Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/28/2014 7:40:17 PM EDT
I hope I did not post this in the wrong section but here it goes. I have a Mich 2000/ACH helmet and would like to get a pair of noise canceling ear pro that will fit under the sides of the helmet. Also, if able, mount to the rails on the side of the helmet. I was looking at the Pelltor Tactical 6s with these http://www.optactical.com/3mpearcadlea.html to attach them to the rail. The most important thing is they are able to fit under the helmet.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 8:43:57 PM EDT
[#1]
If your helmet is a regular ACH, it still has the part that covers your ears, so mounting ear pro to a rail won't work.  Unless your helmet is very tight on your head (like almost too tight already) you should be able to use ear pro, especially a thin set like the 6S, under the helmet.  You may find it more comfortable to remove the large circular crown pad and rearrange the others, or it may work without changing things around.  People's heads are different.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 10:27:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Can't rail mount any earpro on a ACU 2000 style or even a 2002. You need the high cut 2001 style to do that. The 2000 covers the ears. Not sure on the Peltor Tactical 6S as I have never owned or used this model (if it will fit under kevlar). My Peltor Comtac's IIs fit fine but as the other poster mentioned you need to remove the crown pad and either go w/o it or you can also use the two small pads intended to be used with commo system. I don't use the rail mount myself so I can keep my earpro and comms system on when not wearing a ballistic or any type of helmet. I prefer to get that damn thing off anytime I can, but that's me.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 11:02:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the help!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top