BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:45:28 PM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Spoken like a disgruntled .300 Whisper fan.

Cabela's now has enough favors of .300BLK that I may actually get some sights and a muzzle device for the upper I've owned for a couple years but never fired.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGH!!!!!!!!

Why wont people stop talking about this useless concept of a round.  It would finally go into obscurity and be gone if people would simply stop talking about it.

it is useless and horrible. and serves no purpose whatsoever for any possible use.

AAC is stuck with all those handi rifles that nobody wants and finally lowered the price to sell them so they can then try to say people have bought into this useless concept.

I wonder how much Freedom group paid PSA to sell those useless rifles.

good luck finding ammo, since nobody is making it, and it is one of the hardest cartridges to reload for.

Cabela's now has enough favors of .300BLK that I may actually get some sights and a muzzle device for the upper I've owned for a couple years but never fired.
Isn't 300blk expensive enough without paying a 75% markup?

Who buys ammo from Cabela's?
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:58:21 PM EDT
[#2]
garyd I'm not sure what the daily bag limit is for trolling but I suspect that you are way over the limit.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 12:05:43 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Is there any reason I couldn't put a Surefire muzzle device on this? Other than the AAC irony I mean.
View Quote
Tim I put a Surefire flash hider on my AAC 300 BLK Handi-Rifle and use it with my Surefire FA762K; with subsonics it is stupid quiet...and fun.

Link Posted: 11/28/2014 12:06:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why wont people stop talking about this useless concept of a round.  It would finally go into obscurity and be gone if people would simply stop talking about it.

it is useless and horrible. and serves no purpose whatsoever for any possible use.

AAC is stuck with all those handi rifles that nobody wants and finally lowered the price to sell them so they can then try to say people have bought into this useless concept.

good luck finding ammo, since nobody is making it, and it is one of the hardest cartridges to reload for.

The new Cabelas in Acworth, GA has had Fiocchi 5.56 in 50rd boxes for 15.99 since they opened, hardly unreasonable.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 12:09:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Whatever gets people in the mode to buy converted BLK brass.

Cuz I know a guy...
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 12:09:34 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Lol.  The jig us up.

I know everything I posted in this thread was obnoxious.  But everything I posted has in fact been told to me by individuals that have an irrational hatred of the 300 blk.

That includes the ridiculous derp about 300 blk not working in extreme cold.   It is a complete load of manure.

OP.  The handi  is a fun little rifle.  I don't have one in 300 blk yet. But have held them and they are very small and compact.  Several guys on 300blk talk.com have them and like them.  There have been some issues with vertical stringing.  But I have not heard of it with the newer ones.

I have a AAC model 7 that can be really quite with some handloads.

View Quote

I thought something was up!  I follow the reloading thread loosely and coulda sworn you were.....familiar
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 12:15:25 AM EDT
[#7]
I ordered one, looks like fun!
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 12:17:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I tried to reloading for the useless cartridge and rounds kept falling out the barrel and hitting the dirt in front of me
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You must be bad at reloading if you think it is hard with the 300BLK.  There is also lots of plinking ammo available now as well.

The reason AAC is blowing out inventory is because they are moving.

I tried to reloading for the useless cartridge and rounds kept falling out the barrel and hitting the dirt in front of me

Link Posted: 11/28/2014 12:18:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
H110 is flake powder?  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I love my 300 BLK. It's easy to convert brass for and not hard to load for! What do you have against the round? And there ARE companies making ammo for it and it's readily available. Buy it op that's a great deal

Yeah that is what people keep trying to convince themselves of.  Is anyone making ammo that works in cold weather for it yet.  You are aware that it simply won't work in cold weather. I mean it won't even function.  the flake pistol powders used in the loads don't ignite properly or even at all in cold weather.
H110 is flake powder?  

There is a certain 6.5 Grendel proponent that believes that H110 and 1680 are pistol powders that simply won't work in the cold.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 12:24:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
well bless your little heart, I'm not sure weather to consider you a fudd or liberal now.   Thanks for knowing whats best for the rest of us dad  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

that's your argument to tell me that 300blk doesn't work in a break action single shot rifle  

4198 is a rifle powder, another common powder used to improve ar cycling with subs.  but hey, you read it on the interwebz right?  I'll try and not use it when it's -22 degrees here in FL....    

i'd be curious as to what subsonic round you would recommend?

why would you want to even to consider susbonic.  Only wannabe operators and poachers want to use subsonics.
well bless your little heart, I'm not sure weather to consider you a fudd or liberal now.   Thanks for knowing whats best for the rest of us dad  

calibration... sarcasm  
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 12:27:19 AM EDT
[#11]
I took a nice doe this year with Remingtons hog hammer ammo out of an 8" barrel.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 2:38:24 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
</a>

Less than $.10 a round!
View Quote

no where as cheep but hella sexy..

Yup some of the noses are tweeked.. Seconds..
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 2:39:40 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

http://i1370.photobucket.com/albums/ag263/Bsr_Bullets/IMG_1158_zps34fa638a.jpg

View All Quotes
Quoted:

you ever start selling those?

Link Posted: 11/28/2014 2:42:52 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

you mean the un mutilated nose ones.. Ya.. since October..
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 2:44:10 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

link?

any BF specials on seconds?  
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 2:47:04 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
link?  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

link?  

ya don't want the seconds.. Trust me.. its not like nosler seconds.. these are OMG WTF happened.. Shit are you really going to shoot that..
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 8:18:45 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
garyd I'm not sure what the daily bag limit is for trolling but I suspect that you are way over the limit.
View Quote

I considered continuing the hunt  but figured I was already over my limit.

Like I said though.  Everything I posted has been said and or claimed by individuals with an irrational hatred of the 300blk.

the 300blk is one of the most awesome variants for the ar15, and the fact that other gun types are being produced for it shows it has gained an interest by a lot of people.

on another board that will renamed unnamed they still have such an irrational hatred, that they still perpetuate these lies.  Not everyone on the board, but a lot of them.  I peek on over there once in a while and just look at any reference to the 300blk.  same herp and derp, different day.  A new one I saw recently over there, calls the 300 blk the 300 Barack Obama.  someone will ask a question about the 300blk and reference the ease in reloading it with the large amount of available projectiles especially for subs, and a good portion of the prominent membership will steer them towards anything but the 300blk.  The 338 spectre, which by all accounts is a great wildcat, but is no where near as easy to get up and going as a 300blk.  but that will be what they will try to steer one towards, just because it is not a 300 blk

the above quote by LRRF52 is a direct word for word quote.  he swears that super secret squirrels, that work in environments I have never heard of  tried to get the 300 whisper to work, but according to him it would not  I asked Rsilvers about it and he told me that the 300blk was tested down to -60 degrees Fahrenheit with no problems, subs and supers.  

I still keep getting told the 300blk subsonics are horrible for hunting.  but in almost every case, when I press the individual for bullet type, they are using the wrong bullet.  one needs something like Fats Mcnasty's bullets.  but nope it sucks and I am wrong.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 8:21:05 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
http://media.giphy.com/media/imJROsRKwBdeg/giphy.gif

I thought something was up!  I follow the reloading thread loosely and coulda sworn you were.....familiar
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol.  The jig us up.

I know everything I posted in this thread was obnoxious.  But everything I posted has in fact been told to me by individuals that have an irrational hatred of the 300 blk.

That includes the ridiculous derp about 300 blk not working in extreme cold.   It is a complete load of manure.

OP.  The handi  is a fun little rifle.  I don't have one in 300 blk yet. But have held them and they are very small and compact.  Several guys on 300blk talk.com have them and like them.  There have been some issues with vertical stringing.  But I have not heard of it with the newer ones.

I have a AAC model 7 that can be really quite with some handloads.

http://media.giphy.com/media/imJROsRKwBdeg/giphy.gif

I humbly beg your forgiveness for the deception  Well not really, because really it was kind of fun

Like I said though,  everything I said has been told to me at one time or another, some of it recently
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 10:32:41 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I've seen more 300 blk on the shelf then 357.  Plinking ammo for 300blk is a long ways off unless you hand load.    
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I've seen more 300 blk on the shelf then 357.  Plinking ammo for 300blk is a long ways off unless you hand load.    

I really don't give a shit how much is on the shelf if it's over $1 per round - and it is

Quoted:
A new one I saw recently over there, calls the 300 blk the 300 Barack Obama.

from an economic perspective, I see his point
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 10:47:30 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I really don't give a shit how much is on the shelf if it's over $1 per round - and it is

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
A new one I saw recently over there, calls the 300 blk the 300 Barack Obama.

Have you ever shot anything that wasn't 223 or 762x39 out of a rifle?  Not every gun has to be 300 rounds a range trip gun.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 11:22:02 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sometimes I buy reloading supplies from them. If I hit a bottleneck and have free time on a given day.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 11:28:41 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Have you ever shot anything that wasn't 223 or 762x39 out of a rifle?  Not every gun has to be 300 rounds a range trip gun.
View Quote

yes I have I can get fucking surplus 7.62x51 for cheaper than blackout

if I wanted some expensive fancy boy bullshit, I'd buy another bolt gun, not build an AR
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 11:34:03 AM EDT
[#23]
"don't shoot it as much" is a bogus cop-out defense of expensive platforms, and encourages mediocre performance

I think blackout has some great potential, but the ammo situation blows period.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 11:47:40 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

if I wanted some expensive fancy boy bullshit, I'd buy another bolt gun, not build an AR
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

this is a thread about a single shot break action rifle

this should help with finding less than $1 a round

http://www.gunbot.net/ammo/rifle/300blackout/

Link Posted: 11/28/2014 11:52:27 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
this is a thread about a single shot break action rifle
View Quote

yeah I remembered that after I posted
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 12:31:42 PM EDT
[#26]
So have we decided if this a good deal or not? I'm interested and I don't even have a use for it.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 1:43:29 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
So have we decided if this a good deal or not? I'm interested and I don't even have a use for it.
View Quote

Yes DO ET!
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 1:56:38 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Tim I put a Surefire flash hider on my AAC 300 BLK Handi-Rifle and use it with my Surefire FA762K; with subsonics it is stupid quiet...and fun.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is there any reason I couldn't put a Surefire muzzle device on this? Other than the AAC irony I mean.

Thanks for the the input.  I've got a 762 Socom and a 9mm Gemtech that will probably work as well.  Who wouldn't want to put a $1800 suppressor and a $1000 optic on a $250 gun?
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 2:04:30 PM EDT
[#29]
We know the ammo is pricey unless you reload. I have a nice stash of subsonic ammo I got when I purchased a 16 inch 300 BO upper (barf). The appeal of the Handi is one round at a time, nice and slow, ammo will last longer. Makes good sense to add a suppressor though and again, with a needed optic BAM mad $$$.
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 12:34:58 AM EDT
[#30]
Well fuck.  I went back to get it and it's gone from PSA and back up to regular price at Buds.
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 1:18:45 AM EDT
[#31]
I ordered two from PSA and at check out it kept changing my order to one, finally I got their system to accept the order for two.  
At the last show I bought 500 rounds of Fiocchi 150gr for $300. which I didn't think was too bad, even though I reload a LOT of thirty caliber, and have BO brass.

There was a time when "standard" cartridges in this Country really weren't all that powerful (by comparison) and yet game was killed all the time with little ol'e lead bullets running less than 2,000fps. Would you not shoot a Deer with a .357 Revolver?  Did Soldiers not die after being shot with a .30 Carbine? Is 9mm not an effective round?  Shot placement has as much more to do with killing than power.
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 1:10:11 PM EDT
[#33]
Anyone know what the difference is between model 72430 and 102602 on these?
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 1:37:20 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Dafuq did I just read
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lobbing slow moving 30cal bullets around out of a single shot rifle.
The poachers of the world will be all over it. Dragging a critter more than fifty yards back to the truck.
Is bad for business. Take a 300$ rifle and add 600$ worth the suppressor. Do you think a game warden is absolutely stupid?

Nope not for me I would rather have it in 308.

Dafuq did I just read

Wise words from a guy who I imagine looks a lot like this:
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 1:47:28 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
 maybe you should come back and not troll when you haven't been drinking.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know you're taking the piss, but you are right about the ammo situation being fucking heinous

I just built a 300blk sbr and was expecting to be able to get UMC supers for $11/20 or fiocchi for <$30/50, turns out the cheap umc doesn't seem to exist anymore and the prices locally on the fiocchi are unacceptable

and yes I have dies for it, but being forced to reload all my blasting ammo to avoid taking it up the ass on price is not cool

In my area it's fairly easy to find for a decent price. Academy has about 5 loadings, Wal-Mart has 3, LGS always have it. But I think it just needs time, because this time last year it was no where to be found. I still can't find 22 or 9mm for less than $14/50, but I can always pick up a box or two of 300. Once Wolf starts loading it, it's going to be a game changer.

Of course it is on the shelf.   Nobody is buying it because they know it sucks.
 maybe you should come back and not troll when you haven't been drinking.  

Garyd hates 300 BLK with his whole body, including his pee pee. I heard that he once killed a whole town because a somebody dropped a piece of .300 brass at a diner.

He has never, ever fired a 300 BLK, especially not at deer.
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 1:49:19 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Garyd hates 300 BLK with his whole body, including his pee pee. I heard that he once killed a whole town because a somebody dropped a piece of .300 brass at a diner.

View Quote

if a 300 case falls to the ground and no one else is around, will he fold a frisbee hard?
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 3:04:38 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

if a 300 case falls to the ground and no one else is around, will he fold a frisbee hard?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top