Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/15/2014 4:17:28 PM EDT

A year or so ago, I helped rescue a husky in Texas.  I thought all was well with the dog, but I was wrong.

Apparently, the lady who fostered him was using him to breed huskies.  The dog escaped and now he is in the pound. Again.

I need someone to give him a home.  

I am at my wits end.  I have spent literally thousands of dollars on this one dog.  I had him transported from Texas to North Carolina and I only found out that he was in the pound because my name was on the microchip.

I've tried and I've tried and I've tried with this dog.  And now I need some help.

Help!
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 4:19:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Are you saying the dog is a pos?
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 4:20:43 PM EDT
[#2]

There is nothing wrong with the dog.  He just needs a better class of human
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 4:23:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Thousands of US dollars or Canadian?

I'm full up on mammals in the house.... but take this bump for the husky.

You do good things.
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 4:25:51 PM EDT
[#4]
US dollars spent in the US
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 4:27:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Im thinking positive thoughts for the little guy.  Fluffy, did you post this in the North Carolina HTF too?
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 7:51:30 PM EDT
[#6]
I spoke to animal control and he is safe for now.
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 8:12:54 PM EDT
[#7]
where in NC?
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 8:31:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Bump
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 8:42:16 PM EDT
[#9]
I currently have a Husky that I think he around 11 years old (he was a shelter dog as well, passed off through multiple homes in his life before being abandoned) and I couldn't ask for a better fluffball.  How old is this dog?  If someone wants him and he needs to go through Missouri, I can try and help with getting him through.  I'll be gone from 22 Dec-2 Jan though, but if it's after that or this weekend, I'm game.  I can't do much, but I'll do what I can.  I really wish I could just take him in myself, I have a very soft spot for dogs especially Huskies and this story, although brief, is making it duty in here .  How old is he?
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 8:45:12 PM EDT
[#10]
My husky can jump climb or dig her way out of ANYTHING. I use an aircraft cable type lead for her now so she doesnt wind up hit by a car, in the pound, lost, stolen etc. The current people just too stupid to care for a fucking dog?
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 8:50:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My husky can jump climb or dig her way out of ANYTHING. I use an aircraft cable type lead for her now so she doesnt wind up hit by a car, in the pound, lost, stolen etc. The current people just too stupid to care for a fucking dog?
View Quote

I don't think many people really understand that caring for a dog is a lot like caring for a child.  Half the shit I see people do to their dogs they wouldn't do to their kids...but both are one in the same on many levels.  People just fall in love with the Husky looks and when that wears off, they don't want the burden anymore.  Same thing happens with little puppies from the mall store; once they grow up and aren't little and adorable they don't want them.  It aggrevates me to no end, and it's why I will NEVER buy a pet store dog; only shelter.  They need homes more than the ones at the mall.
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 8:54:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

I had one before same issues , I found him once over 4 miles from home just out visiting people ,
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 8:55:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
where in NC?
View Quote

Yup.

Eta. Happy to help with some transport if needed but can't take in any more dogs.
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 8:59:18 PM EDT
[#14]
He is in Georgia.

He is safe for now.  But I need help in staging the longest dog relay of all time.  I need to get that dog to Fort McMurray in northern Alberta.  Then I will find him a sled dog team
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 9:05:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
He is in Georgia.

He is safe for now.  But I need help in staging the longest dog relay of all time.  I need to get that dog to Fort McMurray in northern Alberta.  Then I will find him a sled dog team
View Quote

A bit south of me but if he ends up in the nc sc 77/85 corridor pm me if I can help.
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 9:06:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
He is in Georgia.

View Quote

Wow

I can't help with the relay (I really don't think it goes my way) but that is wonderful of you to help
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 9:08:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I don't think many people really understand that caring for a dog is a lot like caring for a child.  Half the shit I see people do to their dogs they wouldn't do to their kids...but both are one in the same on many levels.  People just fall in love with the Husky looks and when that wears off, they don't want the burden anymore.  Same thing happens with little puppies from the mall store; once they grow up and aren't little and adorable they don't want them.  It aggrevates me to no end, and it's why I will NEVER buy a pet store dog; only shelter.  They need homes more than the ones at the mall.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They still sell dogs in the mall in MO?
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 9:14:16 PM EDT
[#18]
I live just north of Cincinnati.  If your relay comes up I71 / I75 or anywhere near it, you can put me down.  I'd We would love to help.  

Link Posted: 12/15/2014 9:29:17 PM EDT
[#19]
I got ya in Georgia from far south Atlanta to just north of Dalton. (I-75 Almost to Tennessee line.)

Or as far north as Gainesville/ flowery branch on the the other north side. (I-85)

Just let me know...

(Saturday is out though, doing our Xmas early with my kids)

Link Posted: 12/15/2014 10:29:20 PM EDT
[#20]
I'm not in a position to help but here's a thread bump. Good luck!
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 10:32:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Edited...VA-gunnut

Well.

At least I didn't get banned.

And no I don't want to

Link Posted: 12/15/2014 10:36:06 PM EDT
[#22]
That poor dog.

bump!
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 10:38:14 PM EDT
[#23]
I may be in for some driving
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 10:42:45 PM EDT
[#24]
What part of Georgia?

Edit to add- I am currently in Georgia near Savannah and I will be driving from here to Detroit, MI on 12\23 arriving early in the morning on 12\24.  I'd be more than happy to help.
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 10:44:34 PM EDT
[#25]
Threads like this is why I have 5 dogs. 4 outside and one inside. The inside dog showed up with my wife as a tool to get our son over being scared of dogs. The best cure for a Autistic child being scared of dogs was a 24 pound puppy. They are best friends now, and the dog is his shadow.

OP good luck with the dog. I wish I could help.
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 10:51:39 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Edited...VA-gunnut
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/15/2014 11:39:08 PM EDT
[#27]
That's horrible. That's what the people i got my beagle from worries about.

:(

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 11:46:43 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's like that with beagles. Huskies are an even bigger handful.

Your right about dogs being like children too. Now that we have another puppy it's like our life been turned upside down for awhile. Dogs need socializing and training. My older ones are very good but that's because I spent the time with them as a puppy.

Beagles can be excape artists as well. I had a climber and had to extend my fence with hardware cloth till she got too big to climb. It wasn't very pretty but did the trick.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 7:10:13 AM EDT
[#29]
Morning bump.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 7:13:42 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 7:20:19 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 7:27:11 AM EDT
[#32]
Morning bump.  This stud needs a good home.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 7:36:34 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Can you legally import a dog into Canada? Does he have to have some kind of shit record to get past the border? What happens when you say it's not even your dog?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
He is in Georgia.

Can you legally import a dog into Canada? Does he have to have some kind of shit record to get past the border? What happens when you say it's not even your dog?  

When I took my dog from GA to Canada all that was needed was shot records and such. It could be different now and if it isn't the persons dog, but from my experience just seeing he was up to date on health records was good enough for the boarder gestapos .
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 7:51:22 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

He is in Georgia.

Link Posted: 12/16/2014 7:57:01 AM EDT
[#35]
Probably couldn't get him up to New England hmm?
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 1:27:42 PM EDT
[#36]
OK, folks, I just got off the phone with Fluffy.  The dog is coming to my home, where he will have a place with our two current huskies on my wife's sled team (and bouncing around our living room).

He is currently near Atlanta.  Fluffy is looking into flight transport from Atlanta to Seattle (ATL -> SEA), I will pick the dog up at SeaTac here.  We need to figure out how to get the dog from his current location to the airport.  I am checking some leads on my end, but we may need to enlist help from the ARfcom brigade.

If anybody is willing to potentially volunteer to move a dog from the animal control shelter to the airport, please IM me AND Fluffy.  This dog has been through a crazy, not-fun adventure so far and we need to bring him home.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 1:41:54 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Edited...VA-gunnut
View Quote

Don't know what was said but I'm guessing it was mean.

Props to all of you willing or able to help.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 1:48:16 PM EDT
[#38]
Your dog saw your screen name and avatar so he took off.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 1:54:38 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
OK, folks, I just got off the phone with Fluffy.  The dog is coming to my home, where he will have a place with our two current huskies on my wife's sled team (and bouncing around our living room).

He is currently near Atlanta.  Fluffy is looking into flight transport from Atlanta to Seattle (ATL -> SEA), I will pick the dog up at SeaTac here.  We need to figure out how to get the dog from his current location to the airport.  I am checking some leads on my end, but we may need to enlist help from the ARfcom brigade.

If anybody is willing to potentially volunteer to move a dog from the animal control shelter to the airport, please IM me AND Fluffy.  This dog has been through a crazy, not-fun adventure so far and we need to bring him home.
View Quote

Where near Atlanta ? It's kind of a big place
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 1:57:15 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

View Quote
Huzzah!!  

Excellent news.

Link Posted: 12/16/2014 1:57:48 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 12/16/2014 2:00:46 PM EDT
[#42]
Just curious, why wasn't he neutered when fostered?
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 2:27:46 PM EDT
[#43]
[span style='font-weight: bold;']Originally Posted By thor_ducJackso/span]
Just curious, why wasn't he neutered whairportered?
View Quote

Because the foster had bad intentions.  She is allegedly a backyard breeder.

Anyway, I am working on travel details.  And we will need help getting two dogs to the airport

The dogs are in Dallas, Georgia.  And we have to get them to Maynard Jackson International Airport in Atlanta
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 2:32:22 PM EDT
[#44]
I can help with transport through the Knoxville, Tn area. Me and the wife work with a local GSD rescue and do transports regularly.
Let me know.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 2:38:54 PM EDT
[#45]
When would they need to be taken to the airport

Edit: does the airline provide kennels for transport or do they need to be provided?
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 2:39:00 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Anyway, I am working on travel details.  And we will need help getting two dogs to the airport

The dogs are in Dallas, Georgia.  And we have to get them to Maynard Jackson International Airport in Atlanta
View All Quotes
Quoted:

What day?
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 2:42:13 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

He is in Georgia.

View Quote
Ill help if the puppy relay comes through Wa state.

Link Posted: 12/16/2014 2:44:34 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

He is in Georgia.

Scanned chip comes back to FTC as the owner from an earlier post.

Link Posted: 12/16/2014 2:44:54 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
He is in Georgia.

I'll be able to pick up directly from SeaTac.  Thank you, though!
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 2:48:31 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Did you mean Hartsfield airport?

I can do the pick up and drop off. I'm in Dallas a few times a week. And by the airport also.

Let me know when.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top