Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/27/2014 6:44:23 PM EDT
I'm sure being one of the richest men in the world that he has private security for him and his family? Has anyone ever heard or know what that usually is,  being that wealthy, how many private aircraft do you think he owns?
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 6:47:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Given his occupation I bet he doesn't have to fly anywhere.

He orders hookers and blow online.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 6:49:48 PM EDT
[#2]
He probably has tropical islands shipped & installed to his compound instead of travelling.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 6:50:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 6:50:07 PM EDT
[#4]
I respect the rights of billionaires to live however they want.

But I think they should be thrown into a deep dark hole when they bribe politicians to take my gun rights.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 6:51:14 PM EDT
[#5]

Bill Gates’ private jet

Bill Gates is the owner of a Bombardier BD-700 private jet. The BD 700 Global Express is a class of ultra long range corporate jets, and competes against the Gulfstream V, Boeing 737 BBJ and Airbus A319CJ. Designed to fly long distances at high speed, the Global Express' range is such that it can fly nonstop between intercontinental destinations such as Sydney/Los Angeles, New York/Tokyo and Taipei/Chicago. Bill Gates’ Jet can reach a speed of 935km/h (505kt) or Mach 0.88. Bill Gates private jet has a price of USD 45 million. Bill Gates jet registration is N887WM. The WM is for William and Mary, Gates’ parents. Through his membership of Netjets, Gates also partially owns a Boeing Business Jet (BBJ). Gates uses his private jets intensively, mainly for his work for the Bill and Melissa Gates Foundation.

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 6:52:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Less than his roommate in college Paul Allen does
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 6:53:11 PM EDT
[#7]
I worked for a research tank at a college for a brief stint and Gates actually came for a low key visit (his foundation was a big donor). They don't project power like the President's party does, but he is surrounded by the sort of dudes who have already come up with a plan to kill you the instant they see you. Some CEOs and bank heads probably have better security than the prez.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 6:59:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Fuck that guy
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 7:02:48 PM EDT
[#9]
I have worked in a few homes of people in a similar position to Gates.

Frankly, I was surprised at the lack of security they had.
Only one of them had full time security, a bodyguard/assistant who was a retired cop (nice guy too).

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 7:11:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
He probably has tropical islands shipped & installed to his compound instead of travelling.

View Quote

Does he require a reboot to use them?
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 7:11:14 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

View Quote
He has beach sand imported to his house in Seattle.

I've met some of the Vulcan Executive security folks.  A VERY interesting group with VERY interesting equipment.  I got the impression that when they travel, a lot of rules get forgotten or overlooked.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 7:11:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Gates is a world-class antigun twat, so I would expect he has a private army to protect him.
because he's so important and special, you see.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 7:14:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I worked for a research tank at a college for a brief stint and Gates actually came for a low key visit (his foundation was a big donor). They don't project power like the President's party does, but he is surrounded by the sort of dudes who have already come up with a plan to kill you the instant they see you. Some CEOs and ba
nk heads probably have better security than the prez.
View Quote

This is probably fairly close to the truth. A lot of the aforementioned people hire meat eaters to protect them rather than some pencil neck who graduated from an elite school with no life experience.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 7:18:01 PM EDT
[#14]
He used to helicopter into work, landing on the soccer field near my office (back when I worked at MS).
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 7:20:13 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

But I think they should be thrown into a deep dark hole when they bribe politicians to take my gun rights.
View Quote
As Gates has done.

I agree with you.

He has armed security to defend the lives of his family but would deny you that basic civil right.

Fuck. Bill. Gates.

And his wife made similar contributions to take away the rights you have to defend yourself.

Fuck. Melinda. Gates.

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 7:21:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
As Gates has done.    

I agree with you.

He has armed security to defend the lives of bios family but would deny you that basic civil right.

Fuck. Bill. Gates.

And his wife made similar contributions to take away the rights you have to defend yourself.

Fuck. Melinda. Gates.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

As Gates has done.    

I agree with you.

He has armed security to defend the lives of bios family but would deny you that basic civil right.

Fuck. Bill. Gates.

Fuck. Melinda. Gates.

This. Also, Fuck Paul Allen who did the same.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 7:22:19 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I've met some of the Vulcan Executive security folks.  A VERY interesting group with VERY interesting equipment.  I got the impression that when they travel, a lot of rules get forgotten or overlooked.
Yeah. Don't expect that Paul Allen's (Seattle Seahawks) security will be following the dictates of I-594's transfer provision that we mere peasants must follow.

Fuck. Paul. Allen.

Fuck. The. Seattle. Seahawks.

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 7:23:39 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If it makes you feel any better, I pissed in Paul Allen's pool twice.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 7:24:43 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

As Gates has done.    

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

As Gates has done.    

I agree with you.

He has armed security to defend the lives of his family but would deny you that basic civil right.

Fuck. Bill. Gates.

Fuck. Melinda. Gates.

his money

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 7:25:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Bet Bill is better to fly for, too.  (Although, I heard Allen's department is improving.)

However....

The firs rule about VVIP flying is....(wait for it)

DON'T TALK ABOUT VVIP FLYING!!!!

TC
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 7:27:06 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Bet Bill is better to fly for, too.  (Although, I heard Allen's department is improving.)

However....

TC
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

However....

TC

That's the first rule of Vulcan period - don't talk about anything related to Paul Allen, in any way, shape, or form.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 7:32:55 PM EDT
[#22]
Oh, and the members of the Billionaire Boys's Club have their hangars all in a row down on Boeing Field just on the edge of my neighborhood—Gates, McCaw, Amazon, Costco, Seahawks, etc. and take up a huge swath of the north side of the field.

My tax dollars pay for these clowns to keep their Lears and Gulfstreams and Pilatuses, and helicopters, and Beavers that are seldom used for much beyond flying their mistresses in and out of town on the weekends after taking their families to the "cabins" in the San Juan Islands. Worse yet, these planes fly 50 feet over my house, so I get to hear all the noise when their mistresses fly out on Monday morning.

Private jets and recips are the biggest scams still allowed by the US tax code. I worked on Boeing Field for years. I saw it in real life, so do not try to tell me I don't know what I'm talking about.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 7:33:46 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
That's the first rule of Vulcan period - don't talk about anything related to Paul Allen, in any way, shape, or form.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

However....

TC

Yep. Do not even mention that he might be . . .

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 7:38:09 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Oh, and the members of the Billionaire Boys's Club have their hangars all in a row down on Boeing Field just on the edge of my neighborhood—Gates, McCaw, Amazon, Costco, Seahawks, etc. and take up a huge swath of the north side of the field.

My tax dollars pay for these clowns to keep their Lears and Gulfstreams and Pilatuses, and helicopters, and Beavers that are seldom used for much beyond flying their mistresses in and out of town on the weekends after taking their families to the "cabins" in the San Juan Islands. Worse yet, these planes fly 50 feet over my house, so I get to hear all the noise when their mistresses fly out on Monday morning.

Private jets and recips are the biggest scams still allowed by the US tax code. I worked on Boeing Field for years. I saw it in real life, so do not try to tell me I don't know what I'm talking about.
View Quote

Was BFI there before you bought your house? Boeing spent a lot of money to retrofit my cousin's house on the north end of BFI, you can barely hear anything flying out if you're inside.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 7:44:55 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

However....

TC

For the record, I did piss in his pool. Twice.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 7:45:32 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

I get your outrage but, when BFI was built in the 1920's, the recips were a hell of a lot louder.  Also, I guarantee the non-CFM engined 707/KC-135/E-3 whatever are a whole fuckton louder than any business jet.  Don't like the Twin Otters or recip Beavers? I get it--to each his own but if you live near BFI, it's part of your life.

TC
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 7:48:32 PM EDT
[#27]
Looks like the mitigation program ran for five years. The upgrades to my cousin's house were astounding.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 7:48:35 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

I've met some of the Vulcan Executive security folks.  A VERY interesting group with VERY interesting equipment.  
View Quote

I got the impression that when they travel, a lot of rules get forgotten or overlooked.

That's the understatement of the day.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 7:48:59 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

Is someone jealous
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 8:03:41 PM EDT
[#30]
As many as he wants? I doubt he travels much, but I'd guess he has a jet of some sort. He isn't on tour or something like some of the people that have a reason to have a nice jet.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 8:05:43 PM EDT
[#31]
People worth billions will always be treated different than the average guy. Their security guys are ex gov wether it be military or fbi SS or dea. There friends are all still in gov and they get help the average guy never will.  just the way it is not going to change. When gates travels to a foreign country all our assets on the ground know about it and are there to assist.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 8:13:11 PM EDT
[#32]
The Vulcan security lawsuit was widely reported locally.

Paul Allen comes off as a big creep in the filings, stealing shit and illegally importing/exporting stuff in his planes.

Go Hawks.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 8:14:04 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

Im going with this!   An Oligarchy , thats what we have now!
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 8:52:13 PM EDT
[#34]
His Global Express is two hangers down from I work at Boeing Field. I see it all the time. Paul Allen on the other hand has a small fleet of different aircraft.

His Hanger
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 8:58:14 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Only one of them had full time security, a bodyguard/assistant who was a retired cop (nice guy too).

View Quote

No you haven't. He is upper tier rich. Like .000025% of upper tier.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 9:08:17 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
As Gates has done.    

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

As Gates has done.    

I agree with you.

Fuck. Bill. Gates.

Fuck. Melinda. Gates.

This is where the ultra rich sometimes cross the line from someone to admire to elitist scum. Just like the Nazi wannabe Bloomberg. Those to could have a mid-air collision and I'd throw a party.

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 9:11:14 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

Next time I fly into BFI, I'll fly over your house at 40 feet.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 9:19:01 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't know, I've got a billionaire as a quasi regular customer as well as his adult children. Don't know about their homes but they never had security in tow. Former NYC mayor, same thing.

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 9:24:35 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Bill Gates’ private jet
Bill Gates is the owner of a Bombardier BD-700 private jet. The BD 700 Global Express is a class of ultra long range corporate jets, and competes against the Gulfstream V, Boeing 737 BBJ and Airbus A319CJ. Designed to fly long distances at high speed, the Global Express' range is such that it can fly nonstop between intercontinental destinations such as Sydney/Los Angeles, New York/Tokyo and Taipei/Chicago. Bill Gates’ Jet can reach a speed of 935km/h (505kt) or Mach 0.88. Bill Gates private jet has a price of USD 45 million. Bill Gates jet registration is N887WM. The WM is for William and Mary, Gates’ parents. Through his membership of Netjets, Gates also partially owns a Boeing Business Jet (BBJ). Gates uses his private jets intensively, mainly for his work for the Bill and Melissa Gates Foundation.

http://www.superyachtfan.com/Bill_Gates_jet.jpg

View Quote

I'm sorry but the specs on the Global are incorrect.  It can not make the Sydney to Los Angeles run without refueling. It can not make New York to Japan either without refueling. And there is no way in he'll it can reach Taipie from Shitcago unless it made a stop for fuel in San Francisco. and Taipie is iffy depending on the winds.

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 9:33:57 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I worked for a research tank at a college for a brief stint and Gates actually came for a low key visit (his foundation was a big donor). They don't project power like the President's party does, but he is surrounded by the sort of dudes who have already come up with a plan to kill you the instant they see you. Some CEOs and bank heads probably have better security than the prez.
View Quote

LoL.  No.     You've obviously never seen what goes into a Presidential visit.    

You would be amazed, and as a Taxpayer, appalled.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 9:34:35 PM EDT
[#41]

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 9:40:06 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

You are completely talking outa your ass, about a subject you know nothing about.    In this thread, you are "That Guy". , Your comment about "Your tax Dollers", is honestly the most Idiotic statement made here all monh.    

I know we still have a couple days left, but I think you've got November Clinched.  
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 9:40:45 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

It's a free market, and people are free to gift as they like, in a free country anyway. No one forced that politician to accept lots of jobs for their district, real estate developments, campaign donations, or foil-wrapped twenties. It sounds like you're advocating campaign finance restrictions, and that's commie talk.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 9:42:16 PM EDT
[#44]
When Katrina hit New Orleans my next door neighbor at the time was Melinda Gates' cousin. Bill sent a cargo plane filled with water, food, fuel, and a handful of Operators to help out the family.

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 9:44:36 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

It's a free market, and people are free to gift as they like, in a free country anyway. No one forced that politician to accept lots of jobs for their district, real estate developments, campaign donations, or foil-wrapped twenties. It sounds like you're advocating campaign finance restrictions, and that's commie talk.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He reminds me of a former co-worker - he was happy to find a cheap house, right south of San Jose International Airport. Bitched constantly about the noise. What did you expect, moving next to an airport?

Or another co-worker who moved next to a gun range and constantly complained about the noise. Yeah buddy.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 9:53:14 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Interesting reading about working for that firm!
http://www.seattlepi.com/local/article/Former-guard-to-Seahawks-owner-Paul-Allen-5387163.php#page-3
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 10:03:18 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

All this goes on in Somalia
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 10:11:41 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
The Vulcan security lawsuit was widely reported locally.

Paul Allen comes off as a big creep in the filings, stealing shit and illegally importing/exporting stuff in his planes.

Go Hawks.
View Quote

So now I am wondering how many of the planes at Vulcan Warbirds are still "special"
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 10:12:26 PM EDT
[#49]
I know the guy who ran A/V stuff in his house for years.  yes, he has a full time guy, who's job it is, to simply run all the A/V stuff in his Washington house.

the house is *really* interesting,  there are corridors inside the walls, for the staff to move around in,  so they are not exposed to the house and vice-versa.   The staff is almost 100% isolated from the family at all times. Makes sense really.

He is also a casual shooter,  and ex navy, and said his security team is fairly sizeable, and almost all ex-special forces guys.  Most of them are full time,  and they rotate shifts or something.  I got the impression they were on a week off a week, or maybe on four off four or something.

he said the security guys were very chill and easy to deal with but also very professional,  and security was really tight.  They had briefings and check in procedures etc.

No clue how many planes he owns but it's got to be several.   Legend has it that he wanted to import a car that was not DOt tested, so he and Ballmer or someone else bought three, split the cost of the third and provided it to DOT to be crash tested so it could be certified.  Sounds like an urban legend to me....
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 10:13:06 PM EDT
[#50]
Back in 2001 I worked at a golf course by the Canadian boarder. Gates came into to play as well as Steve balmer.

Gates was a horrible golfer, on the 18th hole about 3 or 4 security guys came out of the woods while he was walking the fairway. I was also responsible for making sure he had everything he needed. Never tipped, no thank you at all to anyone.
Steve Balmer tipped me $50. He was a stand up guy.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top