Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 1:30:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Achilles Tendons, Back, Shoulders, Neck. Im 26
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 1:58:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

But it's Florida, so sex with a family member or teacher is on the day's agenda though, right?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sitting here in shorts, looking out my open door and across the bay.  

It's sunny, breezy and 75.

You were saying?  

But it's Florida, so sex with a family member or teacher is on the day's agenda though, right?

Or S/M sex with a family member who happens to be in education right?
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 2:02:34 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm 43 do you want the full list?

I'm a basket case. All those old injuries you thought were healed?

Nope they come back.

Right knee cartilage gone and herniated disk in neck causing most problems.

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 2:04:30 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Nope they come back.

View Quote

Pay attention to this young guys.

They give you a trip down memory lane starting at about age 37 or so.

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 4:52:16 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm 54, it is easier to list what does not hurt or work right.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 5:36:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Ha.....thanks guys. I don't feel so bad anymore.

Vitamin D seems to have cured my achey knees and shoulders.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 5:41:42 PM EDT
[#7]
43 years old. Lower back kills me... get the fuck off my lawn.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 5:53:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Achilles Tendons, Back, Shoulders, Neck. Im 26
View Quote

Being a grunt was rough back in the '80s. I can't even fathom the amount of shit you younger guys had to hump.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 6:01:36 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm in my mid 30s.

Carpal tunnel? or something similar has become a big problem as I try to clear the feet of snow from my driveway.
Snowblower vibration, the quick shove/scoop needed to shovel snow, spudding ice from the walk when the temp is too low for salt.

Waking up with hands that are half numb and half tingly sucks.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 6:07:29 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm doing pretty well, not many weather-related hurts.

My right wrist is still kinda sore after jamming it the other day, however.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 6:08:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope they come back.

Yep. I havnt made too many stakes in my life but if I were to go back in time the one thing I would do is look after myself better.

I thought I was invincable. I was wrong :(  
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 6:10:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Hearing loss sucks.  Sounds don't necessarily get softer.  Speech becomes more difficult to understand,  and annoying sounds like the guy with the effeminate falsetto laugh at the other end of the bar become almost unbearable.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 6:18:22 PM EDT
[#13]
I do have several aches and assorted pains, but the most embarrassing is my eyesight. I have to wear reading glasses now
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 6:30:57 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm only 31 going on 32 in February, Most day's really suck and since hitting my thirties I notice it much more.

I have a couple bulged discs in my low back, also degenerative disc disease, both knees are shot with little cartilage left in either. left hip gives me grief all the time and to top it off

my hands go numb all the damn time. I notice it more this time of year but even in the summer I feel it, so yeah fuck the cold and all that. And don't get me started on the college kids next door keeping my family awake!
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 6:33:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I do have several aches and assorted pains, but the most embarrassing is my eyesight. I have to wear reading glasses now
View Quote

Totally forgot about that, I was always the one with perfect vision, then after I hit 30 boom my eyes started getting shitty as well. Now I have glasses that I hate to wear but need them to see road signs and what not.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 6:40:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Less joint problem since I moved to the high desert in Colorado.  My hair is getting darker too.  It used to be all white.  Dunno why that's happening.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 7:18:52 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Getting old is a bad deal.
View Quote
as far as pain yes

in other ways aging is not an issue
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 7:43:12 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

I'm in my mid 30s.

Carpal tunnel? or something similar has become a big problem as I try to clear the feet of snow from my driveway.

Snowblower vibration, the quick shove/scoop needed to shovel snow, spudding ice from the walk when the temp is too low for salt.

Waking up with hands that are half numb and half tingly sucks.
View Quote
It is worse when you sit on the ground and lose feeling in items like your penis and balls, or half of your rib cage. The numb and tingling isn't that bad, when you have to walk and have no feeling in your legs it can get sort of ugly, the knee will readily bend backwards when the meniscus and other internal shit has been destroyed, once feeling is gone your brain can no longer keep you upright without conscious effort.

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 7:44:08 PM EDT
[#19]
My joints aren't too bad, except for my thumbs. And my neck. And my sacroiliac joints.

What really sucks is my lungs. Pressure changes and weather changes sometimes make it feel like I can't get enough air. That can really hobble me, but it isn't a condition people can see so they don't understand the effects.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 7:44:30 PM EDT
[#20]
It hurts to be me.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 7:51:19 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sitting here in shorts, looking out my open door and across the bay.  

It's sunny, breezy and 75.

You were saying?  

As long as it's someone else's family member I'll allow it.  
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 4:17:07 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 5:36:11 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
It's a good day when everything hurts equally and nothing stands out to complain about.
Some days my neck will crack loud enough for people on the other side of the room to look.
Oddly there is no pain at all with it.
And toilet water is cold on the low hanging fruit.
View Quote

Ain't that the truth.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 5:42:07 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I must have laid wrong last night, my damn left wrist hurts. It's not swollen but it aches to no end. Meh, at near 60 I guess I should expect the odd ache and pain.

Before someone asks, it's not my fapping hand.

View Quote

That is because your fapping hand is strong and wouldn't be sore if you slept on it.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 5:50:29 PM EDT
[#25]
I'm 51 and so far (Fingers crossed!) I'm only dealing with some hearing loss in my left ear (I'm a righty).

Oh,....and my knees hurt once in awhile, I've got a weird "tick" in my left hand now and then and

every 4-5 months or so my back freezes up.  Other than that stuff....I'm doin' great!

Did I mention that my above average eyesight took a colossal shit after my 40th B'day?
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 6:06:47 PM EDT
[#26]
Be 41 next month. All of the old sports injuries, random physical abuse, and general aches and pains really started in the last year or so. I haven't been very kind to my body....would probably do things a bit differently if I had youth to live over again......ah fuck, who am I kidding. I was too stupid to know any better then, nothing to suggest I would be any smarter now.

A little bourbon every now and then (nightly) helps

Link Posted: 11/24/2014 6:10:12 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I got my ex-motocross racer buddy into shooting this year, he's 51.

He puts on his knee braces for shoot-n-move drills during training.

It's like training with forest gump.

Next year it's dynamic training with walkers.  " move/ moving, getting ready to move/ almost moving, don't feel like moving/ just lay here and shot, fuck it/ shooting "
View Quote

Could you put a pintle mount for an M4 onto a walker?  That would be badass.  
As long as you can get multicam tennis balls.  

I broke my arm and hand last year too.  I can definitely feel it when it gets cold.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 6:13:22 PM EDT
[#28]
Where to begin.  Bad knees and ankles from my basketball days.  I also took a finger to the eye and tore my left iris also playing basketball.  Upper back from a ATV spill.  I raced karts until 7 years ago when I flipped and broke my sternum, both clavicles at the tips, and so many rib fractures that it actually shifted my chest over (one side is more flat than the other) and punctured/partially collapsed my lung.  The top of my right arm pops out of socket due to my wreck and my elbow has issues also.  Most recently, Plantar fasciitis in my left foot and fluid in my right knee.  I'm still alive though and have two crazy sons that will probably follow in my footsteps.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 6:26:55 PM EDT
[#29]
Shit just hurts and keeps on breaking.  Just tore the other meniscus and surgery next week.  I will be in my deer stand though, fuck the pain.

Life is good.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 8:13:02 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Be 41 next month. All of the old sports injuries, random physical abuse, and general aches and pains really started in the last year or so. I haven't been very kind to my body....would probably do things a bit differently if I had youth to live over again......ah fuck, who am I kidding. I was too stupid to know any better then, nothing to suggest I would be any smarter now.

A little bourbon every now and then (nightly) helps

View Quote

You're not an alcoholic if you brush you teeth with it.  Good dental hygiene.

Link Posted: 11/24/2014 8:25:41 PM EDT
[#31]
Hearing loss and a scorching case of tinnitus.
Two hernia surgeries an a torn rotator.  Had surgery on one shoulder now the other needs it as well.
Broke my neck many years ago.
Right knee could blow out any minute.  I only take elevators now, no stairs.
Neck cracks so loud you would not believe it.  Have an MRI scheduled this week for that.  C6 and C7 have no space in between them.
It's all I can do to bend over to pick something up off the floor.
Back spasms every morning to the point where putting socks on is a real challenge.
Can't see the front sight of a handgun so I just shoot scoped rifles now days.

Doc told me I have prostate cancer so I underwent 39 radiation treatments.  Happiness now is when I can take a decent shit without bleeding and a piss that doesn't take 5 minutes.

I'll let you guys know when my time is up so you can declare dibs on my gear.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 8:49:41 PM EDT
[#32]
I can't complain too much as i zero in on 50.

It is so true about those injuries coming back to haunt you.  I took a very bad spill skiing 29 years ago, and deeply bruised my hip.  Now after all those years I have sacroiliac joint dysfunction, which is near constant low level pain (1-4).  When it locks up I'm miserable, but I'm also leaning how to manage it and have been pain free for a few weeks, so we'll see.

Tinnitus since I was 37 and too stupid to protect my hearing.  Now to preserve what's left I use hearing protection a lot.  Any power tool, vac, mowing, tractor all call for hearing protection.

Eyes just stopped working for reading at 46.  It was over night.

Until recently I could sit indian style all I wanted, now if I do that I can't straighten my legs without a lot of pain, so we don't do that anymore

I tore a peck muscle last week doing almost nothing and have been in agony ever since.  We'll see about that one.

I still play softball and work on the farm a ton, so all things considered I'm doing fine.  Just wish I protected my hearing when I was younger.  OOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooo  

Link Posted: 11/24/2014 8:54:22 PM EDT
[#33]
42 years old, worked in steeltoes and on concrete my whole adult life.

Let's see:

My hands feel crippled from shooting pains when I try to grab things or tighten wrenches
My back is fucked up-not badly though, I just have to be careful.
My knee us fucked up
I'm having prostate problems-had a man's had up my ass today as a matter of fact.
I've been prescribed FOUR antibiotics in the last two months
My cuboid bone in my foot keeps popping out of place-that hurts like fuck and takes forever to go back in place
I get Plantar Faciitis in both feet as a reminder to get new work boots every year
My vision is getting worse
Got Tinnitus something fierce
My muscles are cramped up something fierce every night when I go to bed

But I'm still full of Piss and Vinegar!
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 9:02:36 PM EDT
[#34]
Top to bottom

Tinnitus
right shoulder impingement
left golfers elbow
rheumatoid arthritis starting in my hands, runs in the family
sciatica, degenerative disc disease
botched inguinal hernia surgery

Get off my lawn
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 9:03:28 PM EDT
[#35]
Well, I tore my meniscus about 6 months ago, had surgery, still bothers me, still limp, about a month ago I had a full thickness tear of my rotator cuff, having surgery next month, hurts almost constantly, sleeping is difficult, I like run on sentences.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 7:17:29 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Hearing loss sucks.  Sounds don't necessarily get softer.  Speech becomes more difficult to understand,  and annoying sounds like the guy with the effeminate falsetto laugh at the other end of the bar become almost unbearable.

View Quote

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee....wear ear protection..eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top