User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 2:55:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Did you mean Hartsfield airport?

I can do the pick up and drop off. I'm in Dallas a few times a week. And by the airport also.

Let me know when.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
[span style='font-weight: bold;']Originally Posted By thor_ducJackso/span]
Just curious, why wasn't he neutered whairportered?

Because the foster had bad intentions.  She is allegedly a backyard breeder.

Anyway, I am working on travel details.  And we will need help getting two dogs to the airport

The dogs are in Dallas, Georgia.  And we have to get them to Maynard Jackson International Airport in Atlanta

Did you mean Hartsfield airport?

I can do the pick up and drop off. I'm in Dallas a few times a week. And by the airport also.

Let me know when.

I believe. Maynard is the international terminal at hartsfield
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 3:42:25 PM EDT
[#2]
This is awesome!!!  I love half of ARFCOM sometimes.  

Thank God this husky did not use someones yard as a bathroom when he escaped, he would been drt if the other half of ARFCOM had seen him.  

Link Posted: 12/16/2014 4:42:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Hey RS, what day are you picking him up?
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 5:44:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Hey RS, what day are you picking him up?
View Quote

Still figuring out schedule.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 7:38:20 PM EDT
[#5]
If you need help with the transport through the Chicago area I can help.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 7:42:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Edit - bad taste. My apologies.

(It's a good thing you're doing, Fluffy)
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 1:23:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Well let me know when you are picking him up. I work in Renton and I'll buy you a bag of your dogs favorite dog food.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 1:29:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
He is in Georgia.

He is safe for now.  But I need help in staging the longest dog relay of all time.  I need to get that dog to Fort McMurray in northern Alberta.  Then I will find him a sled dog team
View Quote

I have no idea where that is but im down for relay if you need it in the ne ohio i77 area.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 1:44:56 PM EDT
[#9]
So is this dog flying or driving?
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 2:52:27 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

So is this dog flying or driving?
View Quote
Pretty sure he's flying now.

Link Posted: 12/17/2014 7:54:07 PM EDT
[#11]

Update:

The dog is visiting the vet tomorrow for a health certificate.  I have paid for the vet and once a health certificate is in order, I will book the flight.

Stay tuned.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 8:01:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Update:

The dog is visiting the vet tomorrow for a health certificate.  I have paid for the vet and once a health certificate is in order, I will book the flight.

Stay tuned.
View Quote

if there's anything I can do please let me know - I"m all the way up in PA so I can't go get the dog unfortunately
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 8:08:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

if there's anything I can do please let me know - I"m all the way up in PA so I can't go get the dog unfortunately
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Update:

Stay tuned.

This too.  I am in Illinois and would be willing to help if by chance he comes through my state.  Fluffy you are awesome.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 8:18:59 AM EDT
[#14]
Sent IM to RS if you still need me.

Link Posted: 12/18/2014 8:28:29 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 8:29:49 AM EDT
[#16]
Arfcom is awesome

How about some pics once the pup reaches his new home?
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 8:51:15 AM EDT
[#17]
Is he still in NC?
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 11:18:52 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
He is in Georgia.

He is safe for now.  But I need help in staging the longest dog relay of all time.  I need to get that dog to Fort McMurray in northern Alberta.  Then I will find him a sled dog team
View Quote

Can u get him through customs?
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 1:37:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Health certificates were obtained.  We are almost ready to fly
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 3:27:07 PM EDT
[#20]

Travel arrangements completed.     Everything is go for Saturday flight.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 7:01:00 PM EDT
[#21]
Threads like this counteract those "other" threads.

<B

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 10:31:04 PM EDT
[#22]
The flight leaves Atlanta tomorrow morning....
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 10:45:11 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 10:51:06 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

The flight leaves Atlanta tomorrow morning....
View Quote
I'll be glad when this dog can get someplace where it can lay down and get some rest.  I cant imagine how tired and stressed it must be.

Link Posted: 12/20/2014 12:23:59 AM EDT
[#25]

When Operation Howling Husky is completed, I will let everyone know at once
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 8:52:03 AM EDT
[#26]
They are at the airport now.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 6:05:54 PM EDT
[#27]
There are actually two husky rescue dogs.  And they will be arriving in Seattle in an hour
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 6:14:33 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

When Operation Howling Husky is completed, I will let everyone know at once
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/20/2014 7:56:48 PM EDT
[#29]
Dogs arrived
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 8:01:30 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Dogs arrived
View Quote

Thank you Fluffy.... pics when you get a chance!
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 8:01:52 PM EDT
[#31]
Good deal. You are awesome,  Fluffy.

Hope the enjoy their new home.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 8:16:33 PM EDT
[#32]
Sorry to hear about this, Fluffy.

You are an awesome member of society.  

I'm curious as to how you found out about the women's shenanigans.  Some people really suck
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 8:18:54 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I had one before same issues , I found him once over 4 miles from home just out visiting people ,
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My husky can jump climb or dig her way out of ANYTHING. I use an aircraft cable type lead for her now so she doesnt wind up hit by a car, in the pound, lost, stolen etc. The current people just too stupid to care for a fucking dog?

I had one before same issues , I found him once over 4 miles from home just out visiting people ,

They love to run
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 8:24:29 PM EDT
[#34]
Dogs are with our friend....
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 8:46:19 PM EDT
[#35]
Awesome!
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 10:38:00 PM EDT
[#36]
I am back safe and sound with both dogs.  There are now four huskies in my house.  

And, believe it or not... they all seem to be getting along and not making a huge racket.  My wife just got a sled team for Christmas and is grinning.  Niko, the male, is kind of a whiner (my ears are a little sore after the ride home) but very friendly and loves an ear scritch, and looks to make a great wheel dog in front of the sled.  Strong shoulders and he pulls on a leash to no end.

The female (we don't have a name for her yet) didn't make a sound on the drive home.  She's very timid, all but silent, and amazingly sweet and friendly, especially after all she's been through (and she's fighting the tail end of mastitis right now).  She's also a VERY strong puller and intensely curious.  She pulled my wife most of the way around the upper end of our yard sniffing everything.  Everything.

Pictures soon, need to peel them off the phone-camera...
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 11:20:42 PM EDT
[#37]
Here's some photos! Sorry for the image quality it's off the cellphone in the dark. I'll try to get some better ones in the next few days (provided I get a chance, we still don't have our tree decorated yet. )

Nikko

Female (Willow?)

Another pic of the female.

They've met our dogs. We have a 7yr old neutered male and a 1.5yr old intact female (gonna give showing a try) Both are good dogs and have never had issues with other dogs. Our male is especially laid back around others (could tell stories about getting rushed at by rude pitbulls, but that can wait)

We had them meet one at a time in the back porch area (same place you see in the photos) on leash. Our dogs were excited and tails were wagging. Nikko sniffed them a bit, then went back to his nosing the ground. He seemed a bit disappointed that our male was larger than him, he had a kind of amusing expression on his face after sniffing him, a tilted head and a quick submissive flick of the ears. Our female dog found Nikko very appealing. She was very excited sniffing him (you could almost see her thinking "A man! Wow! A real MAN!" LOL!) She even licked his muzzle a few times, something she generally doesn't do with other dogs, even our boy.

The female is not feeling well on account of her mastitis. She is moving carefully, kinda like we do when our stomachs feel really tender and painful. She exchanged sniffs, but gave a soft growl to warn the dogs not to jostle her. Our dogs toned it back and, while tails were still wagging, and gave her more space.

They've been petted by all of us, including our 10yr old son. Nikko, in true husky fashion sat down on my foot and leaned into my legs. Both loaded easily back into their kennels and are chilling there with our dogs. It is, amazingly enough, quiet.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 12:00:42 AM EDT
[#38]
Great!!
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 12:03:24 AM EDT
[#39]
Fluffy does it again! Thank you.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 12:20:21 AM EDT
[#40]
Great news.  Thanks to all involved for making this happen.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 12:24:10 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Fluffy does it again! Thank you.
View Quote

Fluffy is an awesome dude, and he does a hell of a lot for dogs that nobody ever hears about because he doesn't brag.

You all should see the look on my wife's face right now with four huskies under her roof.  She's getting this twinkle in her eye about dry land and sled races this coming year.  We'll need to get that little female fleshed out a bit first, she's painfully thin.  Shouldn't take long.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 12:56:18 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
OK, folks, I just got off the phone with Fluffy.  The dog is coming to my home, where he will have a place with our two current huskies on my wife's sled team (and bouncing around our living room).

He is currently near Atlanta.  Fluffy is looking into flight transport from Atlanta to Seattle (ATL -> SEA), I will pick the dog up at SeaTac here.  We need to figure out how to get the dog from his current location to the airport.  I am checking some leads on my end, but we may need to enlist help from the ARfcom brigade.

If anybody is willing to potentially volunteer to move a dog from the animal control shelter to the airport, please IM me AND Fluffy.  This dog has been through a crazy, not-fun adventure so far and we need to bring him home.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top