Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/27/2014 10:13:50 PM EDT
Got off work at 1210 am today and came home to a surprise ps4 from the wife I'm not a big gamer mostly due to not having time but occasionally I like to jump on and play something for awhile. The game it came with isn't really my style so I downloaded the new call of duty which was a pretty decent game for being a fps futuristic game.  

Well I ended up staying up until all night and stopped playing at sunrise I loaded up my range bag and my Sam 7uf, beretta cx4 storm, and 12.5" psa pistol with sig brace. Headed out to the range and arrived around 8am and proceeded to have an awesome time with the shooting pit to myself.

Came home and for diner the wife made green bean casserole and the best turkey I have ever had. Still awake and running on fumes I'm going to sleep good tonight.

Yah I know CSB
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 10:27:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Mine wasn't too bad.

Cooked a turkey this morning, had mashed potatoes and mixed veggies and a couple of dinner rolls at lunch. Went for a walk and stopped at the convience store by grocery store for a KitKat bar. Bought a package of fat cigars and came home. Sat out back in the sun smoking a stogie, eating the KitKat and drinking my last Budweiser, it was - no shit! - 8 years old while reading a book.

Not a bad afternoon.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 10:31:23 PM EDT
[#2]
No  Turkey eating delayed due a flu outbreak at primary eating location and utterly incompetent brother in charge of food at backup location.  Dinner is at 7pm.  FUBAR
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 10:32:24 PM EDT
[#3]
I did. All of my immediate family plus all 1st cousins. Great day. Thankful.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 10:36:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Slept in sort of (woke up at 2 went back to bed around 5 woke back up at 8 am), went to the gym and lazed around, ate turkey, argued with the SO, and now I'm just waiting to go back to sleep . Coulda been better without one of the few things I did today .
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 10:36:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I did. All of my immediate family plus all 1st cousins. Great day. Thankful.
View Quote

Hung out with family.  Ate like a pig.  

And got a text from Xavier Murial.  

Those were the highlights of my day.  
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 10:43:37 PM EDT
[#6]
I drank and ate food.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 10:44:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Yep. It was awesome.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 10:46:26 PM EDT
[#8]
I woke up and left to go elk hunting. Put in a good hard climb to a vantage point and saw 2 deer.
Opening day is tomorrow hopefully be able to find a nice meaty bull with some good size head gear.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 10:47:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Very quiet day with my son.  Most of my family lives in other states now as well as any friends who haven't died by now.  It's a sign I'm getting old I guess, but it was ok.  
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 10:51:57 PM EDT
[#10]
I left the house at 0530 and I won't be back for 3 days. I have made 1200 bucks so far today and got turkey dinner catered in by the company man.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 10:58:46 PM EDT
[#11]
I did.

32 people at the house (was just a tad cramped)

Good food, good time.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:05:42 PM EDT
[#12]
I woke up.

No one is trying to kill me.

I know where my next few meals are coming from.

I have a roof over my head, and running water that won't make me sick.

Pretty awesome, says I.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:11:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Plowed my driveway with my 3 year old on my lap, little snowball fight on the way back in.  Had some hot cocoa and haven't been out of my pajamas since 9 am.  Wife ran out and got me Chinese while I made her a ham.  I think this is the first time I've stayed at home with my kids all day in over a year.  Inlaws and parents all out of town so no running around to share the holiday.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:13:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Hung with the family, ate and drank.
Say my nephew for the first time since he got out of  boot camp. Hes stationed at Camp Lejeune and I wont see him until after mountain warfare training.
When I got home he and my brother in-law called and invited me to a shotgun competition in the AM.
I haven't shot skeet in 30 years and will have much fun I'm sure.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:19:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Sure. Worked for 11 hours, had a hot dog for dinner, and watched football with mittens. Good day was good.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:27:01 PM EDT
[#16]
I got up at 9am. Put new pads and rotors on my car. Went to town and got some beer and pie. Been drinking and eating all day starting at noon and I still have 9 beers in the fridge. And, the seahawks are up 16-0 over frisco.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:28:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Didn't have to deal with the wife, grilled all day, played with my guns before work.

Sounds like heaven to me.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:28:32 PM EDT
[#18]
That's great, OP.  Your wife obviously loves you.

Mine didn't want to spend it with me, she spent it with her dad because he didn't want to go to my folks house, despite the fact that they (my folks) have been nothing but kind to these people.

The shithead lives with us, so we see him everyday.

I hope he fucking chokes on his tortillas.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:31:53 PM EDT
[#19]
I had a great day.  Started out by ordering two stripped lowers for less than $100 shipped, spent time with the family that I give a damn about seeing, ate some great food and had a pretty chill day.  

I'm packed up for a camping trip starting tomorrow morning with my lifelong friend where we'll cook some fat steaks over the coals, have several drinks, good conversation and enjoy some time in the woods doing nothing in particular.  Life is great.

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:32:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Sucked as I had to plow 8.5 inchs of snow from the 500' driveway, parking area, and than plow a path to the wood pile.
Than it was carry in firewood, feed the stove and get in a little hunting before coming back to prepare dinner.
Dinner was supposed to be wild turkey but I discovered a worm in one of the breasts and that was it for wild turkey.
So it was pre-breaded chicken in the toaster oven instead,
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:37:02 PM EDT
[#21]
got a TPMS tool and cleared the error in my Si......cranked a scrat with the 300blk sbr...
life is good!
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:37:14 PM EDT
[#22]
It's a sign I'm getting old I guess, but it was ok.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:51:01 PM EDT
[#23]
Made a great tasting bird, had an excellent time with the family, the Lions actually won, now enjoying quiet time winding down with the wife and a rum & coke. No complaints.  
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 12:03:25 AM EDT
[#24]
Yes,  great solo day. Did some online Christmas shopping. Went shooting this morning.  Picked up 600  rounds of 9mm at Walmart on the way home along with some Christmas shopping. Sat in a long hot bath reading for several hours,  then made a nice meal.  My apple crisp was very yummy.  Have to work tomorrow so I'm in bed shortly.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 12:15:06 AM EDT
[#25]
Meh.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 12:17:29 AM EDT
[#26]
Shooting in the AM, volunteered at the senior center, followed by a turkey dinner for one

All in all a decent day!
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 12:21:07 AM EDT
[#27]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sucked as I had to plow 8.5 inchs of snow from the 500' driveway, parking area, and than plow a path to the wood pile.
Than it was carry in firewood, feed the stove and get in a little hunting before coming back to prepare dinner.
Dinner was supposed to be wild turkey but I discovered a worm in one of the breasts and that was it for wild turkey.
So it was pre-breaded chicken in the toaster oven instead,
View Quote

Hope logging out and back in helps it get a little better.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 12:24:06 AM EDT
[#28]
Had a great day with the family.  Got to play with my nephews all day.  First time around my side of the family and been able to tell all of them the wife and I were expecting my first son.

Ate a whole mess of food, and some to take back home when we leave.    Only negative was time got away from us and we didn't get to go coyote hunting.  But that will happen tomorrow..
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 12:40:26 AM EDT
[#29]
Not bad. I got 12 hours at double time and only  had to do the actual job 6 of those. The other 6 I just listed for the phone and watched TV. One of my crew cooked the traditional Turkey dinner. I didn't have to have dinner with my mother in law, so that made up a little for not being with my wife and kids.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 12:49:31 AM EDT
[#30]
Yup. Got up early and ran a 5k. It was my sons first thanksgiving and he had a great time. Today was a good day.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 12:53:20 AM EDT
[#31]
Mine was pretty good, but I have to leave for work in 8 minutes
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 12:55:14 AM EDT
[#32]
Yes I did. Spent the day with my wife,children and their spouses. SIL's parents and sister showed up and are great company. Wife and daughter cooked up a real feast. Great food, good company, plenty to drink and football.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 1:03:47 AM EDT
[#33]
Yup. Shot a few suppressed firearms today with some family, and all of us hit a 20" target at 500yds offhand with a 16" suppressed AR. It was a good time.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 1:20:27 AM EDT
[#34]
Mine was different.

Drove 60 miles and had the windshield shattered by a couple of idiots letting huge fucking pigeons go next to the highway for their Falcons to hunt and two pigeons diving for their lives did a suicidal run into my windshield while I was cruising at 150kmh.  Shattered the windshield and ripped the mirror off the side of the landcruiser....  Turned around to chew their asses and they wanted to call the police on me for killing their birds

Got to the site to watch some geologging on a couple of wells and sheep butchering most hallal style for lunch.

Sat on the floor and ate lunch (roasted mutton, rice, frisbee bread, humus and various roasted veg) with the ministry's representative and drank tea and talked about ISIS.

Drove back to town picked up some tickets to Riyadh for Saturday to see the Dentist  Cruised back to the professional camp for a shitty turkey dinner (Indians and Pakis pretty much miss the mark on US traditional meals but they try their best).

Had a couple good snorts of my homemade date whiskey and went to bed, oh called home to a house full of women who had started drinken early while making dinner for later...maybe my day wasn't so bad after all.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 1:23:47 AM EDT
[#35]
Yep. Spent the day with my family that I only get to see twice a year, and got to see the Seahawks beat the Niners.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 1:28:14 AM EDT
[#36]
yep, spent the morning cross country skiing then cooked, then are until I couldn't move. awesome day.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 1:29:54 AM EDT
[#37]
Setup my first full sized christmas tree while listening to the rat pack sing christmas songs. Great day !

Link Posted: 11/28/2014 1:31:06 AM EDT
[#38]
Cant complain

Went to my friends house to watch football and eat dinner, then headed to a family friends to have dinner with my mom,stepdad, brothers, family friend and his family. The food at both places was insanely good
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 1:31:50 AM EDT
[#39]
Twelve hrs. of triple time.  Holiday pay on a 7th day, pretty rare.   Probably pay about $500 in tax for today only.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 1:58:09 AM EDT
[#40]
Took the wife & kids to Nana & Grandpas house, ate a fantastic home cooked Thanksgiving day meal with my family, had great conversation with my Pops & two brothers, the wife was happy and pleasant.

Awesome day!

Now I'm finishing up with ibuprophen, napraxon sodium, oxycodone, and Kentucky Whisky, I think my tooth has finally settled down enough for me to sleep.

WTF! they were fine, went for a cleaning, my dentist did a little surface grinding to help with some issues I had with my latest crown, and today;

FIRE!

But still an Awesome day with the family.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 1:58:34 AM EDT
[#41]
Had a great day with my family, ate and drank too much and didn't even think about shopping or anything important. Perfect Thanksgiving, for me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top