposite way from the hospital.

I couldn't count the number of times I have responded to a 911 call, transported someone to the hospital and then they walked away: they just wanted a ride to that part of town. ;
I couldn't tell you how many times we would get a 911 call to a restraunt, from somebody who went there and ate and called 911 to leave without paying the check.  One I remember in particular, a woman said there was a roach in a piece of pie she ordered (don't ask me why this needs an ambulance). I said, I dont' see any roach in that pie. She said, she ate it. I said, so you saw the roach in the pie and you ate it anyway.......... ????  We put her on the gurney and wheeled it right up to the cash register and made her pay before we left.
I couldn't possibly tell you how many times I have been called for some very minor issue, often not even medical, It might just be an argument but we got called as a "Domestic dispute:". Then after these idiots called 911 to their house it's discovered that one or more of them have a warrant and they go to jail: THEY called 911 on themselves knowing they had a warrant.

One time, years ago when you could get away with stuff like this, I ran on a call on someone that had nothing wrong with them and they wanted to go to the hospital. Normally I would just tell them to get in and drive them there but in this case the people were real assholes. Total assholes. I told them I wasn't taking them to the hospital, end of story. If they want to go to the hospital they can drive there themselves in one of the three cars parked in the driveway.  So they say they want to talk to my supervisor. I say, OK and call him. He responds to the house and they tell him that they want to go to the hospital and as taxpayers they have the right to get transported to the hospital. He says, you are taxpayers ? Where do you work ? They said, well........we don['t work. He said, that's what I thought, we arn't taking you anywhere.

I ran calls like this a dozen a shift for close to 30 years. Stories like this take place hundreds of times a day in every city in the US.
View Quote

Fucking took one two hours ago.

FSA can't follow the rules at the halfway house.  They tell her to pack her shit and call her a cab to take her to the homeless shelter an hour away.  They have one bed and will hold it for two hours. She doesn't want to go so she calls 911.  We get there and she complains of abdominal pain.  She wants to be seen at ER.  We take her and tell the doc the story.  Eyes light up with the realization that if she can discharge within 30 min, FSA will still have a place to go.  

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 6:10:21 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

We were actually told at the office to go out and buy a car we could not afford then come back and re-apply.  There was no way we were going to go out and do that crap.  The FSA is encouraged to abuse the system.  

View Quote

When my son was born (I had no job do to just recovering from surgery after getting injured in Iraq and of course no health insurance) the medicaid representative at the hospital gave me a lecture about how to take the money out of my bank account so we would qualify for medicaid.  Fuck that!  I wrote the biggest check of my life and emptied the bank account that way.  So much for all the money I made overseas, but I will be damned if my kid came into the world that way.

Still looking for soemthing other then part time that is not a security contract overseas.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 6:12:52 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
44-year old guy, had been working for the state of CA.  Has been out on disability for > 6 months for high blood pressure.
Making money under the table doing Uber.  Uses food stamp program...wonders why he is single and can't get laid or why single moms want him.
View Quote

Screen name?
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 6:31:46 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

No shit. I've posted the story before about when I was still on Long Island and couldn't find anyone to work part time on the books at $30/hr. Everyone was on disability, worker's comp, unemployment, etc.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Half the people around here won't go on the books because they are collecting some form for government benefit.
Can't go messing that up you know.
Or the old standby "Can we do like $150-$200 on the books and the rest cash, I don't want to mess up my unemployment/EBT/SNAP/HEAP"

No shit. I've posted the story before about when I was still on Long Island and couldn't find anyone to work part time on the books at $30/hr. Everyone was on disability, worker's comp, unemployment, etc.

Where in Long Island?  I used to live in Bethpage and work in Uniondale.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 6:54:01 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Screen name?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Screen name?

Extorris
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 7:02:33 PM EDT
[#33]
Retired from active duty and service connected disabled Veteran checking in.  
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 7:08:40 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I've posted it numerous times. Stopped a woman in a Ford Expedition with Virginia plates. When she handed me her VA driver's license I saw she had a NY EBT card in her wallet. Wrote down the ID number on it and called up the welfare office. Gave the a fraud investigator all her VA license and vehicle info. He shut off her benefits. Did the same with a guy from CT a few weeks later.
View Quote

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

My father had a visa revoked by a friend at state after a puke sold my brother (who was under 18) a piece of crap car.

He can go back to Iron and sell used camels.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 7:18:44 PM EDT
[#35]
I miss the "Tales from a Slum lord" threads.

My FSN story is the using the Lonestar card for a bunch of shit and loading it into a fully loaded Ford dually with new car paper license plates.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 7:27:38 PM EDT
[#36]
The most common abuse I see is couples with kids that don't get married so one can bring in a high income while the other works part time just enough hours to keep themself at poverty level to draw welfare.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 7:31:29 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
The most common abuse I see is couples with kids that don't get married so one can bring in a high income while the other works part time just enough hours to keep themself at poverty level to draw welfare.
View Quote

Pretty common around here too.

The guy will be working a good paying job most of the year, usually construction, and the girl is a waitress or cashier but claims the kid on her taxes and the forms for the benefits. Makes it look like she is just barely scraping by so they qualify for everything.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 7:49:39 PM EDT
[#38]
I don't know which story to tell, there are too many sadly. I see them stealing ketchup from the pump dispensers at fast food joints, pumping it into plastic bags. They come in and fill a drink cup at a soda fountain at will with no food or drink purchase (watched a pissed off Subway shop owner chase one off last week for that). They line up in their new high end cars at the food pantry here every month; that makes my blood boil and is the very reason I stopped contributing to that charity. Not many weeks go by that one doesn't stop in my shop looking for handouts, not once have any of them offered to work for one minute, they just want or expect me to give them money of let them haul off scrap metal. I put a big sign on the door in hopes of deterring them but I honestly believe most of them are illiterate.

I could go on and on but I feel my blood pressure going up just thinking about it.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 8:11:34 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

The guy will be working a good paying job most of the year, usually construction, and the girl is a waitress or cashier but claims the kid on her taxes and the forms for the benefits. Makes it look like she is just barely scraping by so they qualify for everything.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know.  It's most common with New York Rican households.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 8:18:02 PM EDT
[#40]
the fsa is heavy on joplin give and take. oh my food stamps got cancelled, can anyone help me, i need christmas presents can anyone help me

nothing beats working at my job seeing cracked out chicks and their dirty inky boyfriends stealing crap with 6 kids
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 8:22:27 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Lady with grocery cart full of stuff. Iphone, dressed nice, nails all done up nice ( caucasian lady BTW ).........paid for her stuff using LoneStar card ( ebt )..........then cash for rest.

Kinda followed her outside. Gets into a new 7 series BMW.

View Quote

Pretty much this and had ribeyes in her cart. Curse all freeloaders
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 8:50:09 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Lady with grocery cart full of stuff. Iphone, dressed nice, nails all done up nice ( caucasian lady BTW ).........paid for her stuff using LoneStar card ( ebt )..........then cash for rest.

View Quote

Was in the checkout line of a Piggly Wiggly when I lived in GA. Lady in front of me had the nails and weave all done up. Pays with an EBT card and leaves. I pay for my groceries and leave. Guess who goes driving by in a new Ford Escalade with the bling and spinning rims? I look at my 92 Toyota pickup with no AC and think to myself why I even bother working.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 8:52:25 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Saw the same thing with a new Volvo except it was an Indian woman with two men  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Saw the same thing with a new Volvo except it was an Indian woman with two men  

Where I live now saw some East Indian looking woman begging for food with her two kids. Some poor sap goes and buys her all kinds of groceries. Guess who I see sitting in the parking lot two weeks later in a brand new Prius? They are really making it tough for the people who really need help!
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 9:01:36 PM EDT
[#44]
Used to work at a major bank as a financial adviser and personal banker here in TX. I cannot even count how often I would have a hispanic couple come in to open an account with their Mexican Consular card (yes you can open a US bank account with a Mexican consular card).

They would always request two separate accounts even though they were together and had kids. I would explain that it was cheaper to have one joint account.

Without fail the muchacho would say they couldn't have a joint account because while he worked and had a steady income his 'wife' would lose her .gov welfare benefits if the decent wages from his construction job showed up.

Mind you these are Mexican nationals with no US ID!!
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 9:02:50 PM EDT
[#45]

I know. Sit all day hitting refresh on the lowest to highest button waiting for a split second computer glitch that allows them to buy a $400 item for $1. Then get pissed that the venders have the nerve to try and cancel the order or ask for a return if it gets drop shipped.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 9:06:11 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

That's pretty true compared to much of the world. There's indescribable differences between the poor of even a place like Cuba and our poor, who consider it a crime that they only have a 2k ft square house and plain sneakers.

Very, very few people in the U.S. know what actual poverty is.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's pretty true compared to much of the world. There's indescribable differences between the poor of even a place like Cuba and our poor, who consider it a crime that they only have a 2k ft square house and plain sneakers.

Very, very few people in the U.S. know what actual poverty is.

No they dont! I have been to Haiti and Somalia and have seen abject poverty. Their possessions usually consisted of a corrugated tin shack, some cooking pots and a bag of rice and jug of cooking oil. If you have a flat screen and an Xbox you aint poor!  
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 9:07:16 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is a way of life for a huge segement of America.  

You get penalized by the IRS for getting married, making more money and starting a small business.  You know... The American Dream.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 9:14:09 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Holy crap I'm going to start doing this lol
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 9:16:01 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

Well done!!
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 9:17:33 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Last year a gal showed up in my ER complaining of abdominal pain.  She said she missed her last period.

"Could you be pregnant?"

"Maybe"

"Have you taken a pregnancy test?"

"I can't afford that."

"They're only a buck at the dollar store."

"They're free here," referring to her Medicaid.

She was pregnant.  
View Quote

Sounds like everyday for me at work in ER.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top