Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 10
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 9:31:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Why do I picture a bunch of guys getting off of three wheeled bicycles wheezing for breath after being dropped off at the end of the street wearing Son of Anarchy t-shirts showing up at your driveway asking to use the bathroom.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I had a problem with my neighbor earlier this year.  I am pretty sure that he damaged the tire of my Cadillac.

So here's what I did.

I knew a guy who was a member of a serious one percent motorcycle club.  I told the guy that I was having a problem with my neighbor and I asked him if he and his brothers would like to come to my house for some steak and beer.

I asked the biker to just stare at my neighbor in a hostile way.  So a dozen tough bikers wearing their colors showed up at my house.

They made a point of revving their Harleys as they parked their bikes in front of my house.  My neighbor was outside on his porch when the bikers showed up and I made a big show of greeting each man as he got off his bike.  I had lots of steak and lots of beer and a good time was had by all.

My neighbor has not bothered me since then.

we could make this happen.

Why do I picture a bunch of guys getting off of three wheeled bicycles wheezing for breath after being dropped off at the end of the street wearing Son of Anarchy t-shirts showing up at your driveway asking to use the bathroom.

No, these guys are serious.   I won't mention the name of the club.   But everyone here would know them.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 9:33:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Their dogs could very well be barking all day long when the owners are gone. Seen and heard that more than a few times. Put a camera inside the house first and see what's going on.

Maybe the crotchety old fuck has a possible point or two...

Link Posted: 11/24/2014 9:33:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Tell him to call in a favor to a little girl.  Preferably dressed as a girl scout with her parents.  Have them go around the neighborhood selling cookies or some shit.  Maybe even just make up some stupid petition thing that an old person can't resist.

Have them print their name and sign it.  With any luck, you'll be able to quickly match handwriting this way.

??

Profit.

I think that actually looks like a man's writing.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 9:34:34 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

My take on this is in the very small minority of GD opinions.

My landlord and landlady live upstairs. They are professional musicians and often play inside the house. The tuba rocks! It feels like the walls are moving like speaker cones. In the summer their son, daughter, and a friend live here while on break from school. They set up in the garage with amplified drum machine, bass, lead guitar and mics for vocals. The garage door is open during their sessions.

The closest house is 200 ft or so away. The music can be plainly heard far further than that. No one has ever complained, so it's a cool neighborhood. It helps that the music is really good danceable stuff. Some neighbors come out and enjoy it.

That said, the ordinance in your BIL's area is rather strict and open to some interpretation. Being young, I don't think he realizes just how much noise he's making and probably hasn't trained the dog. Now, the person who wrote the note might be a dick, we don't know. But the onus is on your BIL to follow regs, particularly since a cop showed at his door.

Neighbor is in control at this point and the only threat I saw in the note was her calling the police until things get straightened out one way or another.
View Quote
That's a pretty good way to fuck with somebody.

Link Posted: 11/24/2014 9:34:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Cameras a , trespass complaint followed by an arrest , Maybe even a restraining order
View Quote

This, but don't do it until you get cameras and catch them in the act of trespass... with the evidence, you can get a restraining order and arrest all in one. If you call the cops it may stop them from going it again... remember you want to catch them in the act without any warnings. Then bam
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 9:37:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

You would have to bring them to an approved animal shelter.  Killing a cat, someone's pet or feral, is considered cruelty to an animal in most places and is often a felony.  Not a good idea at all.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
get a camera and find the culprit

tell him to get a brinkman smoker. Fire it up every time the wind is in the right direction.

Compost pile as close to her place as possible. Stir it when the wind is in the right direction.

Tordon from a super soaker is a mean thing to do.

next time law enforcement comes, tell them the lady keeps pulling this and you are sorry she is wasting their time.

In college we made a potato cannon that launched our empty beer cans into the yard of the neighbor down the street that liked to F with us.

if she has cats, get a box trap and eliminate with extreme prejudice.

Buy a motorcycle and ride it early in the morning.

PINK YARD FLAMINGOS

Or instead of being a dick you could go over and present the culprit with pics after getting on camera and tell them to stop or you will press charges.

You would have to bring them to an approved animal shelter.  Killing a cat, someone's pet or feral, is considered cruelty to an animal in most places and is often a felony.  Not a good idea at all.

Link Posted: 11/24/2014 9:37:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
He needs to find out what the actual noise ordinances are for the area.

And cameras.
View Quote

And then get a stereo and a good decibel meter and crank up some annoying music that just barely passes the ordinance at the edge of his property.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 9:37:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I would not leave and it would be my personal mission in life to make her as miserable as possible without getting in trouble.  Yes to cameras.  

View Quote

Link Posted: 11/24/2014 9:38:45 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

That's old woman writing for sure.

Cause no one used cursive these days...
View Quote

Actually that looks like a man's handwriting.

Link Posted: 11/24/2014 9:41:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Photocopy the note and put it on every car in the neighborhood.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 9:49:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Lakeview Terrace.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 9:50:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 9:53:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 9:53:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
scorched earth and youtube videos).
View Quote

I agree with this
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 9:57:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Sorry my mom is kinda senile.

Wont happen again.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 9:59:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
He needs to find out what the actual noise ordinances are for the area.

And cameras.
View Quote

Ive called the cops on barking dogs before after letting the owners know.   I understand 5 or 10 minutes of barking,  but hour after hour is unacceptable if your neighbors are in close proximity.

I would want to know how much the dogs are actually barking and how loud.   My new neighbors have dogs.   They take them in if they start barking for more than a few minutes.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 10:02:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
my neighbor did that to our first dog, because he would run to his children when they called it over to play and he would step on his precious grass  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
They are planning on going to the police station tonight. I am scared whoever wrote the letter will poison the dogs.
my neighbor did that to our first dog, because he would run to his children when they called it over to play and he would step on his precious grass  

Holy shit. The things I would to do someone that did that to my dog...
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 10:05:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 10:13:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Oh I'd have so much fun throwing concerts in my back yard.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 10:18:23 PM EDT
[#20]
I like the idea of correcting the mistakes in the note and leaving it on the busybody's windshield the next day. Use a big red pen to highlight the mistakes, then put a big red 'F' on it.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 10:21:11 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Photocopy the note and put it on every car in the neighborhood.
View Quote

+1

Roy
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 10:40:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
This. $5.00 says the cops know who the person is and are tired of their shit.
Pre emptive call to the cops to get on record of harassment.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Call cops about letter with veiled threats.

Update.

Cops said there is nothing threatening about the letter and wouldn't file a report. Girls dad is a Firefighter for the city and is pissed.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 10:42:49 PM EDT
[#23]
I've been in this exact situation before with notes and everything...

This is an issue of harassment.  Our local noise ordinance has specific writing to prevent this exact thing from happening. The cops will only come on the first noise complaint. For them to come again, the neighbors need to band together and fill out a multi page formal complaint to the city.

Definitely keep that letter, along with the others that are sure to follow. Remember he needs to keep calm, and tell the cops who arrive that he is being harassed, and if possible he should get letters from the neighbors stating that there is a long history of harassment from an anonymous(or not) neighbor.  As well make sure it is stated that these complaints are being made during non-quiet hours which seems from your PDF 9pm to 9am week nights and midnight-9am on weekends

Next step, go directly to the police chief(or equivalent) and explain the situation(bring the letter) and ask for advice on how to stop both the harassment and the wasting of his officers time and city resources. If that doesn't yield any results, then start showing up to the city council meetings requesting a change to the city's noise ordinance that will eliminate personal harassment from the system.

She has the confidence that her behavior is ok... Provided your BIL wants to be a good neighbor (to normal people) and can remain calm, he can get the system to work for him, especially when the other party is wasting city resources on personal issues. Must early 20's guys are afraid to play the game, but if he doesn't, this will get much worse fast!
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 10:45:36 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Man, that is some seriously bad spelling.
View Quote

That's not very niece.

Link Posted: 11/24/2014 10:49:19 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I've been in this exact situation before with notes and everything...

This is an issue of harassment.  Our local noise ordinance has specific writing to prevent this exact thing from happening. The cops will only come on the first noise complaint. For them to come again, the neighbors need to band together and fill out a multi page formal complaint to the city.

Definitely keep that letter, along with the others that are sure to follow. Remember he needs to keep calm, and tell the cops who arrive that he is being harassed, and if possible he should get letters from the neighbors stating that there is a long history of harassment from an anonymous(or not) neighbor.  As well make sure it is stated that these complaints are being made during non-quiet hours which seems from your PDF 9pm to 9am week nights and midnight-9am on weekends

Next step, go directly to the police chief(or equivalent) and explain the situation(bring the letter) and ask for advice on how to stop both the harassment and the wasting of his officers time and city resources. If that doesn't yield any results, then start showing up to the city council meetings requesting a change to the city's noise ordinance that will eliminate personal harassment from the system.

She has the confidence that her behavior is ok... Provided your BIL wants to be a good neighbor (to normal people) and can remain calm, he can get the system to work for him, especially when the other party is wasting city resources on personal issues. Must early 20's guys are afraid to play the game, but if he doesn't, this will get much worse fast!
View Quote

Roger that.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 10:53:46 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I would not leave and it would be my personal mission in life to make her as miserable as possible without getting in trouble.  Yes to cameras.  

View Quote

this is my feeling.  I love a good escalation war.  I'd spend a sizable amount of time f'ing with her.  he should buy some of those random noise generators at thinkgeek.com and sprinkle those things all around her house.  she'll kill herself.

I also think some thrift store tape recorders with recordings of dogs barking or coyotes howling dropped by her house at 2a.m. a few times would be entertaining.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 10:54:13 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Update.
Cops said there is nothing threatening about the letter and wouldn't file a report.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Update.
Cops said there is nothing threatening about the letter and wouldn't file a report.

Saw that coming.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 10:54:25 PM EDT
[#28]
Take cookies to old lady.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 10:56:39 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

We're gonna need a bigger dog.
View Quote

A big barky dog.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 11:08:15 PM EDT
[#30]
Could make a call to the Department of Health and Human Services in their town and let them know there is an elderly person (if that was who it was) who is living alone, that might not be able to take care of themselves, and could possibly be in crisis.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 11:11:42 PM EDT
[#31]
PA system + Slayer... During daylight hours of course.  Be as obnoxious as possible within the bounds of the law
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 11:18:50 PM EDT
[#32]
open carry and knock on every door until you find out who left it and tell them to no longer trespass or litter.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 11:27:38 PM EDT
[#33]
Crank up AC/DC "If you want blood" song

Make the old bat call the cops every day, soon they wont show up, and will have to talk to her about being a bitch.

The letter looks like a THREAT to me. Keep it for evidence.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 11:32:21 PM EDT
[#34]
New update.

Their nice neighbor and the lady that moved out think its the old guy next door to the right. Would make sense because his car is parked on that side of the house. Old dude just went as far as the car and that's it.

Both said he was a dick.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 11:32:32 PM EDT
[#35]
Has anybody mentioned, turning the cats into spaghetti sauce, and inivitng her to dinner?
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 11:34:14 PM EDT
[#36]
send a letter back saying ...HONEY BADGER DONT GIVE A SHIT !!!!

Link Posted: 11/24/2014 11:37:33 PM EDT
[#37]
Time to build a skate park in your BIL's front yard and then invite the "riff raff skater kids" over to hang out...
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 11:38:37 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

View Quote
oh yeah,they would be my new pet project.I would love them tenderly..

Link Posted: 11/24/2014 11:40:51 PM EDT
[#39]
Playing loud music is a good way to make the rest of the neighbors hate you too.  Better one annoying asshole than a neighborhood full of justifiably angry neighbors.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 11:41:55 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I had a problem with my neighbor earlier this year.  I am pretty sure that he damaged the tire of my Cadillac.

So here's what I did.

I knew a guy who was a member of a serious one percent motorcycle club.  I told the guy that I was having a problem with my neighbor and I asked him if he and his brothers would like to come to my house for some steak and beer.

I asked the biker to just stare at my neighbor in a hostile way.  So a dozen tough bikers wearing their colors showed up at my house.

They made a point of revving their Harleys as they parked their bikes in front of my house.  My neighbor was outside on his porch when the bikers showed up and I made a big show of greeting each man as he got off his bike.  I had lots of steak and lots of beer and a good time was had by all.

My neighbor has not bothered me since then.
View Quote

The Hell's Eehhh-ngels are not to be trifled with.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 11:49:49 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Paper trail for when, not if, this continues / escalates.

That's not the ranting of a reasonable or stable person.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Copy to the cops immediately.

What are the police going to do with it?

Paper trail for when, not if, this continues / escalates.

That's not the ranting of a reasonable or stable person.

Exactly. They are claiming they have driven people out of their houses and will do it to the BIL if he isn't careful. Definitely a threat.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 11:53:44 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
New update.

Their nice neighbor and the lady that moved out think its the old guy next door to the right. Would make sense because his car is parked on that side of the house. Old dude just went as far as the car and that's it.

Both said he was a dick.
View Quote

Find a way to get his handwriting and make sure.  

Or confront him about it.  "Did you write this?"
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 11:57:30 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

This is the best answer.

Neighbor war is best war.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is the best answer.

Neighbor war is best war.

Absofuckinglutely.  That was the first thought that popped into my head.

I'm a peaceful mostly respectful guy, but asshole can be a two way road.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 12:00:16 AM EDT
[#44]
Every neighborhood has one to a varying degree.

There's a guy across the road that yells at the kids for riding their bikes past his house.

I've never talked to his wife and only chatted a minute with him once.  That was enough for me to tell.  Full blown nutcase.

That whole neighborhood is tangled web of restraining orders.

Has anyone mentioned a mini trebuchet and flaming dachshund turds yet?

Link Posted: 11/25/2014 12:05:04 AM EDT
[#45]
No, these guys are serious. I won't mention the name of the club. But everyone here would know them.
View Quote

Your entire post made me chuckle.  

Do people really get intimidated by motorcycle people?  All I can picture is a bunch Tim Allen and John Travolta wannabes attempting to look tough, but failing miserably.  Revving a motorcyle to look "cool" or "mean" is a douche move of the highest order...
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 12:06:22 AM EDT
[#46]
Why not just be assertive and approach the old dude about it?  No need to be a dick at first, but definitely reciprocate if he's one.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 12:07:04 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Saw that coming.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Update.

Saw that coming.

Yep. The BIL has nothing but more problems if he doesn't start paying attention to the ordinance.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 12:41:08 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 12:42:44 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 12:49:29 AM EDT
[#50]
yeah, that's just plain agressive.
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top