Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/26/2014 11:08:24 AM EDT
I got called out by my liberal CBP Agent buddy.  He's still butt hurt over my support of the Bundy Ranch folks.  He thinks it's inconsistent to support resistance against the authorities in Bundy, but support the police in Ferguson.  Said it was all about the race of the protesters.

My answer is that Bundy Ranch was about resistance to a over-reaching Federal Government and Ferguson is about supporting the actions of an individual officer.

What say you?
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 11:09:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Apples and oranges
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 11:10:38 AM EDT
[#2]
The Fergudishu protestors are actually demanding , not resisting, an overreach of the Federal government.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 11:11:52 AM EDT
[#3]
I don't recall stories of anyone at the Bundy ranch setting anything on fire (well, maybe a grill) or looting anything.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 11:12:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Calm specific use of firearms to achieve thier goals.....

Link Posted: 11/26/2014 11:12:56 AM EDT
[#5]
No businesses were looted or burnt down in Nevada.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 11:12:57 AM EDT
[#6]
It's as different as Black and White. Wait... That didn't sound right.

Link Posted: 11/26/2014 11:13:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Bundy involved the Fed. Govt. attempt to dispossess a rancher of access to land and the seizure of his chattel (in this case cattle).    This was done on behalf of a foreign interest (China) that wanted to open a solar farm.

Ferguson involves the mis-perception of injustice in the use of deadly force by a police officer against a member of the Dindu Tribe.  In this case, it was a white officer.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 11:13:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The Fergudishu protestors are actually demanding , not resisting, an overreach of the Federal government.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/26/2014 11:14:11 AM EDT
[#9]
I could easily tell you the difference but I'm enjoying my time here.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 11:14:28 AM EDT
[#10]
Did Bundy assault a LEO and then try to take his gun?

Had Bundy just commit a robbery?

Yeah, they are the same.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 11:15:14 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I don't recall stories of anyone at the Bundy ranch setting anything on fire (well, maybe a grill) or looting anything.
View Quote

Nor do I remember any store being robbed by the "victim" right before the shooting.
FerFAL
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 11:15:18 AM EDT
[#12]
Let's compare the number of private businesses destroyed or robbed by the protesters in question.

No matter what your mission is, if your methods are immoral and criminal, I can't support that.

Take Occupy Wall Street, for another example.  While they may have had a legitimate complaint initially, once they started breaking store windows, looting, and shitting on cop cars, sorry, there goes your legitimacy.

Show me the last Tea Party rally/march/event where there was looting.  Oh, wait...
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 11:16:04 AM EDT
[#13]
yin-yang
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 11:19:44 AM EDT
[#14]
In Ferguson the "protesters" are exercising their inalienable constitution right to loot, burn, commit robbery, assault people, and to display other bestial behaviors that not even the likes of CNN could hide.

https://tv.yahoo.com/news/cnn-reporter-gets-hit-rock-live-tv-ferguson-063738495.html

No comparison to the events at Bundy or anything else is warranted.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 11:19:55 AM EDT
[#15]
Anyone who would compare the two has the same mentality as the people who compare abortion with the death penalty.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 11:22:58 AM EDT
[#16]
Bundys are working people, Browns are leeches.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 11:23:52 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I got called out by my liberal CBP Agent buddy.  He's still butt hurt over my support of the Bundy Ranch folks.  He thinks it's inconsistent to support resistance against the authorities in Bundy, but support the police in Ferguson.  Said it was all about the race of the protesters.

My answer is that Bundy Ranch was about resistance to a over-reaching Federal Government and Ferguson is about supporting the actions of an individual officer.

What say you?
View Quote

Just slam any door on your head a few times, it's much less painful.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 11:26:02 AM EDT
[#18]
Bundy didn't beat on a cop and try to take his gun?
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 11:27:31 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Anyone who would compare the two has the same mentality as the people who compare abortion with the death penalty.
View Quote

This. Two totally different issues at play.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 11:32:11 AM EDT
[#20]
I would guess that the ferguson conflict has more in common with the occupy wallstreet movement.

Why I guess that there is more in common is the instigators and support element are the same people.

Just a hunch I have.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 11:42:10 AM EDT
[#21]
I don't see a connection to the Bundy ranch but I do find it interesting that so many here were so upset about Erik Scott getting shot in Costco but no one seems to care about the life of Michael Brown.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 11:42:48 AM EDT
[#22]
fire?
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 11:44:28 AM EDT
[#23]
Please inform your friend that IMHO I am afraid to say he is a stupid dumbfuck.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 11:48:51 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I don't see a connection to the Bundy ranch but I do find it interesting that so many here were so upset about Erik Scott getting shot in Costco but no one seems to care about the life of Michael Brown.
View Quote

Insert picture of Ferguson looters, rioters, arsonists and assorted street thug/leeches here
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 11:49:04 AM EDT
[#25]
Bundy ranch people were all talk and the ferguson rioters have follow through?

Link Posted: 11/26/2014 11:52:22 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

exactly, no comparison.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 11:53:28 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

If you commit crime and then attack a LEO, you are probably gonna die.  Comparing Scott to Brown is disingenuous .......maybe go to the DU?
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 11:56:07 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 11:56:08 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

View Quote
Well, both abortion and the death penalty legally take a human life, so their is some comparison.  Unfortunately the one that gets used the most kills an innocent

Link Posted: 11/26/2014 11:58:00 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

I believe you missed quite a few things about MB prior to his altercation and demise in the hands of Officer Wilson.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 11:59:07 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/26/2014 12:06:49 PM EDT
[#32]
Ferg is a bunch of 80 IQ fucking idiots with zero valid reasons to protest/riot.

Only a dumbfucker would think the two have anything in common other than a gathering of people.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 12:07:36 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

That's the oddest thing; they HATE their local Government, but say they trust the Feds....

Hell, if they didn't STEAL from stores and get caught on video, they could get a job with either one...
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 12:09:37 PM EDT
[#34]
Private Property Rights vs theft/assault that resulted in a fatal shooting.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 12:11:08 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

http://photos.lasvegassun.com/media/img/photos/2011/07/10/scott1_t653.jpg?214bc4f9d9bd7c08c7d0f6599bb3328710e01e7b

Insert picture of Ferguson looters, rioters, arsonists and assorted street thug/leeches here
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://photos.lasvegassun.com/media/img/photos/2011/07/10/scott1_t653.jpg?214bc4f9d9bd7c08c7d0f6599bb3328710e01e7b

What does that have to do with the lives of Michael Brown/Erik Scott?
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 12:11:43 PM EDT
[#36]
Your buddy is an idiot and lacks critical thought.

Link Posted: 11/26/2014 12:11:51 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

If you commit crime and then attack a LEO, you are probably gonna die.  Comparing Scott to Brown is disingenuous .......maybe go to the DU?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't follow you. Scott committed a crime and then pointed a gun at LEOs. He died too.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 12:18:41 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

View Quote

Maybe because Erik Scott never punched anyone, never tried to take any police weapons from their control, never strong arm robbed a shopkeeper, never charged the police officers?

Nah, must be because we're all a bunch of black-man hating racists.

Nick
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 12:38:04 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 12:38:48 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

Pretty much nails it
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 12:40:06 PM EDT
[#41]
Bundy ranch supporters shot at cops, killed their own, burned half the town down, looted, and rioted?

This isn't apples to organges.  This is apples to watermelons.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 12:41:29 PM EDT
[#42]

The Bundy supporters didn't burn down his ranch to spite The Feds.

Link Posted: 11/26/2014 12:50:47 PM EDT
[#43]
I choose not to have liberal friends. Keeps my life simple and drama free,
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 12:52:58 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This, Both Scott and Brown made bad decisions and then paid the price for their actions. Neither should be seen as a role model or victim.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 12:53:40 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Maybe because Erik Scott never punched anyone, never tried to take any police weapons from their control, never strong arm robbed a shopkeeper, never charged the police officers?

Nick
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nick

He just went crazy in a store and then pulled a gun on cops.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 1:02:30 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

mike brown assaulted a police officer and tried to over power him and take his firearm ... Erick Scott really didn't do anything wrong... are you a
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 1:05:07 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

mike brown assaulted a police officer and tried to over power him and take his firearm ... Erick Scott really didn't do anything wrong... are you a
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The officers say different. Why do you believe the officers in the Brown case but not the Scott case?
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 1:08:47 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/26/2014 1:11:34 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ahh I see where it makes sense now...your from Nevada.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 1:13:18 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nick

A West Point grad allegedly acting totally out of character tends to get an initial benefit of the doubt whereas a career thug thugging, doesn't.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top