BCM
User Panel

Page / 105
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 2:31:10 PM EDT
[#1]
I still say that AK > Bullpups > AR.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 2:31:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Well I did pick up a new Colt AR15A4 this week. Figured I will wait till the weather is better for a nice sunny day to take it to the range. Hopefully at least it can make it through a range session without choking on itself. Otherwise, garbage can.

Link Posted: 12/19/2014 2:31:35 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

IS MAKE OF LAUGH FOR HE OF SALES PERSON MOST EFFECTIVE IN REGION OF HELL STAIN MUCH DEFILE INFIDEL.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Please, please tell Rusted Ace more about Paki-Made...

IS MAKE OF LAUGH FOR HE OF SALES PERSON MOST EFFECTIVE IN REGION OF HELL STAIN MUCH DEFILE INFIDEL.

HE FOR OF MAKING OURS GOOD PROFITING SELL TAPE OF MOST MAKE AK RUN FOR EFFECTIVE PAKI-MADE.

-SHAKIRULLAH.

OH YEAH!

The Ayatollah of Cola is back baby!
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 2:32:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 2:32:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
You can't say all Fords are crap
View Quote

YES

WE

CAN
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 2:32:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 2:34:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I don't know what you have seen, I don't know if those were contracted specifically for those people or if you were seeing Paki clones which are complete shit. Trust me, the Paki clones sometimes can be done very well and purposely so- some are done to trick suspecting buyers thinking they are getting a real Russian rifle. I also don't know if you were seeing Iraqi made Yugo rifles either, which I heard can be a hit or miss. I do know that I have owned about a hundred Ak's in my life and the roughest of them ever has consistently been Romanian. Not saying the bugs can't get worked out sending them off to a gunsmith but in general, they definitely needed to be hand picked. Arsenal is probably the best quality along with Polytech Chinese rifles, Hungarian followed by Yugo and Norinco Chinese. Egyptian and Romanian are about equal but I dumped my Egyptian rifles because they weren't any better than my Romanian ones and didn't have scope mounts.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
All your reliability and durability complaints I've read can be attributed to poor machining, poor materials, or poor assembly.

Yes.

Thats AKs.

When people talk about the monkeys assembling guns at Century they should be happy its not chinese/russian/eastern-bloc slaves assembling them.

I don't know what you have seen, I don't know if those were contracted specifically for those people or if you were seeing Paki clones which are complete shit. Trust me, the Paki clones sometimes can be done very well and purposely so- some are done to trick suspecting buyers thinking they are getting a real Russian rifle. I also don't know if you were seeing Iraqi made Yugo rifles either, which I heard can be a hit or miss. I do know that I have owned about a hundred Ak's in my life and the roughest of them ever has consistently been Romanian. Not saying the bugs can't get worked out sending them off to a gunsmith but in general, they definitely needed to be hand picked. Arsenal is probably the best quality along with Polytech Chinese rifles, Hungarian followed by Yugo and Norinco Chinese. Egyptian and Romanian are about equal but I dumped my Egyptian rifles because they weren't any better than my Romanian ones and didn't have scope mounts.

In my first Scout Platoon/HHC Company Arms Room, we literally had 40 different AK variants from all over the globe, Russian billet receiver AK's, ROMAK's, Egyptian AKM's, AKS's, AKMS's, Chicom's.  We used them for foreign weapons training and OPFOR when we would go down to JRTC.  They were all garbage.

When I did a spendex with 1st SFG at Fort Lewis in 1998, we had several East German MPKiMS-74's, and a bunch of ROMAK AKM's.  4 out of 6 of the ROMAK's broke in high volume shooting.  We burned 11,500rds through the 5.45 and 7.62x39 guns in about 4 hours.

I've done high volume with M4's, blasting 1,100rds through just my issued carbine in 4 hours doing CQM, and it never hiccuped, nothing broke.

The AK is a steaming pile of feces in my experience, even on clean, sanitary ranges with no dust or sand.  It breaks by itself, and its reliability record it wholly overrated.  The civvy guns I have fired in the States seem to always malf when I shoot them as well.  Maybe I'm just cursed, and AK's only break around me over the past 30 years?

The only ones I have yet to see a malf on are the Finnish guns, and I've shot them quite a bit.  They are probably the most reliable assault rifles I have used.

For reliability and high volume, the Colt M4/M4A1 is one of the main guns to beat.  Very few guns can undergo high volume like the M4 and keep trucking.  Most guns start breaking critical components, no matter the design.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 2:34:53 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Only downside to VZs is they are a lot less usable on full auto, their light weight and high cyclic rate makes them much less controllable.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

VZ-58's?  Didn't know what they were when I had them, just knew they were a FUCK TON better made than AK's.

Knowing what I know now, it's clear why guys would use them over an AK.

Only downside to VZs is they are a lot less usable on full auto, their light weight and high cyclic rate makes them much less controllable.

Saw a bunch of them get used over a long period, less failures than AKs.

Ergonomics are not the best, definitely better than AKs, I would take one over an AK any day.
Yea...

My fave was my pair of Iranian G3's.   I tried to carry one on patrol all the time but my Co always oppressed me.

Link Posted: 12/19/2014 2:35:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 2:35:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Never had a problem with my Norinco 56s. Besides the shitty ergonomics, sights, safety and the stock that was made for someone who is 5'4"......it has never had a hiccup and ive never really cleaned it either besides a couple hosings of CLP. Like someone else mentioned, it is late 40s Soviet tech so I dont expect much out of it. I put them in the same category as the Garand/M1A, SKS, M1 carbine, etc. Solid rifles that perform well but outdated and obsolete compared to modern offerings. Still fun to shoot and own though.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 2:35:28 PM EDT
[#11]
even the Afghans who will tell you the AK47 is better are arming with M4 rifles because you can hit a Barn with it.

Anyone who says the AK is better probably hasn't had the opportunity to use one.  
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 2:36:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Ugly as a roach taking a shit.  ChiCom fence posts.
View Quote

No shit! Almost too ugly to touch. Certainly wouldn't own one.
And most importantly, I've never had to worry about someone outshooting me with an AK.

Link Posted: 12/19/2014 2:38:00 PM EDT
[#13]

Originally Posted By RustedAce

Who me?
View Quote
You?  Nooooooo.....

Link Posted: 12/19/2014 2:38:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
From the shotgun vs AR for home protection to this thread.
You have no respect for other's opnions if they differ from yours.
View Quote

What's wrong with mocking the shotguns for home defense retards?
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 2:39:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Never fired one, would like too but i think the M16 is still a better platform
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 2:41:27 PM EDT
[#16]
You guys are choking on your own bullshit seriously. I have several AK's with over 15K rounds through them each that have never once malfunctioned since I owned them.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 2:42:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

It ain't that my butt hurts, it's my enjoyment of a decent conversation where I can learn something.
The same old tired shit "I've been down range, I know more than you do about anything related to firearms" that offends my sensibilities.
Throw in the sarcasm and putting others down, and it is pretty offensive, especially when it happens so often.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
pit! pit! pit! pit!  

I don't think the pit would be bad for him.
. He needs to drop the keyboard and associate with folks in person.

Then step up and start a thread instead of fucking up this one with your butthurt.

It ain't that my butt hurts, it's my enjoyment of a decent conversation where I can learn something.
The same old tired shit "I've been down range, I know more than you do about anything related to firearms" that offends my sensibilities.
Throw in the sarcasm and putting others down, and it is pretty offensive, especially when it happens so often.

In short, being wrong makes you hurt feels?
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 2:42:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 2:42:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Never had a problem with my Norinco 56s. Besides the shitty ergonomics, sights, safety and the stock that was made for someone who is 5'4"......it has never had a hiccup and ive never really cleaned it either besides a couple hosings of CLP. Like someone else mentioned, it is late 40s Soviet tech so I dont expect much out of it. I put them in the same category as the Garand/M1A, SKS, M1 carbine, etc. Solid rifles that perform well but outdated and obsolete compared to modern offerings. Still fun to shoot and own though.
View Quote

Like the 1950's AR?

LOL

Both rifles are fucking outdated. We're just arguing for the sake of arguing.

Link Posted: 12/19/2014 2:44:14 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
From the shotgun vs AR for home protection to this thread.
You have no respect for other's opnions if they differ from yours.

Nothing.  Common sense and decency demands their ridicule by those of us who live under the yellow sun.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 2:45:05 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
We're just arguing for the sake of arguing.

View Quote

No you're arguing... the rest of us are just laughing at you....
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 2:45:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Ten inch steel plates are pretty much the norm for what I shoot. Generally I can hit them out to 300 yards with irons and 400 with an optic for any type of consistency with rapid fire.
View Quote

You ever shoot an oxygen bottle at 1000yards ?
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 2:45:39 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Did you check to see if they were Pakistani made?

I have seen pictures on the internet that indicate that many AKs may actually be made in Pakistan!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You guys are choking on your own bullshit seriously. I have several AK's with over 15K rounds through them each that have never once malfunctioned since I owned them.

I have seen pictures on the internet that indicate that many AKs may actually be made in Pakistan!

I did once pass on buying a Paki made "Russian clone" "bakelite" (cheap plastic not the real thing) AK mag, it had a piece of brass instead of steel for the locking tab.  If that was any indication of what those poor bastards might be fielding, I can see why you've come to your conclusions.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 2:50:05 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
All your reliability and durability complaints I've read can be attributed to poor machining, poor materials, or poor assembly.

Yes.

Thats AKs.

When people talk about the monkeys assembling guns at Century they should be happy its not chinese/russian/eastern-bloc slaves assembling them.

I heard it gets you laid.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 2:50:06 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ten inch steel plates are pretty much the norm for what I shoot. Generally I can hit them out to 300 yards with irons and 400 with an optic for any type of consistency with rapid fire.

No. Why?
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 2:52:08 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I did once pass on buying a Paki made "Russian clone" "bakelite" (cheap plastic not the real thing) AK mag, it had a piece of brass instead of steel for the locking tab.  If that was any indication of what those poor bastards might be fielding, I can see why you've come to your conclusions.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol, you're the best.

Link Posted: 12/19/2014 2:52:26 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

View Quote
RA and others who share his opinion on this have trained many thousands of foreign troops, using a wide variety of combloc factory manufactured AKs, right out of the factory crates.  I think their experience with AKs, and their reliability, is several orders of magnitude above yours.

Guns from combloc factories, intended for military contracts, are shoddy pieces of shit.  Better made ones will likely give better results, but still have so many ergonomic, weight, fire control, sighting, and modularity issues that they are nowhere near an AR, particularly with the prices on well built (not by Slav slaves) AKs soaring, that it's an easy choice, if your job doesn't entail sitting out in public in your village, drooling on yourself.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 2:52:28 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 2:55:01 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

THIS IS OF SCIENCE FACT.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

THIS IS OF SCIENCE FACT.

SCIENCE 1: MOON TOO SMALL, MAN NO WALK MOON, WOULD FALL OFF.

SCIENCE 2: HELICOPTER MAKE GO BY LIFT OFF, EARTH ROTATION TO WHERE YOU MAKE LAND, HELICOPTER MAKE LOWER.

SCIENCE 3: BALA GRAB.

SCIENCE 4: WE CANNOT CATCH THIS GUY.

SCIENCE 5: PAKI-MADE GETS YOU LAID.
SCIENCE 6:  GOAT IS LIVESTOCK...WITH BENEFITS

Link Posted: 12/19/2014 2:55:34 PM EDT
[#30]
Real answer is get both.  Variety is where it's at.  Burgers are delicious, but you'll get tired of them eating them every day.  Every now and then you want Chinese.  

*These images are Arfcom Burka approved.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 2:56:09 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 2:56:47 PM EDT
[#32]

Link Posted: 12/19/2014 2:57:30 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

THIS IS OF SCIENCE FACT.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

THIS IS OF SCIENCE FACT.

SCIENCE 2: HELICOPTER MAKE GO BY LIFT OFF, EARTH ROTATION TO WHERE YOU MAKE LAND, HELICOPTER MAKE LOWER.

Perhaps this is why my AK is not as accurate as I'd hoped:  I don't have any Paki-tape.  And I've apparently been praying to the wrong god while holding the AK over my head and dumping mags.  
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 2:58:36 PM EDT
[#34]

I have six of those turds. They are OK. If you want a real rifle, get an AK.

Link Posted: 12/19/2014 2:59:34 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

THIS IS OF SCIENCE FACT.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

THIS IS OF SCIENCE FACT.

Link Posted: 12/19/2014 3:00:06 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

IM SEE YOU HAVE MAKE LEARN MADRASA AS OF PRESIDENT OBAMA ALSO GO.

FOR MAKE RESPECT, MUCH LEARN SCIENCE YOU KNOW.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
SCIENCE 6:  GOAT IS LIVESTOCK...WITH BENEFITS  

IM SEE YOU HAVE MAKE LEARN MADRASA AS OF PRESIDENT OBAMA ALSO GO.

FOR MAKE RESPECT, MUCH LEARN SCIENCE YOU KNOW.

x87
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 3:00:06 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Like the 1950's AR?

LOL

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Like the 1950's AR?

LOL

The AR design was and is genius and was far ahead of its time. Eugene Stoner was a visionary.

The AK just copied design features and ideas from existing weapons of pre WW2 through the end of the war. Kalashnikov was a bright guy but he was no JMB or Eugene Stoner.

Link Posted: 12/19/2014 3:00:07 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I have six of those turds. They are OK. If you want a real rifle, get an AK.

View Quote

The AK is a piece of crap, its got a chunk of wood on it.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 3:00:15 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

THIS IS OF SCIENCE FACT.

Perhaps this is why my AK is not as accurate as I'd hoped:  I don't have any Paki-tape.  And I've apparently been praying to the wrong god while holding the AK over my head and dumping mags.  
THE MULLAHS STATE YOU MUST ADORN YOUR RIFLE WITH WHOREFACE STICKERS TO BE HALLAL!!!

SALLAM!!!!

Link Posted: 12/19/2014 3:10:28 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

"Never once malfunctioned" = All malfunctions (so far) have been correctable in the field, so I don't count those.

15k and no malfs is statistically impossible.

ALL machines fuck up, sooner or later.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 3:11:48 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not enough. Pakis hijack factory shipments from China and Russia and replace the factory rifles with Paki rifles.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 3:14:31 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

The AR design was and is genius and was far ahead of its time. Eugene Stoner was a visionary.

The AK just copied design features and ideas from existing weapons of pre WW2 through the end of the war. Kalashnikov was a bright guy but he was no JMB or Eugene Stoner.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Like the 1950's AR?

LOL

You think if Stoner was so visionary he could have seen that carbon being dumped back into the receiver probably isn't the best idea? At least he tried to address the matter with the AR18. The AK at least, despite all it's ergonomic drawbacks, is visionary in this one area.

Link Posted: 12/19/2014 3:16:44 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

You think if Stoner was so visionary he could have seen that carbon being dumped back into the receiver probably isn't the best idea? At least he tried to address the matter with the AR18. The AK at least, despite all it's ergonomic drawbacks, is visionary in this one area.

View Quote

Except for those rifles which go thousands of rounds without cleaning and don't malfunction. See Mike Pannone's test, or BCM's filthy 14.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 3:18:09 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

THIS IS OF SCIENCE FACT.

THE MULLAHS STATE YOU MUST ADORN YOUR RIFLE WITH WHOREFACE STICKERS TO BE HALLAL!!!
SALLAM!!!!

Tape I can do, but I fear the WHOREFACE stickers will not fit on the wire stock.  Would WHOREFACE stickers on the magazines be sufficient for Halal purposes?  I've also seen Tier Hadj Operators operating with individual rounds mounted to the rifle itself.  I presume this is to adjust the barrel harmonics for each individual weapon (like the sliding-weight thing on the Mini-14's a few years ago) as well as providing a handy last-ditch "you'll never take me alive" round.   Do you know where I might find 7.62x39 single-round mounts?  Or is this feature going to require some custom work from a back alley in Peshawar?

This is what I'm working with

I'm really trying to wring as much accuracy as I can out of this weapon, so I'm willing to try anything apart from cleaning it or adjusting the sights.  

Link Posted: 12/19/2014 3:18:37 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

No... he was smart enough to realize that said carbon DOESN'T DO A FUCKING THING TO KEEP THE GUN FROM WORKING!!!!

The AR18 was developed as a cheaper stamped/piston alternative for mudhut dwellers that couldn't handle the real machining and manufacturing required to make the AR15 series.

The only "vision" involved win the "Kalshnikov design" is the vision of the Soviet troop who found Hugo Schmeisser poking around Suhl after the Allies has already wrung out his knowledge and found it wanting.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 3:20:21 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I'm really trying to wring as much accuracy as I can out of this weapon, so I'm willing to try anything apart from cleaning it or adjusting the sights.  

View Quote

SUMMON COURAGE OF TRUE BELIEVER AND STAND CLOSER TO TARGET!!!!
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 3:20:48 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Yeah totally original thread I know but humor me.....Why do some of you hate the AK?
View Quote

One of the most reliable and durable weapons ever conceived.  Love 'em!  Especially well-built Arsenals!
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 3:21:48 PM EDT
[#48]
We need to follow up this with a Bullpup bash thread.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 3:23:16 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Tape I can do, but I fear the WHOREFACE stickers will not fit on the wire stock.  Would WHOREFACE stickers on the magazines be sufficient for Halal purposes?  I've also seen Tier Hadj Operators operating with individual rounds mounted to the rifle itself.  I presume this is to adjust the barrel harmonics for each individual weapon (like the sliding-weight thing on the Mini-14's a few years ago) as well as providing a handy last-ditch "you'll never take me alive" round.   Do you know where I might find 7.62x39 single-round mounts?  Or is this feature going to require some custom work from a back alley in Peshawar?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

SALLAM!!!!

This is what I'm working with

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o222/ag05aggie/74ae8745-f9e9-471e-9088-1559de02fc21_zpse05feceb.jpg

Very often, the individual rounds are a trio of 5.56 in links, around the barrel, rather than 7.62x39 or 5.45x39.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 3:23:49 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
You think if Stoner was so visionary he could have seen that carbon being dumped back into the receiver probably isn't the best idea?
View Quote

So you totally just went to "it shits where it eats"

Page / 105
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top