Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 9:10:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

After a few get run over for being stupid one would think the cyclists would figure it out.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Cyclists around here believe that they should be able to roll through a red light, or stop sign.  Only thing I can think of is that they believe it's clear enough for them to make it, and they don't want to lose momentum.

Victimless crime.

I nearly killed a guy who did that.

Same.
And the local dangerous bike route issues won't get addressed until some turd gets smoked.
The only problem is that the county will just make it a four way stop, and the idiot cyclists will continue to be turds to everyone who actually lives out here.

After a few get run over for being stupid one would think the cyclists would figure it out.

Not really, they just put out another ghost bike and raise hell at the city meetings.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 9:13:27 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Then they should fix whatever their spandex ass broke on the vehicle. I think we already have a means for pursuing civil restitution, so it looks like this is pretty well covered.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Cyclists around here believe that they should be able to roll through a red light, or stop sign.  Only thing I can think of is that they believe it's clear enough for them to make it, and they don't want to lose momentum.

Victimless crime.

Till they get hit for being idiots.

Then they should fix whatever their spandex ass broke on the vehicle. I think we already have a means for pursuing civil restitution, so it looks like this is pretty well covered.

how you you fix a cultural disconnect with physics?

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 9:19:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Victimless crime.

Till they get hit for being idiots.

With a Ford?
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 9:19:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I don't mean to complain or count any of the encounters I listed as an evil; in fact it is just the right amount of danger for my taste, and it is just dangerous enough to be interesting. But you're right, the main danger is someone driving up behind and smashing into you; I knew three men who died just this way on their bicycles. I have a blinky red light so the driver will know that I am there before he kills me.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lucky.

Not trying to be a dick.   But that is precisely the reason I got off of 2 wheels.     Felt like the bunny rabbit in a field of coyotes, mountain lions, and other predators.

-snip-

Accidents on bikes truly are not a matter of 'if" in my opinion but "when."

I don't mean to complain or count any of the encounters I listed as an evil; in fact it is just the right amount of danger for my taste, and it is just dangerous enough to be interesting. But you're right, the main danger is someone driving up behind and smashing into you; I knew three men who died just this way on their bicycles. I have a blinky red light so the driver will know that I am there before he kills me.

I get it.

Personally I believe life starts at 100mph but finding a spot to do that safely/legally is expensive.

I have an adrenaline junkie side to me.   It is that realization that got me off two wheels.

Snow boarding for example?   I learned in my late teens and dound my favorite thing was going down the hill as fast as damn possible.   Reminded me of days bombing hills on mountain bike.

Then I started wadding up on the snow board.   That was a controlled and somewhat "soft" realm.   It dawned on me that my lust for speed was greater than my talent.    I applied that new found wisdom to things with 2 wheels and decided I dont belong on them, motor or not.

Bikes.   Not everyone should be on one.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 9:21:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I have 3 categories for them, personally. "Cyclists" as you call them are lifestylers who disrupt city meeting with their demands for pet projects, like bridges over interstates, wear jerseys, and crowd traffic.

The second group are the stupid college kids in the student ghetto going bar-hopping on their fixies, usually at night on busy streets.

The third group are DUI convictions.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What is the difference?   Spandex?

A cyclist is an artist on two wheels. He knows what he's doing. As opposed to people who just fumble along trying to stay upright. Also if you're fat you can't be a cyclist. Or if you're riding a BMX bike on the road.

Oooohhhh    elitist cyclists!1!1  

Tier one peddle operator!  

The news media calls anyone bumbling along on two wheels a "cyclist". So Mark Cavendish and some punk who just took the training wheels off and blundered into traffic = both cyclists. Bullshit. There should be a distinction.

I have 3 categories for them, personally. "Cyclists" as you call them are lifestylers who disrupt city meeting with their demands for pet projects, like bridges over interstates, wear jerseys, and crowd traffic.

The second group are the stupid college kids in the student ghetto going bar-hopping on their fixies, usually at night on busy streets.

The third group are DUI convictions.

3rd group.

White trash on a flat black bike, no brakes, no reflectors, and usually a "bmx".

They ca them "tweeker taxis" for a reason.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 9:45:11 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

View Quote

Beatings in the classroom. The discipline of a school should be military.

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 9:51:24 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
With a Ford?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

With a Ford?

ZING!

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 9:52:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
They cause more accidents than car drivers, and too many of them don't understand the Lug Nut Rule.

View Quote

You're kidding.. That has to be the stupidest thing I have ever read.
But feel free to post facts
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 10:01:03 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I guess I don't understand how that will fix the entitlement mentality of bicyclists.

Unless you mean it "straightens them out".

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 10:10:14 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I guess I don't understand how that will fix the entitlement mentality of bicyclists.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Show me on the doll where the bad bicyclist touched you.

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 11:12:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Yes, yes we do.
People who live in 5000lb cages not so much.
When all that is between you and the road is a thin piece of lycra you had better know what you are doing.
View Quote

Having the knowledge and applying it correctly are two different things.  Every time I have come too damn close to hitting a bicyclist, he has broken at least one traffic law, while I have been following the law.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 11:17:52 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

http://www.avsforum.com/content/type/61/id/396093/width/500/height/700/flags/LL

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

http://www.avsforum.com/content/type/61/id/396093/width/500/height/700/flags/LL

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 11:18:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I've been in five minor accidents with vehicles while on my bicycle and all five were the vehicle's driver's fault.

2 where vehicles going my direction passed me on the left, hit their brakes, and made a right turn in my path.
1 where a vehicle pulled onto the shoulder, then as I approached performed a U turn across the road with no signal.
1 where a truck passed me off the roadway and hit an overhanging tree branch, showering me with smaller branches.
1 where a truck ignored my presence on a roundabout. I did hit him broadside with my body but stayed upright.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Perhaps your personal experience is different.  How many automobile accidents have you been involved in?  How many of those were caused by an automoblie driver (you or the other driver)?  How many were caused by a cyclist?

I've been in five minor accidents with vehicles while on my bicycle and all five were the vehicle's driver's fault.

2 where vehicles going my direction passed me on the left, hit their brakes, and made a right turn in my path.
1 where a vehicle pulled onto the shoulder, then as I approached performed a U turn across the road with no signal.
1 where a truck passed me off the roadway and hit an overhanging tree branch, showering me with smaller branches.
1 where a truck ignored my presence on a roundabout. I did hit him broadside with my body but stayed upright.

You'd think you would have caught on by now.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 11:35:34 PM EDT
[#14]
I ride a bicycle on the road AND I cannot imagine that anyone on this board gets as angry at idiot bike riders doing stupid shit as I do.  Why riding a bicycle attracts such utter retards who disrespect the law and common courtesy is beyond me.  I want to run most of those assholes over with my truck.

Whether or no they have more knowledge of traffic laws is irrelevant.  The majority of them (at least in my area) ride like they own the road and think traffic laws are not something they need to follow.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 11:43:45 PM EDT
[#15]
I almost forgot gun enthusiasts hate cyclists, this shit is hilarious!  

Wait, did I generalize enough?
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 11:46:02 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

I ride a bicycle on the road AND I cannot imagine that anyone on this board gets as angry at idiot bike riders doing stupid shit as I do.  Why riding a bicycle attracts such utter retards who disrespect the law and common courtesy is beyond me.  I want to run most of those assholes over with my truck.

Whether or no they have more knowledge of traffic laws is irrelevant.  The majority of them (at least in my area) ride like they own the road and think traffic laws are not something they need to follow.
View Quote
Pretty much the same boat here.

I can't get why so many people think that riding the back roads of the PNW is a good idea...

There's a TON of roads with speed limits that range from 35-50 with tons of blind corners and no shoulder... and BAM surprise!  Slow ass cyclists.  

Wish they would get ticketed for impeding traffic.

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 11:48:36 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

View Quote

You should put the Lays down and get off your recliner now and then. Road cycling is one of the few things you can do on the roadway where no one is telling you what to do - you are free to go where you please as fast as you please (or can manage).

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 11:57:05 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
You should put the Lays down and get off your recliner now and then. Road cycling is one of the few things you can do on the roadway where no one is telling you what to do - you are free to go where you please as fast as you please (or can manage).

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

See, there it is.  
The I don't have to follow the rules mentality.
Eery state has state and local laws regarding bikes.   There very much so are people telling you what to do.

ETA- As pointed out by lumpy...  you've got hit 5 times by cars... are you really as hot of shit as you think you are?

Link Posted: 11/24/2014 12:10:45 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You know absolutely nothing about me.  I know by your own admission you've been hit by cars FIVE times engaging in a sport/hobby/lifestyle choice.

I'm fit and free without being a jackass on a kids toy playing in the road.

Link Posted: 11/24/2014 12:16:13 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

You know absolutely nothing about me.  I know by your own admission you've been hit by cars FIVE times engaging in a sport/hobby/lifestyle choice.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 11/24/2014 12:19:22 AM EDT
[#21]
Perhaps they do have more knowledge, now if only they would put it to daily use.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 12:20:21 AM EDT
[#22]
How many motorists have been killed by cyclist?  Being right doesn't keep you from getting killed and I have seen plenty of bicyclist who were in the right trying to force the issue with a 1.5 ton vehicle.  Sucks but that's reality.  Stopped riding when I got hit head on by a car that turned the wrong way down a street in DC.

#because physics
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 12:20:22 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm so happy right now.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 12:22:39 AM EDT
[#24]
So then why don't they use this knowledge?  Around here they ride 5 wide and blow any traffic signaling that dares to boss them around.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 12:27:25 AM EDT
[#25]

At least they are smart enough to stay out of the left lane.

Or would that be the right lane in the UK?

Link Posted: 11/24/2014 12:30:06 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 11/24/2014 12:31:59 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

See, there it is.  
Eery state has state and local laws regarding bikes.   There very much so are people telling you what to do.
ETA- As pointed out by lumpy...  you've got hit 5 times by cars... are you really as hot of shit as you think you are?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

See, there it is.  

Because you love following arbitrary rules set by others? ha!

btw, I've never been hit by a car.

Link Posted: 11/24/2014 12:35:22 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Lumpy, poor dear, you know nothing.

Link Posted: 11/24/2014 12:36:23 AM EDT
[#29]
while still being dicks and not understanding that technical observance of the law does not mitigate the laws of physics
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 12:41:43 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

The rules are for those of you who have need of them.  Those of us who operate on a higher plain have no need and are therefore exempt.

Next time you see a cyclist "run a light", do not judge... but stand in awe of a higher life form.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 12:45:03 AM EDT
[#31]
Fuck the majority of cyclists and drivers.

/thread
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 12:53:43 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

snip

Ahh, yea those pesky public safety laws that come about from communal use of things like roads.  

Your stance of being part of the problem vs a soloution is becoming clearer.  

How often do you break traffic laws on your bike?

Link Posted: 11/24/2014 12:59:48 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
The rules are for those of you who have need of them.  Those of us who operate on a higher plain have no need and are therefore exempt.

Next time you see a cyclist "run a light", do not judge... but stand in awe of a higher life form.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 11/24/2014 1:02:47 AM EDT
[#34]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i926.photobucket.com/albums/ad104/tuffguy1979/0gNvwh.jpg

Oh, good.  I was beginning to think that you were like the rest of the stunted humans you associate with.  

Understanding is the first step towards changed behavior.  Changed behavior is the first step towards not being an asshole on internet forums.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 1:07:27 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Oh, good.  I was beginning to think that you were like the rest of the stunted humans you associate with.  

Understanding is the first step towards changed behavior.  Changed behavior is the first step towards not being an asshole on internet forums.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I road bike quite a bit, on my vintage bike no less.

The big trick is I'm not a screaming idiot looking to get either A mangled or 2 run the fuck over so I stay on the actual little roads they make TO bike on in the area, which actually goes through better scenery.  

The one thing that confuses me though...  if my lard ass can ride at 16-18 mph all day long on a 30 year old bike...  why do people feel the need to spend thousands on bikes and gear to go 10mph on public roads?

Link Posted: 11/24/2014 1:14:15 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
The big trick is I'm not a screaming idiot looking to get either A mangled or 2 run the fuck over so I stay on the actual little roads they make TO bike on in the area, which actually goes through better scenery.  

The one thing that confuses me though...  if my lard ass can ride at 16-18 mph all day long on a 30 year old bike...  why do people feel the need to spend thousands on bikes and gear to go 10mph on public roads?

View Quote

Haha!   The funny thing is I ride a full-suspension MTB.  My wife and I will occasionally ride the road....  we  average about the same pace you mentioned.  Roadies do tend to baffle me with the expensive bikes and lycra and all and for the most part... their embarrassing lack of fitness.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 1:29:23 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Haha!   The funny thing is I ride a full-suspension MTB.  My wife and I will occasionally ride the road....  we  average about the same pace you mentioned.  Roadies do tend to baffle me with the expensive bikes and lycra and all and for the most part... their embarrassing lack of fitness.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

LOL yea I do a lot of MTB cross country and trying to get back into downhill...

It's awesome because... NO CARS!    It's like all the scenery that road bicyclists try to find out in the country.... without impeding traffic!
The longer I road bike, the more it seems that the core militant cyclists are just rich ass people who want to flaunt off their gear (country)... or retarded ass hippies that think that cars are the debbil and that bikes are the answer (city).  

Meanwhile MTB's are having a blast, drinking beer and enjoying the piss out of some nature!

Link Posted: 11/24/2014 1:31:27 AM EDT
[#38]
Fuck cyclists and the spandex they rode in wearing.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 1:35:42 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
They cause more accidents than car drivers, and too many of them don't understand the Lug Nut Rule.

View Quote

Either they fail to comprehend the Lug Nut Rule or they foolishly disregard it when donning their special spandex panties and venturing out onto the roadways.

Link Posted: 11/24/2014 1:46:45 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think I love you

Link Posted: 11/24/2014 1:52:09 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Fuck the majority of cyclists and drivers.

/thread
View Quote

I support this.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 11:51:07 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not to derail the hilarity of this thread, but:

Do they make courses on the ski slopes out west for mountain bikes in the summer? I rode the Olympic downhill ski slopes one summer at Lake Placid and have never had more fun in my life! If you haven't done it, you should look into it.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 12:19:34 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Lucky.

Not trying to be a dick. But that is precisely the reason I got off of 2 wheels. Felt like the bunny rabbit in a field of coyotes, mountain lions, and other predators.

-snip-

Accidents on bikes truly are not a matter of 'if" in my opinion but "when."

That blinky red light should look interesting as it goes up and over the windshield.

Nick
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 12:28:25 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Just because they know the rules doesn't mean they follow them.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/24/2014 12:34:51 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

That blinky red light should look interesting as it goes up and over the windshield.

Nick
View Quote

Depending on the speed differential and how the light is compressed between the car and my frame, it could be launched with such energy that it would never be found. Then they would say I was hit because I wasn't visible.

Link Posted: 11/24/2014 12:38:34 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

It's awesome because... NO CARS!    It's like all the scenery that road bicyclists try to find out in the country.... without impeding traffic!

The longer I road bike, the more it seems that the core militant cyclists are just rich ass people who want to flaunt off their gear (country)... or retarded ass hippies that think that cars are the debbil and that bikes are the answer (city).  

Meanwhile MTB's are having a blast, drinking beer and enjoying the piss out of some nature!

View Quote

Yeah, well, in Texas there isn't much public land for things like that. I have to drive an hour if I want to ride some trails, and they'd be unsightly limestone ones.

Link Posted: 11/24/2014 12:45:00 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:Ahh, yea those pesky public safety laws that come about from communal use of things like roads.  

Your stance of being part of the problem vs a soloution is becoming clearer.  

How often do you break traffic laws on your bike?

View Quote

You are clumsily attempting to re-characterize my love for the freedom of cycling as a rebellion against authority. Bullshit.

Link Posted: 11/24/2014 12:47:54 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

View Quote
Can you provide a source for that statistic?

ETA::You mean they are more likely to be at fault than accidents between drivers and cyclists.

I thought you were saying they cause more accidents than cars in general, which would be a horribly inaccurate statement.

Link Posted: 11/24/2014 1:51:56 PM EDT
[#49]

Man arfcom sure hates fit people. I think most of the hate comes from the fat bastards who couldn't get on a bicycle if their life depended on it.

Move more, eat less, and in no time you will be able to ride a bicycle too.

Link Posted: 11/24/2014 2:16:38 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Man arfcom sure hates fit people. I think most of the hate comes from the fat bastards who couldn't get on a bicycle if their life depended on it.

Move more, eat less, and in no time you will be able to ride a bicycle too.

View Quote

"Fit" people blocking the road = human planetoids in scooters at the grocery store.

I couldn't give a crap about how you choose to live your life, just get the hell out of the way of mine.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top