Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 8:41:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Some great ideas here on how to get the OP arrested.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 8:43:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Local cops said they don't have the resources to work a small $860 case. San Diego cops where he lives said the same thing.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v361/Extorris/Pics/lebowski_leads_.png

If it was me I would call them back and ask them to at least contact the asshole.

Why can't they at least call him up and scare the shit out of him?
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 8:46:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 8:51:48 AM EDT
[#4]
He won't report it if you steal it back. Just saying
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 8:59:35 AM EDT
[#5]
My father in law had a guy forge a stolen $1800 check this summer.  He called the bastard up and told him he had two hours to wire the money to him or else he was going to the law.  He got is money in one hour.

Call this fuck stick up and tell him the ATF loves cases like this, what with all the home made rifles out there, and you have the contacts that you will use unless the money is in your hands in an hour.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 9:01:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Are these parts Cali legal?

Media attention for an illegal Ghost Gun operation.

Border patrol and customs might be interested in AR parts going to San Diego as well.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 9:06:17 AM EDT
[#7]
huh. I guess crime does pay.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 9:06:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
What'd be wrong with a little Craigslist ad stating "free sex/gangbang" with his address?
View Quote

"Power bottom taking all cummers bareback.  Poz only"
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 9:08:04 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Wow. California wins again.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Mail fraud?  <$950 no bother?  Great...

Surely there has to be more than $950 in stolen goods waiting there for him...

It's not a running total.  As long as each package is less than 950 its still just petty theft thanks to prop 47 and the stupid voters.

One count or 100 counts its still just a misdemeanor now. So he is looking at a fine of between 10 and 100 dollars and as much as one year of information probation without a probation officer.

You can't end the war on drugs without ending the war on theft. They are too connected.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 9:12:12 AM EDT
[#10]
Dating site profile with a picture of a hot white chick.  Tell him you love shooting.  Meet him at the range.  SUPPLIES!
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 9:12:54 AM EDT
[#11]
I don't know if there's still a lot of them out there but in the old days every magazine Playboy, Playgirl, Time, all had bill me later options for subscribing to their magazines. I knew a particularly obnoxious boss  who  ended up with 50 or so different subscriptions to magazines that all wanted their money. It was a royal pain in the ass for him to get it all straightened out.

Hypothetically, There are a lot of ways that a person could be set up to take the fall for something.  Of course the person doing such a thing would also be guilty of a crime, if they were ever caught. But you would never want to send something that was illegal to him and then tip off the authorities , because that would be illegal.

it would be kind of humorous if some random individual, not you of course, put a big sign in his front yard saying  a sex offender lives here.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 9:13:35 AM EDT
[#12]

ATF
His local newspaper playing the concerned angle the cops are not doing anything about theft of gun parts
His local city councilman playing same angle
Credit card fraud division
State Attorney General
District Attorney
His mom just so she can tell you firsthand he didnt do nothin

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 9:16:42 AM EDT
[#13]
1. Make the trip down.

2. Call Craigslist hooker, have her go to his house when you know he's home.

3.Watch the house for the hooker, and when she arrives, call the cops anonymous tip line from a burner phone and report a domestic disturbance, in which he threatened to shoot said hooker.

3A. Don't mention it's a hooker, act concerned that he may shoot his "girlfriend".

???

Profit!*

* Individual results may vary. Plan not recommended for those that are nursing, pregnant, may become pregnant or attempted in the state of California. Plan contains ingredients known to cause cancer in the state of California.  

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 9:19:31 AM EDT
[#14]
Call the Postal Inspector's Office
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 9:25:07 AM EDT
[#15]
Does a domestic violence conviction not preclude owning firearms in California?  

If he is not allowed to own weapons and is building one, I think this would be your best angle with police or DOJ.

Call the DOJ and just tell them the truth.

The money is not worth getting yourself in trouble for, but it is worth getting him in trouble for.

I had a boat owner in Alaska not pay me all the money he owed for a fishing season.  I turned him over to the IRS because he was paying under the table.  I got a letter about 6 months later that they had gone after him.
I'll be he wished he had payed me.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 9:25:37 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If that doesn't work out, maybe respond to his dating profile?  

See if Chris Hanson will help you with that.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 9:28:41 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

If that doesn't work out, maybe respond to his dating profile?  
View Quote

Hmmmmmmmm, maybe catfish him?

Send a picture of a HOT Asian lady and tell him what he wants to hear and slowly work it into him sending you money for some reason.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 9:30:48 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
What'd be wrong with a little Craigslist ad stating "free sex/gangbang" with his address?
View Quote

He's a thief, why should he have any fun.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 9:31:23 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

You can't end the war on drugs without ending the war on theft. They are too connected.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's not a running total.  As long as each package is less than 950 its still just petty theft thanks to prop 47 and the stupid voters.

One count or 100 counts its still just a misdemeanor now. So he is looking at a fine of between 10 and 100 dollars and as much as one year of information probation without a probation officer.

I can see that.

Generations of being told you are a second class citizen has led to impulsive behavior that we can all agree is normal at this point.

Wait, that's because he is black. So you just assume he is a drug addict because he is a thief? That's not only racist, but DRUGGIST!

The brown people AND all the addicts are gonna rape you, bro. Sorry.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 9:33:26 AM EDT
[#20]
Sooooo many places in the world where $860 is worth a man's life.

Too bad San Diego isn't one of them.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 9:38:04 AM EDT
[#21]
Don't call the ATF the wont help (not big enough) unless they are already looking at this guy.

Get more information, more pictures and get them out there and get your money back from the credit card company.

Don't invite the man into your life. They have their own problems.

Begin planning on leaving California. The demographic changes that are coming will make it unlivable in 5 years.

Only a tyranny will produce order, from the chaos that is already on its way.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 9:39:51 AM EDT
[#22]
What about an anonymous tip to the alphabet boys. He wanted to buy plumbing pieces, black powder, electronic timing circuits & the like?
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 9:42:22 AM EDT
[#23]
Hey, Obama has a brother.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 9:43:11 AM EDT
[#24]
Put a sharpie in your pocket and every time you stop at a public bathroom write all of his info on the stall wall including an invitation for company. Adult book stores, truck stops, McDonalds, ect....

OR forgive him.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 9:43:54 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Call ATF, he is building M16 full auto baby killing machines, with 50 round bannana clips, seriously, did you tell them he is buying gun parts to make illegal firearms?
View Quote
you should have added a couple of 30 round mags to the order

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 9:58:24 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Craigslist:

I need my stuff GONE.    MOVING TO GEORGIA IN TWO DAYS

Donations for items will be accepted but not required!

EVERYTHING must go.  Landlord said I need to get EVERYTHING out of the house or I lose my rent.

Only catch is having to deal with my not-too-bright sitter.  I've told him repeatedly, that I need to get rid of everything.   He knows, but is stubborn.

Get here EARLY

(Jackwagons address)
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 10:01:36 AM EDT
[#27]
Explain to the cops that he has 20 $800 packages waiting on him.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 10:10:08 AM EDT
[#28]
Start sending him trout.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 10:12:48 AM EDT
[#29]
Drive by his place.  See if his wifi is secured or using the default password.

If unsecured, go buy a cheap Netbook for cash on Black Friday.  Go back to his place.  Sign up for free email accounts using his name and such.  Do interesting web searches.  Visit interesting websites.  Email interesting people in high places.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 10:14:46 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Start shipping him boxes full of rotten fish.
Or shit.
Or leaking some kind of powder.

Be sure to tell the UPS store you shipped him gun parts.
I understand that's against their policy and maybe they'll cancel his account.
View Quote

I'm pretty sure its not against ups policy to ship gun parts.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 10:17:33 AM EDT
[#31]
S
S
S
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 10:21:33 AM EDT
[#32]
CoC prevents me from elaborating much , but I'd stop in and say hi for sure .

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 10:39:37 AM EDT
[#33]
A couple of months ago my buddy got an IPod with important work information stolen from his truck. He used a tracking app to track it to a specific car I a parking lot at a nearby condo. He could hear it in the car when he remotely set off an alarm on the IPod. He called the local police (suburb of about 200,000). They arrived, heard the IPod, but told my buddy that they couldn't do anything, because they would have to wait until someone entered the car to get the stolen property.  They told him they didn't have the resourses to surveil the car, and besides, the perp was probably watching them from a window.
After the police left, he called a local TV station. He explained the situation, and they said they would like to do a local investigatve piece on it. (He never left the car.) After the TV station called the police for comment, they immediately returned. Long story short, he got his IPad back.
The police were entirely friendly and sympathetic with him the whole time, but it wasn't a priority until there was a possibility of it getting on the local news.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 10:43:14 AM EDT
[#34]
that's one hell of a smart ideal.........  you don't know if he's building a full auto.    I'm sure his place is loaded with other crimes.......
Quoted:
Yea probably that

800-<wbr style="font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: small; line-height: 18.2000007629395px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"></wbr>283-4867
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Call ATF, he is building M16 full auto baby killing machines, with 50 round bannana clips, seriously, did you tell them he is buying gun parts to make illegal firearms?
Yea probably that

800-<wbr style="font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: small; line-height: 18.2000007629395px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"></wbr>283-4867

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 10:47:27 AM EDT
[#35]
Call San Diego Probation and ask for his Probation Officer.  If he has one, they will pick him up.  

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 10:48:05 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Call San Diego Probation and ask for his Probation Officer.  If he has one, they will pick him up.  

View Quote

Good idea
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 10:51:15 AM EDT
[#37]
Sue him in small claims court.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 10:52:07 AM EDT
[#38]
What area of San Diego County does he live?
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 10:53:15 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wouldn't that still be per incident?  That would add up pretty fast if he's been busy....

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 10:54:23 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 10:58:23 AM EDT
[#41]
I had a guy try to scam me out of $900 once.  I ended up calling him at his new job, told him it was cheaper for a round trip flight to visit him than for me to eat that loss.  He settled up within the week.  
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 10:59:21 AM EDT
[#42]
You could contact the media on how a prohibited person is using stolen credit cards to assemble illegal firearms and the police won't do anything to stop him.  With all the anti-gun liberals out there you should be able to find a reporter that would love that story.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:00:00 AM EDT
[#43]
The bag or the bat?
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:02:13 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Call the Postal Inspector's Office
View Quote
I don't think they would care about a UPS shipment.  ATF won't care about a kit, it isn't a firearm.

Freeze pee in a cookie sheet and slide it under his door.

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:03:27 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I found a domestic abuse criminal charge on the guy.
View Quote

I think you already got your answer right here.  The Lautenburg Amendment make it illegal for someone to own a firearm even if the crime was only a misdemeanor.

The law sucks but you may as well use it to your advantage:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domestic_Violence_Offender_Gun_Ban
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:04:03 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Dang, you guys are devious. LOL.

He did not use my credit card. He used a stolen credit card to buy items from us.

I found a domestic abuse criminal charge on the guy. Have some info that suggests he is not originally from CA. If I can find a felony on him I think I can have him taken down with that. If not, will keep working on plan B...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If the credit card provider won't help, is it reported as stolen?
If so, I bet if the police were to go see him for something else (possibly gun related), I bet they would run serial numbers, and well, as long as they were there....
Not that I would suggest making a false police call, as that would be illegal.

He did not use my credit card. He used a stolen credit card to buy items from us.

I found a domestic abuse criminal charge on the guy. Have some info that suggests he is not originally from CA. If I can find a felony on him I think I can have him taken down with that. If not, will keep working on plan B...

Domestic violence conviction or indictment equals prohibited person.

«tc2k11»
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:04:18 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
If so, I bet if the police were to go see him for something else (possibly gun related), I bet they would run serial numbers, and well, as long as they were there....
View Quote

No serial numbers on parts kits
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:04:40 AM EDT
[#48]
In my state, anyone can go to the magistrate and swear out a criminal complaint. If you have enough evidence to hit the "probable cause" standard, and you can do that in your state, it's an option.

Make sure you have your ducks in a row before you do that, i.e., have UPS store witness information and the whole chain of events pieced together.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:05:47 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I think you already got your answer right here.  The Lautenburg Amendment make it illegal for someone to own a firearm even if the crime was only a misdemeanor.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I found a domestic abuse criminal charge on the guy.

He said charge not conviction, two separate things.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:06:18 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Domestic violence conviction or indictment equal prohibited person.

«tc2k11»
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Domestic violence conviction or indictment equal prohibited person.

«tc2k11»

I'm a little rusty having been retired for 10 years, but doesn't this pertain to an actual firearm and not parts?  

Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top