Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 4:06:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
assume his identity and collect the rest of his packages?
View Quote

That's a great idea. No telling what you'd score.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 4:14:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Sooooo many places in the world where $860 is worth a man's life.

Too bad San Diego isn't one of them.
View Quote

Life is probably pretty cheap in Tj!
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 4:16:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
you should have added a couple of 30 round mags to the order  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Call ATF, he is building M16 full auto baby killing machines, with 50 round bannana clips, seriously, did you tell them he is buying gun parts to make illegal firearms?

If the guy has AR parts, you can say that there is an incredibly high likelihood that he is also in possession of high cap mags that are in fact illegal in California.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 4:27:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Why worry about it?

His cousin will probably kill him with it.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 4:28:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

If the guy has AR parts, you can say that there is an incredibly high likelihood that he is also in possession of high cap mags that are in fact illegal in California.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Call ATF, he is building M16 full auto baby killing machines, with 50 round bannana clips, seriously, did you tell them he is buying gun parts to make illegal firearms?

Point of fact. The possession of hi cap mags is not illegal. It's not even illegal to buy them. It's only illegal to sell them, give them, import them or manufacture them. The SOL on that is three years. So even if dumb e ough to admitt importing them from Nevada, the when matters.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 4:57:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Hmmmmm....  I like that!

It would not be an illegal firearm unless he is prohibited from buying one. I did a quick local court check and could not find a felony conviction for him. But I'd bet if I could do a national search on him I might found one. Buddy of mine is a sergeant in PD. Going to shoot him an email now. I bet he could do a national search. If this SOB has any felony conviction, then I might get some traction with the San Diego PD to go after him.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hmmmmm....  I like that!

It would not be an illegal firearm unless he is prohibited from buying one. I did a quick local court check and could not find a felony conviction for him. But I'd bet if I could do a national search on him I might found one. Buddy of mine is a sergeant in PD. Going to shoot him an email now. I bet he could do a national search. If this SOB has any felony conviction, then I might get some traction with the San Diego PD to go after him.

Careful, anyone with access to that kind of database needs to use it for authorized purposes. Meaning your buddy needs to speak to a supervisor about this first, otherwise he can get in trouble if using it for personal reasons.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 5:02:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Point of fact. The possession of hi cap mags is not illegal. It's not even illegal to buy them. It's only illegal to sell them, give them, import them or manufacture them. The SOL on that is three years. So even if dumb e ough to admitt importing them from Nevada, the when matters.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Call CADOJ

about the gun parts..Embellish.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 5:04:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 5:06:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 5:08:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Go to as many local books stores as you can.  Flip through magazines and take all the subscription cards and send them in with his address with "bill me later".  He'll spend fucking forever on the phone trying to cancel all that shit.  If you're lucky, he'll give up and they will send them to collection.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 5:17:43 PM EDT
[#11]
It's not $1000.  It's $860, which makes it a misd. Which under California law means a search warrant cannot be obtained, the cop cannot arrest unless committed in his presence and even if arrested he must be released on a citation. That's what California voters just passed. The cops are certainly not happy a out it. But it's the law now.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 5:18:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
It's not $1000.  It's $860, which makes it a misd. Which under California law means a search warrant cannot be obtained, the cop cannot arrest unless committed in his presence and even if arrested he must be released on a citation. That's what California voters just passed. The cops are certainly not happy a out it. But it's the law now.
View Quote

So I guess that means they can't arrest you if you go steal it back, right?
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 5:21:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Unfortunately, as a vendor you get screwed by the credit card companies. Only as a consumer do you have a lot of protections.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Call the credit card loss prevention.   Just a thought.

With a stolen card, we have to eat it. No way to get the money back.

Bullcrap. You are the customer. Act like it.

Unfortunately, as a vendor you get screwed by the credit card companies. Only as a consumer do you have a lot of protections.

Yep
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 5:22:35 PM EDT
[#14]
I know who you are, and I know what you're doing. I don't care about the rest, but I want my gun parts back. Return them to me and I won't have to execute my backup operation. It's not smart to steal from gun dealers....
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 5:27:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I'm usually on the side DEFENDING the police but this is fucking stupid.

1000 dollars is a huge financial loss to a lot of people.

That the cops won't investigate that is a fucking outrage.

It must suck to live in a place that has such shitty law enforcement.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Cops will tell you that is what insurance is for.  They don't have time for that.
The cops are too busy waiting for you to fuck up so they can hit you with a $200 ticket that you can afford to pay, and can't afford to not pay.  They seriously don't give a shit about a guy stealing probably tens of thousands of dollars of property from people, because it would take real work to investigate and it's more profitable to just go after you.

Not much motivation to investigate misdemeanor fraud so they can write him a ticket. Like it or not this theft is no more serious than an MIP now.

It wasn't law enforcement that voted on and passed the law, it was what the citizens wanted.

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 5:33:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

It wasn't law enforcement that voted on and passed the law, it was what the citizens wanted.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Cops will tell you that is what insurance is for.  They don't have time for that.
The cops are too busy waiting for you to fuck up so they can hit you with a $200 ticket that you can afford to pay, and can't afford to not pay.  They seriously don't give a shit about a guy stealing probably tens of thousands of dollars of property from people, because it would take real work to investigate and it's more profitable to just go after you.

Not much motivation to investigate misdemeanor fraud so they can write him a ticket. Like it or not this theft is no more serious than an MIP now.

Why does the same happen elsewhere, besides California? It's not a matter of one bad law, there's simply little incentive to pursue minor property crimes.

American law enables criminals, both public and private (public being government employed criminals and private being the rest). We focus too much energy on malum prohibitum offenses and let too much malum in se crime slide. America's legal system is a cluster fuck.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 6:01:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 6:09:57 PM EDT
[#18]
I didn't read the whole thread but I would mention that in some states a petit theft becomes a felony of the defendant has two prior theft convictions.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 6:16:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Before you call ATF, it's possible somebody might send him a short length of pipe and some end caps and black powder.

Could happen.
View Quote

I like the cut of your jib!!!!!!
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 6:20:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I understand that you're just explaining why but it still makes me mad, the incentive should be doing their fucking job and if possible through investigation returning an enormous financial loss to the people they swore an oath to.

I guess I'm privileged to live in the PNW with excellent law enforcement. Around here they will investigate a car break in or stolen stereo and that has a much lesser financial impact. I dont know if its a culture thing or what but its an atrocity they wont investigate an 860 dollar crime. I don't give a fuck if its a misdemeanor that's a lot of money.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why does the same happen elsewhere, besides California? It's not a matter of one bad law, there's simply little incentive to pursue minor property crimes.

I understand that you're just explaining why but it still makes me mad, the incentive should be doing their fucking job and if possible through investigation returning an enormous financial loss to the people they swore an oath to.

I guess I'm privileged to live in the PNW with excellent law enforcement. Around here they will investigate a car break in or stolen stereo and that has a much lesser financial impact. I dont know if its a culture thing or what but its an atrocity they wont investigate an 860 dollar crime. I don't give a fuck if its a misdemeanor that's a lot of money.

Look at the demographics of places where property crimes are not seen as important, there's your answer.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 6:39:35 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's most law enforcement these days. Shitty part is if this had happened to a cop they'd be all over it. But for the peasants they don't give a shit.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 6:40:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where in the PNW are you? Pierce County won't show up for shit. They'll give you a case number to turn into insurance though.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 6:52:00 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Call CADOJ

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Call CADOJ

This.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 6:54:38 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Call the credit card loss prevention.   Just a thought.

With a stolen card, we have to eat it. No way to get the money back.

Bullcrap. You are the customer. Act like it.

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 7:00:37 PM EDT
[#25]
Ship him a 30 round magazine then call crimestoppers and watch him get busted for the mag
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 7:13:23 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 7:14:43 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Dang, you guys are devious. LOL.

He did not use my credit card. He used a stolen credit card to buy items from us.

I found a domestic abuse criminal charge on the guy. Have some info that suggests he is not originally from CA. If I can find a felony on him I think I can have him taken down with that. If not, will keep working on plan B...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If the credit card provider won't help, is it reported as stolen?
If so, I bet if the police were to go see him for something else (possibly gun related), I bet they would run serial numbers, and well, as long as they were there....
Not that I would suggest making a false police call, as that would be illegal.

He did not use my credit card. He used a stolen credit card to buy items from us.

I found a domestic abuse criminal charge on the guy. Have some info that suggests he is not originally from CA. If I can find a felony on him I think I can have him taken down with that. If not, will keep working on plan B...

Doesnt a DV charge of an kind removes the right to own firearms?
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 7:18:53 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
If the credit card provider won't help, is it reported as stolen?
If so, I bet if the police were to go see him for something else (possibly gun related), I bet they would run serial numbers, and well, as long as they were there....
Not that I would suggest making a false police call, as that would be illegal.

No charge of any kind removes your rights, a conviction does.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 8:23:10 PM EDT
[#29]
Report him to IRS for undeclared income.  Get reward for portion of recovered monies due U.S. Govt.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 10:19:34 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I didn't read the whole thread but I would mention that in some states a petit theft becomes a felony of the defendant has two prior theft convictions.
View Quote

California used to do that.

Another thing prop 47 changed. Now every petty theft is a mids. First or fifty, doesn't matter. One DA just had a defendant have 41 felonies reduced to misdemeanors. 41!
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 10:22:02 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Any cop that would refuse to do anything over bullshit excuses should be fired or thrown in jail to think about their bullshit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Any cop that would refuse to do anything over bullshit excuses should be fired or thrown in jail to think about their bullshit.

Quoted:
Keep bugging the cops till they do their fucking job.

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 10:22:59 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

That's most law enforcement these days. Shitty part is if this had happened to a cop they'd be all over it. But for the peasants they don't give a shit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What do you imagine they could do? Let's say they know the stolen stuff is in his house or storage locker. What part of they can't get a search warrant to recover it do you not understand? California law does not authorize the issuance of a search warrant for misdemeanor stolen property. Are you saying the cops should lie about the value of item to obtain an improper warrant?

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 10:24:09 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Ship him a 30 round magazine then call crimestoppers and watch him get busted for the mag
View Quote

Shipper would be guilty of importing a hi cap mag. Receiving is not a crime.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 10:26:26 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Lost 4k in a similar deal. They sent it to an unoccupied for sale house .   No LE we contacted had any interest
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Local cops said they don't have the resources to work a small $860 case. San Diego cops where he lives said the same thing.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v361/Extorris/Pics/lebowski_leads_.png
Lost 4k in a similar deal. They sent it to an unoccupied for sale house .   No LE we contacted had any interest

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 10:27:35 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Importing is what the person in the receiving location does.

Exporting is what the person in the sending location does.

Engrish.  Why no one speak it?
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 10:50:27 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

View Quote

I guess you missed my comment about blaming the police.

I agree with everything you just said. However, the voters of California, in there Infinate wisdom and intellect, have decriminalized criminal behavior.   They have decided that a theft under $950 isn't worth pursuing, and even if you do, there will be no punishment for those responsible.  THE VOTERS decided this, not the police.

Proposition 47 is California's answer to ending the War on Drugs GD is always yelling about.  Congrats, you are one small step closer.  Enjoy!
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 10:57:48 PM EDT
[#37]
Some SD folks on calguns.net may be able to help you out. Just be careful - if that guy has fully functioning guns (likely), things can get ugly.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 10:59:43 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I agree with everything you just said. However, the voters of California, in there Infinate wisdom and intellect, have decriminalized criminal behavior.   They have decided that a theft under $950 isn't worth pursuing, and even if you do, there will be no punishment for those responsible.  THE VOTERS decided this, not the police.

Proposition 47 is California's answer to ending the War on Drugs GD is always yelling about.  Congrats, you are one small step closer.  Enjoy!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Herp.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:00:00 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Proposition 47 is California's answer to ending the War on Drugs GD is always yelling about. Congrats, you are one small step closer.  Enjoy!
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:10:12 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep. Soros was smart enough to realize that simply making drugs a misdemeanor wouldnt actually help the drug abusers because they really get in trouble for the other stuff associated to drug abuse. So they decriminalized commercial burglary, possession of stolen property, identity theft, fraud, petty theft with prior, check fraud, theft of firearm, auto theft, ect.  480,000 cases in SD county alone.

Ignorant voters passed it and now they get to live with it. Someone can steal $949 worth of your stuff every day and he will never see more than a small fine and informal probation. Hope it was worth it.

Hell 6.5% of GD said theft of a firearm should be a misdemeanor or an infraction. .
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:17:42 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

If they still do nuffin. Call the MSM.
They love to help get guns off the streets.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hmmmmm....  I like that!

If they still do nuffin. Call the MSM.
They love to help get guns off the streets.

Sort of like the msm idea
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:19:51 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:26:53 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:27:48 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I had a similar thing happen to me when a guy in Oregon used my credit card to order a $900 video card. I caught the fraud quick enough but Amazon overnighted it via the USPS ... and they have no tracking. The police in Oregon weren't interested in busting the guy getting the delivery either.

View Quote

Amazon overnighted with no tracking?

That seems implausible, if they claimed that then they were lying to you.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:45:31 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Craigslist:

I need my stuff GONE.    MOVING TO GEORGIA IN TWO DAYS

Donations for items will be accepted but not required!

EVERYTHING must go.  Landlord said I need to get EVERYTHING out of the house or I lose my rent.

Only catch is having to deal with my not-too-bright sitter.  I've told him repeatedly, that I need to get rid of everything.   He knows, but is stubborn.

Get here EARLY

(Jackwagons address)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
What'd be wrong with a little Craigslist ad stating "free sex/gangbang" with his address?

"Power bottom taking all cummers bareback.  Poz only"

Craigslist:

I need my stuff GONE.    MOVING TO GEORGIA IN TWO DAYS

Donations for items will be accepted but not required!

EVERYTHING must go.  Landlord said I need to get EVERYTHING out of the house or I lose my rent.

Only catch is having to deal with my not-too-bright sitter.  I've told him repeatedly, that I need to get rid of everything.   He knows, but is stubborn.

Get here EARLY

(Jackwagons address)

This is a great idea, and is worse than swatting. he'll be deluged with idiots, and if you post everything free, people will come start taking stuff.

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:47:24 PM EDT
[#46]
Craigslist gay glory-hole ads, post # and email and ask for dick pics. Hell you could post them in several cities. :)

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:53:08 PM EDT
[#47]
Politely inform him that the manufacturer has quietly issued a nationwide recall for the firearms parts, including barrel, for possible tolerance stacking issues (or whatever else you can imagine) that has caused certain catastrophic malfunctions of the upper-lug-ramp-barrel interface.  Add, the manufacturer has authorized an upgraded kit ("tactical", "marksman", "socom" level, whatever) for the return of original kits and a $100 gift certificate for the customer's inconvenience.

With any luck you'll get your parts back and have the POS waiting forever for his upgraded kit & gift certificate (thieves are greedy), and if not, he'll never fully enjoy his build thinking that it could BLOW up with each trigger pull.

I can't think doing it would be illegal.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:55:34 PM EDT
[#48]
You have is personal information?

File a Claim in small claims court against him for 5000.00 USD.  I'm sure there is a legitimate reason you can call it and the amount is justified as you spent time and resources finding him.

Have proof of crime and make sure to submit a police report before hand in the town he lives.

Profit?

Link Posted: 11/28/2014 12:54:58 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
A couple of months ago my buddy got an IPod with important work information stolen from his truck. He used a tracking app to track it to a specific car I a parking lot at a nearby condo. He could hear it in the car when he remotely set off an alarm on the IPod. He called the local police (suburb of about 200,000). They arrived, heard the IPod, but told my buddy that they couldn't do anything, because they would have to wait until someone entered the car to get the stolen property.  They told him they didn't have the resourses to surveil the car, and besides, the perp was probably watching them from a window.
After the police left, he called a local TV station. He explained the situation, and they said they would like to do a local investigatve piece on it. (He never left the car.) After the TV station called the police for comment, they immediately returned. Long story short, he got his IPad back.
The police were entirely friendly and sympathetic with him the whole time, but it wasn't a priority until there was a possibility of it getting on the local news.
View Quote

If they got it without a search warrant or consent of the owner, they screwed up. Hopefully, they didn't let the media bullshit intimidate them into breaking the law.
Funny how the rules and expectations change when a GDer is the victim.... FUCK THE 4TH AMENDMENT! I WANT MY iPOD!!!!
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 12:56:03 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
You could contact the media on how a prohibited person is using stolen credit cards to assemble illegal firearms and the police won't do anything to stop him.  With all the anti-gun liberals out there you should be able to find a reporter that would love that story.
View Quote

So you have no problem lying to get what you want.....
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top