Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 6:40:20 PM EDT
[#1]
If it was legal to hunt with less than .35 here during primitive weapon season I would be all over one of those.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 6:51:08 PM EDT
[#2]
It should be smaller than the Ruger American Ranch Rifle-but for a couple dollars more I would get he Ruger in a few months.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 6:51:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Since AAC stole the idea and SAAMI Specced it proves the uselessness of it.  only scum would take a wildcat cartridge and SAAMI spec it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGH!!!!!!!!

Why wont people stop talking about this useless concept of a round.  It would finally go into obscurity and be gone if people would simply stop talking about it.

it is useless and horrible. and serves no purpose whatsoever for any possible use.

AAC is stuck with all those handi rifles that nobody wants and finally lowered the price to sell them so they can then try to say people have bought into this useless concept.

I wonder how much Freedom group paid PSA to sell those useless rifles.

good luck finding ammo, since nobody is making it, and it is one of the hardest cartridges to reload for.

Spoken like a disgruntled .300 Whisper fan.

Cabela's now has enough favors of .300BLK that I may actually get some sights and a muzzle device for the upper I've owned for a couple years but never fired.

Since AAC stole the idea and SAAMI Specced it proves the uselessness of it.  only scum would take a wildcat cartridge and SAAMI spec it.

Folks used to say the same things about .30 carbine.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 7:16:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I've seen more 300 blk on the shelf then 357.  Plinking ammo for 300blk is a long ways off unless you hand load.    
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why wont people stop talking about this useless concept of a round.  It would finally go into obscurity and be gone if people would simply stop talking about it.

it is useless and horrible. and serves no purpose whatsoever for any possible use.

AAC is stuck with all those handi rifles that nobody wants and finally lowered the price to sell them so they can then try to say people have bought into this useless concept.

good luck finding ammo, since nobody is making it, and it is one of the hardest cartridges to reload for.

I know you're taking the piss, but you are right about the ammo situation being fucking heinous

I just built a 300blk sbr and was expecting to be able to get UMC supers for $11/20 or fiocchi for <$30/50, turns out the cheap umc doesn't seem to exist anymore and the prices locally on the fiocchi are unacceptable

and yes I have dies for it, but being forced to reload all my blasting ammo to avoid taking it up the ass on price is not cool

In my area it's fairly easy to find for a decent price. Academy has about 5 loadings, Wal-Mart has 3, LGS always have it. But I think it just needs time, because this time last year it was no where to be found. I still can't find 22 or 9mm for less than $14/50, but I can always pick up a box or two of 300. Once Wolf starts loading it, it's going to be a game changer.
I've seen more 300 blk on the shelf then 357.  Plinking ammo for 300blk is a long ways off unless you hand load.    

Of course it is on the shelf.   Nobody is buying it because they know it sucks.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 7:19:00 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I know you're taking the piss, but you are right about the ammo situation being fucking heinous

I just built a 300blk sbr and was expecting to be able to get UMC supers for $11/20 or fiocchi for <$30/50, turns out the cheap umc doesn't seem to exist anymore and the prices locally on the fiocchi are unacceptable

and yes I have dies for it, but being forced to reload all my blasting ammo to avoid taking it up the ass on price is not cool

In my area it's fairly easy to find for a decent price. Academy has about 5 loadings, Wal-Mart has 3, LGS always have it. But I think it just needs time, because this time last year it was no where to be found. I still can't find 22 or 9mm for less than $14/50, but I can always pick up a box or two of 300. Once Wolf starts loading it, it's going to be a game changer.

maybe you should come back and not troll when you haven't been drinking.  

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 7:21:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Spoken like a disgruntled .300 Whisper fan.

Cabela's now has enough favors of .300BLK that I may actually get some sights and a muzzle device for the upper I've owned for a couple years but never fired.

but AAC went out of their way to steel it from JD jones.  Sure they made a couple of small changes since JD jones had it patented.  But AAC standardizing it is the epitome of dishonesty, lies and deceit.  what kind of scum does that.?  then to make it worse they tried to actually promote it buy paying millions of dollars to countless gun magazines, and the outdoor channel.  Made back handed deals with a whole bunch of smaller manufactures to make 300blk products, that these manufactures are now stuck with because of how useless the round is.   Frankly if people would stop talking about it, it would go away.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 7:24:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

They bought off all kinds of gun rags, gun shows, gun shops, and spent millions on a advertising campaign to convince people how great this useless round is.  it does nothing very well at all, everything it does sucks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Can you show us on the doll where the AAC man touched you?

They bought off all kinds of gun rags, gun shows, gun shops, and spent millions on a advertising campaign to convince people how great this useless round is.  it does nothing very well at all, everything it does sucks.

Nope. It kills Turkeys DRT. And so silently that current prescribed limit of 4 is not even fair. Even with my single shot Encore
Go for it OP. You'll love it
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 7:29:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Here you don't believe me about it not working ask member LRRPF52.

He posted this information below in the last thread brought up about this useless cartridge

Originally Posted By LRRPF52 :

300BLK is pretty expensive when it comes to ammo, unless you buy some off-the-wall loaded ammo from places that aren't well established yet.

As a subsonic, it performs poorly from the AR15 in extreme cold (doesn't work). I look at it more as a novelty than anything else, to be honest. It's only relevance as a fair weather friend is as a subsonic toy, unless you limit your hunting or door-kicking to warm weather where pistol powders will actually cycle the action, and as a super, it is easily outdone by many other cartridges.

In my opinion, it is the product of a very massive marketing scheme more than any inherent performance.

If you are limiting yourself to these two choices, there is no real comparison with 6.8 SPC.
View Quote

and this was his response to someone who did not have the first clue about the 300blk

Your tirade doesn't help your argument any. This is why I have stayed out of the 300BLK discussions, since it really doesn't interest me anymore. However, for you that are vested in it, be aware that there are people you haven't heard of that actually do testing in conditions that you probably never will leave the front door into, especially in NC.

You wouldn't be aware of the extensive testing done by coalition partners with 300 Whisper well before Freedom Group jumped on this. You wouldn't be aware of the testing done by manufacturers who you don't even know that make 300 BLK AR15's, as well as ammunition. You are basically in the dark about some of the most important RDT&E of the 300 Whisper, and will continue to remain so.

There are coalition partners who deal with extreme cold weather that you rarely see in the US, unless you're in the Great Lakes region or Alaska. Reliability is important to them in extreme cold. 300 Whisper subsonic SBR does not work in those conditions. Sorry you did not get the memo, but it doesn't matter to you anyway. You'll never see those temps, unless a strange polar vortex works its way down through North kakalakki. Looks like you don't have anything to worry about.

For those that are in Montana, Wyoming, and parts of Colorado that have 300 Whisper/AAC/BLK AR15's, with 8" to 10" barrels, with a suppressor, and any of the subsonic loads: Please go outside, to the range, whatever, and see how your gun runs. Right now, all the worst temps in the US are roughly 16-20 degrees higher than the temps I'm talking about, like -30 C / -22F.

As you can see, we're nowhere near those temps, even with the Polar Vortex. I do know that brass-cased 5.56 and 7.62x39 work fine at those temps, including shooting in high volume, with a lot of heat/freeze/heat/freeze cycles on the guns over days.

You also exposed yourself as someone who can't let an emotional connection with this cartridge keep you from characterizing my understanding of the AR15 gas as "rudimentary". To the contrary, I'm pretty sure you have a lot to learn about the AR15 gas system, and as you so correctly pointed out in the beginning of your emotional rebuttal, the party is way ahead of you, and no, you did not get an invitation to the extreme cold weather testing on this cartridge.

As to the marketing by Freedom Group, I've personally experienced it from FG executives at SHOT F2F who don't know jack squat about guns, but saw an opportunity to jump in the market as venture capitalists. 300AAC is a money-maker to them, nothing more. They could care less about ballistics, as long as it sells well based on a comprehensive marketing scheme that millions of neckbeards will swallow for the mere fact that it is a .30 bore, and the addition of a 3rd decimal place implies some type of superior stacking against other calibers. As a sub, it's a functional system that does bring real capabilities to people who need them, as long as the weather is good.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 7:31:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
 maybe you should come back and not troll when you haven't been drinking.  

View Quote

Don't drink.  have not had a drop of alcohol since 1992
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 7:35:40 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

He posted this information below in the last thread brought up about this useless cartridge
and this was his response to someone who did not have the first clue about the 300blk
View All Quotes
Quoted:

300BLK is pretty expensive when it comes to ammo, unless you buy some off-the-wall loaded ammo from places that aren't well established yet.
As a subsonic, it performs poorly from the AR15 in extreme cold (doesn't work). I look at it more as a novelty than anything else, to be honest. It's only relevance as a fair weather friend is as a subsonic toy, unless you limit your hunting or door-kicking to warm weather where pistol powders will actually cycle the action, and as a super, it is easily outdone by many other cartridges.
In my opinion, it is the product of a very massive marketing scheme more than any inherent performance.
If you are limiting yourself to these two choices, there is no real comparison with 6.8 SPC.

Your tirade doesn't help your argument any. This is why I have stayed out of the 300BLK discussions, since it really doesn't interest me anymore. However, for you that are vested in it, be aware that there are people you haven't heard of that actually do testing in conditions that you probably never will leave the front door into, especially in NC.
You wouldn't be aware of the extensive testing done by coalition partners with 300 Whisper well before Freedom Group jumped on this. You wouldn't be aware of the testing done by manufacturers who you don't even know that make 300 BLK AR15's, as well as ammunition. You are basically in the dark about some of the most important RDT&E of the 300 Whisper, and will continue to remain so.
There are coalition partners who deal with extreme cold weather that you rarely see in the US, unless you're in the Great Lakes region or Alaska. Reliability is important to them in extreme cold. 300 Whisper subsonic SBR does not work in those conditions. Sorry you did not get the memo, but it doesn't matter to you anyway. You'll never see those temps, unless a strange polar vortex works its way down through North kakalakki. Looks like you don't have anything to worry about.
For those that are in Montana, Wyoming, and parts of Colorado that have 300 Whisper/AAC/BLK AR15's, with 8" to 10" barrels, with a suppressor, and any of the subsonic loads: Please go outside, to the range, whatever, and see how your gun runs. Right now, all the worst temps in the US are roughly 16-20 degrees higher than the temps I'm talking about, like -30 C / -22F.
As you can see, we're nowhere near those temps, even with the Polar Vortex. I do know that brass-cased 5.56 and 7.62x39 work fine at those temps, including shooting in high volume, with a lot of heat/freeze/heat/freeze cycles on the guns over days.
You also exposed yourself as someone who can't let an emotional connection with this cartridge keep you from characterizing my understanding of the AR15 gas as "rudimentary". To the contrary, I'm pretty sure you have a lot to learn about the AR15 gas system, and as you so correctly pointed out in the beginning of your emotional rebuttal, the party is way ahead of you, and no, you did not get an invitation to the extreme cold weather testing on this cartridge.
As to the marketing by Freedom Group, I've personally experienced it from FG executives at SHOT F2F who don't know jack squat about guns, but saw an opportunity to jump in the market as venture capitalists. 300AAC is a money-maker to them, nothing more. They could care less about ballistics, as long as it sells well based on a comprehensive marketing scheme that millions of neckbeards will swallow for the mere fact that it is a .30 bore, and the addition of a 3rd decimal place implies some type of superior stacking against other calibers. As a sub, it's a functional system that does bring real capabilities to people who need them, as long as the weather is good.

that's your argument to tell me that 300blk doesn't work in a break action single shot rifle

4198 is a rifle powder, another common powder used to improve ar cycling with subs.  but hey, you read it on the interwebz right?  I'll try and not use it when it's -22 degrees here in FL....    

i'd be curious as to what subsonic round you would recommend?

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 7:38:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

If I were to build an SBR shorter than, say, 12", it would be either a pistol caliber or 300BLK. Why? Annoying shorter than 14" or so is just wasting powder in a 556
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 7:40:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I love my 300 BLK. It's easy to convert brass for and not hard to load for! What do you have against the round? And there ARE companies making ammo for it and it's readily available. Buy it op that's a great deal
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I love my 300 BLK. It's easy to convert brass for and not hard to load for! What do you have against the round? And there ARE companies making ammo for it and it's readily available. Buy it op that's a great deal

Somebody slept though class when they taught sarcasm.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 7:41:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
that's your argument to tell me that 300blk doesn't work in a break action single shot rifle  

4198 is a rifle powder, another common powder used to improve ar cycling with subs.  but hey, you read it on the interwebz right?  I'll try and not use it when it's -22 degrees here in FL....    
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you know LRRPF52 then you would know he is strongly in the know.  so his word is gospel.  especially when speaking about the uselessness of the 300blk
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 7:43:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

why would you want to even to consider susbonic.  Only wannabe operators and poachers want to use subsonics.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 7:43:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Your title is so long
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 7:44:35 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
If you know LRRPF52 then you would know he is strongly in the know.  so his word is gospel.  especially when speaking about the uselessness of the 300blk
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

i'm not discounting his argument.   He clearly states MOST people won't ever be into the conditions that give the round problems in the US unless you live in the extreme cold.  So why are you cherry picking his examples to discount the effectiveness of a small, lightweight, simple and quiet rifle?

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 7:46:46 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
why would you want to even to consider susbonic.  Only wannabe operators and poachers want to use subsonics.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

well bless your little heart, I'm not sure weather to consider you a fudd or liberal now.   Thanks for knowing whats best for the rest of us dad

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 7:50:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

i'm not discounting his argument.   He clearly states MOST people won't ever be into the conditions that give the round problems in the US unless you live in the extreme cold.  So why are you cherry picking his examples to discount the effectiveness of a small, lightweight, simple and quiet rifle?  
View Quote

if you read his post you see he states how the flake powders have ignition problems. I read where RSilvers said the 300blk was tested as low as -60 degrees .  now who would you believe.  Rsilvers or LRRPF52?
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 7:52:26 PM EDT
[#19]
<===
Quoted:
well bless your little heart, I'm not sure weather to consider you a fudd or liberal now.   Thanks for knowing whats best for the rest of us dad  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can't help the truth
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 7:53:18 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
if you read his post you see he states how the flake powders have ignition problems. I read where RSilvers said the 300blk was tested as low as -60 degrees .  now who would you believe.  Rsilvers or LRRPF52?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

H110 is not a flake powder

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 7:58:41 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I looked at it. Passed

For a couple hundred bucks more I will get a ruger american ranch instead.
View Quote

This, I have the Ruger on order at my local shop.

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 8:04:28 PM EDT
[#22]
DOES THIS QUALIFY FOR AAC $200 REBATE?
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 8:17:54 PM EDT
[#23]
garyd.   OK on that.

.300 Blackout for the Win.  ???  Now that's strange.

gd
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 8:25:51 PM EDT
[#24]
Is there any reason I couldn't put a Surefire muzzle device on this? Other than the AAC irony I mean.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 8:32:08 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

Troll much?
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 8:36:08 PM EDT
[#26]
Thompson Center Contender.  Mo betta.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 9:30:02 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Thompson Center Contender.  Mo betta.
View Quote

Yes, but for $250?
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 9:47:08 PM EDT
[#28]
If your outside and it so fucking cold that the gunpowder in your 300 BLK won't go off your a fucking idiot . Seriously  is this the real down fall of this cartridge ?  If it's that cold outside I'll be shooting the fucker out the window from my couch.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 9:50:28 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

says you
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 9:53:44 PM EDT
[#30]
300 blk sucks. I heard on the internet that this guy shot a 300lb+ hog with a subsonic fmj and the hog just ran off. 124 FMJ 9mm is better any day of the week as well as Saturday and sometimes even Sunday.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 9:55:10 PM EDT
[#31]
I think that rifle is sexy. Add a PA Microdot and you have a real handy package.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 9:56:55 PM EDT
[#32]
Still waiting for the damn link for PSA?
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 9:58:03 PM EDT
[#33]
I may get one and sbr it. It would make a sweet first deer rifle for my son.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 9:58:47 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
says you
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

says you
Interesting how much testing you do for a round you hate though

I think we shall just have to agree to disagree

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 9:59:23 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

View Quote
I thought about it, but it really doesn't need it.  Pretty much youth size as it is

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 10:00:29 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I thought about it, but it really doesn't need it.  Pretty much youth size as it is

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The gun is short already with no action. The barrel starts right above the trigger.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 10:02:39 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

The gun is short already with no action. The barrel starts right above the trigger.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Planning to hang a can off the end. Thought a shorter barrel might make it a little handier.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 10:04:00 PM EDT
[#38]
for that price it was a no brainer... plus i found some blackout @13 bucks a box
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 10:04:32 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

Don't know exactly how to post the link from my phone but from their home page , go to Black Friday , then firearms and on page 7 at the bottom, maybe this might work. http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/aac-h-r-handi-rifle-300aac-suppressor-ready-w-rail-72430.html
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 10:05:11 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Don't know exactly how to post the link from my phone but from their home page , go to Black Friday , then firearms and on page 7 at the bottom,
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't know exactly how to post the link from my phone but from their home page , go to Black Friday , then firearms and on page 7 at the bottom,

Uh, copy and paste?
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 10:07:49 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Uh, copy and paste?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Uh, copy and paste?

lol my phone skills are lacking but I put it In the post above.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 10:17:22 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Don't know exactly how to post the link from my phone but from their home page , go to Black Friday , then firearms and on page 7 at the bottom, maybe this might work. http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/aac-h-r-handi-rifle-300aac-suppressor-ready-w-rail-72430.html
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 10:17:27 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 10:18:30 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

says you

Lol.  The jig us up.

I know everything I posted in this thread was obnoxious.  But everything I posted has in fact been told to me by individuals that have an irrational hatred of the 300 blk.

That includes the ridiculous derp about 300 blk not working in extreme cold.   It is a complete load of manure.

OP.  The handi  is a fun little rifle.  I don't have one in 300 blk yet. But have held them and they are very small and compact.  Several guys on 300blk talk.com have them and like them.  There have been some issues with vertical stringing.  But I have not heard of it with the newer ones.

I have a AAC model 7 that can be really quite with some handloads.

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 10:54:59 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
DOES THIS QUALIFY FOR AAC $200 REBATE?
View Quote

It looks like it doesn't as it is on suppressors and SBRs.
Damn the Man
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:06:31 PM EDT
[#46]
Hey, Gary! Thanks for sending me the vaccine that saved me from the ebola I got from just looking at 300BLK uppers!

Saved my life, man! I owe ya!

ETA: Ah, shit! He came out already!
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:10:41 PM EDT
[#47]
Um, I am pretty sure the Handi is a single-shot, and I am pretty sure that it works in the cold up here in MN.

I would buy one if my .44Mag handi didn't do pretty much the same thing.  Small, light, simple, kills deer.  I use mine in crappy weather from a deer stand when I don't want to abuse my "nice" rifle.

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:32:19 PM EDT
[#48]

Less than $.10 a round!
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:32:25 PM EDT
[#49]
good price but no sights, need an optic just to get shooting
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:39:12 PM EDT
[#50]
This thread is all sorts of

Nothing wrong with the 300BO Handi though. Accurate, handy lil guns. I have no interest in 300BO preferring 7.62x39 (and have a x39 barrel for my handi to go with my AK) but it's still a nice gun and caliber combo.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top