BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 2:46:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
First Thanksgiving since my divorce...not sure how I feel about it yet.  I will be working anyway, so fuck it.
View Quote

That's it!  That's the attitude

Link Posted: 11/25/2014 2:50:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Happy Thanksgiving anyway!

Link Posted: 11/25/2014 2:56:13 AM EDT
[#3]
I have to work Thanksgiving day.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 3:01:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

You're kind of far...plus, didn't you celebrate Thanksgiving last month?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
We will have 2 extra chairs here, always do for Thanksgiving.

You're kind of far...plus, didn't you celebrate Thanksgiving last month?

Yes we did.
There is no way I will stand in the way of my American wife and her Thanksgiving.

I enjoy it more than Canadian Thanksgiving actually, it kicks off the Christmas season for us and the house starts to transform with all the decorations and whatnot.

We go to the local pub we frequent and have a few of our single friends come over every year.
Raises spirits for everybody.

Link Posted: 11/25/2014 3:16:25 AM EDT
[#5]
We're cooking 180 turkeys in the deep fryers for Wednesday. 300 pounds sweet potatoes mac and cheese, stuffing, the works. They go to the disabled vets and the rescue mission. I think I'll just take Thursday off and get buzzed. Then nap on the couch. Come on by if you want old buddy. We'll watch the Blues Brothers and drink expensive liquor with cheap beer.        

Link Posted: 11/25/2014 9:23:43 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Pics?

Of dawgs?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Likely just me and the dog. Probably have a ribeye. I wait till after Thanksgiving, and buy a turkey on the cheap, do up the whole meal, and it it for a week.

The day after is my birthday. Thanksgiving is an ex gfs birthday, we used to always get together for "Our" birthday, up until 5 yrs ago or so.

Wouldn't you know, last year she shows up on my birthday, and I'm a sloppy drunken mess.

She was adamant that she wasn't there for any rekindling, but I think if I had my wits about me, It would have been different. It's likely I'll tone it down this year. Just in case.....

This is "the one that got away". The only ex I want back.

Ribeye, 2 dogs & bottle of 75th anniversary Crown for holiday this year.

Pics?

Of dawgs?

Long haired pup is Chewbacca a/k/a Chewy the other boy is Chili Pepper a/k/a Pepe.

Thanksgiving spirits, picked up a few weeks ago in No. Conway, NH.

Your turn, pic of dawg.

Link Posted: 11/25/2014 9:24:30 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

First Thanksgiving since my divorce...not sure how I feel about it yet.  I will be working anyway, so fuck it.
View Quote
2nd year here, hang in there Fury.

Link Posted: 11/25/2014 9:26:08 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Count me in with the "aloners" as well. I'm working 14 hours away from where I call home and have only Thanksgiving day off. To top it off 5 weeks ago I lost the love of my life in a car accident. So the holidays will be tough for me. I can't wait till they are over. Next year has to be better than this one for sure.
View Quote
Ugh, positive thoughts & prayers, so SORRY for your loss.

Link Posted: 11/26/2014 5:19:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Long haired pup is Chewbacca a/k/a Chewy the other boy is Chili Pepper a/k/a Pepe. http://e.vampirefreaks.com/emotes/heart.gif
http://i410.photobucket.com/albums/pp184/stacy2823/Dog%20pics/48dae8c5-1a68-445a-9ad8-152285ba0f7c_zps28fd42b0.jpg

http://i410.photobucket.com/albums/pp184/stacy2823/2e853b8c-3662-4e2a-a48b-9632d364b33a_zpsf04e3ae9.jpg

Your turn, pic of dawg.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Likely just me and the dog. Probably have a ribeye. I wait till after Thanksgiving, and buy a turkey on the cheap, do up the whole meal, and it it for a week.
The day after is my birthday. Thanksgiving is an ex gfs birthday, we used to always get together for "Our" birthday, up until 5 yrs ago or so.
  Wouldn't you know, last year she shows up on my birthday, and I'm a sloppy drunken mess.
She was adamant that she wasn't there for any rekindling, but I think if I had my wits about me, It would have been different. It's likely I'll tone it down this year. Just in case.....
  This is "the one that got away". The only ex I want back.
Ribeye, 2 dogs & bottle of 75th anniversary Crown for holiday this year.

Pics?

Of dawgs?
Long haired pup is Chewbacca a/k/a Chewy the other boy is Chili Pepper a/k/a Pepe. http://e.vampirefreaks.com/emotes/heart.gif
http://i410.photobucket.com/albums/pp184/stacy2823/Dog%20pics/48dae8c5-1a68-445a-9ad8-152285ba0f7c_zps28fd42b0.jpg

http://i410.photobucket.com/albums/pp184/stacy2823/2e853b8c-3662-4e2a-a48b-9632d364b33a_zpsf04e3ae9.jpg

Your turn, pic of dawg.

That's cute. You named a dog after the first lady.

You've already seen my dawg.

Here she is helping me troll Taylor Swifts security guards up at the mansion. Actually we were fishing and swimming,drinking and making a lot of noise. Those guys hate that.

eta forgot to add pic.

" />
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 5:22:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Count me in with the "aloners" as well. I'm working 14 hours away from where I call home and have only Thanksgiving day off. To top it off 5 weeks ago I lost the love of my life in a car accident. So the holidays will be tough for me. I can't wait till they are over. Next year has to be better than this one for sure.
View Quote

Where in NY are you?

Sorry for your loss.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 4:10:00 AM EDT
[#11]
So glad I found another 2000 rds of .22, I'll be ringing the steel gong all day tomorrow.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 4:30:27 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Does triptofan count as roofies?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No wife, no GF, but I did invite a lady friend over.The two of us will share a 20# traditional  turkey dinner....

Does triptofan count as roofies?

bill cosby is that you???

eta: damn it!!! beat to it!!!
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 3:50:26 PM EDT
[#13]
I am with another arfcomer and other people I do not know
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 3:56:53 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm here with the cats

Yay

In other news I just ate so much pork steak I now have the meat sweats
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 4:04:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
No wife, no GF, but I did invite a lady friend over.The two of us will share a 20# traditional  turkey dinner....
View Quote

Will she be offended if you have to unbutton the pants part way through dinner?  That is traditional.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 4:05:50 PM EDT
[#16]
home alone here...was going to fix a smaller dinner, than the power went out.  

ended up going to a diner and eating alone....
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 4:08:28 PM EDT
[#17]
My wife works tonight so it's just me, 2 Great Danes, a Mini Schnauzer and 1 grumpy ass cat.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 4:12:59 PM EDT
[#18]
hanging out with my Doberman pincher:
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 4:26:35 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
My wife works tonight so it's just me, 2 Great Danes, a Mini Schnauzer and 1 grumpy ass cat.
View Quote

My Great Dane hates cats soooo much, he  would take care of your grumpy ass problem for you
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 4:32:03 PM EDT
[#20]

Just me and mittens.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 4:38:35 PM EDT
[#21]
Working 0600 to 1800, so I'm not alone, alone.  Nearest family is 400 miles away.  Mrs. Diddy done R-U-N-N-O-F-T last week.  Wouldn't mind getting hammered but I've got to be back tomorrow at 0600.  Pretty much sucks.  
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 4:41:43 PM EDT
[#22]
Offshore G.O.M. been here 30+ days, Called wife shes with the kids having a good time. Time to buy a gun part! Happy thanksgiving.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 4:48:33 PM EDT
[#23]
All alone and happy, posting in my underwear.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 4:50:55 PM EDT
[#24]
Turned out my range was open this morning,  so I went shooting. Stopped by Walmart on the way home for 600 rounds of ammo and some Christmas gifts.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 5:04:34 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
This will be the 5th Thanksgiving in a row with no family, no GF, and no money.
Thanksgiving  dinner will either be a hamburger patty or a pack Ramen. I might even splurge and make both.
View Quote

Long out and log back in...

Happy Thanksgiving...
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 5:27:31 PM EDT
[#26]
Just me and the kids here and all is well...................  GF?  Aint nobody gots time fo dat.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 5:31:06 PM EDT
[#27]
On the road for work,  sitting in the hotel restaurant about to order a burger.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 7:39:46 PM EDT
[#28]
I returned home from work at 0900 and went to bed. I'll have a frozen turkey meal in a bit, then head back in.

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 7:47:56 PM EDT
[#29]
I had a few too many beers last night. Not looking and feeling my best. Not hungry, but I'm starting. Taters are baking, bacon is frying.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 7:57:45 PM EDT
[#30]
Working 32 hours of over time over next 4 days.

Probably doing same during christmas/new years time frame as well.

32hrs over time will mean extra tools for new garage or extra car parts.   Of if I bank for cto it is roughly 48 hours I can use for taking time off for a "holiday" during non-holiday season.   Meaning no traffic, no crowds, no pain in the ass experiences that make the time off entirely less stressful than the usual "holiday."

When your parents are retired and every day is a holiday, taking time to go see them during a holiday doesnt make much sense.

/edit

This is probably the 5tb straight year, likely the 12th out of past 15 years, I have deliberately spent thanks giving alone.

Christmas is hit or miss.   Probably every other year or 1/2 one 1/2 the other on deliberately spending it alone.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 1:51:34 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Where in NY are you?

Sorry for your loss.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where in NY are you?

Sorry for your loss.

Thanks, Im from western NY but i'm in Illinois working now.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top