Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/27/2014 11:29:33 PM EDT
So I live a small coastal town that has been steadily seeing a rise in gang stuff.  More tagging, more crime and so on.  Had a bit of a run in a few years ago.  But it struck me walking around the other day, seeing the tags and sandblasted tags/painted over tags that the whole tagging thing is in the same ballpark as what foreign terrorists hope to accomplish.  First of all half these shitbags are here illegally.  Second they are using the tags and violence to try and change the behavior of a community: "don't walk here after dark."  "This is OUR hood".  And so on. It is not random but calculated to frighten an entire community into a different behavior.

So what says the hive?  Charge the bastards with terrorism?  Hate crime?  I know it will never happen since the politicians hope the "youts" are their next voting block.  But I am sick of what is happening to my town and I am sure I am not alone.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:30:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes and they should be exterminated.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:31:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:32:27 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:32:56 PM EDT
[#4]
FPNI

On second thought, just the last part.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:33:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:34:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Bangers' families vote Democrat. It will never happen.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:35:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Depends on what they consider a gang. I could see them considering anyone a gang.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:36:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Id say no to the domestic terrorist stuff.
They would find a way to use it on us.

Anti gun crap didnt come out to keep guns from conservatives.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:36:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Yay, more fed involvement.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:36:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Depends on what they consider a gang. I could see them considering anyone a gang.
View Quote

Claiming territory and tagging it while engaging in criminal activity comes to mind.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:37:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Yes, lets start calling common criminals "Terrorists" and exterminate them with extreme prejudice. No way that could ever go wrong.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:38:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Bangers' families vote Democrat. It will never happen.
View Quote

Sadly, this.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:38:29 PM EDT
[#13]
I think there's a distinction between street criminals and terrorists. Our traditional view of terrorism shouldn't be watered down by equating it with common street thugs.

They both suck. Both groups should choke on a bag of dicks. But they're not the same.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:40:31 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm against using "terrorism" or "wmd" as a buzzword to prosecute crimes that existed long before the modern wave of terrorism.  

Pressure cooker bombs are not weapons of mass destruction, and members of a criminal gang are not terrorists.

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:41:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Yes, lets start calling common criminals "Terrorists" and exterminate them with extreme prejudice. No way that could ever go wrong.
View Quote

The thing is they are not "common" criminals.  They are a part of network that moves them from Mexico and South America up here specifically to do this to communities.  Maybe RICO would be a better choice.  But treating them as common criminals is not the answer.  They get caught, no matter where they are sent prison wise they have a bunch of homies to link up to...  They can move to different communities to escape the law and be hidden.  It is a national issue.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:41:59 PM EDT
[#16]
So how long before the NRA is considered a gang after that rule is enacted?
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:42:26 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
The thing is they are not "common" criminals.  They are a part of network that moves them from Mexico and South America up here specifically to do this to communities.  Maybe RICO would be a better choice.  But treating them as common criminals is not the answer.  They get caught, no matter where they are sent prison wise they have a bunch of homies to link up to...  They can move to different communities to escape the law and be hidden.  It is a national issue.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

RICO is the way to go, not terrorism laws.

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:44:44 PM EDT
[#18]
arfcom tells me cops are to militarized now, but wants gang members taken out?....
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:44:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

I agree with what op is saying but this comment sums up the situation.
What happens when a group of gun owners who go shooting together regularly are labeled a gang for some politicians purpose?
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:45:31 PM EDT
[#20]
I don't understand why members of the mafia and 1% outlaw biker clubs are prosecuted all the time for RICO, but they don't use it on thug street gangs.

They should use every means available to lock these pieces of shit up for as long as possible, and if they get paroled and are caught
hanging out with their old homies, then they go right back to jail.

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:45:39 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
So how long before the NRA is considered a gang after that rule is enacted?
View Quote

This. Hell libs already call militias "domestic terrorists". Sorry OP but not so great, the government would have a field day with it.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:46:18 PM EDT
[#22]
Nope, not domestic terrorists. We've got laws on the books for organized crime, which is what gang members are part of.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:47:17 PM EDT
[#23]
Treat gang members as domestic terrorists, lock them up and throw away the key.

Treat "__________" as domestic terrorists, lock them up and throw away the key.

Treat "mentally ill" as domestic terrorists, lock them up and throw away the key.

Treat "gun owners" as domestic terrorists, lock them up and throw away the key.

Treat "Republicans" as domestic terrorists, lock them up and throw away the key (since they're mentally ill).

"Domestic terrorist" is a bogus term. Criminals are criminals. Nothing more, nothing less. The whole "terrorism" thing is a boogeyman to gin up fear to support politicians and they're pet projects, which almost never work for the public good, but usually for ill. We'd be better off banishing "terrorism" from all domestic politics, policy, and law enforcement. If you can't articulate why someone is a criminal, calling them a terrorist is a good fallback, but it's a shitty way to go about trying to serve the public interest.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:47:32 PM EDT
[#24]
I hate nothing more than the phrase "domestic terrorist".
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:49:07 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

No shit... with the Tea Party next in line.

ARFCOM GD putting the GD in _od _amn it.

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:49:48 PM EDT
[#26]
I also believe the government should start slaughtering undesirables wholesale, because hey, WTF could go wrong?
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:51:05 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I'm against using "terrorism" or "wmd" as a buzzword to prosecute crimes that existed long before the modern wave of terrorism.  

Pressure cooker bombs are not weapons of mass destruction, and members of a criminal gang are not terrorists.

View Quote

I have to agree, I heard progressive scream no WMDs in Iraq but a pressure cooker in Boston is a WMD, all in the same week.  Using the term Gangs would be no different in a progressives eyes if they could use it to further thier agendas.

That said, I would not be against the state or local community putting these assholes in a different category.  Maybe with special prosecutorial abilitys of the local law enforcement dealing with gang related crime.  I think keeping the feds out is important thing.  Keep it local, but dont fail to throw the book at them.  Part of the problem is we cant even enforce our current laws.  So many activist judges and lawyers let these guys get away with crap everyday, this has got to end.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:51:50 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Treat "mentally ill" as domestic terrorists, lock them up and throw away the key.

Treat "Republicans" as domestic terrorists, lock them up and throw away the key (since they're mentally ill).

"Domestic terrorist" is a bogus term. Criminals are criminals. Nothing more, nothing less. The whole "terrorism" thing is a boogeyman to gin up fear to support politicians and they're pet projects, which almost never work for the public good, but usually for ill. We'd be better off banishing "terrorism" from all domestic politics, policy, and law enforcement. If you can't articulate why someone is a criminal, calling them a terrorist is a good fallback, but it's a shitty way to go about trying to serve the public interest.
View Quote

I don't know if you heard but being a gun owner is protected by the 2nd Amendment.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:52:55 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I don't understand why members of the mafia and 1% outlaw biker clubs are prosecuted all the time for RICO, but they don't use it on thug street gangs.

They should use every means available to lock these pieces of shit up for as long as possible, and if they get paroled and are caught

View Quote

The thug street gangs might be the largest organized crime syndicate in the US these days.  Not one syndicate but all derived from Latin American gangs and coming to a city near you if not already there.  And they handle it all from low wage workers to the meth imports to the crime to the neighborhood takeovers.  Want to read something illuminating?  Read Methland: The Death and Life of an American Small Town by Nick Reding.  Interesting stuff.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:53:01 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm going to agree with this.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:53:24 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

So what would you call one that causes terror domestically?
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:56:25 PM EDT
[#32]
About time.  They have caused more death and destruction than Isis could ever hope to do.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:57:10 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I don't know if you heard but being a gun owner is protected by the 2nd Amendment.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:57:49 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

FPNI
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:58:55 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Terrorists don't simply scare people, they use it as a tool for political change, explicitly.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 12:03:09 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

They use RICO on bangers too
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 12:08:24 AM EDT
[#37]
This idea is the picture next to "ends justify the means" in the encyclopedia.

It must be the best idea evar!
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 12:12:03 AM EDT
[#38]
I'd say we're about another Obama Presidential term away from being rounded up by JBT's for opposing political views of the Progressive States of America.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 12:13:51 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
This idea is the picture next to "ends justify the means" in the encyclopedia.
It must be the best idea evar!
View Quote

'Murica !!!
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 12:14:29 AM EDT
[#40]
No.you people who want to grow government power and control for every little thing are as bad as the damn libs.

Shameful
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 12:17:38 AM EDT
[#41]
No
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 12:23:40 AM EDT
[#42]
Fuck the domestic terrorist tag. It can be used to classify anyone they want it to, slippery slope as they say. DT is a label that can be applied to anyone they want before a court of law decides if a law has been broken. Fuck that.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 12:28:49 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 12:32:30 AM EDT
[#44]
Let the local militias deal with them
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 12:32:45 AM EDT
[#45]
How about we treat them as criminals and enforce the law. When you catch Homie with guns, drugs, money, and under age hoes give them the full ride on all counts, do not toss the weapons and trafficing in minors and give the a 1/3 of the sentence on the drugs.

Follow the law and do the work and the rest will handle itself.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 12:33:09 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/28/2014 12:34:30 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

Should locals just shoot them and burn the bodies at the landfill? If so I'm cool with that.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 12:47:00 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
No.you people who want to grow government power and control for every little thing are as bad as the damn libs.

Shameful
View Quote

You know it's gotten bad when I'm agreeing with patchouli.

Not so bad when Dino's on board, at least.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 12:56:06 AM EDT
[#49]
i think that the more we water down the definition of 'terrorist', the less it means.  

kinda like the terror threat level being 'elevated' for 6 years--it comes to signify nothing at all.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 1:01:17 AM EDT
[#50]
No. What an be used for you will also be used against you.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top