Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 9:11:41 PM EDT
[#1]
I guess it would depend on which Americans do the colonizing. Do Mexico, Peru, Canada etc all have the same Bill Of Rights

as The United States Of America?

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 9:13:04 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm gonna say yes, given that the territories are treated like the states.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 9:15:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The Constitution doesn't grant us anything.

The Constitution restricts the Government from infringing on certain pre-existing Rights.

View Quote

Seems like the restrictions (on the government) are not working...
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 9:16:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I was discussing the movie "Interstellar" with a co-worker, who is also a gun guy, and the subject of whether or not the 2nd Amendment will apply on new worlds colonized by Americans came up.  My co-worker believes the statists/Liberals will lock down everything and not allow anyone but Police and Military to be armed.  Personally, I could not think of a reason the U.S. Constitution would only apply on earth.  I sincerely hope we would still enjoy the RKBA if the USA ever colonized other planets.

What says the hive?  Will colonized planets be gun free zones except for military and police?  How can this be avoided?
View Quote

good lord man. We are endowed by our creator with these rights. A piece of vellum does not grand shit. They only wrote it down.  burn the damned thing you still have them.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 9:16:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I guess it would depend on which Americans do the colonizing. Do Mexico, Peru, Canada etc all have the same Bill Of Rights

as The United States Of America?

View Quote

In this discussion it's the U.S.A.!
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 9:27:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Mars tea party
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 9:37:54 PM EDT
[#7]
The thought has occurred to me that humans will leave this planet to colonize another because they fucking hate it here. They will probably have to have a war eventually with the old planet to decide who is in charge of the new one.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 9:43:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I was discussing the movie "Interstellar" with a co-worker, who is also a gun guy, and the subject of whether or not the 2nd Amendment will apply on new worlds colonized by Americans came up.  My co-worker believes the statists/Liberals will lock down everything and not allow anyone but Police and Military to be armed.  Personally, I could not think of a reason the U.S. Constitution would only apply on earth.  I sincerely hope we would still enjoy the RKBA if the USA ever colonized other planets.

What says the hive?  Will colonized planets be gun free zones except for military and police?  How can this be avoided?
View Quote

I'd say look at what rights our current territories have for an idea of how it might be

and yes, pretty floral bonnets
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 9:44:33 PM EDT
[#9]
I would settle for it still being applied here and now.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 9:51:27 PM EDT
[#10]
I wouldnt colonize shit without a decent rifle. Who can predict when the next siege worm will show up next to the colony generator and need killing?
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 9:52:47 PM EDT
[#11]
It barely applies to this one anymore.  
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 10:07:11 PM EDT
[#12]
New planets? This is Amerikwa.

Ain't nobody got time fo' dat.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 11:23:37 PM EDT
[#13]
For OP, there is an international space treaty that says that countries can't claim worlds.  So assuming that is still in place, the answer is technically, no - the US Constitution would not apply.

However, international law would apply.  Also, US law would apply to any installations built by the US (or flagged by the US), or vessels landed by the US (or flagged by the US).

There's a fun discussion of this in the Martian - the book about an American astronaut stranded on Mars.  The protagonist treks across the planet to an ascent ship but because he is out of touch with Earth he technically does not have permission to take it.  And since it is a US vessel in international "waters", that makes him a pirate.  A Space Pirate!

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 11:34:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
If you think we will ever colonize other planets. you're nuts.

The FSA will never allow us to afford a space program capable of that ever again.
View Quote

We will, and the FSA will have to learn you sink or swim and if they riot show no quarter.

The idea that the scum, the lazy, the collectivist will be the anchor that bids free men to this planet to die is sad and pathetic.

If they want to say here and die fine, but I will be God Damned if they will keep us here with them.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 12:09:01 AM EDT
[#15]
The US Constitution doesn't even apply in the USA.

And the USA will not exist long enough to see permanent human habitation on other planets.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 9:57:07 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

good lord man. We are endowed by our creator with these rights. A piece of vellum does not grand shit. They only wrote it down.  burn the damned thing you still have them.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You have only the rights you can keep.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 10:07:02 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quote for truth!
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 10:24:23 AM EDT
[#18]
Depends on whether the Chinese or Russians want to adopt it.  We'll likely be riding their hardware.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 10:27:42 AM EDT
[#19]
The government will make sure that it does not.  They hate having to follow rules themselves.  Of course, this is assuming that the USA is around long enough to colonize other planets, which I doubt it will.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 10:28:29 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

We will, and the FSA will have to learn you sink or swim and if they riot show no quarter.

The idea that the scum, the lazy, the collectivist will be the anchor that bids free men to this planet to die is sad and pathetic.

If they want to say here and die fine, but I will be God Damned if they will keep us here with them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The FSA will never allow us to afford a space program capable of that ever again.

Holding the productive down is the #1 joy of Progressives.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 10:56:22 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We are not getting off this rock, we heading to another dark ages, we will run out of money, the FSA will destroy what is left out of self entitlement, including the genocide of the White man as they will be blamed for all the bad in the world. This complete social deterioration will open the door wide for Islam as the ignorant masses see it as their only hope. Eventually we will have a world controlled by a caliphate, this caliphate will go on for thousands of years and the world will never know a moment of peace.

All that we have learned, all our technological advancements, our histories will all be forgotten, or taboo to ever mention as it will be a danger to the caliphate, individual thinking and totalitarianism do to not mix.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top