Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:40:05 PM EDT
[#1]
That they probably don't have their grade 10.

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:40:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Well I have 1 tattoo (small and concealable) neither me or my wife smoke. Have a 100 sq brick house built in 2006, have a joint income of 150k at age 25. My neighbors love my pit.. she wasn't adopted and is the sweetest dog I've ever had. 60 lbs of raw playful muscle.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:47:40 PM EDT
[#3]

I have a Staffordshire; can the ignorant tell me its the same thing so I can get more involved beyond my first post?
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:49:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I've always thought people who own pitbull dogs are attention seeking wimps that walk around being pulled down the street by an animal that they hope intimidates people. Kind of like open carry people.
View Quote

funny, I think the same about folks that form a negative opinion of a person purely based on the type of dog they own.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:57:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Mine is mixed with Rhodesian Ridgeback and had parvovirus when we found her and gave her a home. She's healthy and strong now but is by far the least intelligent of our 4 dogs. She's great with my kid though and gets positive attention from most strangers.

What's the consensus on me as an owner?
View Quote

All of the above
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 12:00:23 AM EDT
[#6]
I have two all white pitbulls. One is deaf and the other is a neurotic lizard assassin. They do not walk me and I do not have any tattoos. No .gov help on this end either. I need to step up my game. Time to ditch the Evo for Caprice on 26's and get some ink.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 12:02:25 AM EDT
[#7]
I always just thought it means I own a pit bull
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 12:03:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I have two all white pitbulls.
View Quote

Racist.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 12:04:17 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I always just thought it means I own a pit bull
View Quote

Do you even GD?
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 12:16:03 AM EDT
[#10]
I've only known friendly "pitbulls" owned by fairly average people, but I don't live in - or near- the fucking ghetto.

so, just like any other dog.

(meanest individual dogs I've met were either little yappy things, or coon hounds.)
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 12:26:08 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I've always thought people who own pitbull dogs are attention seeking wimps that walk around being pulled down the street by an animal that they hope intimidates people. Kind of like open carry people.
View Quote

I could say the same thing about OP who beats the dead horse over and over, why waste your time
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 12:36:05 AM EDT
[#12]
We took this one in and her nine pups. We found good homes for all the pups, and kept her. Great dog. She is smart, loyal, and by far the easiest I have ever trained.

In her bed

Treed a chipmunk

Link Posted: 11/28/2014 1:01:55 AM EDT
[#13]
Biggest schmooze hound to ever mooch a handout.
Loves kids, tolerates their every insult, and worries over them like a doting Nanny.
Most gentile dog on a leash we have ever had.

Link Posted: 11/28/2014 1:09:50 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Same kinda shit is being said right now about people that own black rifles.

They're also full of shit.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 1:12:13 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

They like dogs?
View Quote
17 posts to find one that makes sense.  I knew I should have avoided this knuckle dragging thread.

Link Posted: 11/28/2014 1:20:17 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your an idiot.

Ironic post is ironic.

Thanks for pointing that out...don't care. The internet where everything is spelled rite.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 1:27:58 AM EDT
[#17]
they are/want to be melanin enriched individuals
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 1:30:23 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
they are/want to be melanin enriched individuals
View Quote

Stop posting.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 1:43:11 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Thanks for pointing that out...don't care. The internet where everything is spelled rite.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your an idiot.

Ironic post is ironic.

I never msspell anything!
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 1:50:49 AM EDT
[#20]
Buddy of mine rescued one.

No really, he rescued it, out of a dumpster behind his work. Was a bait dog that the local shitheels threw in the dumpster, then tossed a couch in on top of it.

Took dog home, for the first couple of weeks he had it one of us would have to go to the back fence and distract the dog while the other ran into the yard and fed/watered the it. Unstable, sketchy, aggressive, just plain mean dog.

Fast forward a few months, go over to his house and you would have to shove the sleeping dog over so you could sit on the couch. Dog morphed into a lazy, slobbering couch potato.

Awesome dog, not the sharpest tool in the shed (jumped out of his truck at 30 mph once), but sweet, loving and friendly.

Funny how short most people's memories are, when I was a kid, the GSD (unofficial dag of Arfcom) was the "breed of peace". Then it was the doberman, then the rottie, now the pit.

Link Posted: 11/28/2014 1:51:18 AM EDT
[#21]
Sorry for calling you an idiot. I just disagree. Not all pits are bad, not all pit owners are neck tatted losers.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 2:02:12 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Funny how short most people's memories are, when I was a kid, the GSD (unofficial dag of Arfcom) was the "breed of peace". Then it was the doberman, then the rottie, now the pit.
View Quote

That's my favorite part about these threads.

Link Posted: 11/28/2014 2:32:52 AM EDT
[#23]
My girlfriend has a pit. I didn't care for it much at first because it's nonomine, and they are aggravating. I had no preconceived notions about the breed as a whole though. It had some pups this month, and I've started to get attached to it. It's just a big baby, not unlike any other dog that I've ever known that has had open contact with people, has been taught it's place, and is taken care of.

The first thing I saw this morning when I woke up was a 6 year old riding the dog through the house like a horse. I just about went back to bed..  that's about the only thing I could say a pit bull can do that no other breed can. OP is a troll (the thing that makes the internet great) or the opinionated ignorant neckbeard type that makes sure there is always someone to argue with on here.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 2:34:19 AM EDT
[#24]

View Quote
It says nothing about the owner. Its the other way around. The owner says much about the Pit Bull

Link Posted: 11/28/2014 2:34:24 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

That they probably have neck tattoos.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/28/2014 2:39:19 AM EDT
[#26]
It means you will never fail to mention you own a pitbull.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 2:47:48 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 2:54:56 AM EDT
[#28]
They don't like wearing shirts.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 3:29:38 AM EDT
[#29]
Photo thread!
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 3:35:46 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
They wanted a pit. They got one.

Big fucking deal.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/28/2014 3:38:45 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

It's always been the pit bull.

Now maybe some people's personal opinions were different back then, but ever since stats started being kept it's been the pit bull.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 3:38:59 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

+1,000,000

I am floored that ANY gun owner would have a negative impression of someone who owns an item that can be deadly.

Amazing
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
They like dogs?

+1,000,000

I am floored that ANY gun owner would have a negative impression of someone who owns an item that can be deadly.

Amazing

If by amazing you mean retarded I agree.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 4:00:10 AM EDT
[#33]
Nothing.

Just as owning "deadly scary baby killing assault weapons of mass murder" doesn't say anything about the membership here.

I will be the first to say - I fucking hate dogs. I've been terrified of them since a young age where I was bitten in the face and almost lost my eye. I'm not going to kick your pooch, and I'm sure he's friendly to you, but quite frankly, I'm afraid of him and I can't help it. I'm sure your relationship with your dog is beneficial - but it's just not for me, for personal reasons. Dogs can be absolutely beautiful creatures - but I don't want one or want to be around them.

However, it's not my job or my place to say things about all dogs, or owners of some types dogs. I don't like that line of thinking, because I don't like when it's used against me over something petty and controversial. That's what separates me from the other side.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 4:01:44 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Now maybe some people's personal opinions were different back then, but ever since stats started being kept it's been the pit bull.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

lol

What stats?

Link Posted: 11/28/2014 4:02:56 AM EDT
[#35]
I own two Presa Canario/Pit mix dogs that are just reaching adulthood. They're still the biggest (over 80lbs each), laziest dogs I've met. The male hides behind me on walks when we get near other people or dogs, the female loves attention and I've never seen aggression in her. The only fighting they do is around 7pm each night they go at it (and I mean sometimes blood drawn) before laying down next to each other and falling asleep. The hardest habit I'm trying to break is to get them to not jump up on people when they enter the house, if they both jump up on someone at the same time I'm afraid they'll knock the person over and give them a full bath. Aside from that, I can't find a toy they won't destroy within a day. Even the black Kong toys are shredded, that's some serious bite. Even when I've broken them up from fighting at their peak, however, they immediately stand down because they know who the alpha is.

I thought pits were supposed to be high energy and aggressive, but maybe.. you know, just maybe I knew how to train them properly. I guess that's what it says about me, or maybe because they're a mix I got lucky and don't own high capacity assault dogs. I'm sure it's the latter, yeah....
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 4:05:51 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I tend to think "knuckle head"
View Quote

White trash.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 4:06:57 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

lol

What stats?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol

What stats?

http://www.dogsbite.org/dog-bite-statistics-study-dog-attacks-and-maimings-merritt-clifton.php

If you know of reputable studies that counter that feel free to post them.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 4:08:00 AM EDT
[#38]
Depends on the owner, I would never own a pitbull. I have friends whom I respect that love the breed.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 4:12:13 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

http://www.dogsbite.org/dog-bite-statistics-study-dog-attacks-and-maimings-merritt-clifton.php

View Quote

Saw that one coming.

You do understand that this is the Moms Demand Action group of the dog world, right?

DogsBite.org is a public education website about dangerous dog breeds,
chiefly pit bulls. We are the primary 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization
committed to putting the safety of humans before dogs and the principle
source of information on this topic that is not owned, controlled, or
funded by dog breeders, owners, veterinarian or animal welfare groups.
We do not receive government or corporate funding; we rely on donations
from the public and our supporters -- people like you.

Even with their hilariously inflated and skewed statistics, assault weapons are about 10x as dangerous as pit bulls.

Link Posted: 11/28/2014 4:17:17 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Have met some quality pit bulls, and then some that were just as big shitholes as their owners.

The sweetest pit I knew was an unfixed male, who was quick pals with my cousin's lab/dalmation female. He was so submissive to her that she would mount him when they played. Super friendly and gentle dog.

Regardless, many pit enthusiasts seem to conveniently forget all about the history of dog breeding when advocating for their breed. Pit bulls/american terriers/whatever were bred for aggressive behavior, especially now that a lot of them come specifically from lines of fighting dogs. Those traits can manifest themselves through unexpected triggers.

Pit fans? Their response to this often boils down just to "nuh uh."
View Quote
Nuh uh.

Or just a simple link to your info about pits being bred for aggression because its 100% false.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 4:17:18 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol

What stats?

I think the Brady group has similar stats for guns

Bet you support them right?

Afterall....it's for the children right?

Link Posted: 11/28/2014 4:19:21 AM EDT
[#42]
my mom has one and she found it malnourished and flea ridden next to a dumpster.. sweetest dog ive ever seen :shrugs:.  oh right, this is smug15.com
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 4:21:03 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Saw that one coming.

You do understand that this is the Moms Demand Action group of the dog world, right?

DogsBite.org is a public education website about dangerous dog breeds, chiefly pit bulls. We are the primary 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization committed to putting the safety of humans before dogs and the principle source of information on this topic that is not owned, controlled, or funded by dog breeders, owners, veterinarian or animal welfare groups. We do not receive government or corporate funding; we rely on donations from the public and our supporters -- people like you.

Even with their hilariously inflated and skewed statistics, assault weapons are about 10x as dangerous as pit bulls.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Saw that one coming.

DogsBite.org is a public education website about dangerous dog breeds, chiefly pit bulls. We are the primary 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization committed to putting the safety of humans before dogs and the principle source of information on this topic that is not owned, controlled, or funded by dog breeders, owners, veterinarian or animal welfare groups. We do not receive government or corporate funding; we rely on donations from the public and our supporters -- people like you.

Shh they are starting to froth at the mouth!

Link Posted: 11/28/2014 4:22:01 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

my mom has one and she found it malnourished and flea ridden next to a dumpster.. sweetest dog ive ever seen :shrugs:.  oh right, this is smug15.com
View Quote
When will your mother be getting her neck tattoos?

Link Posted: 11/28/2014 4:23:31 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Saw that one coming.

That's doggist!

Link Posted: 11/28/2014 4:24:50 AM EDT
[#46]

The small ones are dinner.

They enjoy playing with their food.

Link Posted: 11/28/2014 4:57:20 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
http://i.imgur.com/lQ1iYBU.jpg

View Quote

Some good looking dogs there
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 5:08:20 AM EDT
[#48]
Neck and hand tattoos.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 5:19:15 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/lQ1iYBU.jpg

Link Posted: 11/28/2014 5:19:19 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Do it please. Our pitbull is a rescue and he's an amazing dog.

I have tattoos, don't live in a trailer (although I have when I was younger), graduated high school, and make six figures.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Our Golden Retriever died last month due to cancer. We had her 12 years. It was decided it was time to get another dog so headed to the pound last saturday. At least 80% of the dogs there were pit bulls. 10 percent were chihuahuas and 10 percent were random breeds like poodles or beagles etc. This was in Phoenix.

I saw some very sad Pits and came close to taking one home just because they needed a home. FWIW I don't fit any of your stereotypes. In the end got a cheagle (fancy mutt that is half chihuahua and half beagle) that was going to be put to sleep next week.

Who knows I still may go back later and get a Pit Bull.

Do it please. Our pitbull is a rescue and he's an amazing dog.

I have tattoos, don't live in a trailer (although I have when I was younger), graduated high school, and make six figures.

Unpossible according to GD.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top