User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 8:47:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Masturbation is free, and can be done indoors or out. It is a hobby you will never tire of.
View Quote

that is was I was going to suggest, BUT he has a GF.

I started fapping at age 13 maybe 12?
I had a 14" pecker, NOW, I have worn it down to a nub....so his GF might object to that hobby
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 8:48:00 PM EDT
[#2]
If you have 33 feet of basement space, set up an indoor air gun range.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 8:51:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Some people's hobby include collecting spores, molds, and fungus.
View Quote

Yup. Get a trinocular microscope, with a USB video camera.
You'll either never leave the house, from looking at the cool stuff that is growing on you, around you, in your kitchen, on your towels.....

Or, you'll never sleep at night and want to leave your house from looking at all the stuff growing on you, in your kitchen, and on your towels.

I'm still torn.

Link Posted: 11/28/2014 8:59:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
So far on the list I have

1. Models
2. Musical Instrument
3. Ham Radio
View Quote

Variations of these hobbies:

1. Models -- Explore the subtle differences of EMO, GOTH, and PUNK teen models.  Find the nude pictures of the "non-nude" models.
2. Music --  Find music bands starting with a letter from the previous post, without duplicates already in thread.
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1661408_Band_names__You_have_to_start_a_new_name_with_the_last_letter_of_the_prior_post_.html
3. Ham -- Check the various hams at the local Stop&Shop. Is there really any difference in "Boars Head" brand compared to store ham.

Link Posted: 11/28/2014 10:35:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I need a hobby badly. I'm trying to break some very bad habits, and I need to fill my time with something.

I need something that can be done indoors without a huge outlay of cash to get started. Otherwise I would just get a 3d printer or a drone.
View Quote

foreign stamps / coins , they are cheap

ship or plane models.
http://www.amazon.com/Revell-RMXS5241-48-51D-Mustang/dp/B0000DEW80/ref=sr_1_2?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1417228447&sr=1-2&keywords=revell+model+kits
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 7:32:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Loading ammo is quite "front-end"  expensive to do in big volume, but you can get started on a single stage very much on the cheap.... and the main goal is to fill time anyway, right?

You can get up and running for less than a C-note.... I did.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I need one also

I'd say reloading ammo
I'm trying to get into this, but the upfront investment has slowed me down.  

Loading ammo is quite "front-end"  expensive to do in big volume, but you can get started on a single stage very much on the cheap.... and the main goal is to fill time anyway, right?

You can get up and running for less than a C-note.... I did.

I suggested it then changed my mind. Time fill yes but how fun is making ammo you don't have time to shoot? I'd rather pay for it and have more time to shoot it. I just need to make more time to shoot/find a better range.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 7:37:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Double reply fail but another suggestion for myself and others - setting up a trust. I moved from CA to a free state so I should appreciate the opportunity to own NFA items especially suppressors.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 7:39:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Electronics sounds like it might be right up your alley.

It's a lifelong thing, too.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 7:42:55 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm voting for pussy. If you're banging hot pussy you forget about bad habits cause your're to focused on busting a nut

Link Posted: 12/16/2014 9:32:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 9:38:04 PM EDT
[#11]
I restore and ride old bmx and freestyle bikes. My 'new' '83 Supergoose

Link Posted: 12/16/2014 9:45:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Bowling if you live near some lanes.

Cheap to get into, cheap to do. Social and fun, can do it in any weather, and it wastes a whole evening. If you get good at it, you can make some money back too. Challenging, but not hard to the point you can't play it. Leagues are good fun, lots of gun guys and fun folks on the lanes where I bowl.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 9:47:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Do what everyone else in ocean co is doing.... Heroin

Where you at? I'm in Shark River Hills (southern Monmouth)
You can start reloading for about $100-$150. Hell, I'll tutor you.
Do you shoot at CJ?
You don't need a huge setup. Lots of guys reload on a folding bench.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 9:59:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 10:01:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Painting
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 10:01:46 PM EDT
[#17]
You guys have free time?!
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 10:08:33 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

In all seriousness I would find some sort of volunteer/charity  or local serving in some way. It's free and you will actually help yourself in the process.
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 10:08:56 PM EDT
[#19]
buy one of these...
if your not riding your tinkering with it or fixing it....

Link Posted: 12/16/2014 10:09:53 PM EDT
[#20]
whittle
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 10:14:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Reading or working out. Use this as an opportunity for self improvement. I think men need a hobby or something to be into. I don't think women feel this same need.
View Quote

With most women, their men ARE their "projects".
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 10:15:10 PM EDT
[#22]
Holy crap this sucker got resurrected.

There have been a lot of suggestions in here that will likely get played with once I have the time and money to do so.

Right now I am primarily reading a lot. Seriously I'm on a book a day at this point and if it wasn't for ebooks I would need a giant shelf. Models are going to happen soon, some sort of musical instrument, and then either coding or some sort of electronics. Might start looking at andrino or raspberry pi projects.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 10:15:27 PM EDT
[#23]
Hunting
Fishing
M biking
Shooting
Sailing

Some of my favorites
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 10:17:36 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I need one also

I'd say reloading ammo

Lee single stage press, will occupy a lot of time

I have about $300ish into my reloading set up. I wish I had more cash to throw at a progressive press so I could nock out ammo quick
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 10:35:54 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Cigars
View Quote

I enjoy cigars, not sure I'd call it a hobby though.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 10:57:38 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Holy crap this sucker got resurrected.

There have been a lot of suggestions in here that will likely get played with once I have the time and money to do so.

Right now I am primarily reading a lot. Seriously I'm on a book a day at this point and if it wasn't for ebooks I would need a giant shelf. Models are going to happen soon, some sort of musical instrument, and then either coding or some sort of electronics. Might start looking at andrino or raspberry pi projects.
View Quote

If you decide to hop into r/c airplanes let me know, I can help you along.

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top