Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 105
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 11:58:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Mostly saw the Talibs with 82mm mortars, atleast thats the largest number of rounds we found.

<a href="http://s1294.photobucket.com/user/Aeain/media/DSC00212_zps78d03ec5.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1294.photobucket.com/albums/b608/Aeain/DSC00212_zps78d03ec5.jpg</a>
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I like the bigger-is-better-bring-back-battleships line of thinking where NLOS/IDF weapons are concerned. Bigger boom betterest.

Also I figured the Taliban would be using the bigger stuff.

Mostly saw the Talibs with 82mm mortars, atleast thats the largest number of rounds we found.

<a href="http://s1294.photobucket.com/user/Aeain/media/DSC00212_zps78d03ec5.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1294.photobucket.com/albums/b608/Aeain/DSC00212_zps78d03ec5.jpg</a>

I bet every one of those was destin for the px or dfac on the days we came back in for refit.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 12:01:04 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

As does an issue M4 with M855.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What I am disputing is his 5 round string claim.

5.56 AR heats up faster than as 7.62 AK. During a 5 round stringfrom cold bore, the AK will not widen out 2-3".
Well, of course not.

It starts there.

Except the M4 stays there...

Link Posted: 12/17/2014 12:03:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
What I am disputing is his 5 round string claim.

5.56 AR heats up faster than as 7.62 AK. During a 5 round stringfrom cold bore, the AK will not widen out 2-3".
Well, of course not.

It starts there.

Link Posted: 12/17/2014 12:08:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I bet every one of those was destin for the px or dfac on the days we came back in for refit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I like the bigger-is-better-bring-back-battleships line of thinking where NLOS/IDF weapons are concerned. Bigger boom betterest.

Also I figured the Taliban would be using the bigger stuff.

Maybe.

Found these in 2009 around the area where Extortion 17 was shot down 2 years later
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 12:11:23 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I've been known to eat a quality cut steak cooked blue, prefer medium rare for the lower quality cuts.

If a steak has to be cooked well done it's a shitty steak.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I wonder how both camps feel about cast iron an non stick.

Don't really care one way or the other so long as the user cooks his food completely and it tastes good to them.

Or whether they like AKs or ARs. That is called appreciating someone's freedom to make their own choices and opinions.

LOL you like well done meat, now the picture is coming into focus

Well cooked meat keeps you from getting wormy. It is obvious you like it raw....

I've been known to eat a quality cut steak cooked blue, prefer medium rare for the lower quality cuts.

If a steak has to be cooked well done it's a shitty steak.
He get his meat from garbage can where is stored AK.

Link Posted: 12/17/2014 12:13:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I hope you are trying to be funny....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Frequently I hear people on the internet say that AR15s break all the time because of the clips.  

Ugh, I mean the gun has a forward assist because of all the malfunctions it has, what a joke.

After a lot of research, there's enough proof out there for me to decide which platform is best for militia use with my fellow oath keepers.  

Rattling plasticky guns that can't survive combat are not what a citizen warrior should use.

Our colonels agreed and now we all use AKs.

Crappy stoner rifles are toys for gun gamers and gecko-loving mall ninjas.  

Kalashnikovs are for true infantrymen.

I hope you are trying to be funny....

Obvious satire is obvious.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 12:24:38 PM EDT
[#7]
i'll be honest, it's a communist born weapon and used by our enemies to kill our servicemen. it's really that simple for me. to each their own, they work and are very poplar in the shooting communities, just not for me
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 12:35:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
i'll be honest, it's a communist born weapon and used by our enemies to kill our servicemen. it's really that simple for me. to each their own, they work and are very poplar in the shooting communities, just not for me
View Quote

Post and avatar do not match sentiments with one another
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 6:14:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I know that I prefer an M14 platform
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/17/2014 6:27:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Using them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
When YOUR failure rate is 87x higher than everyone else's where does the problem lie?

Using them.

Link Posted: 12/17/2014 6:34:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Yeah totally original thread I know but humor me.....Why do some of you hate the AK?
View Quote

I am Czech.
AK is Russian. Thats enough.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 6:35:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I am Czech.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yeah totally original thread I know but humor me.....Why do some of you hate the AK?

I am Czech.

Neither one of my AK's is Russian.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 6:50:10 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I am Czech.

Which soviet satellite state did they originate from?

Link Posted: 12/17/2014 7:03:09 PM EDT
[#14]

LOL out of steam then?

What's the farthest you've ever shot an AR (accurately)?

Link Posted: 12/17/2014 7:13:52 PM EDT
[#15]
The sort of dick-waving contests like these that the carbine crowd get into make me glad I stick to actual rifle calibers.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 7:13:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
LOL out of steam then?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
LOL out of steam then?

About 350 with a Hubble sized scope
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 7:28:04 PM EDT
[#17]
New member to this forum but not new to ak's . Ak-47 and Akm type weapons are late 1940's tech. The only thing i can say is the ak family of weapons are effective when zeroed and depending on country of origin and build quality i have a Romanian WASR-10/63 Underfolder with Wolf/Tula ammo that shoots like a milled Ak or a 5.56mm galil rifle. Its laser accurate like 1-2 inchs at 100 yards. I think someone should modernize the 7.62*39mm and 7.62*54R Rounds they are effective rounds.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 7:37:32 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

New member to this forum but not new to ak's . Ak-47 and Akm type weapons are late 1940's tech. The only thing i can say is the ak family of weapons are effective when zeroed and depending on country of origin and build quality i have a Romanian WASR-10/63 Underfolder with Wolf/Tula ammo that shoots like a milled Ak or a 5.56mm galil rifle. Its laser accurate like 1-2 inchs at 100 yards. I think someone should modernize the 7.62*39mm and 7.62*54R Rounds they are effective rounds.
View Quote
I am skeptical of your findings, and would welcome the opportunity to examine your data.
Welcome to the forum!

Link Posted: 12/17/2014 9:20:32 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I am skeptical of your findings, and would welcome the opportunity to examine your data.Welcome to the forum!  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I am skeptical of your findings, and would welcome the opportunity to examine your data.Welcome to the forum!  

Isn't one, three shot group good enough?
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 9:50:23 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
The sort of dick-waving contests like these that the carbine crowd get into make me glad I stick to actual rifle calibers.
View Quote

6.5 mm or larger at minimum 2600 fps muzzle velocity or faster, or stay off the rifle range where the SERIOUS shooters go!
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 9:55:19 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

View Quote

Well...think of it like this-  There are stories German soldiers in World War 2 liked to use captured M1 Carbines.  Given a choice of using a K98 or an M1 Carbine for fighting in hedgerows or urban settings, I'd agree with them.  If your enemy makes something useful, there's no reason to discard it just because you don't like them, or what they stand for.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 10:11:36 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I know you think you're doing the internet a favor by greybearding, and that you might be the second coming of gun Jesus because you M1A and teach NRA...

You're pretty much out of your league in this thread, which is fine there's sub forums that will provide safe harbor for you to echo chamber in.

The best part is, I'm not saying anything different than a lot of other posters in here, gonna get crushes on them too?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know that I prefer an M14 platform over the AK or AR though I have shot both extensively, own both, and trained others to shoot them in NRA programs such as Women on Target and Individual instruction.
Ahh, so you're an NRA instructor who likes America's worst service rifle.

I also know that others are entitled to their opinions and shouldn't be ridiculed by some gunshop commando who thinks he is the internet guru of all gun threads.
Awwww....  good thing I'm not a gunshop commando.

Now lay out your overwhelming ego and experience and split times for all to see to convince all others you are the gun fighting pro of all time!
http://www.officialmilitaryribbons.com/images/military_ribbon_products_207x56/combat-action-bumpersticker-0.jpg

Well, maybe not a gun fighting pro of all time, but I was paid professionally to train and fight with guns.
I also ran classes and private training when I go out, although it wasn't NRA so I could actually teach people modern up to date stuff.

Your arguments always end up with you comparing yourself to others to prove how right you are as evidenced by your statement enlarged and highlighted in blue above.
Yes, it does.  It's also the same reason I compete in shooting, so I can see how well my skills stack against other peoples.
Then people like you come along, and get screaming butt hurt.   It's pretty common.

You obviously try to put put others down to make yourself feel good.
No, I train, practice, meet, shoot with, and generally do everything I can to be the best at everything I do including shooting.

It is pathetic.
No, not really.  Maybe to you, but that doesn't matter.

People make their choices and their decisions. They may be good decisions and they may be happy with them or unhappy.
They may take advice of others or not.
So what if their opinion is different than yours?
Then it makes for threads like this.

I know you think you're doing the internet a favor by greybearding, and that you might be the second coming of gun Jesus because you M1A and teach NRA...

You're pretty much out of your league in this thread, which is fine there's sub forums that will provide safe harbor for you to echo chamber in.

The best part is, I'm not saying anything different than a lot of other posters in here, gonna get crushes on them too?

Did you just award your post a CAR?

Are you one of those guys that drives around with a big, giant CAR on the back window of his POV too?

Dude, just stop.  It's the internet.  The man is entitled to his opinion, regardless of whether you've been downrange or not.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 10:23:52 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know i am not the only one here that has an ak that is dead on and  my yugo M70 with RPK Receiver does the same thing gonna still say its  more accurate then one would expect an ak to be. with a new barrel and new built parts from my personal experience a Akm Can more then accurate. My UFWASR with new chrome-lined barrel and sighted in is my most  accurate. 1-2 MOA doesn't shoot 1-2 moa all day but it has.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 10:48:34 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Are you one of those guys that drives around with a big, giant CAR on the back window of his POV too?

Dude, just stop.  It's the internet.  The man is entitled to his opinion, regardless of whether you've been downrange or not.
View Quote
LOL yes.  
Only thing on my car is a little EGA to avoid speeding tickets.
If you're going to tell me to stop, are you going to tell everyone else here as well?  

Link Posted: 12/19/2014 8:22:04 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know that I prefer an M14 platform over the AK or AR though I have shot both extensively, own both, and trained others to shoot them in NRA programs such as Women on Target and Individual instruction.
Ahh, so you're an NRA instructor who likes America's worst service rifle.

I also know that others are entitled to their opinions and shouldn't be ridiculed by some gunshop commando who thinks he is the internet guru of all gun threads.
Awwww....  good thing I'm not a gunshop commando.

Now lay out your overwhelming ego and experience and split times for all to see to convince all others you are the gun fighting pro of all time!
http://www.officialmilitaryribbons.com/images/military_ribbon_products_207x56/combat-action-bumpersticker-0.jpg

Well, maybe not a gun fighting pro of all time, but I was paid professionally to train and fight with guns.
I also ran classes and private training when I go out, although it wasn't NRA so I could actually teach people modern up to date stuff.

Your arguments always end up with you comparing yourself to others to prove how right you are as evidenced by your statement enlarged and highlighted in blue above.
Yes, it does.  It's also the same reason I compete in shooting, so I can see how well my skills stack against other peoples.
Then people like you come along, and get screaming butt hurt.   It's pretty common.

You obviously try to put put others down to make yourself feel good.
No, I train, practice, meet, shoot with, and generally do everything I can to be the best at everything I do including shooting.

It is pathetic.
No, not really.  Maybe to you, but that doesn't matter.

People make their choices and their decisions. They may be good decisions and they may be happy with them or unhappy.
They may take advice of others or not.
So what if their opinion is different than yours?
Then it makes for threads like this.

He can't stop. He is always telling others they make bad choices if they don't agree with him.
Then he pulls his veterans card and gun shop experience to try to prove his opinion is better than anyone else's.
He makes false statements about others that he really thinks about himself. See the highlights in blue.
I've seen it repeatedly in one thread after another. It is getting pathetic.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 8:31:10 AM EDT
[#26]
Yay! The hate continues...
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 8:41:50 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 8:45:32 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

snip

He can't stop. He is always telling others they make bad choices if they don't agree with him.

Then he pulls his veterans card and gun shop experience to try to prove his opinion is better than anyone else's.

He makes false statements about others that he really thinks about himself. See the highlights in blue.

View Quote
So put me on ignore and stop chasing me around threads ankle biting.

The best part is...  all the threads you mention are joke threads, and everyone else is in on it.

Link Posted: 12/19/2014 8:54:48 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

The best part is...  all the threads you mention are joke threads, and everyone else is in on it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
snip

No, I'm not chasing you around. You are in ALL these type threads. From the shotgun vs AR for home protection to this thread.
You have no respect for other's opnions if they differ from yours.
You say you are an instructor?
Most instructors know that some people you will not reach, especially by putting down their opinions and alienating them. You go on and help those you can.
Not you. You precede to tell people they don't know jack shit and then hype yourself up by putting them down.
Get a life outside of the internet.
I understand if you are laid up and need some diversion. Only too well or I wouldn't be wasting my time here or on your pathetic egocentric posts.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 8:55:17 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

So I can't add an IR illuminator, laser, or NV/thermal optic to an AK?

Did they stop producing picatinny rails and handguards for them now or what?

LOL

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
OK. We get it. You have a boner for tacticalling the fuck out of your fancy AR and using high dollar night vision and IR equipment that the average person throughout the world has no use for, no knowledge of, or no money to play with.

The typical shooter doesn't need that shit.

"Not being able to afford" and "not benefiting from" are not the same thing.
You're vastly uninformed, or never intend to use your firearms for anything if you think night vision is just a toy.

So I can't add an IR illuminator, laser, or NV/thermal optic to an AK?

Did they stop producing picatinny rails and handguards for them now or what?

LOL

Bahiyaa has one on hers!

the chick not the weapon!
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 8:56:35 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Fixed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Flame suit on!  http://i.imgur.com/piasmA4.jpg

Fixed.

Link Posted: 12/19/2014 8:56:36 AM EDT
[#32]

Yes, Madcap 72 does it in thread after thread.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 9:08:40 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

snip

No, I'm not chasing you around. You are in ALL these type threads. From the shotgun vs AR for home protection to this thread.

View Quote
You mean the threads where people laugh and joke and fuck around and have a good time then guys like you wonder in, think it's super serious and get all butt hurt?  

You are correct, I am in ALL those types of threads.

The best part is you're mimicking what you accuse me of doing.  
You'll get it figured out one of these days.

Link Posted: 12/19/2014 9:13:01 AM EDT
[#34]
wAnder.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 9:13:05 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Link Posted: 12/19/2014 9:15:22 AM EDT
[#36]
I think daa9mm likes you Madcap.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 9:17:33 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

I think daa9mm likes you Madcap.
View Quote
I think he does too
Here I am, only wanting to trash talk AK's like everyone else and he's derailing the thread....

Shit... you'd figure the thread title would be clue enough...

Link Posted: 12/19/2014 9:23:25 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not possible.

The inherent (in)accuracy of the round itself is about 4moa.

Link Posted: 12/19/2014 9:27:20 AM EDT
[#39]
So you're saying if you load a high quality .311 bullet in 7.62x39 it's gonna be the same 4 moa as a lopsided Tula projectile?
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 9:40:20 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Not possible.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not possible.

4 rounds, 100yds, 4x scope, 123gr Hornady Vmax steel case, factory load.  Wolf 122gr HP hovers right at 2"  WASR 10.  As you can see, 3 of those 4 rounds are under an inch.

Link Posted: 12/19/2014 9:45:52 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

4 rounds, 100yds, 4x scope, 123gr Hornady Vmax steel case, factory load.  Wolf 122gr HP hovers right at 2"  WASR 10.  As you can see, 3 of those 4 rounds are under an inch.

http://i1128.photobucket.com/albums/m485/the444shooter/Snapbucket/1585BCCE_zpsc20a54bc.jpg

http://i1128.photobucket.com/albums/m485/the444shooter/Snapbucket/55B855C8_zpsbd7b2573.jpg

View Quote
So, what's 10 rounds look like?  Or 20?

Link Posted: 12/19/2014 9:56:57 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

<a href="http://s1128.photobucket.com/user/the444shooter/media/Snapbucket/1585BCCE_zpsc20a54bc.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1128.photobucket.com/albums/m485/the444shooter/Snapbucket/1585BCCE_zpsc20a54bc.jpg</a>
<a href="http://s1128.photobucket.com/user/the444shooter/media/Snapbucket/55B855C8_zpsbd7b2573.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1128.photobucket.com/albums/m485/the444shooter/Snapbucket/55B855C8_zpsbd7b2573.jpg</a>
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not possible.

<a href="http://s1128.photobucket.com/user/the444shooter/media/Snapbucket/1585BCCE_zpsc20a54bc.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1128.photobucket.com/albums/m485/the444shooter/Snapbucket/1585BCCE_zpsc20a54bc.jpg</a>
<a href="http://s1128.photobucket.com/user/the444shooter/media/Snapbucket/55B855C8_zpsbd7b2573.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1128.photobucket.com/albums/m485/the444shooter/Snapbucket/55B855C8_zpsbd7b2573.jpg</a>

So where did the rest of the rounds go?
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 10:08:26 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i1128.photobucket.com/albums/m485/the444shooter/Snapbucket/1585BCCE_zpsc20a54bc.jpg
http://i1128.photobucket.com/albums/m485/the444shooter/Snapbucket/55B855C8_zpsbd7b2573.jpg

Don't know, but that fact that 4 rounds of steel-cased 7.62x39 out of a thin barrel slow-fire stayed under 2" is pretty awesome, in my opinion.   I also don't know what 10rds or 20rds would look like through a standard chrome-lined M4 w/ 4x scope, either.  I love both platforms, but blanket statements about AKs being inaccurate irritate the shit out of me.

I'd love to see what my gun will do, and will eventually put it back into that configuration, but as of now, it looks like this:

I'd welcome you to do the same w/ a chrome-lined, M4 style carbine w/ 4x optics and no upgrades to the trigger.  (mine is just a tapco as it came from Century)  Please post the results of 10-20rds slow-fire, STEEL-CASED ammunition.  It will likely be smaller, no contention from me there, but saying the AK is inaccurate is just ignorant.  

What do you think 10-20rds of 270 or 30-06 would look like through a Standard, sporter-barreled Remington 700?  I'd venture those rounds would start to walk as well, and yet you don't hear people saying the Remington 700 (or Savage, Winchester, fill in the blank) is an inherently inaccurate platform.

My SGL-21 cloverleafs 3rds at 50yds with just a Bushnell TRS-25 red dot, so I'll see how it does as well.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 10:10:57 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not possible.

So, you're saying that a 7.62x39 bolt gun, like a CZ-527, is only capable of 4MOA, due to the round?  Now I know you're just trolling.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 10:19:24 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

So, you're saying that a 7.62x39 bolt gun, like a CZ-527, is only capable of 4MOA, due to the round?  Now I know you're just trolling.
View Quote

If shooting Russian steel cased crap, sure.

The fact that you had to resort to a single 4-round group is telling.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 10:21:49 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
Don't know, but that fact that 4 rounds of steel-cased 7.62x39 out of a thin barrel slow-fire stayed under 2" is pretty awesome, in my opinion.   I also don't know what 10rds or 20rds would look like through a standard chrome-lined M4 w/ 4x scope, either.  I love both platforms, but blanket statements about AKs being inaccurate irritate the shit out of me.

I'd love to see what my gun will do, and will eventually put it back into that configuration, but as of now, it looks like this:

http://i1128.photobucket.com/albums/m485/the444shooter/Snapbucket/6D71ED19.jpg

I'd welcome you to do the same w/ a chrome-lined, M4 style carbine w/ 4x optics and no upgrades to the trigger.  (mine is just a tapco as it came from Century)  Please post the results of 10-20rds slow-fire, STEEL-CASED ammunition.  It will likely be smaller, no contention from me there, but saying the AK is inaccurate is just ignorant.  

What do you think 10-20rds of 270 or 30-06 would look like through a Standard, sporter-barreled Remington 700?  I'd venture those rounds would start to walk as well, and yet you don't hear people saying the Remington 700 (or Savage, Winchester, fill in the blank) is an inherently inaccurate platform.

My SGL-21 cloverleafs 3rds at 50yds with just a Bushnell TRS-25 red dot, so I'll see how it does as well.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think 10-20 rounds of Federal GMM 30-06 through a regular old M700 would be damn good. I dont think Wolf 7.62x39 is consistent enough ammo to shoot reliably small groups in anything, regardless of the weapon design.

Link Posted: 12/19/2014 10:22:47 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

in an extreme close up no less to crop out all the other shitty group members
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 10:23:44 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It was printing impressively with both 122gr HP Tula/Wolf, and so I decided to slow fire some of the 123gr Vmax, and that's the one that I took the picture of.  

You're still not shaking my confidence in my AKs.  Try again.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 10:24:58 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Other rounds were not part of the group, so why include them in the picture?
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 10:32:52 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

snip

Well...

It's... 4 rounds so it counts as a group-ish.  Slow fire, four rounds... Doesn't really say anything about the gun's accuracy or yours as the shooter.

While blanket statements may irritate you, there is a LOT of collective experience with AK's here, and the general consensus is that they just don't have "it" in the accuracy dept.

As for your analogy with the Rem .270/ .30-06, I can tell you with experience that yes, they walk ALL OVER he place.  Especially my Win M70 .270.  I can only fire 4-5 rounds before the barrel becomes heat effected, and the groups open WAY up.  10-20 rounds?  I'd be lucky to hold 7-8 MOA but I've never pushed it that far as there's no point.

And yea, even though it's a hunting rifle meant to be fired only one or twice, no way would I call a factory pencil barrel accurate, especially for repeatable accuracy over a long string of rounds.  I think many people in the PR field would agree.   Thin barrels with poor if any post machining stress relief.

The M4/ AR mechanical accuracy is pretty well established.  The FN CHF barreled guns especially.

I've shot a lot at 500 with irons, with M-16's it's a gimmie. Never had a problem running rapid fire strings with accuracy shifting.  Then again that was all brass cased.  Not that it really matters.
One interesting thing, is how poorly most AK's are crowned.   Had a buddy send a cheap WASR off to get something done to it, can't remember what, but he had the barrel match crowned as a joke to see what accuracy improvements there were.   I had benched it with him at 100 before to set a baseline, and after it came back the groups were significantly smaller.  Been a long time but IIRC it went from 5" groups to 3.5-4".  
I guess that's the crux of the issue when talking about AK's and accuracy, you may think it's ignorant that people call Ak's inaccurate, but the real question is, what is their level of mechanical accuracy?  

Page / 105
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top