Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/27/2014 4:54:18 PM EDT
Looking at new tires for my truck. 05 Toyota Tundra 2WD

I am replacing the BF Goodrich ATs (10ply) that I used for towing my SUV across the US from MD to AZ. I won't be towing anymore and do quite a few 100 mile plus trips from Sierra Vista AZ to Fort Bliss TX.

I was originally going to buy Michelin LTX M/S2s. However, with 2WD and winter coming, plus the occasional trail ride I was going to get the Goodyear Wrangler Adventures.

Has anyone used either and can comment. I'm convinced that most posts on the tire buying sites are made by company reps or die hard name-brand fans. I know that I would never run into those on here....... pause for laughter.

If you can give me some feedback before I spend $800+ dollars, much obliged.

Have a great Thanksgiving.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 4:59:11 PM EDT
[#1]
If you were considering the MS/2 you should take a look at the AT2.  Fabulous tire.

Also, BFG just released the AT KO2- a long overdue update the the All Terrains.

I have no experience with the Goodyear offering.

-p.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 5:01:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 5:10:55 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm going less aggressive this time. Especially with all the highway trips. I do the occasional trail. However, with 2WD and no lift, I'm pretty limited in what I put myself into (really 1WD). I towed 7,000lbs during the winter and wanted all the traction I could get with the BFGs, especially through WI and CO. Now it's all about the MPGs but in a survivable package (AZ has lots of things to poke through tires).
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 6:53:41 PM EDT
[#4]
I just put those tires on my Xterra (LT265/75-16 E rated, up from a P tire)..  the tire seems to have replaced the 'silent armor'

With only a few thousand miles on them - ride is smooth and quite.. And going from a P to a LT really didnt affect my MPG much at all.

I drove +90% on the highway, but still wanted something for the snows we have here in VA..

To date i would recommend them..

brian
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 9:58:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Goodyear Wrangler Adventures the  ride   is excellent. The downside is it's the softest compound of the tires you mentioned.
If you put a lot of miles on them they don't hold up . But I do like them.
  ride
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:12:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Good info. Same thinking here. I would really go with a road tire like the Michelins, except for those random non-paved roads around here and when the little snow that we get falls, there are no plows or salt trucks. It stays icy until it melts off.
Of course no salt is a nice change from growing up in the northeast.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top