BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 9
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 11:11:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Most ridiculous post of the day so far. If they want to protest like that get the appropriate permits where they can legally assemble with that many people and the street can be shut down to traffic. Those motherfuckers would have been looking at the muzzle of my .44 Magnum for I sure as hell would have considered them a threat surrounding my car like that.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I see no problem with this
That bitches leg is going to be fucked up

Motor vehicles are considered deadly weapons when used like this.

They weren't attacking his vehicle until he ran over that woman. I don't like the protesters either, but they don't deserve to be driven over like dogs. They have constitutional rights just as we do.

The driver should be charged for attempted murder.

Most ridiculous post of the day so far. If they want to protest like that get the appropriate permits where they can legally assemble with that many people and the street can be shut down to traffic. Those motherfuckers would have been looking at the muzzle of my .44 Magnum for I sure as hell would have considered them a threat surrounding my car like that.

The constitution is their permit.Anything else is bullshit. The 2nd isn't the only amendment.

Based on traffic copter footage, Subaru picked a fight.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 11:15:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

They weren't attacking his vehicle until he ran over that woman. I don't like the protesters either, but they don't deserve to be driven over like dogs. They have constitutional rights just as we do.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bullshit. Your right to protest does not supercede my right to drive down a public street. GTFO out of the road. F protesters and FBHO.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 11:15:51 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
SOURCE?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

SNIP

Hit and run is the charge

SOURCE?

http://www.dailydot.com/politics/ferguson-protest-minneapolis-car-plows/

ETA: They have now added that the driver was released. No charges I guess

Link Posted: 11/26/2014 11:16:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 11:17:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Dont stand in front of anything that can harm/kill you.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 11:17:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Holy shit........everyone within 100 yards of me just lost 8 IQ points just because I read that.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 11:18:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
"Fuck the police! Fuck the police! Fuck the police! Fuck the police!", "OMG did that guy just run over someone?! Quick someone call the police!"
View Quote

Ain't it the truth?
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 11:18:55 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
The constitution is their permit.Anything else is bullshit. The 2nd isn't the only amendment.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So the right to PEACEABLY assemble includes tying up the traffic grid.
Riiiiight.

Get the fuck out of traffic, motherfuckers, or you get rolled over.

Link Posted: 11/26/2014 11:20:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

If I get stuck, shift to 4 wheel drive
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Mob my car like that and I'm going to floor it. If I get stuck, shots will be fired.

<---- look out, badass over here!

If I get stuck, shift to 4 wheel drive

Yep. Then if I get stuck, mag dump time.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 11:22:08 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Best tires for rioters?
View Quote

Dunflops run flats

I think that's what Tony Stewart uses

Link Posted: 11/26/2014 11:23:32 AM EDT
[#11]

I feel all warm inside after seeing that. I need a moment.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 11:29:41 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...........

This might change things a bit.  

Video from just before she came in contact with the crowd. (mob)

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=001_1416960887
View Quote

Gotta admit, as much as I like seeing dumbasses get run over, that does change things a bit. The driver went around another car intentionally to drive into the crowd.

There was a better way to deal with that.....and yes Ive been there before, during the Ilian Gonzalez issue down in Miami. About 1000 crazy Cubans came rushing into the street to block traffic on 79th street, I was the first car in line at the light when they ran out. I hung a right across 3 lanes of traffic from the left hand turn lane to get out of there before they blocked the whole road.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 11:30:53 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Gotta admit, as much as I like seeing dumbasses get run over, that does change things a bit. The driver went around another car intentionally to drive into the crowd.

There was a better way to deal with that.....and yes Ive been there before, during the Ilian Gonzalez issue down in Miami. About 1000 crazy Cubans came rushing into the street to block traffic on 79th street, I was the first car in line at the light when they ran out. I hung a right across 3 lanes of traffic from the left hand turn lane to get out of there before they blocked the whole road.
View Quote

One of the links said the police took him into custody but released him shortly thereafter.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 11:32:04 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Bullshit. Your right to protest does not supercede my right to drive down a public street. GTFO out of the road. F protesters and FBHO.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

See thats a stupid statement.

Someone blocking your way in traffic does not give you the right to use deadly force because you couldnt get where you wanted to go.

You arent talking about being afraid for your life or your safety, youre just saying you want to drive down the street....over dumbasses in the street.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 11:33:31 AM EDT
[#15]
I approve.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 11:34:43 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Probably had to turn off his traction control
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Why did the car stop???

Probably had to turn off his traction control
likely

Link Posted: 11/26/2014 11:36:10 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Ain't it the truth?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
"Fuck the police! Fuck the police! Fuck the police! Fuck the police!", "OMG did that guy just run over someone?! Quick someone call the police!"

Ain't it the truth?

Special snowflakes are full of irony.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 11:37:58 AM EDT
[#18]
Needs more this

Link Posted: 11/26/2014 11:38:34 AM EDT
[#19]
I would love to see GD's reaction if they were 2nd amendment protesters and it was some liberal subaru driving lesbian that ran people over.

Don't drive your car into a crowd of people. I did not know that the constitution guaranteed you obstacle free roads or the right not to be inconvenienced.

Stopping was an a option prior to meeting the crowd, backing up, U turn or many cars were able to make left turns.

How many burning cars, Molotov cocktails, thrown projectiles, or looting did the driver see in MSP? None?

The crowd did not swarm the car, the car tried to make it through the crowd. Ever been stuck in crowd traffic after a football game? You have to creep through to get people to get out of the way. This person cruised right through. Driver is an idiot.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 11:39:59 AM EDT
[#20]
My take aways from this...

Look for an out and work your way around if you can.  There were other vehicles that were snaking around and making a left hand turn onto the side street.

If you are vapor locked from fear or simply linear thinking though I could see wanting to just continue forward.

The rioters had an opportunity to simply back off and let the car pass.  If you feel strongly enough that you are willing to die for your cause to stop one car then more power to you, don't complain when you get pancaked.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 11:41:07 AM EDT
[#21]
AS long as the driver is over 40, the Reginald Denny defense will work, even with passing the other car.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 11:55:12 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

But will she?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Put me on the jury and he'd walk.

But will she?

WGAF?
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 11:59:17 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

If my car or truck was swarmed by a massive angry crowd of protesters I might be in fear for my life. I've seen how quickly someone can be pulled out of a vehicle and beaten to death. Also we don't know what happened before because we only saw a small segment of the video. What is to say that they were beating on the car before hand. We might not see some damage due to the quality of the film.

Link Posted: 11/26/2014 12:01:36 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 11/26/2014 12:06:18 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I would love to see GD's reaction if they were 2nd amendment protesters and it was some liberal subaru driving lesbian that ran people over.

Don't drive your car into a crowd of people. I did not know that the constitution guaranteed you obstacle free roads or the right not to be inconvenienced.

Stopping was an a option prior to meeting the crowd, backing up, U turn or many cars were able to make left turns.

How many burning cars, Molotov cocktails, thrown projectiles, or looting did the driver see in MSP? None?

The crowd did not swarm the car, the car tried to make it through the crowd. Ever been stuck in crowd traffic after a football game? You have to creep through to get people to get out of the way. This person cruised right through. Driver is an idiot.
View Quote

Has never happened because they aren't fucking stupid enough to stand in the street. If they are actually dumb enough to go play in traffic they get what they deserve.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 12:08:45 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

The problem is the driver drove TO the crowd THEN through the crowd.

Bad plowing.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No constitutional right to put the driver in fear for his life.  No constitutional right to restrict his freedom of movement in a place he has every right to be.

The rules regarding cars on the street and pedestrians on that sidewalk don't suddenly get suspended when you are angry enough and have a big enough mob.  The people who got ran over knew what game they were playing.

The problem is the driver drove TO the crowd THEN through the crowd.

Bad plowing.

I just saw that on the longer video on liveleak. Driver might be in some bad juju.

Link Posted: 11/26/2014 12:13:12 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
And yet the driver was arrested.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No constitutional right to put the driver in fear for his life.  No constitutional right to restrict his freedom of movement in a place he has every right to be.

The rules regarding cars on the street and pedestrians on that sidewalk don't suddenly get suspended when you are angry enough and have a big enough mob.  The people who got ran over knew what game they were playing.

And yet the driver was arrested.

There is a longer video on liveleak. It appears the driver intentionally drove into the crowd.

Link Posted: 11/26/2014 12:15:30 PM EDT
[#28]
I am sure people here remember the asian dude who ran over the motorcycle guys (thugs) in NYC. Of course many here cheered him as his life was endanger.
So my question here is will the driver be able to claim that he was afraid for his life thus justifying his actions?
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 12:19:23 PM EDT
[#29]
You know, if we would cut off these fucking savages' welfare and free goodies, they would have to get a job like the rest of us and they wouldn't have all of this free time to block roads.  

Instead, we give them total free support and they continue to have babies every nine months to get even more free shit.  

This will not end well.

Wait and see.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 12:22:19 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

What is that?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nah.  Take something like an F-150, mount it with about 4 of these on each side:  

http://www.imfdb.org/images/thumb/2/22/Jackass2_3.jpg/600px-Jackass2_3.jpg

drive into a crowd that has gotten too rowdy, and then fire in the hole.

After they get back up, hit them with one of those South African anti-carjacker flame thrower systems filled to the top with CS.

Then hit them with a light/speaker mount in the back displaying rapidly flashing lights at 200+ lumens and sound at 200+ decibels.

What is that?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

Less than lethal Claymore.

Link Posted: 11/26/2014 12:22:41 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I am sure people here remember the asian dude who ran over the motorcycle guys (thugs) in NYC. Of course many here cheered him as his life was endanger.
So my question here is will the driver be able to claim that he was afraid for his life thus justifying his actions?
View Quote

I would say so. It's easy for some, from the safety of their computers, to look at an overhead video and say "oh, this direction is less dangerous than that direction".
On the ground, all you are going to see is stopped or slow moving cars and the mob. I've been blocked in (or attempted so) by Houston's "Critical Mass" animals on bicycles in downtown Houston. Having 200 plus people storming down a street towards you will really, really change your point of view.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 12:24:47 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

View Quote
He was moving slowly through until they climbed up on his hood.

Link Posted: 11/26/2014 12:25:20 PM EDT
[#33]
I'd buy that driver a beer.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 12:27:27 PM EDT
[#34]

if they were not in a crosswalk, then they were jaywalking and the driver has the right of way. those claiming injury from being hit should be held liable for vehicle damages.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 12:28:05 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Look, teener... are you BLIND?

There is at least one vision-impairing cloth and one asshole already jumping on the hood before the cunt with the ugly glasses gets in the way.

You are 100% wrong.  The crowd would have gotten to smashing windows in a few seconds anyway, had no collision with people occurred.

But, I should have just said "teener" and left it at that.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 12:28:15 PM EDT
[#36]
needs moar speed cap'n
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 12:32:46 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Someone blocking your way in traffic does not give you the right to use deadly force because you couldnt get where you wanted to go.

You arent talking about being afraid for your life or your safety, youre just saying you want to drive down the street....over dumbasses in the street.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The street is a place commonly known to contain automobiles moving at moderate paces in order to gt from A to B.  Said vehicles are commonly known to be deadly if you get in their way as a pedestrian.  This is why we don't let children play in streets.  

Stay the fuck out of the street, or shit like that can happen.  I don't give a fuck what the purpose is for being in a public roadway.  The result is the same.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 12:34:54 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

That guy got boxed in while innocently driving down the road, and didn't move to engage the aggressors with his vehicle until they began to approach.  This guy appears to have driven up to the crowd (instead of turning or turning around as appear to have been options), then began moving through the crowd.  It looks like he either panicked or raged once he got all the way in, at which point the crowd got ugly at him.  Not really similar circumstances.

ETA:  I'm still on the fence as to whether or not this was a good drive-over.  The Range Rover one in NYC was good, no question.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 12:35:37 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

Every 2A event I've seen (here in Phoenix) has shown the people involved to understand what a sidewalk is, how to use a crosswalk, and how to not get hit by cars that are driving by on the roads nearby.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 12:35:50 PM EDT
[#40]
This thread is great is showing how editing can completely change the outcome and mindset of a crowd. I along with many others at first saw the shorter video where all we see is a car surrounded by an angry crowd of protesters. The driver, attempts to escape by driving forward. We side with the driver from that clip due to previous incidents like the LA Riots.

But the longer video on Liveleak shows a different story. The vehicle wasn't swarmed and surrounded by the angry mob. Instead the vehicle is clearly driving down a roadway with viable avenues of escape. The roadway was clear and the mob was visible. The driver coule have made a u turn or made a left like the other vehicles did.

Instead the driver clearly stayed in the far right lane and proceeded to drive into the crowd. At no point did the driver even attempt to avoid the confrontation.

Now, did the crowd have the right to block traffic? No, not at all. The driver legally had the right of way. But the driver didn't in anyway try to avoid conflict. Yes, I'm for the right to stand one's ground but to go looking for trouble doesn't help.

So take this as an example of how easy it is to whip up a crowd and change public opinion.

Link Posted: 11/26/2014 12:36:09 PM EDT
[#41]
Those organizing protests in the street should be held liable for any resulting injuries from getting run over

Link Posted: 11/26/2014 12:38:47 PM EDT
[#42]
Good.  Stay out of the streets.

Link Posted: 11/26/2014 12:41:26 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Do you have a Texas CHL--that class should have covered this for you.

In Texas, display of a firearm is legally considered the same as using the firearm. In practice, this may not be true, but the way the law is written, you are justified in displaying a firearm in the same circumstances you are justified in using the firearm.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Is it legal or should you show your firearm and tell people to get out of the way in this situation?

In Texas, display of a firearm is legally considered the same as using the firearm. In practice, this may not be true, but the way the law is written, you are justified in displaying a firearm in the same circumstances you are justified in using the firearm.
Yeh.

Well you guys got shitty gun laws and have a lot of catching up to do.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 12:42:37 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
This thread is great is showing how editing can completely change the outcome and mindset of a crowd. I along with many others at first saw the shorter video where all we see is a car surrounded by an angry crowd of protesters. The driver, attempts to escape by driving forward. We side with the driver from that clip due to previous incidents like the LA Riots.

But the longer video on Liveleak shows a different story. The vehicle wasn't swarmed and surrounded by the angry mob. Instead the vehicle is clearly driving down a roadway with viable avenues of escape. The roadway was clear and the mob was visible. The driver coule have made a u turn or made a left like the other vehicles did.

Instead the driver clearly stayed in the far right lane and proceeded to drive into the crowd. At no point did the driver even attempt to avoid the confrontation.

Now, did the crowd have the right to block traffic? No, not at all. The driver legally had the right of way. But the driver didn't in anyway try to avoid conflict. Yes, I'm for the right to stand one's ground but to go looking for trouble doesn't help.

So take this as an example of how easy it is to whip up a crowd and change public opinion.

View Quote

Link Posted: 11/26/2014 12:46:05 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Yeh.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is it legal or should you show your firearm and tell people to get out of the way in this situation?

Yeh.  

Disagree.  Brandishing is stupid and should not be encouraged.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 12:47:01 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

View Quote
No.

The person nosed up to the crowd THINKING that they could get through just like a sports event.

Then they close in and damage the car and cover it with the banner or whatever it is.

True, probably shouldn't have gotten close, but the way that collection of retards swelled off the sidewalk it's a 50/50 proposition on who closed the gap.

That said, I would have shot both the blonde cunt and the idiot at the driver side window.  They were intending to get in... likely to cause harm.  THEN sped right the fuck over whomever was in front.

The cops did the right thing, they got the guy's name and now whomever wants to can get on public record and sue civilly.  (You know, using courts to change how things work rather than rioting in the streets.)
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 12:47:38 PM EDT
[#47]
So, what car for Protesters?
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 12:48:27 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
Has never happened because they aren't fucking stupid enough to stand in the street. If they are actually dumb enough to go play in traffic they get what they deserve.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yup. The old communist leftie argument "but your side would too!"

Link Posted: 11/26/2014 12:52:27 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeh.  

WI has no brandishing law. Your law... is stupid.  Go read the "Street Robberies and You" thread.

Someone actively trying to get through a window (what the fuck do you think happens when someone smashes at glass? beers steers and queers party?) it's the same as breaking into an occupied home.

Weapons free.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 12:55:42 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
So, what car for Protesters?
View Quote

king ranch with guard can handle a 150lb hog at 70mph+

Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top