Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 8
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 10:05:08 AM EDT
[#1]
I see what he did there.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 10:10:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Wow, that father should be killed.

Things like that should be taken care of in house.  Short of molestation or something truly heinous, you should never rat out your own son.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 10:11:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Don't know whether it is true, but I understand a lot of serial rapists start out as peeping Toms.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 10:11:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Things like that should be taken care of in house.  Short of molestation or something truly heinous, you should never rat out your own son.
View Quote

In his mind, the government should take care of those things.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 10:12:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

Dindu Nuffin, is that you?
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 10:13:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Sentence the boy to a month of giving Helen Thomas sponge baths
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 10:13:14 AM EDT
[#7]
Snitches get stitches.

Dad sucks for not dealing with this in-house.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 10:13:36 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

Snitches get stitches, and a silk tie on Father's Day.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 10:13:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 11/26/2014 10:14:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 11/26/2014 10:14:36 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

As if you have a fucking clue what was going through the father's mind. My kid commits a crime he turns himself in and faces the consequences or I do it for him. Your mentality is as bad as Michael Brown' parents.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 10:15:29 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who said he didn't do anything???
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 10:16:32 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

As if you have a fucking clue what was going through the father's mind. My kid commits a crime he turns himself in and faces the consequences or I do it for him. Your mentality is as bad as Michael Brown' parents.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow, disgusting
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 10:17:47 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 10:18:26 AM EDT
[#15]
An actual Father! WOW! Pretty rare these days.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 10:18:27 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sure, a crime that causes harm to someone.  A "crime" and Ima whoop his ass and make him work like a slave for a while.  

Only a fool would "invite the man into his child's life" .
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 10:20:12 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Wow, disgusting
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wow, disgusting

You cover the small things up, and you are teaching your kid that:

A: if you do break the law dad will cover for you and make everything go away

B: Breaking laws don't matter as long as you don't get caught
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 10:20:37 AM EDT
[#18]
Is it illegal to look into people's windows? What expectation of privacy does anyone really have if they're stripping down and walking around in front of windows?

Perhaps he was trespassing, needs more details, but if he could stand on a sidewalk or other public area and see the women, that's their own damn fault for being retarded.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 10:20:59 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

No, a real father is loyal to his family.  A real father disciplines his son himself.  A real father doesn't turn his son into the police for something like this.  

Talk about nanny staters, I thought this was a conservative forum?  Yet half of you want to turn your kids over to the state for discipline.  It takes a village, huh???  
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 10:21:44 AM EDT
[#20]
If he had molested the women in any way, I wouldn't disagree with the father for turning in his son.
In this case I don't see how the women were hurt before the dad called the police and made it a public matter.
Should have been handled in house.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 10:22:00 AM EDT
[#21]
Grandview Heights is a middle to upper middle class neighborhood also, majority White with nice restaurants and bars it's next to Ohio State
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 10:22:05 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow, disgusting

No, not at all.

A father has plenty of power to discipline his son in effective ways.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 10:30:07 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

No, a real father is loyal to his family.  A real father disciplines his son himself.  A real father doesn't turn his son into the police for something like this.  

Talk about nanny staters, I thought this was a conservative forum?  Yet half of you want to turn your kids over to the state for discipline.  It takes a village, huh???  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Being a peeping tom isn't a small deal. In some areas it's a minor crime. Bet you'd be pissed to hear I wouldn't bail my kids out either. Sometimes the best way to learn is to face our justice system
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 10:33:08 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Being a peeping tom isn't a small deal. In some areas it's a minor crime. Bet you'd be pissed to hear I wouldn't bail my kids out either. Sometimes the best way to learn is to face our justice system
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Of course you would, why should you have to be a parent when you can leave that up to the state.  They'll raise your kids just fine.

You do realize that NOTHING is going to happen to this kid, other than the possible criminal record which may hurt the kid's future.  I would be WAY more scared of my father than the police if I was in this kid's shoes when I was young.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 10:34:51 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Of course you would, why should you have to be a parent when you can leave that up to the state.  They'll raise your kids just fine.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

There's a difference you're not seeing
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 10:36:35 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Being a peeping tom isn't a small deal. In some areas it's a minor crime. Bet you'd be pissed to hear I wouldn't bail my kids out either. Sometimes the best way to learn is to face our justice legal system
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Being a peeping tom isn't a small deal. In some areas it's a minor crime. Bet you'd be pissed to hear I wouldn't bail my kids out either. Sometimes the best way to learn is to face our justice legal system

It's not a "justice" system by any stretch of the imagination.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 10:40:35 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 10:41:00 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Either you don't have kids, you are trolling like a motherfucker, or you believe that your kid will get some kind of preferential treatment due to your LE status.

Only a fool would turn his kid in for a "crime" where no one was harmed.  Sure my kid gets a DUI, he'll face the music I won't dindu his ass.   But if he calls me because he realized part of the way home that his drunk ass getting behind the wheel was stupid, I'm not going to turn him in, I'm going to go get him. Which would you do?
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 10:43:21 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

Wow. Just a bit extreme.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 10:44:20 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Sentence the boy to a month of giving Helen Thomas sponge baths
View Quote

The fact that she died last year would make that punishment all the worse.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 10:44:57 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Wow. Just a bit extreme.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow. Just a bit extreme.

Maybe, but think of how great the world would be if fathers did their job and disciplined their kids instead of turning them into the state to allow the village to raise them?

Link Posted: 11/26/2014 10:46:23 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Wow. Just a bit extreme.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow. Just a bit extreme.

«tc2k11»
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 10:47:59 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Outsource that nasty business of being a father, huh?
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 10:49:40 AM EDT
[#34]
Kids will be kids.  Parents could have dealt with that in home.

All this is going to do is destroy the future of the horny kid, destroy the trust in the neighborhood, and basically cast out the family.

What happened to parenting these days? take his camera and any device that can record away.  Punish him and give him once and final warning.

Turning straight to the cops without addressing the kid first is  Can't wait for that kid to call the IRS on the dad and the law on everything the dad does wrong or doesn't file.  They are going to have an awesome relationship.... I can totally see that kid living with him past 18 (sarcasm)
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 10:49:58 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Either you don't have kids, you are trolling like a motherfucker, or ,,,you believe that your kid will get some kind of preferential treatment due to your LE status.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Either you don't have kids, you are trolling like a motherfucker, or ,,,you believe that your kid will get some kind of preferential treatment due to your LE status.

I'd think a police officer would know better than most not to let their kid get entangled, unless he was counting on special treatment.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 10:50:01 AM EDT
[#36]
Someone brought up drunk driving.

When my father found me buzzing from alcohol when I got home one night, he grounded me and took my car away.  This was the Summer before senior year in high school and it lasted until around Thanksgiving.

I was only allowed to leave the house for work or school, and I had to walk.  No hanging out with friends, no dating, nothing.

That was much worse than if he turned me into the police (especially back then when the laws were more lenient).  

Things were handled in house, and they were handled well.  I couldn't imagine him turning me into the police and if he did I could only assume our relationship would be non-existent today.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 10:50:26 AM EDT
[#37]
son fucked up, but now he will have to live with the reputation.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 10:50:34 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Maybe, but think of how great the world would be if fathers did their job and disciplined their kids instead of turning them into the state to allow the village to raise them?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wow. Just a bit extreme.
Do you think that this father did his job, seeing as how he's the proud dad of a 15-yo peeping tom?
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 10:51:40 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Turning straight to the cops without addressing the kid first is  Can't wait for that kid to call the IRS on the dad and the law on everything the dad does wrong or doesn't file.
View Quote

EXCELLENT point.  

I'm sure all the "men" here who say they would have turned their sons into the police all live perfectly 100% legal lives, huh?
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 10:52:35 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 10:53:28 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Kids will be kids.  Parents could have dealt with that in home.

All this is going to do is destroy the future of the horny kid, destroy the trust in the neighborhood, and basically cast out the family.

What happened to parenting these days? take his camera and any device that can record away.  Punish him and give him once and final warning.

Turning straight to the cops without addressing the kid first is  Can't wait for that kid to call the IRS on the dad and the law on everything the dad does wrong or doesn't file.
View Quote

That would be pretty funny, fair is fair after all, I'm sure dad has his own skeletons.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 10:53:40 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Do you think that this father did his job, seeing as how he's the proud dad of a 15-yo peeping tom?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wow. Just a bit extreme.

I don't believe that all people who do things wrong do it because they weren't parented well.

And while I will agree that it is extreme for the kid to take pictures and video of 3 different women, please don't act like you wouldn't look into a window if you passed by it and saw a hot naked woman
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 10:58:04 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Sure, a crime that causes harm to someone.  A "crime" and Ima whoop his ass and make him work like a slave for a while.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Finally some words of wisdom.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 11:07:23 AM EDT
[#44]
IBTL
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 11:08:48 AM EDT
[#45]
So your kid drives 5 miles over the speed limit your going to call the police?
Doesn't come to a complete stop at a stop sign? Tears the tag off a mattress
in defiance of federal law?  Throws a gum wrapper out the window of the car?

If the laws were a little more sane, it might make sense. Fifty years ago and
the police would have given him a hard time, but he wouldn't have been forced to
register as a sex offender for the rest of his life, ruining all future prospects for
finding a good job and living a happy life.

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 11/26/2014 11:10:17 AM EDT
[#46]
Looks like the two trolls that tried to defend this POS "father" have run off with their tails between their legs.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 11:11:35 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 11:12:34 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wow. Just a bit extreme.

AP used to agree with you.  
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 11:13:51 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I don't believe that all people who do things wrong do it because they weren't parented well.
And while I will agree that it is extreme for the kid to take pictures and video of 3 different women, please don't act like you wouldn't look into a window if you passed by it and saw a hot naked woman
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wow. Just a bit extreme.

You miss my point:
Shitty dad + shitty kid = totally in character for both of them.
Decent dad + shitty kid = probably was the last straw.
Shitty dad + decent kid = expected result of turning the kid in.
Decent dad + decent kid = dumb mistake... and then your 'Dad should have taken care of it' makes sense.
Very, very different scenarios, and the latter half of your first post makes sense only for the last scenario, instead of the broad brush that it is. The first half of your post seems short-sighted and irrelevant, honestly.

Besides, what exactly were in the photographs? Shots of some bikini models getting ready in a hotel lobby? That's fairly innocuous. Full-blown trespassing on private property, camera up against the glass, expectation of privacy in play, etc? Not so much.

When it comes to what I, as an adult, would do (smile and wave) if I saw a hot naked woman through a window... has no bearing on the parent/child relationship in the OP.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 11:16:08 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
IBTL
View Quote

I hope not.  This tread took a turn I wasn't expecting.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top