Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/24/2014 1:14:21 PM EDT
I'm making my shopping list--which I hate doing so my ADD has gotten the best of me.  What are you all having for dinner?

At my house we (hubster and I) are making Turkey, stuffing, rolls, mash potatoes and gravy, and Brussels sprouts (my kids insist) and my 6 year old granddaughter is making green bean casserole.  My son is making pies to bring.  My daughter is suppose to bring something but the kid works full time and is going to school full time so I suspect we'll have chips and salsa lol.

Go!  
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 1:15:40 PM EDT
[#1]
*shrug*   I'm the baby of the family, so I'm not expected to bring anything. I just show up and eat what everyone else cooked. I'm the FSA of the fam.  
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 1:16:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 1:18:09 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

*shrug*   I'm the baby of the family, so I'm not expected to bring anything. I just show up and eat what everyone else cooked. I'm the FSA of the fam.  
View Quote

FSA?  Yea my son is 15 and I've tried to get him involved but it's slow go.  My granddaugther wants to help and offered to make greenbeans (she does not like greenbean casserole but my husband said he wants greenbean casserole -- he does not ask for much so there might be a little contention coming time to make said casserole)

Link Posted: 11/24/2014 1:19:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Rack of Lamb
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 1:19:48 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Turkey, giblet gravy, sausage stuffing, bacon wrapped sausages, brussels, rutabega, roast potatoes, carrots.
View Quote

what do you do with rutabega?  I've never had them.

Link Posted: 11/24/2014 1:21:15 PM EDT
[#6]
thanksgiving is simple:
TURKEY!!!
Dressing!!
mashed potatoes!
then fill in rest with whatever long as there is enough to eat all you can eat. It is the one day of the year that I throw caution to the wind and eat all I can. So fun to get to do that one day a year and just stuff myself.

Dont' scrimp on deserts though... that is always fun to eat after lunch and more during the football watching.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 1:22:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Turkey, ham, baked stuffing with sausage, crock-pot stuffing with chicken, green bean casserole, broccoli casserole, mashed potatoes with gravy, cranberry sauce (yechhh), asparagus, sliced cucumbers, sliced tomatoes, whole green onions, Crescent rolls, lots of sweet tea, pecan pie and pumpkin pie.

Beer and football for dessert.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 1:23:01 PM EDT
[#8]
pizza soup.

I'll be camping at Big Bend,
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 1:24:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

FSA?  Yea my son is 15 and I've tried to get him involved but it's slow go.  My granddaugther wants to help and offered to make greenbeans (she does not like greenbean casserole but my husband said he wants greenbean casserole -- he does not ask for much so there might be a little contention coming time to make said casserole)

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

FSA = Free Shit Army. Come on, sister, you've been here long enough.  
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 1:25:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 1:31:38 PM EDT
[#11]
More or less a typical traditional Thanksgiving dinner.
Roast Turkey (Alton Brown Brine&Roast Un-Stuffed), bread dressing side (Dressing), mashed potatoes/gravy, green bean casserole (not the crappy cream-of-mushroom stuff, THIS ONE), whole cranberry sauce (Bobby Deen Cranberry), homemade dinner rolls, homemade Dutch Apple pie with vanilla ice cream, and anything else that I decide to make on the spur -of-the-moment...
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 1:33:01 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

thanksgiving is simple:

TURKEY!!!

Dressing!!

mashed potatoes!

then fill in rest with whatever long as there is enough to eat all you can eat. It is the one day of the year that I throw caution to the wind and eat all I can. So fun to get to do that one day a year and just stuff myself.

Dont' scrimp on deserts though... that is always fun to eat after lunch and more during the football watching.
View Quote
I agree, I think I will make my pumpkin cake, it's pretty yummy and my son is making pies.  My husband might make pumpkin pie.  I'm not a big desert eater so I feel as if this is enough.

Link Posted: 11/24/2014 1:33:37 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Turkey, ham, baked stuffing with sausage, crock-pot stuffing with chicken, green bean casserole, broccoli casserole, mashed potatoes with gravy, cranberry sauce (yechhh), asparagus, sliced cucumbers, sliced tomatoes, whole green onions, Crescent rolls, lots of sweet tea, pecan pie and pumpkin pie.

View Quote
Yum!  Can I come over??  

Link Posted: 11/24/2014 1:34:23 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You'd think with my post count I would know it all but alas I learned something new today!  lol

Link Posted: 11/24/2014 1:35:27 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
It's similar to a turnip, my mom used to do them mashed with carrots and butter, I like to dice them and roast in the oven along with carrots and parsnips.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Turkey, giblet gravy, sausage stuffing, bacon wrapped sausages, brussels, rutabega, roast potatoes, carrots.

what do you do with rutabega?  I've never had them.

It's similar to a turnip, my mom used to do them mashed with carrots and butter, I like to dice them and roast in the oven along with carrots and parsnips.
I've never had turnips either!    My husband is always begging me to put a turnup in my stew but I love my stew the way it is so I haven't tried them yet.

Link Posted: 11/24/2014 1:58:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Moose steaks.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 2:05:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Turkey, cornish hens, quail (need to shoot a few more), giblet gravy, mashed/whipped potatoes (and sweet potatoes), biscuts, rolls, buns, stuffing, many veggies, a few pies, etc.  Pretty run of the mill around my place.  Perhaps some beef or elk if I'm feeling it.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 2:07:42 PM EDT
[#18]
I'm flying solo again this year, so steak, potatoes, cherry pie, vanilla ice cream. Probably.

I might drive back home to Michigan to surprise family, I haven't decided just yet.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 2:09:05 PM EDT
[#19]
Turkey sandwich with 2 pieces of pumpkin pie in place of bread.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 2:09:47 PM EDT
[#20]
Turkey hot pocket

Cheetos

Mt. Dew

Im by myself again

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 2:14:31 PM EDT
[#21]
I have to work so I'll probably go to Taco Bell for lunch.

Link Posted: 11/24/2014 2:49:12 PM EDT
[#22]
Yea, I'll be alone but not lonely. My Gma used to make this stuff with grated orange zest and cranberry? I don't know what the name of the side salad was; she used to call it "corpuscles" It was pretty good and a nice palate cleanse from the protien/carbs. Anyone had this?

BTW- some of those tables sound terrific, great way to spend the day.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 2:57:23 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Yum!  Can I come over??  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yum!  Can I come over??  

Long way to travel for a meal, but if you get here I'll tell the wife to set one more place. Might be at the kid's table, though, OK?
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 2:59:23 PM EDT
[#24]
Turkey, stuffing, and taters.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 2:59:33 PM EDT
[#25]
Will be working so whatever looks good out of the vending machine
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 3:02:15 PM EDT
[#26]
No bitching for me 'round here....

Told my father in law if he wanted to join me i was going to Golden Corral....with my son...he said yes...

right in front of wife and mil....

Link Posted: 11/24/2014 3:04:14 PM EDT
[#27]
beans and hotdogs
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 3:04:48 PM EDT
[#28]
Turkey as usual...

Link Posted: 11/24/2014 3:12:59 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Long way to travel for a meal, but if you get here I'll tell the wife to set one more place. Might be at the kid's table, though, OK?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yum!  Can I come over??  

I'm totally cool at the kids table.  I'll try not to teach any bad habits

Link Posted: 11/24/2014 3:13:36 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 3:16:27 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
pizza soup.

I'll be camping at Big Bend,
View Quote

I am inspired x 2.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 3:18:27 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Turkey hot pocket

Cheetos

Mt. Dew

Im by myself again

View Quote

Link Posted: 11/24/2014 3:25:00 PM EDT
[#33]
I learned to make my grandma's TG dinner when she was still here.

I make the same thing every year.

Turkey
Cornbread/biscuit sage dressing
Dumplings/gravy

Everything else is secondary to the above.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 3:26:47 PM EDT
[#34]
Smoked prime rib (fuck this shit is expensive this year)
Onion and mushroom gravy
Home made smashed 'taters
Broccoli with bacon and cheese sauce
Home made dinner rolls
Pumpkin pie
Cherry pie
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 3:27:33 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Turkey as usual...

<a href="http://s138.photobucket.com/user/Texan6326/media/2014-11/C0F18159-B898-419F-84D0-88CE8937509C_zpsnybauhmc.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q262/Texan6326/2014-11/C0F18159-B898-419F-84D0-88CE8937509C_zpsnybauhmc.jpg</a>
View Quote

That's a big chicken!
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 3:35:34 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Smoked prime rib (fuck this shit is expensive this year)

Onion and mushroom gravy

Home made smashed 'taters

Broccoli with bacon and cheese sauce

Home made dinner rolls

Pumpkin pie

Cherry pie

View Quote
I prefer prime rib too but the kids both got free turkeys that need to be cooked.

Ridgerunner9876 I would love your Grandma's stuffing recipe.  I'm not a big stuffing fan.  It smells great but I just have never found one that I like.  

Link Posted: 11/24/2014 4:03:18 PM EDT
[#37]
70 lb whole hog smoked all day.
Fried turkey
Dressing
Spuds
Green beans
Mac and cheese (home made)
A salad
Bacon jam (you heard me, spreadable bacon)
Red velvet cake
Pecan pie
Chocolate icebox cake
Sweet potato pie
Ice cream
Homemade pimento cheese
Baked beans
BEER
BOURBON. LOTS OF BOURBON

That the essentials off the top of my head.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 4:04:17 PM EDT
[#38]
You have it all right, but lose the sprouts.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top