Quoted:
It may be as well; I wouldn't give Christie my broken finger nail

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It may be as well; I wouldn't give Christie my broken finger nail

Gotta support the team!!

Christie would be way better than Hillary,amiright???
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 3:41:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Scott Walker
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 3:46:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

You would not have supported Reagan vs. Carter. gungrabber A over gungrabber B?
[snip]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I won't vote for anyone that says they'll sign a gun ban.  Ever.

[snip]

No.  

What is says about me is:

I WILL NOT VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT SUPPORTS GUN BANS.

If you can't get on board, then it says a lot about you.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 3:58:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Out of a list of shit, we shit get shit. WTF?!?
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 4:10:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Perhaps when you get older you will learn what many of us already know:
Politicians lie.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Perhaps when you get older you will learn what many of us already know:
Politicians lie.

The conservatives in Utah who outright *begged* Romney to run for Governor in Utah after the Olympics all said that it was Romneys character and integrity that made Romney such a highly-effective leader.

The folks who worked for and with Romney in the open-market all said that Romney's character and integrity is what made him such a highly-effective leader in the market.

The folks who worked with Romney while Romney was a lay religious leader (his entire adult life) all say that Romney had tremendous character and tremendous ethics and tremendous integrity.

His family, his sons who have all led productive lives, and have productive families... They all say that Romney has tremendous character and tremendous integrity.

Do I trust that Romney would keep his promises? Romney promised to stand-the-line on gun rights?

*Everyone* in Romney's life has said that Romney is a man of integrity who keeps his promises...

Quoted:

Those of us who have figured this out don't pay any attention to what a politician says. We look at what the politician has done.

Good.

Then what are we disagreeing about?

Romney called for lower-taxes, and smaller-government in *every* budget he proposed as governor. Good.

Romney called for gutting and de-funding entire departments of government while he was governor. Good.

"Any Republican governor of a blue state who manages to balance the budget without raising taxes should be a nominee for Mount Rushmore, to say nothing of president. Mitt Romney was governor of a state so blue, it's North Korea with more Irish people. He balanced the budget without raising taxes." Link

The NRA has stated that Romney made things better for gun owners in Massachusetts. Link

So Romney cut government, cut government spending, cut taxes, was supported by the NRA, and made things better for gun owners...

Yes, actions speak.

"May God bless America!" Romney vs. "G- D- America!" Obama? I would walk-over hot coals to support Romney.

Quoted:

Your idol banned guns.

First of all, Romney is not my (your words) "idol." He did his best to keep Obama out of the Oval Office, and for that, I think he is a good dude...

He represented conservative ideals as best he could, and he debated liberalism and defended conservative ideals with effectiveness.

As for banning guns...

The Democrat-controlled legislature in MA had banned guns long before Romney's name was on any ballot. The Democrat-controlled Legislature banned guns, and the Democrats had zero desire to make things better for gun owners in Massachusetts.

Long before NRA-endorsed, NRA-supported Romney took the Governorship in MA, Democrats had banned guns in MA.

The only way Romney and the NRA was going to see *any* positive movement on guns in MA was to compromise and work with the veto-proof majority of Democrats. That was the only way the NRA was going to accomplish anything in MA.

That is how politics work.

Romney isn't my idol. Just like Reagan, he was not a perfect conservative.

But the NRA has made-clear in plain-English that Romney made things better for gun owners through his elected position...Link

Quoted:

Your idol had the model for ObamaCare developed and worked with Democrats to get it enacted .

You have no idea on the history of the mandate, do you?

Do you actually understand that Democrats as a whole do not want the mandate? They want a European model...?! Do you understand that?-?

Did you know that Ted Kennedy and the Kennedy clan was/were/are major players in Massachusetts politics...?-?

Can you wrap your head around that...?-?

The mandate law was written by the multiple-philanderer Newt Gingrich when he went to work for the Insurance Companies after he left office in disgrace. Gingrich was a lobbyist for the insurance companies...

At the time folks were going on Oprah whining about how their insurance companies were screwing them over. At the time, crying women on Oprah would talk about suffering and children dying because insurance companies played insurance company games. So a momentum was rising in the US on health care "reform." And insurance companies were scared. So they paid Gingrich to help write a law that would protect insurance companies while making "changes" to the health care law.

Romney had absolutely nothing to do with writing or creating the "mandate" law.

Fast forward to Romney getting elected governor of Massachusetts. MA was totally-controlled by Democrats. A veto-proof majority of Democrats is a big deal when you consider it. Kennedy was beating the drums for a European model.

A European model, with American malpractice liability laws would be a disaster. "Doctor, you cannot refuse to see me. Oh, I have sued the last three doctors who have seen me..." If Democrats had their way, any doctor has to see every patient, and every patient has un-controlled ability to sue any doctor... That is bad news.

The model proposed, and supported to this day by the shot-callers in MA is a European model, combined with the ability to sue doctors over anything...

Obama never wanted "Obamacare" to work. He wants a European model. Why is it failing so badly now? Why did he lie to get a bad law passed. Obama and Democrats want a European system. They want across-the-board-government-care-for-everyone. Except themselves.

So... Romney gets elected governor of MA.

The Heritage Foundation, and many other conservative think-tanks know what Democrats are trying to do with healthcare in Massachusetts... So they give Romney the law Gingrich wrote to try to prevent the Democrats from acting as a majority... For right, wrong, or in-between... In the spectrum of right and wrong... Romney's original plan in MA was/is better than the Kennedy alternative... That is the honest truth...

Enough Democrats went-along with Romney that it passed.

Did Romney work with Democrats to pass it? Yep.

Is it better than the Democrat alternative? Yep.

Did Ted Kennedy show-up for a photo-shoot with Romney, and did Ted Kennedy praise it? Yep. Romney called his bluff, and Romney won, and Kennedy smiled and said he liked it, then Kennedy almost immediately went-about gutting Romney's law in the legislature, and the law in MA, and the law Obama passed gives small semblance to the law Romney proposed. Kennedy almost immediately went-back to promoting a European model... Even as Democrats in MA gutted Romneys original law...

Romney's original law was praised by conservative groups and leaders across-the spectrum... From the time... "Governor Mitt Romney has been working with the Massachusetts Legislature to pass a comprehensive, market-based reform program for health care. This Plan creatively uses an 1115 Waiver to bring affordable private health insurance products to all uninsured residents of the Commonwealth. The cornerstone for this reform is a personal responsibility principle. The Plan establishes a health insurance exchange to enable individuals to purchase health insurance on a pre-tax basis. The Plan also focuses on restraining the growth in heath care costs by empowering consumers and making healthcare service and cost information more easily available. Please join us as Governor Romney reviews this transformative Massachusetts health care reform plan." -The Heritage Foundation Link

Romney was supported by conservatives at the time because his law called for limiting malpractice liability, and for forcing freeloaders to pay. Both of those things are *huge* conservative goals regarding health care... Mind you... Obamacare did not include Romney's conservative provisions...

And Romney called for gutting "Obamacare" when Romney ran for the Oval Office. I fully-supported Romney's run.

Politics do not happen in a vacuum.

Perfect, ideal, pure conservatives do not actually exist in the real world.

Only retarded people and liberal Democrats think that pure conservatives exist in the real-world. Retards because they are retarded, and liberal Democrats want a caricature and a straw-man to destroy.

Only retarded people think that politics happen in a vacuum... Romney was supported by the NRA for pushing-back against an overwhelming majority of Democrats on gun rights, and Romney was supported by conservatives and the Heritage Foundation for trying to stop Democrat momentum on destroying the American healthcare marketplace...

Quoted:

Many of us simply refuse to vote for a candidate who takes such actions. About six million of us in fact ...

Many folks refused to vote for Romney because of Romney's deeply-held religious beliefs...

Meh.

Idiots are going to idiot.

Romney called for making the government smaller as governor. Link

Romney called for lowering taxes as governor.Link

Romney made things better for gun owners as governor. Link

"May God bless America!" Romney vs. "G- D- America!" Obama... I would have walked over hot coals to vote Romney.

No question. No doubt.

"No new gun laws" Romney vs. "Comprehensive restrictions to gun rights" Obama... I would have walked over hot coals to vote Romney.

No question. No hesitation.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 4:24:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Romney's platform for President was, "No new gun laws."

That platform was farther to the right than, "Close the gun show loophole." Palin/McCain platform...

Romney's platform for President was one I could support...
View Quote

That may be true for 2012, but in 2007, while trying to get the nomination, he stated that he supported an "assault weapon" ban.  I don't trust the guy and he definitely doesn't get it.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 4:26:09 PM EDT
[#7]

I think he'd make a good POTUS on economic issues but I think he'd be centrist on social issues, which isn't what I normally see in Mormons.

I hope we find someone better, but if he's all there is I'll take him over whatever Dem rises to the surface of their cesspool.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 4:26:31 PM EDT
[#8]
I know quite a few people that didn't vote for Romney,and not one was for his Religion.

Agreeing to ban "assault weapons" and thinking that government MANDATED healthcare (where the gov. FORCES you to buy their approved healthcare) are the big reasons.FACTUAL reasons.

Try and polish the turd all you want-in the end,it's still a turd.

Just like Reagan-lots of great speeches about big government being the problem,then he expands the same friggin' government.

Each administration outdoes the previous in increasing the gov. intrusion into our everyday lives.I will guarantee you that trend continues,no matter who gets elected.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 4:36:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

What do you think this country will look like in 20 years?After all the working together/compromising with Democrats?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

What do you think this country will look like in 20 years?After all the working together/compromising with Democrats?

According to the NRA, Romney *earned* his NRA endorsement...

When Romney was elected governor of MA, he promised to try to make government smaller, he promised to try to lower taxes, and he promised to try to make things better for gun owners.

Per the NRA, the Heritage Founation, and many other conservatives and conservative groups, Romney kept his promises... NRA Link Lower-Taxes Link

Romney was *forced* to work with Democrats when he was elected. They had had total-control of MA for long-before Romney was elected.

Reagan, when he was governor was forced to work with Democrats when he was elected... They had been growing in numbers in California... Reagan was a good leader, and used compromise to push-back against Democrats...

Romney was praised by conservatives for doing the same-thing... For pushing and pulling and fighting for conservative ideals...

The Founding Fathers compromised... Many Founding Fathers found slavery reprehensible and completely repulsive. Franklin was an avowed and vocal anti-slavery Founding Father. South Carolina and Georgia threatened to walk-away from the convention over abolitionists threatening to close Southern Ports to incoming-slaves. The Founding Fathers... Compromised.

Romney did his best as Governor to  push conservative ideals.

So much so that when he left the governorship, he was outright hated and reviled by liberal Democrats. They had absolutely nothing good to say about Romney's conservative vision in MA. Good.

Romney tried. That is what we need more of in this country. Folks who will show-up and push-through conservative ideals and goals...

Quoted:

The funny thing is,if we had President Romney as President with the democrats holding the House and Senate,Romney may have signed gun control (why stand on principle and veto when they can override you,amiright? ) and we would have heard all the R party faithful tell us how lucky we are and it would have been soooo much worse under Obama.....

You can speculate and postulate all you want.

Everyone Romney dealt-with in his professional, Olympics, and religious leadership... Everyone across-the-board all said that when Romney said he was going to do something... He did it. He was praised for his integrity and his character.

Romney promised to protect gun rights. Romney was going to keep his promise.

Obama is dangerous in the Oval Office because he honestly thinks he is a King... Obama is dangerous not because he works with the legislature, Obama's Executive Orders are *extremely* dangerous.

Romney issuing the anti-gun, pro-amnesty EOs that Obama has ordered? Never happen.

Romney pushing anti-gun legislation when he promised to protect the gun industry, and "No new gun laws." Never happen.

You can speculate and postulate all you want. Obama has been a disaster for gun rights, and for the security of our great nation.

"May God bless America!" Romney perfect? Not in a million years. Reagan was not perfect, either...

Executive Orders banning guns, and opening the border, like Obama has done? Not in a million years.

Romney breaking his promise, "No new gun laws?" Not in a million years. He is a promise-keeper, according to *everyone* he led in Business, at the Olympics, and as a religious leader.

Quoted:

Hell,even Chuck Schumer says he supports the 2nd Amendment..

That is kind of like saying, "When did you stop hitting your wife." Plain-and-simple... The NRA supported/supports Romney, while the NRA actively fights Schumer... I don't think it can get any simpler than that. I can write it in crayon, if you need...

The NRA put a lot of resources and volunteers to get Romney elected in MA. Per the NRA, Romney *earned* his endorsement...

Per the NRA, Romney did more than just "say" he supports gun rights... he put his words into action, and fought Democrats to make things better for gun owners as governor... Link

Romney had every opportunity to support restrictions to gun rights. If Romney was a closet gun-banner, he had plenty of opportunities. The Aurora shooting happened *during* the campaign. Romney stood-the-line on gun rights. The media was in a frenzy. Obama/Schumer/Democrats were in a frenzy.

Romney stood-the-line on gun rights. Per the NRA, Romney *earned* his NRA endorsement.

Schumer? Huh.

Romney took his boys shooting, and taught them to shoot.

Romney owned guns in his home, and considered gun ownership a moral right.

Romney taught his boys gun rights, and instilled in them a love for the constitutional right of gun ownership.

Who has Schumer taught to shoot? What sons of Schumer own AR-15s? Huh.

Romney pushed-back (as best he could) against the clear-cut Democrat majority in MA... The NRA is correct in saying that Romney *earned* his NRA endorsement...

Romney did not lead in a vacuum. He led in the real-world... Romney is far from perfect. Reagan wasn't perfect... But Reagan vs. Carter... Reagan all day. Romney vs. "G- D- America!" "Full-amnesty-for-illegals!" Obama... I would walk over hot coals to vote Romney...
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 4:38:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

No.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I won't vote for anyone that says they'll sign a gun ban.  Ever.

[snip]

No.  

Are you openly-stating that you would not have supported Reagan?

Unbelievable.

Flat-out unbelievable.

Wow.

No words.

Reagan vs. Carter?

Reagan all day long.

"May God bless America!" Romney vs. "G- D- America!" Obama?

I would walk over hot coals to vote Romney.

Wow. No words.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 4:39:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I know quite a few people that didn't vote for Romney,and not one was for his Religion.

Agreeing to ban "assault weapons" and thinking that government MANDATED healthcare (where the gov. FORCES you to buy their approved healthcare) are the big reasons.FACTUAL reasons.

Just like Reagan-lots of great speeches about big government being the problem,then he expands the same friggin' government.

Each administration outdoes the previous in increasing the gov. intrusion into our everyday lives.I will guarantee you that trend continues,no matter who gets elected.
View Quote

+1 except the last part.

Romney got fewer Mormon votes than Bush, in fact Romney got fewer votes across the board in the R base.

That fact alone should send the " moderates" looking for another champion.
They aren't looking for another champion because the rest of the RINOs are even lamer.

Bush daddy and W nanny state compassionate conservatism is dead. The RINOs here need to let it go.

As far as the last part goes carguym14, I'm not ready to give up just yet.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 4:52:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Rabidfox den poll:

Dad 5%

Mom 15%

Kid 20%

Mayhem the cat 60%

I think Mayhem needs to put his paw in the ring. Wins over Romny by a landslide.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 4:53:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

That may be true for 2012, but in 2007, while trying to get the nomination, he stated that he supported an "assault weapon" ban.  I don't trust the guy and he definitely doesn't get it.
View Quote

It is tragic looking-back... But the truth... In 2007, Romney was the pro-gun candidate in the pool of potential Republicans...

McCain/Palin campaigned on the same "assault weapon" "I will sign it" bs... **AND** as if it could not get any worser... They campaigned to criminalize all gun sales and exchanges outside a gun dealer.

They campaigned and promised, "Close the gun show loophole."

Believe it or not, Romney was the pro-gun option...

You need to keep-in-mind... The NRA did not want the fight for gun rights to take place at the *national* level. The NRA could drop on a one-time prime-time advert the same amount of money they spend on getting 10 congress critters elected. The NRA did not want the debate over gun-rights to take-place at the Presidential level.

Saying, "I will sign it..."

Essentially eliminated the argument at the Presidential level. Believe it or not, it is what the NRA coached NRA candidates to say...

I could get behind Romney 100% in 2012... I fully-supported Romneys platform in 2012, "No new gun laws."

Romney's plafform was farther-to-the-right than Reagan, who ran promising *his* ban.

Romney's platform was farther-to-the-right than Palin/McCain who ran promising to criminalize all gun sales and exchanges outside FFLs, "Close the gun show loophole."

Yeah... Like Reagan, Romney tripped-up on gun rights...

The good thing... When Romney led the ticket, he did the best job out of any on standing-the-line on gun rights...

Yeah... "No new gun laws." Was a platform I could fully-support...
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 4:56:33 PM EDT
[#14]
I call bullshit on that poll, there is no way Jeb Bush is pulling at 11%.

Either Hillary or Jeb, the electorate should reject dynastic politics out of hand.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 4:58:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Ted Cruz is my guy.

View Quote

Ted Cruz will never be the President.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 5:07:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

There were plenty of folks here on arfcom who openly-stated that they would *never* vote for a member of the Latter-Day Church of Jesus Christ.

Plenty.

There were entire threads about it.

It is convenient, too, that when Romney finally won the nomination, and it was "May God bless America!" Romney vs. "G- D- America!" Obama... Those same exact folks said that they could not support Romney for various other reasons...

Their original disdain for Romney's tremendously effective leadership was his deeply held religious convictions...

Quoted:

The Democrat-controlled state legislature in MA had long-since banned "assault weapons in MA... Long before Romney's name was on any ballot there...

The NRA has said in plain-English that Romney made things better for gun owners in MA...Link

The Democrat-controlled state legislature in MA was going to pass comprehensive changes to health care with or without conservative input. I can appreciate that Romney included provisions to protect doctors from malpractice, force freeloaders to pay, and prevented a European-style plan... Romney was a highly-effective leader in MA.

In addition to pushing-back against Democrats on guns... And preventing a European-style health care plan...

Romney also tried to make government smaller, and tried to cut taxes on every turn...

Quoted:

Romney's highly-effective leadership of the Olympics wasn't a turd... Romney's highly-effective leadership in the open-market wasn't a turd... Romney's highly-effective leadership in religious leadership wasn't a turd.

He was highly-trusted, and highly-respected...

And... Romney did not just "say" he wanted to cut government and taxes... He actually implemented it... Send Lizzie Borden to Washington

He gave great speeches against the 47%... According to conservative analysts, and Democrats who hated him when he left office... He put it into practice as governor...

Quoted:

I will guarantee you that trend continues,no matter who gets elected.

Everyone who Romney led at the Olympics, in the open-market, and in religious leadership.. They all said that Romney was a man of utmost character and integrity...

Romney said he was going to try to cut government, cut spending, and cut taxes... He also said he was going to stand-the-line on gun rights...

Obama uses Executive Orders to act as a tyrant...

"May God bless America!" NRA-endorsed Romney vs. "G- D- America!" Obama... Romney all day long...

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 5:11:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

It is tragic looking-back... But the truth... In 2007, Romney was the pro-gun candidate in the pool of potential Republicans...
View Quote

The problem with Romney was the same a John Kerry's on far too many positions that are supposed to be about principle.

He was for it before he was against it whenever it was politically expedient to be so.

Romney is an empty suit willing to say whatever it takes to gain power.
The voters saw right through him and were repulsed. That's why he couldn't inspire the base then, and he will loose again in 2016 if nominated.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 5:15:07 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Ted Cruz is my guy.

I believe this also. Cruz has negative charisma. Kinda like Romney had negative charisma.

People vote for people they like. Ted Cruz comes across as a negative on the likability scale to people who are not gut-hooked Republicans. The Dems would have to have a seriously flawed candidate for the non-gut-hooked to vote for Cruz. Plus, he has ho Hispanic cred. He's just another angry white guy in the view of most Americans.

YMMV and all that.

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 6:31:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Romney got fewer Mormon votes than Bush,
View Quote

I would be very careful with making assumptions on that...

Membership in the LDS church has *exploded* in African-American communities and urban areas and inner-city areas in the United States..

Among active conservative voters, who are LDS, Romney did just fine.

Among LDS voters as a whole, as a block, the group is becoming more-liberal, statistically speaking, as the church leaves the Republican West...

Among African American LDS folks I know, they have said that they would have voted for Romney, if Obama wasn't on the ticket...

Yes... The LDS as a block of voters is still *extremely* conservative...

Yes... Utah is one of the most-conservative states in the United States...

Yes... Romney was outright *begged* by conservatives to run for governor in Utah...

But... be careful casting assumptions on voting among LDS folks moving... With the largest segment of growth in the LDS Church among African Americans... I would be very, very careful making assumptions on votes moving... There is no litmus test in the LDS Church on voting...

And with African Americans joining the church in large numbers, any move to the left in voting habits is not necessarily unusual... And as a block... LDS folks are still more-conservative on-average than the average voter of any other church...
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 6:45:28 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

That is not what folks said who he led throughout his life...

Those he led in the open market... Those he led at the Olympics... Those he led in religious leadership... All said the opposite.

They all said he had the highest level of character and the highest level of integrity...

Quoted:

The voters saw right through him and were repulsed. That's why he couldn't inspire the base then, and he will loose again in 2016 if nominated.

There were some unique factors that hurt Romney...

Palin wanted her name to be in the hat at the convention... She honestly thought that she had a chance if she could have a broken-convention... She openly-stated that she thought she had a chance if the party was split prior to the convention.

She fought Romney tooth-and-nail.

Even after it became apparent that Romney had the votes, and even after Gingrich and Santorum had run out of money, and were into deep bankruptcy... She continued to call for splitting the ticket against Obama.

There is absolutely no way Romney could compete with that. That isn't how incumbents are beat... Splitting the ticket was a horrible idea... And keep in mind. She had campaigned alongside McCain on a pro-amnesty, anti-gun, "Close the gunshow loophole" platform... She can "say" she disagreed with Romney on "principle." The truth... Romney was farther to the right than Palin/McCain on almost every issue important to voters.

Palin did to Romney what Kennedy did to Carter when Reagan beat Carter... Kennedy took the race against Carter farther than he should. Same with Palin.

Even after Romney had the delegates. Even after the full-commitment of the party was behind Romney. Even after it was clear-cut that Romney's platform was farther to the right than the Palin/McCain platform...

She called for splitting the party against Obama. She was playing games pure and simple...

How can Romney overcome that?-?-!-!

Gingrich and Santorum both took their campaigns against Romney farther than they should have... They both drove late-in-the-game attacks against Romney a lot farther than they should have... And they were losing money like crazy trying to attack Romney after Romney took the clear-cut lead...

How could Romney overcome that?-?-!-!

Don't go and say, "Well decades-in-Washington, multiple-philanderer Gingrich was a true conservative..." No. Lautenberg-writer, 94 Gun-Free-Zones writer Gingrich sucked rotten eggs. He sucked bad. Vs. Romney, Romney was the pro-market conservative...

Palin calling for splitting the party, and Gingrich maintaining attacks against Romney long-after he had run out of money... That was a difficult row to hoe for anyone...

Here is the kicker... Prior to Gingrich conceding to Romney... Gingrich had run on an anti-capitalist, anti-free-market, anti-Romney, class-warfare platform... Palin had supported philanderer Gingrich...

And... Gingrich said he would not stop attacking Romney in the press, and doing Obama's dirty-work until Romney promised to pay-off Gingrich's deep campaign debt...

Yeah... Romney had an uphill battle from the gate...

Romney ran on an anti-union platform...

Romney ran on a "close the borders" platform...

Romney ran on a "no new gun laws" platform...

Reagan ran pro-union, pro-amnesty, and promised the gun ban he enacted...

The truth... Romney ran farther to the right than any Republican in recent memory...
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 6:47:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Romney can eat a dick.

The Republicans have no idea what their party base wants and keep trying to reach across the aisle to get Dem votes--when the FSA will just vote for whomever their "community organizers" tell them to.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 7:04:42 PM EDT
[#22]
I really hope juni's leaders are paying him for his google bombing with Romney praises.

To think he would do this all for free is unbearable.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 7:24:45 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

I really hope juni's leaders are paying him for his google bombing with Romney praises.

View Quote
Might be a volunteer

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 7:30:00 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 7:33:35 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
juni4ling is a Mormon.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Might be a volunteer  

juni4ling is a Mormon.

It's Moran.

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 7:35:02 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

It's Moran.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Might be a volunteer  

juni4ling is a Mormon.

It's Moran.  
Yep.

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 7:39:51 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 7:40:13 PM EDT
[#28]
I'd vote Romney again if he got the nomination. But I'd rather have Cruz.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 7:42:14 PM EDT
[#29]
I just could not trust Romney on guns at all. With the way he flip flopped around, and considering he really doesn't seem to get it I truly think he would sign a ban if he was president and it reached his desk.

I did vote for him in the end because Obama is so much worse, but in some ways I am ashamed of the vote.

I voted for McCain, and Romney but from now on I think I am done voting for RINOs.

I will gladly vote for the GOP if they put forth a halfways decent candidate, but I'm done voting for them just because they aren't democrat.

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 7:42:58 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

I think Paul is much more electable than either.

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 7:44:33 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Hell yeah.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hopefully Scott Walker will run.

Hell yeah.

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 7:47:31 PM EDT
[#32]

Reagan ran pro-union, pro-amnesty, and promised the gun ban he enacted...

The truth... Romney ran farther to the right than any Republican in recent memory...
View Quote

He promised the machine gun ban before he was elected ? I don't see how that could have been since the ban was a late addition to an otherwise pro gun law.

Overall that law was a very positive thing for gun owners, and I believe that is why he signed it. Didn't he ask the NRA if should sign it ? That is how I understood it.

I don't its fair to consider Reagan anti gun. He didn't campaign on an anti gun platform, and make public statements about restricting guns at least as far as I know of.

Romney did. Maybe he legitimately changed his position, maybe he was just saying what he needed to gain support and would betray us later. Neither of us really know for certain. I know I'd prefer a better candidate than one who just a few years ago expressed support for banning firearms.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 7:48:39 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hopefully Scott Walker will run.

Hell yeah.

What is wrong with Walker ? Not my first choice, but I don't know that he is a bad choice either.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 8:05:13 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
The three leading candidates can all fuck off imho.

Fuck Romney
Fuck Christie you fat fuck rino

I am unsure about Jeb but I have heard he is pro amnesty
View Quote

The Bushes are all the same.  We elected G.H. because he was Ronaldo Maximus' VP.  He turned out to be a statist libtard.  GWB sold us on a small government ticket and we have the DHS.  Jeb is no different.

Fool me once...

TC
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 8:07:00 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
We should see if Bob Dole is up for it, that dude is electable as fuck! Maybe Gingrich, the electability just oozes out of his pores and coats him in a thin layer.
View Quote

I have a real problem taking the Lord's name in vain but G*d damn you, Balog.  All to Hell!

Thanks for fucking up my Thanksgiving.

TC
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 8:29:25 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

and a better candidate
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 9:04:11 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

No, he's not.  He's a nice guy.  But he is a Mormon.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=moran

Anyone with an opposing view.

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 10:15:28 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

The Bushes are all the same.  We elected G.H. because he was Ronaldo Maximus' VP.  He turned out to be a statist libtard.  GWB sold us on a small government ticket and we have the DHS.  Jeb is no different.

Fool me once...

TC
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The three leading candidates can all fuck off imho.

Fuck Romney
Fuck Christie you fat fuck rino

I am unsure about Jeb but I have heard he is pro amnesty

Fool me once...

TC

LOL-"Fool me once"

More like "fool us over and over and over cause we'll still vote R"

Seriously though,if we can get an R in the White House and keep the R's in control of both Houses,I'm sure this time we'll get that smaller government/less spending they are always promising...............
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 10:17:55 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

He is definitely a faithful follower,ya gotta give him that.

I can see him trying to defend anything the R's do,including gun control.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 10:48:43 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

I could say the same about folks who saw the Executive Orders Obama was giving... Could see the damage Obama was willing to do to the country...

Folks could see Romney say, "May God bless America!" And look at his live and service and see that Romney meant it...

And could see the so-called "Christian" church that Obama attended, and see the "G- D- America!" doctrines it taught...

Folks could compare "May God bless America!" "No new gun laws," Romney vs. "Comprehensive restrictions to gun rights," "G- D- America!" Obama...

Folks could make that comparison and sit at home...

It is interesting what you consider unbearable...

That is interesting...

Me... I would have walked-over hot coals to try to keep Obama out of the Oval Office if it had come to that...

No question.

No doubt.

No hesitation.

It is almost unbearable (to me) to look at the EOs that Obama has ordered, and the damage Obama is willing to inflict on this great nation...
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 10:53:45 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

It's Moran.  
View Quote

The first person to start calling-names in a debate has lost the debate...

Don't concede your position so easily...
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 10:57:56 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

It's Moran.  

It was a joke.  Don't take the Internet seriously.

But it's super awesome Romney is your ideal candidate, but let's just say he doesn't really fire up the base or independents that will be needed for a presidential run.

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 10:58:36 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Personally, I didn't find much wrong with him other than his more liberal policies when he was running an extremely liberal commonwealth.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 10:58:50 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

Thanks, O_P.

Always awesome, O_P...

From gun rights, to principles our great nation was founded on, to helping a brother out... Good to know you, O_P...
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:02:57 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Personally, I didn't find much wrong with him other than his more liberal policies when he was running an extremely liberal commonwealth.
View Quote

my experience too,  hated him at first, the realized, he was literally doing the job he was ELECTED to do.  a lot of people got butthurt he signed bills voted on by his constituents. Basically we shit our pants over activist judges,  but wanted him to override the wishes of his entire state.

after a lot of research, i determined he would have been the best person in the country to get our economy moving again, and as bad as I hated him previously,  I really really really would like to give a guy with a history of saving shit businesses, a crack at our shit economy.

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:10:22 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
If you elect Rand Paul in the primary,  I'll pull my libertarian vote and mark the R on the ballot.

Don't give me more of this Romney bullshit and expect me to eat a turd sandwich come voting time.  I cannot bring myself to vote for Mitt, no matter how well you paint his portrait.
View Quote

you're poorly informed.   You saw the sound bytes and bought the lie.  he did was his voters wanted.  He's conservative.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:17:51 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

He promised the machine gun ban before he was elected ?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

He promised the machine gun ban before he was elected ?

The point was that folks want to hold Romney against the standard of the "ideal" conservative candidate... When no such standard exists.

Reagan, for being an *outstanding* leader called for gun control while he was governor, and touted gun control on the campaign trail.

And there might have been good reason (from an outside-in perspective). There had been riots while Reagan was governor.

Quoted:

don't see how that could have been since the ban was a late addition to an otherwise pro gun law.

Overall that law was a very positive thing for gun owners, and I believe that is why he signed it. Didn't he ask the NRA if should sign it ? That is how I understood it.

Huh.

So an NRA-supported candidate compromised, and negotiated to include positive provisions in a law called a "ban."

Huh.

Unpossible...

Reagan *was* a net-positive for gun owners as President. Maybe not so much as Governor of California when you get into the nitty-gritty.

Romney, per the NRA, was a net-positive for gun owners as Governor...

Quoted:
don't its fair to consider Reagan anti gun. He didn't campaign on an anti gun platform, and make public statements about restricting guns at least as far as I know of.

Reagan and Romney have similar records is my point... Reagan worked and compromised with Democrats. Romney had to deal with a veto-proof majority of Democrats. Reagan didn't. And Reagan *still* compromised and negotiated with Democrats.

Reagan signed anti-gun bills into law, and actively campaigned touting his record on gun rights as Governor.

Reagan supported limitations to gun rights as President, and following his Presidency... Even supported the Clinton ban...

Romney campaigned farther to the right than Reagan on guns is my point...

Quoted:

Romney did. Maybe he legitimately changed his position, maybe he was just saying what he needed to gain support and would betray us later. Neither of us really know for certain. I know I'd prefer a better candidate than one who just a few years ago expressed support for banning firearms.

Well... We know that Romney taught his boys how to shoot. He taught them about guns. We know that he had guns in his home. We know his religious beliefs tell him that gun ownership is a civil right... We know he taught that as a religious leader from the pulpit...

Romney betray anyone?

Huh...

Everyone Romney ever dealt with... They all say he is of the highest moral character. Even Democrats who demonized him for his conservative solutions to problems... They all said that that Romney had the highest moral character...

Obama uses Executive Orders to act like a tyrant... I simply do not see Romney doing the same thing...
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:25:29 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Romney was a pro-free-market candidate... He openly fought Unions his *entire* professional life... He was a religious leader who did it all for no money at all... He taught his boys how to shoot, and instilled in them a love of firearms. They are all firearms enthusiasts... And active contributors to society, and good men themselves...

Romney perfect? Not in a million years. Neither was Reagan, frankly...

As for your cheap-shot about defending R's and gun control... Keep your shots above-the-belt...

If you have been paying attention for the recent history... Romney's platform, "No new gun laws..."

Beats the ever-living crap out of Palin/McCain's criminalize all gun sales and gifts outside FFLs: "Close the gun show loophole."

Yes... "No new gun laws" for President is a good platform for President... If we are going to see positive movement on guns, it will need and take conservatives at *all* levels of government...

"No new gun laws" represented a line in the sand after concession after concession... It was a good platform, and I could fully-support it...

Keep your hits above the belt...
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:33:56 PM EDT
[#49]
Romney has failed multiple times. Maybe he would have been good, I don't know. He seemed sincere, which in a politician is damn impossible to get. That alone should make him electable. But he's proven to be incapable of getting idiots in the middle to vote for him instead of the D that was babbling on about war on women and other horseshit. It's a risk we can't take. Hilary can just repeat Obamas campaign strategies and have a good shot at winning.

If she wins.... Vomit. 8 years of vomit.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:35:14 PM EDT
[#50]
Big whoop.

The primary is about winning states not national public support. This early it's strictly about name recognition.

Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top