BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:07:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

He said charge not conviction, two separate things.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I found a domestic abuse criminal charge on the guy.

I think you already got your answer right here.  The Lautenburg Amendment make it illegal for someone to own a firearm even if the crime was only a misdemeanor.

The law sucks but you may as well use it to your advantage:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domestic_Violence_Offender_Gun_Ban

He said charge not conviction, two separate things.

Oops.  Touche.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:07:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Go to a printers shop and have a few dozen signs made up.  Include the thief's name, phone number and address.  Indicate a time for the block party and make sure there is a pot leaf on the sign.  Post them around town.  
Oh and stand infringe of his house with a sign calling him out as a thief.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:07:49 AM EDT
[#3]
OP must not have gone to the police with, "There's a guy building an assault rifle..."
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:08:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I'm a little rusty having been retired for 10 years, but doesn't this pertain to an actual firearm and not parts?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
If the credit card provider won't help, is it reported as stolen?
If so, I bet if the police were to go see him for something else (possibly gun related), I bet they would run serial numbers, and well, as long as they were there....
Not that I would suggest making a false police call, as that would be illegal.

Dang, you guys are devious. LOL.

He did not use my credit card. He used a stolen credit card to buy items from us.

I found a domestic abuse criminal charge on the guy. Have some info that suggests he is not originally from CA. If I can find a felony on him I think I can have him taken down with that. If not, will keep working on plan B...

Domestic violence conviction or indictment equal prohibited person.

«tc2k11»

I'm a little rusty having been retired for 10 years, but doesn't this pertain to an actual firearm and not parts?

True, but I'd put the chances of him having a firearm at 100%

«tc2k11»
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:08:54 AM EDT
[#5]
assume his identity and collect the rest of his packages?
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:10:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Does a domestic violence conviction not preclude owning firearms in California?  

If he is not allowed to own weapons and is building one, I think this would be your best angle with police or DOJ.

Call the DOJ and just tell them the truth.

The money is not worth getting yourself in trouble for, but it is worth getting him in trouble for.

I had a boat owner in Alaska not pay me all the money he owed for a fishing season.  I turned him over to the IRS because he was paying under the table.  I got a letter about 6 months later that they had gone after him.
I'll be he wished he had payed me.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

if its for a VIOLENT charge, even Misdemeanor, sya a Simple Assault, he's prohibited for life, that's Federal the so-called "Lautenberg" Amendment
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:11:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Too bad you couldn't hack his Facebook. Someone could make high level threats that would involve visits and lists.

Or list his address online as Darren Wilsons safehouse.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:11:18 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Go to a printers shop and have a few dozen signs made up.  Include the thief's name, phone number and address.  Indicate a time for the block party and make sure there is a pot leaf on the sign.  Post them around town.  

Oh and stand infringe of his house with a sign calling him out as a thief.
View Quote

I would suspect you wouldn't last too long around his house.  There are some places in San Diego you just don't belong.  That's why I asked what part of the County he lived in.  

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:14:38 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

He did not use my credit card. He used a stolen credit card to buy items from us.

I found a domestic abuse criminal charge on the guy. Have some info that suggests he is not originally from CA. If I can find a felony on him I think I can have him taken down with that. If not, will keep working on plan B...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If the credit card provider won't help, is it reported as stolen?
If so, I bet if the police were to go see him for something else (possibly gun related), I bet they would run serial numbers, and well, as long as they were there....
Not that I would suggest making a false police call, as that would be illegal.

He is prohibited if CONVICTED of a destic violence charge.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:17:47 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Cops will tell you that is what insurance is for.  They don't have time for that.
View Quote
The cops are too busy waiting for you to fuck up so they can hit you with a $200 ticket that you can afford to pay, and can't afford to not pay.  They seriously don't give a shit about a guy stealing probably tens of thousands of dollars of property from people, because it would take real work to investigate and it's more profitable to just go after you.

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:17:52 AM EDT
[#11]
In 1972, a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum-security stockade to the Los Angeles underground. Today, still wanted by the government, they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem... if no one else can help... and if you can find them... maybe you can hire... The A-Team.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:19:37 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

The cops are too busy waiting for you to fuck up so they can hit you with a $200 ticket that you can afford to pay, and can't afford to not pay.  They seriously don't give a shit about a guy stealing probably tens of thousands of dollars of property from people, because it would take real work to investigate and it's more profitable to just go after you.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Cops will tell you that is what insurance is for.  They don't have time for that.

Not true..

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:24:00 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
In 1972, a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum-security stockade to the Los Angeles underground. Today, still wanted by the government, they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem... if no one else can help... and if you can find them... maybe you can hire... The A-Team.
View Quote

This! How far is it from LA to SD? I haven't been to the left coast in many years.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:24:06 AM EDT
[#14]
why not just take a page from the other basement dwellers and SWAT his Ass? Got to be a working pay phone around you.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:36:36 AM EDT
[#15]
Troll him with ARFcom/tinder pickup lines?

Beans or anal?

20 dollars to spend at wal mart.  Just go wild
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:39:45 AM EDT
[#16]
Not sure what state are you in, but:

with things like the us mail, phones, the internet, crimes like this can be pursued in your location, or his location. If you have all your ducks in a row and are confidant of the facts, who he is, the elements of the fraud..make out a police report in your jurisdiction. If the police don't want to pursue it, fine, get familiar with your court system, as most states have a justice court, justice of the peace, or so on, that are utilized as the first echelon of initiating criminal cases. You, right, you as a citizen approach the court, a court clerk and sign the criminal affidavit yourself. It can be just a short statement of the facts, using a state model affidavit format, or it can include a affidavit that includes all of the underlying facts and circumstances.

Yeah, depending on how often it happens, the court may not be comfortable with it, but then you ask to see a judge. It may be that day, or they may have to schedule a date/time. But, the judge will review the affidavit, may swear you in, and may ask you questions. He may or may not contact whatever police authority you had reported it to, such as a city police, or a county sheriff. All this about insurance paying you, credit card company paying you...dude, your house gets broken into, your car gets 'took' and shit gets stolen...you may get an insurance payout...but guess what, you're still the victim. If an arrest is made, you think the local DA puts some guy from Allstate on the stand to testify as the victim of the crime?

So, the judge will or will not issue an arrest warrant. If issued, its the obligation of the local police authority to serve it. Again, how much of a squeaky wheel can you be? If its a felony by law, in your jurisdiction, and many cc frauds are, but also if the mail was used, a phone used, the internet used, it can be wire fraud (and many states mirror fed laws on that) to further the crime, it can be prosecuted.

So, if the warrant is issued, you don't think you can convince the police to do their job?  The fact that a warrant exists can be communicated to the local jurisdiction where the bad guy lives. Yeah, it be nice if your police put that warrant into the national system, but if you think the police are not going to take it seriously,  then you make calls, to both police authorizes, yours, his, the county sheriff, the state police, dea, fbi..call the mayors office, send  letters and cc the local 'investigative journalists'...

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:49:29 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Not sure what state are you in, but:

with things like the us mail, phones, the internet, crimes like this can be pursued in your location, or his location. If you have all your ducks in a row and are confidant of the facts, who he is, the elements of the fraud..make out a police report in your jurisdiction. If the police don't want to pursue it, fine, get familiar with your court system, as most states have a justice court, justice of the peace, or so on, that are utilized as the first echelon of initiating criminal cases. You, right, you as a citizen approach the court, a court clerk and sign the criminal affidavit yourself. It can be just a short statement of the facts, using a state model affidavit format, or it can include a affidavit that includes all of the underlying facts and circumstances.

Yeah, depending on how often it happens, the court may not be comfortable with it, but then you ask to see a judge. It may be that day, or they may have to schedule a date/time. But, the judge will review the affidavit, may swear you in, and may ask you questions. He may or may not contact whatever police authority you had reported it to, such as a city police, or a county sheriff. All this about insurance paying you, credit card company paying you...dude, your house gets broken into, your car gets 'took' and shit gets stolen...you may get an insurance payout...but guess what, you're still the victim. If an arrest is made, you think the local DA puts some guy from Allstate on the stand to testify as the victim of the crime?

So, the judge will or will not issue an arrest warrant. If issued, its the obligation of the local police authority to serve it. Again, how much of a squeaky wheel can you be? If its a felony by law, in your jurisdiction, and many cc frauds are, but also if the mail was used, a phone used, the internet used, it can be wire fraud (and many states mirror fed laws on that) to further the crime, it can be prosecuted.

So, if the warrant is issued, you don't think you can convince the police to do their job?  The fact that a warrant exists can be communicated to the local jurisdiction where the bad guy lives. Yeah, it be nice if your police put that warrant into the national system, but if you think the police are not going to take it seriously,  then you make calls, to both police authorizes, yours, his, the county sheriff, the state police, dea, fbi..call the mayors office, send  letters and cc the local 'investigative journalists'...
View Quote

He's in California.  

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:51:10 AM EDT
[#18]
User name?
Shit!!!! I just looked at the picture again...that's fucking OJ!!!!
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 12:00:47 PM EDT
[#19]
Did it come through the US mail?  Call the U.S. Postal Inspectors.  Sounds like this is just one of many scams.  They can and do pursue cases like this, especially if it involves multiple scams and shipments.  I work with them often and the investigators love going after these types.

ETA: the Postal Inspectors are special agents with full authority same as FBI, DEA, ATF, HSI or any other criminal investigator in the federal government.  Their agency just wouldn't make a very sexy movie is all.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 12:02:21 PM EDT
[#20]
I'd call the ATF on him.

I'd call the credit card company for fraud.

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 12:04:45 PM EDT
[#21]
Get the signature for the parcel and see if he used his name or the subscriber's. If he used theirs it's a forgery.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 12:08:58 PM EDT
[#22]
Call the local media and tell them the thief is making a machine gun and the cops don't care

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 12:11:06 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Bullcrap. You are the customer. Act like it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Call the credit card loss prevention.   Just a thought.

With a stolen card, we have to eat it. No way to get the money back.

Time to get a new bank.

My bank (USAA) has even covered money stolen from my debit card.

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 12:16:12 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Time to get a new bank.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Call the credit card loss prevention.   Just a thought.

With a stolen card, we have to eat it. No way to get the money back.

Time to get a new bank.

He is not the person who had their card compromised, he is the vendor who sold the items. Vendors don't have anywhere near the same protections.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 12:21:45 PM EDT
[#25]
Take your police report straight to the State Attorney's office. Unless you shipped part of that transaction via US postal Service it would not be considered mail fraud.

You would need positive way to identify him has the culprit though. Either video from the UPS store a witness that can ID him as the suspect.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 12:34:33 PM EDT
[#26]
Is the msrp of the items is over 950? Could you work an angle if it was?
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 2:33:19 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Call the local media and tell them the thief is making a machine gun and the cops don't care

View Quote

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 2:41:42 PM EDT
[#28]

None of my recommendations, or really anything I have to say about this situation is COC compliant.

Good luck OP
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 2:50:37 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
None of my recommendations, or really anything I have to say about this situation is COC compliant.

Good luck OP
View Quote

I don't know what to say either really, there's little motivation to pursue petty property crimes. There's no profit in it, let the police know where they can seize something and they'll form a task force lickity split. Your problems aren't on the radar.

This is the sort of thing that gives rise to vigilantism and it will again as the PTB continue to move away from serving the community who hired them, towards serving themselves.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 2:51:27 PM EDT
[#30]
I love you guys! Many great ideas, and some not so great, but rather entertaining nevertheless.

I can't do anything illegal, but I don't need to with all the tips you guys have given me! So far here are the ideas I will pursue:

1 - Wait for info from my LEO friend to find out if the SOB has any felony convictions.
2 - Contact the San Diego DA's office and find out who is his probation officer.
3 - Approach the San Diego PD again and explain that the individual has a criminal record, and has stolen all the components to build an assault weapon ghost gun "with a 30 caliber clip" capable "to disburse with 30 bullets within half a second." If you don't understand that reference, you MUST see this video:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJmFEv6BHM0
4 - If the SDPD just yawns again, diplomatically tell them than it might be a media circus, and an embarrassment to their Chief of Police, when the media reports that a prohibited person, with an unregistered baby killing ghost gun assault rifle, does not warrant even a drive by from one of their officers to investigate the matter.
5 - The items were shipped by USPS so I will contact the Post Office to pursue that angle too. There should be some folks there that might get excited because of the gun angle with the mail fraud.
6 - If there was a conviction for the domestic violence arrest, purse than angle with the Fed agencies based on the Lautenberg Amendment. I think CA has their own version of this law.

Someone asked what area os San Diego he lives in. They really don't like when people post any personal info here in the forums, so I'm not going to get specific, but he lives about 3 miles from Montgomery Field airport in an average middle class area.

When I get more dirt on this clown I will let you guys know what I find out. He is not a bright one using his real name on the credit card order, and shipping it to himself at a UPS Store near his house. Just a matter of time...

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 2:53:34 PM EDT
[#31]

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Local cops said they don't have the resources to work a small $860 case. San Diego cops where he lives said the same thing.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v361/Extorris/Pics/lebowski_leads_.png
Lost 4k in a similar deal. They sent it to an unoccupied for sale house .

No LE we contacted had any interest
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 2:54:57 PM EDT
[#32]
 dear police, do your fucking job.
any cop that would refuse to do anything over bullshit excuses should be fired or thrown in jail to think about their bullshit.

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 2:58:53 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 2:59:46 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Call ATF, he is building M16 full auto baby killing machines, with 50 round bannana clips, seriously, did you tell them he is buying gun parts to make illegal firearms?
View Quote

yep probably a felon anyway or with some kind of domestic violence charge they might wanna know he's got guns
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 3:02:19 PM EDT
[#35]
I think the local news would be most productive. I think a story of a man stealing gun parts would have some interest. Maybe make the LEOs do something even though it's a small amount.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 3:04:33 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 3:07:08 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
This guy ordered an AR-15 rifle kit and upper and used someone's stolen credit card to pay for it. He didn't cover his tracks very well so I was able to find his Facebook account complete with various photos of him, his home address, and his online dating profile where he is asking women to "cum" meet him. I also got his home phone number. The guy is a real class act. He had the order shipped to a UPS store about a block from his home. The clerk at the UPS store said the package was already picked up but there were a lot of other packages waiting for him.

Local cops said they don't have the resources to work a small $860 case. San Diego cops where he lives said the same thing. Recently CA raised the limit for fraud and theft to $950 so it's only a petty theft. That's probably why he kept the order under $950. I hate to just let this go. He is a 90 min drive from me. What creative ideas do you guys have? (Can't post personal info on the SOB here as that violates the TOS.)

<a href="http://s1313.photobucket.com/user/cncarmory/media/thief_zps152414ee.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1313.photobucket.com/albums/t546/cncarmory/thief_zps152414ee.jpg</a>
View Quote

Sounds like an easy win for the cops - guy is awaiting lots of packages around the same time that he has been using stolen credit cards?   Hardly a tough one to investigate and follow up on.

You can bet your last dollar that if he has done this to you, there will be other victims and it will amount o a lot more than $950.  A little bit of effort and an interview about how he paid for all the nice items he has waiting for him, and in his home will probably show a history of fraud.

The cops need to unfuck themselves and deal with it.

I would not let it go, even if it meant going over and dealing with it myself.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 3:15:03 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I think you already got your answer right here.  The Lautenburg Amendment make it illegal for someone to own a firearm even if the crime was only a misdemeanor.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I found a domestic abuse criminal charge on the guy.

It was a charge, not necessarily a conviction.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 3:25:59 PM EDT
[#39]
I would suggest to the media that this is how ISIS sympathizers and domestic terrorists get their weapons.  The more liberal the slant on the news station, the better.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 3:36:30 PM EDT
[#40]
The first thing I would do is to show the UPS store your police report and demand that they close his box because it's being used for illegal activities. If they refuse contact UPS corporate.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 3:42:09 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

This guy ordered an AR-15 rifle kit and upper and used someone's stolen credit card to pay for it. He didn't cover his tracks very well so I was able to find his Facebook account complete with various photos of him, his home address, and his online dating profile where he is asking women to "cum" meet him. I also got his home phone number. The guy is a real class act. He had the order shipped to a UPS store about a block from his home. The clerk at the UPS store said the package was already picked up but there were a lot of other packages waiting for him.

Local cops said they don't have the resources to work a small $860 case. San Diego cops where he lives said the same thing. Recently CA raised the limit for fraud and theft to $950 so it's only a petty theft. That's probably why he kept the order under $950. I hate to just let this go. He is a 90 min drive from me. What creative ideas do you guys have? (Can't post personal info on the SOB here as that violates the TOS.)

http://i1313.photobucket.com/albums/t546/cncarmory/thief_zps152414ee.jpg
View Quote

Yep.  You can thank the voters who voted in Proposition 47.  Even if they did catch him, they'd only give him a citation and release him.

Somehow, this will be the cops fault tho.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 3:46:01 PM EDT
[#42]
Report to BATF that he possibly owns a short (less than 16") AR barrel. If he does have one stashed somewhere and does not own an AR-15 lower registered as a handgun in California - difficult to get - that would be constructive intent for building a SBR.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 3:46:49 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
You can't end the war on drugs without ending the war on theft. They are too connected.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Mail fraud?  <$950 no bother?  Great...

Surely there has to be more than $950 in stolen goods waiting there for him...

It's not a running total.  As long as each package is less than 950 its still just petty theft thanks to prop 47 and the stupid voters.

One count or 100 counts its still just a misdemeanor now. So he is looking at a fine of between 10 and 100 dollars and as much as one year of information probation without a probation officer.

Wow. California wins again.

You can't end the war on drugs without ending the war on theft. They are too connected.

And forgery, and burglary, and burg tools...  
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 3:52:15 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I don't know what to say either really, there's little motivation to pursue petty property crimes. There's no profit in it, let the police know where they can seize something and they'll form a task force lickity split. Your problems aren't on the radar.

This is the sort of thing that gives rise to vigilantism and it will again as the PTB continue to move away from serving the community who hired them, towards serving themselves.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good luck OP

This is the type of shit our government should be addressing. All the stupid shit that has come out of congress and they have yet to address in any meaningful way identity theft.

$100 says senior leadership doesn't even understand the issue.

Fucking assholes.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 3:54:59 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Call ATF, he is building M16 full auto baby killing machines, with 50 round bannana clips, seriously, did you tell them he is buying gun parts to make illegal firearms?
View Quote

Chances are if he is using stolen card information, he also built itint an Ca illegal configuration.
from what I understand LE in California are pretty lax about the gun laws unless they can tack it on to another crime.
Card theft is a pretty serious crime.  If he is receiving items bought with stolen card information on a regular basis it should be easy to burn him.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 3:55:16 PM EDT
[#46]
Who's credit card did he use....can you find owner, contact that person,or communicate with the credit card company investigations and determine if its been used elsewhere. In all likelihood, the guy is ripping off other people. He might be on some law enforcement agency's or task force radar. What email service did he use to contact you....they likely have a fraud office as well...put them on notice he's using his email account commit frauds. As to the amount too small to be 'worked' by your local police..you just have to get it on their buffet line...like what, Target calls and catches a shoplifter, your police say, oh, we don't have time to work that? Many states, and California is likely one of them, allow the monetary amount to be aggregated, so it can go to the total and if that exceeds the misdemeanor threshold, into a felony classification. Go above the blue suit and get to a supervisor, or someone who's a boss and acts like it, and be that squeaky wheel, or just write it off.

Quoted:
I love you guys! Many great ideas, and some not so great, but rather entertaining nevertheless.

I can't do anything illegal, but I don't need to with all the tips you guys have given me! So far here are the ideas I will pursue:

1 - Wait for info from my LEO friend to find out if the SOB has any felony convictions.
2 - Contact the San Diego DA's office and find out who is his probation officer.
3 - Approach the San Diego PD again and explain that the individual has a criminal record, and has stolen all the components to build an assault weapon ghost gun "with a 30 caliber clip" capable "to disburse with 30 bullets within half a second." If you don't understand that reference, you MUST see this video:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJmFEv6BHM0
4 - If the SDPD just yawns again, diplomatically tell them than it might be a media circus, and an embarrassment to their Chief of Police, when the media reports that a prohibited person, with an unregistered baby killing ghost gun assault rifle, does not warrant even a drive by from one of their officers to investigate the matter.
5 - The items were shipped by USPS so I will contact the Post Office to pursue that angle too. There should be some folks there that might get excited because of the gun angle with the mail fraud.
6 - If there was a conviction for the domestic violence arrest, purse than angle with the Fed agencies based on the Lautenberg Amendment. I think CA has their own version of this law.

Someone asked what area os San Diego he lives in. They really don't like when people post any personal info here in the forums, so I'm not going to get specific, but he lives about 3 miles from Montgomery Field airport in an average middle class area.

When I get more dirt on this clown I will let you guys know what I find out. He is not a bright one using his real name on the credit card order, and shipping it to himself at a UPS Store near his house. Just a matter of time...

View Quote

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 3:55:33 PM EDT
[#47]
Serious question time:

Why have government if not to protect lives and property?

I would say the people of California need to seriously overhaul their government, but it sounds like they've got exactly what they wanted.  By and large, not you OP.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 4:03:41 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If that doesn't work out, maybe respond to his dating profile?  

You would be surprised at how dumb people are.  I bet it would be pretty damned easy to get him to divulge some incriminating evidence about himself if he thought he might get some vitamin P.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 4:03:43 PM EDT
[#49]
1.  Put his name and info on whatever blacklist you can.
2.  Stop selling to buyers in states that have lax theft laws, or police who won't pursue credit card theft for the amount of the merchandise you're selling.

3.  Upgrade your business insurance to cover this if it's cost effective to do so.

4.  Write it off and move on.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 4:05:09 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not much motivation to investigate misdemeanor fraud so they can write him a ticket. Like it or not this theft is no more serious than an MIP now.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top