BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 12:14:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I actually think it's illegal in some places.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
PETA fucks, and liberal douche remnants are the only ones bitching.

You would be surprised by how many deer hunters are also against it.

Please cite sources?   They screw up genetics in animals and typically are encouraged to be exterminated.
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 12:14:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Why?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bad luck to kill an Albino deer.

Why?

cause pawpaw said so

GR
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 12:14:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Since when do does have antlers?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
A friend shot an 8 point doe roughly 10 years ago.

It was a tranny
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 12:14:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Wow PETA people are crazy!

I passed on one myself many years ago. It was during a driving snow storm on the last day of the season in the final hours of the day. The woods were dead silent and nothing was moving. I was in deep woods, it was getting dark and the snow was starting to coat the sides of the trees facing north. When looking that direction, all you could see was blank white with a twig or stick here and there. A small albino buck appeared silently (almost magically) from nowhere. I was watching that direction the entire time and I really don't know where he came from. He was suddenly just there. He was digging through the snow with his hooves, trying to forage the last of the grass. The whole scene was so freaky that I found myself  paralyzed and could do nothing but watch him disappear into the wilderness. Weird!
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 12:15:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Interesting, never heard of that before.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It happens sometimes.

You still have to tag them with your buck tag though.

That's why the tag has a checkbox for sex and they are called antlered and anterless deer tags instead of buck and doe tags.

Interesting, never heard of that before.

I've only seen it once so far, spike horn. The guy went to gut it and it had a bag and lady parts.
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 12:16:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Duck Rescue .... LL
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 12:17:34 PM EDT
[#7]
rare doe with antlers

According to biologists, it’s actually more like a once in many lifetimes thing.

“I think the last number I heard at a scientific meeting was something like one in about 10,000 will have antlers,” said Grant Woods, a Missouri-based biologist with 25 years’ experience researching whitetail deer who hosts a television show on deer management. “It’s rare, but it’s certainly going to happen.”
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 12:24:17 PM EDT
[#8]
I might have let it go... it made it to 10 points and wouldn't taste very good... on the other hand that would be one hell of a conversation piece if I took it to a taxidermist.

Albino doe? FOOD
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 12:24:43 PM EDT
[#9]
the piebalds need to be culled, they are sway backed sickly freaks
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 12:24:48 PM EDT
[#10]
You cull the freaks out of the herd. That makes a healthier herd. Conservationists know this. Knee jerk environmentalists try to save the special snow flakes.

I take the deer with jacked up coloring and fucked up racks. Trophy hunters piss me off.
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 12:25:11 PM EDT
[#11]
It was wearing his winter / snow camo.
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 12:32:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There are genetic freaks in all species. I know of a guy who killed a bearded turkey that was in reality a hen but legal because the law says it must have a beard.
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 12:32:27 PM EDT
[#13]
When it comes to management, albinos are shot on sight.
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 12:33:25 PM EDT
[#14]

Albinism is a genetic defect that is detrimental to the herd.

They should be culled whenever the opportunity presents itself.

Link Posted: 12/6/2014 12:36:37 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Who gives a shit about alibino deer? Just PETA losers being losers
View Quote

Native Americans believe the occurance of a white animal was a huge sign of prophecy – a sign from the great spirit that a major shift in their world is to come.

White deer, white buffalo, etc.

Link Posted: 12/6/2014 12:37:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
You cull the freaks out of the herd. That makes a healthier herd. Conservationists know this. Knee jerk environmentalists try to save the special snow flakes.

I take the deer with jacked up coloring and fucked up racks. Trophy hunters piss me off.
View Quote

I would agree with this fully.
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 12:39:16 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

White lives matter.
View Quote

I see what you did there... I see it

Link Posted: 12/6/2014 12:41:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Well here the DNR cares. If you kill a true Albino Deer you will be fined, and lose the Deer.
Then have to pay a replacement cost for the Deer.
Might also lose a Quad if you used one, and whatever vehicle you transported the Deer in.

Now a Piebald Deer. One that has a lot of white in it, is fair game.
But that Albino with the pink eyes will get you up shits creek, without a paddle.

I've never seen one in my 52 years of hunting in several states.

Edit to say that personally I don't care.
But the Damn Near Russian FISH COPS do!!
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 12:44:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

That was this lady, but there was another one, I'll see if I can find it.

http://resources0.news.com.au/images/2011/03/19/1226024/495500-julia-symons.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I dare say the PETA bedwetters aren't going to mess with someone who is armed and has already demonstrated a willingness to kill things....

You assume they have more common sense than they actually do. I'm reminded of one exceptionally bright animal rights activist a couple of years ago who threatened to wear a bear costume and crawl around in the woods during a bear hunt so a hunter would feel guilty for accidentally killing a human.

Wasn't there an incident with a duck hunter too, some guy came out with a .22 to scare him away because he didn't want the birds shot. He ended up catching a high brass load of steel shot to the face.

I remember one like that, but it was a woman. I remember seeing her picture. Pepper face.

That was this lady, but there was another one, I'll see if I can find it.

http://resources0.news.com.au/images/2011/03/19/1226024/495500-julia-symons.jpg

Shooter needs to choke up and get more pellets on target.
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 12:46:04 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Bad luck for the deer.
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 12:55:04 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Shooter needs to choke up and get more pellets on target.
View Quote

It was a 14 year old, he probably didn't have his technique all the way down yet.
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 12:56:49 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Explain why trophy hunters piss you off please.

Link Posted: 12/6/2014 12:58:11 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

No albino buck is going to make it to 10 points around here
View Quote

This. Unless it's being kept in a zoo or a protected preserve, it's gonna die.
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 1:04:02 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Who gives a shit about alibino deer? Just PETA-Phile losers being losers
View Quote
Fixed it for you.

Link Posted: 12/6/2014 1:05:21 PM EDT
[#25]
Thanks for removing the  DNA  defected deer
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 1:15:26 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

White lives matter.
View Quote

Horns up, don't shoot!
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 1:16:35 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because they think that wasting the carcass (guts, bones, etc) is morally superior to wasting the meat.
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 1:17:13 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Trophy animals are much more fit than others, hence their increased size and physical features, which is why we call them "trophy" animals. They have survived longer than most other individuals in their population, and they represent the apex of genetics in that population. If hunters specifically target these animals, then it removes their genetics from the gene pool, leaving all of the lesser fit individuals left. However, if we leave the "trophy" individuals alone and rather hunt the ones with less-than-favorable genetics, then we will remove the lesser-fit organisms, leave the fit ones, and overall increase the quality of the genetics in the population, which in turn will yield better indiviuals in future generations.

ETA: And just in case any of you don't know what fitness is, it is an organisms ability to survive, reproduce, and pass down it's genetics to subsequent generations.
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 1:20:46 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Trophy animals are much more fit than others, hence why we call them "trophy" animals. They hve survived longer than most other individuals in their population, and they represent the apex of genetics in that population. If hunters specifically target these animals, then it removes their genetics from the gene pool, leaving all of the lesser fit individuals left. However, if we leave the "trophy" individuals alone and rather hunt the ones with less-than-favorable genetics, then we will remove the lesser-fit organisms, leave the fit ones, and overall increase the quality of the genetics in the population, which in turn will yield better indiviuals in future generations.

ETA: And just in case any of you don't know what fitness is, it is an organisms ability to survive, reproduce, and pass down it's genetics to subsequent generations.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Trophy animals are much more fit than others, hence why we call them "trophy" animals. They hve survived longer than most other individuals in their population, and they represent the apex of genetics in that population. If hunters specifically target these animals, then it removes their genetics from the gene pool, leaving all of the lesser fit individuals left. However, if we leave the "trophy" individuals alone and rather hunt the ones with less-than-favorable genetics, then we will remove the lesser-fit organisms, leave the fit ones, and overall increase the quality of the genetics in the population, which in turn will yield better indiviuals in future generations.

Not necessarily true.  Trophy animals today have avoided being shot, hooked, or caught for a longer period of time.  
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 1:26:31 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

It was a tranny
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It was a tranny

Did it dress up as a pirate?
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 1:30:48 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Not necessarily true.  Trophy animals today have avoided being shot, hooked, or caught for a longer period of time.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly, and the reason they have avoided that of course contains an element of luck to it, but it also has to do with their genetics. Maybe that individual is stronger, faster, or has finer-tuned senses than other individuals, which is why he has survived so long.

Therefore, if hunters were to pass up on the opportunity to kill him, then they would give him a longer opportunity to breed and pass his superior genetics on to his offspring, which will in turn create baby deer that have a great potential to grow up strong, fit, and better-suited for their environment just like dad, thus resulting in a superior population overall.
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 1:36:51 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Trophy animals are much more fit than others, hence their increased size and physical features, which is why we call them "trophy" animals. They have survived longer than most other individuals in their population, and they represent the apex of genetics in that population. If hunters specifically target these animals, then it removes their genetics from the gene pool, leaving all of the lesser fit individuals left. However, if we leave the "trophy" individuals alone and rather hunt the ones with less-than-favorable genetics, then we will remove the lesser-fit organisms, leave the fit ones, and overall increase the quality of the genetics in the population, which in turn will yield better indiviuals in future generations.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not really though, especially with whitetails. By the time they are big enough to be sought after by those hunters they are probably at least 2.5 - 3 years old. In that time frame they have likely knocked up plenty of does and have both 1.5 year old and yearling offspring all over the place.
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 1:37:05 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

View Quote
lol

Link Posted: 12/6/2014 1:38:19 PM EDT
[#34]
So a defective gene makes them sooper speshul?

Hope it was tasty!
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 1:40:17 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Exactly, and the reason they have avoided that of course contains an element of luck to it, but it also has to do with their genetics. Maybe that individual is stronger, faster, or has finer-tuned senses than other individuals, which is why he has survived so long.

Therefore, if hunters were to pass up on the opportunity to kill him, then they would give him a longer opportunity to breed and pass his superior genetics on to his offspring, which will in turn create baby deer that have a great potential to grow up strong, fit, and better-suited for their environment just like dad, thus resulting in a superior population overall.
View Quote

Right, they probably have genetically superior survival traits, but that really does nothing to help the herd from a health standpoint.  It actually mimics nature if we had wild wolf or bear populations here.
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 1:43:29 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

Thy is that? I won't pull the bow back, or pull the trigger on a Deer that scores less than 150.
Been hunting since I was 12. 60, now and I've killed my share of smaller Deer. Just haven't done that for many years now.
Hell we use the meat. I just don't shoot little Bucks. I let them grow up!
So What.

Link Posted: 12/6/2014 1:44:18 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Please cite sources? They screw up genetics in animals and typically are encouraged to be exterminated.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

PETA fucks, and liberal douche remnants are the only ones bitching.

You would be surprised by how many deer hunters are also against it.

Please cite sources? They screw up genetics in animals and typically are encouraged to be exterminated.

I don't have a  source, just rumors I've heard. I was wondering if it was true.

I think the herd of white deer must have different genetics than the usual albino deer. Just because that would be so unusual to have a whole herd of white deer. I read an article about it years ago but can't remember what was in it.
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 1:44:27 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Right, they probably have genetically superior survival traits, but that really does nothing to help the herd from a health standpoint.  It actually mimics nature if we had wild wolf or bear populations here.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Predators don't go after the biggest, baddest prey that they can find. That would require an immense energy expenditure and possibly cause harm to themselves in the course of fighting the prey. Predators are careful and want an easy prey that will result in a maximum output of food vs energy output on their end. If they have the choice to attack a huge buck or a gimpy albino freak that stands out like a sore thumb, they will take the easy albino kill every time.
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 1:44:41 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Albino deer are not at all rare.
View Quote

No doubt, there are three mounted ones at a pawn shop down the road.
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 1:45:13 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

the piebalds need to be culled, they are sway backed sickly freaks
View Quote

that's pretty much how the ones I've seen looked like.
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 1:46:14 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Well here the DNR cares. If you kill a true Albino Deer you will be fined, and lose the Deer.

Might also lose a Quad if you used one, and whatever vehicle you transported the Deer in.

But that Albino with the pink eyes will get you up shits creek, without a paddle.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

If only we knew where you were . . . .
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 1:46:38 PM EDT
[#42]
My friend at work shot the one in WI last year. It made world news for the over reaction. They even made a new law because of it. It's mounted and displayed at the Scheel's Sports in Appleton, WI.
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 1:48:16 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Not really though, especially with whitetails. By the time they are big enough to be sought after by those hunters they are probably at least 2.5 - 3 years old. In that time frame they have likely knocked up plenty of does and have both 1.5 year old and yearling offspring all over the place.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And imagine how many more times they could reproduce if they were left alone.

Just to clarify, trophy hunters don't piss me off. I don't agree with it, but I wouldn't plan on trying to stop them from what they do. If they want to mess with a population then so be it, but it is at least useful to have a basic understanding of population genetics and why killing a trophy animal is bad for the population. This is a reason how species go endangered or extinct in some regions.
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 1:48:20 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
Because they think that wasting the carcass (guts, bones, etc) is morally superior to wasting the meat.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why do you think they waste the carcass?!?  

I don't personally know anybody that wastes a carcass, and I know a few trophy hunters, even a family that goes (or used to go) to Africa. That meat wasn't wasted either. They paid a lot of money to hunt and have the trophy's brought back.
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 1:54:28 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I don't personally know anybody that wastes a carcass, and I know a few trophy hunters, even a family that goes (or used to go) to Africa. That meat wasn't wasted either. They paid a lot of money to hunt and have the trophy's brought back.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

As far as big game hunting goes, Africans are brilliant. They learned long ago that killing a tiger will feed the village for a while, but letting whitey come across the pond and pay $50,000 to kill one will help the village out MUCH more so than if they were to kill it themselves. Had they not realized this, they would have wiped out the populations of a number of large mammalians long ago, but instead they have figured out that letting some rich guys pay immense sums to kill a few each year will not only preserve the remaining population that they have, but it will financially help them out as well.
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 2:10:55 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
You assume they have more common sense than they actually do. I'm reminded of one exceptionally bright animal rights activist a couple of years ago who threatened to wear a bear costume and crawl around in the woods during a bear hunt so a hunter would feel guilty for accidentally killing a human.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I dare say the PETA bedwetters aren't going to mess with someone who is armed and has already demonstrated a willingness to kill things....

a couple years ago there was a clown that was going to dress like a coyote for a coyote hunt in NM,I remember him saying in an interview something to the effect of "we'll see how the hunter feels when he realizes he shot a human"

these people aren't playing with a full deck

Link Posted: 12/6/2014 2:30:30 PM EDT
[#47]
I am waiting to see who takes that animal costume thing to the next level.  

Like that one anti whaling boat show.  At work we were hi-fiving eachother when that fancy Price Is Right speed boat got tore up.  Idiots play with fire, then complain when they get burned.  WTF?
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 2:48:08 PM EDT
[#48]
Normally, dead game photos are crimes against photography, something outshined by 3rd grade pinhole photography.  Thus, I can understand the hate.

This photograph, however, shatters the unimaginative mold of the typical game photo...
-pleasing depth of field
-ground based wide angle shot
-well placed subject and background elements
-the animal's eye is positioned according to the rule of thirds
-the hunter has a proud, yet introspective appearance, a pleasant departure from tiresome ear to ear faceful of teeth
-brand placement is noticeable, but not garish
-there are, however, probably some chromatic aberration artifacts that could stand to be cleaned up with some editing software

This deer looks to have lived a long, good life, probably regaled with stories of surviving the shot of a previous hunter ... and is now forever immortalized in a well composed photograph.
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 2:54:28 PM EDT
[#49]
Missouri hunter feels heat for killing albino deer
View Quote

He should stand a little further back from the grill.
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 2:55:38 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top