Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/23/2014 10:16:20 AM EDT
Got a new one to add to the tally.

Broke my hand back around 2001 or so.  It's giving me a lot of grief this year, hasn't been an issue this much before.
Come sit on my internet porch and complain and help chase kids off my lawn.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 10:19:31 AM EDT
[#1]
You know your getting old when you bend over to tie your shoes and you go ahead and do something else while your down there.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 10:25:32 AM EDT
[#2]
I had pulled my groin muscle and it took over a year to completely heal. I could feel a slight pain every time I got in my truck. I am only 34.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 10:25:54 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a bum knee but it hasn't really bothered me yet because of the cold, pretty good about taking my meds though.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 10:26:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You know your getting old when you bend over to tie your shoes and you go ahead and do something else while your down there.
View Quote

Fart?
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 10:29:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Knees hurt when its cold out but worse of all is that when I was young I used "Heads and Shoulders" and now I've had to switch to "Back and Ass"
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 10:30:45 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Fart?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Fart?

Spoonful.

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 10:34:54 AM EDT
[#7]
I must have laid wrong last night, my damn left wrist hurts. It's not swollen but it aches to no end. Meh, at near 60 I guess I should expect the odd ache and pain.

Before someone asks, it's not my fapping hand.

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 10:40:19 AM EDT
[#8]
I don't heal as fast as I used to.

Other than that, and the fact that I need a nap every day after lunch, and the way my hair is thinning...oh fuck it.  

I like to do the ol' "any day you wake up is a good day", but the truth is I am trying not to cry because everything hurts so bad.

Should have passed on the nookie last night.  
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 10:42:25 AM EDT
[#9]
My Dad told, "When you hit 40, there's two things you need to know.  Go see the eye doctor and get that out of the way. If you wake up in the morning and something doesn't hurt, you're already dead."
My list: Bum left knee from the Corps, low back from dozens of strains, left shoulder even after rotator cuff repair, sprained left elbow from an over zealous white belt while teaching shoulder throws, a few places that hurt for no known reason.  Dropping temps with a dropping barometer really do a number on me.  3-4 aspirin, 3-4 shots of Scotch and a hot soak helps though.  Sometime, I just keep hitting the Scotch to be on the safe side.  
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 10:43:46 AM EDT
[#10]
Funny, I was thinking of starting this exact same thread the other day....getting old sucks.
My tally...

Back (herniated L4/5 in '08...also the start of arthritis)
Wrist (broke it in '94)
Hand (where little finger joins the hand)
Hip (Femoroacetabular impingement)
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 10:45:29 AM EDT
[#11]
I can't remember the last time I didn't hurt..............
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 10:51:16 AM EDT
[#12]
Knees have been replaced, so they are no longer a problem, but a bad lower back, hands, right shoulder, are still fucked up. That is what a life that included HS football, heavy construction, behavioral special ed will earn you,  Until I get my shower in the morning I tend to move like the Tin Man.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 10:55:44 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 11:03:48 AM EDT
[#14]
How old ya gotta be?

My right shoulder will ache about every other day and has for the past two years, my left knee clicks when I go up stairs, my right ankle will kind of lock into place in my ski boots sometimes, I've had 3 colonoscopies in the last 4.5 years, every cut I get that's larger than a paper cut scars over, when I go in a place I scan for bathrooms the way you operator types scan for possible tangos or whatever you call 'em. Oh, and I may have fractured my hand. But that's more of a "did something stupid" type thing
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 11:23:03 AM EDT
[#15]
I got my ex-motocross racer buddy into shooting this year, he's 51.

He puts on his knee braces for shoot-n-move drills during training.

It's like training with forest gump.

Next year it's dynamic training with walkers.  " move/ moving, getting ready to move/ almost moving, don't feel like moving/ just lay here and shot, fuck it/ shooting "
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 11:25:36 AM EDT
[#16]
Getting old is a bad deal.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 11:26:13 AM EDT
[#17]
Sitting here in shorts, looking out my open door and across the bay.  

It's sunny, breezy and 75.

You were saying?  
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 11:28:02 AM EDT
[#18]
My right knee is close to blowing out. Going to the doc this week to schedule surgery
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 11:30:23 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I can't remember the last time I didn't hurt..............
View Quote

I do!......it was 40 years ago!

My aches and pains are just reminders of some very good times......and a few where death was cheated!
I deserve every pain!
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 11:30:27 AM EDT
[#20]
I have a bad shoulder.  It went from no pain to where is the morphine at work in about 1 hr. 3 weeks ago.   It is finally feeling normal.  As far as knees go I have had both knees replaced.  The right one was weather sensitive for most of my life.  Now it is not sensitive.  The left knee was never weather sensitive.   Now it is.  Go figure.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 11:32:27 AM EDT
[#21]
Prematurely aging due to Neurological  disease.

Get intense cramping in my arms and legs when the meds arent working.   My neck always hurts.   Ive got a fused disc in my back that occasionally  likes to act up. I get cranky,  move slow,  forget things all the time,  and walk with a hunch despite being 30 years old. Id gladly take a seat on your internet porch and talk about old people stuff,  as long as you dont mind having a young whipper snapper around with a foul temper.

I did yell at some neighbor kids I caught throwing beer bottles on my lawn.  I threw them back into the neigbors driveway,  each landing with a satisfying shattering sound.   No Garand involved,  but I had my trusty G20 on my hip.

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 11:34:07 AM EDT
[#22]
I'm probably the youngest at 27 but my knee's hurt most days, my ankles, my hands and my upper back.

I used to wrestle, kickbox/BJJ, played football and basketball and rode BMX in my teen years.  Then I joined the Marines and shit only got worse from there.

Everything also hurts more when it rains and thats why I moved from the NW to Texas.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 11:34:27 AM EDT
[#23]
Hmmm, now that you mention it, I do note an uptick in my Motrin consumption... but I thought it was the  global warming
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 11:34:35 AM EDT
[#24]
Almost 60 here.
I shouldn't have added that extra 10 pounds to the barbel, I think I wrecked something in my shoulder.

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 11:39:06 AM EDT
[#25]
Knuckles on both hands are pretty much useless when the temps get below freezing. Right shoulder was rebuilt in 1989, and might be due for a tweaking. Both knees are missing ACL's and ache like a SOB in the cold. Broke my neck in the early 80's, and that is starting to catch up with me.
I cannot smell worth a damn any more, my eyes are starting to go, and I no longer trust a fart. In fact, I clench my ass any time I have to cough, just to be safe.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 11:40:12 AM EDT
[#26]
Lol, suck it up cupcake!  

20 major broken bones(motorcycle playing) and in my 50's.  It sounds like a do-wop band snapping their fingers every time I stand up.  

Try to stay fit, eat right and smile a lot.

Think of it as an opportunity to build character.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 11:47:16 AM EDT
[#27]
My lower back and knees hurt all the time, and I am only 28.

Of course after 5 years in a coal mine I probably should expect it
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 11:48:15 AM EDT
[#28]
Thanks to EVANS FURNITURE ® of Tulsa and their UNLICENSED (no CDL endorsement) CONVICTED CHILD RAPIST delivery driver that jack-knifed their delivery truck on wet pavement and slammed it into the back of my Crown Vic in March 2000, I can now predict with utmost certainty any pending precipitation in the area at my L4-L5 disc level.

(The fact that their driver was a convicted child rapist had nothing to do with the collision, other than proving they made NO due diligence in their hiring decisions. The fact that their driver was making deliveries in a truck he had no experience driving had a LOT to do with his inability to handle the brakes on wet pavement.)

...almost 15 years later, I'd still like to say FUCK YOU EVAN'S FURNITURE. Glad to see your company went out of business!
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 11:50:11 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

It beats the alternative.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 11:51:37 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I'm probably the youngest at 27 but my knee's hurt most days, my ankles, my hands and my upper back.

I used to wrestle, kickbox/BJJ, played football and basketball and rode BMX in my teen years.  Then I joined the Marines and shit only got worse from there.

Everything also hurts more when it rains and thats why I moved from the NW to Texas.
View Quote

Doesn't get any better, get used to it and more of the same.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 11:52:27 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
If you wake up in the morning and something doesn't hurt, you're already dead."
View Quote

Pain is good. It reminds you that you're still alive.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 11:54:42 AM EDT
[#32]
It's amazing how aches and pains that would have been debilitating 30 years ago are hardly noticed now.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 11:56:26 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 11:56:42 AM EDT
[#34]
I notice if I go hiking, climbing or whatever it stays with me for several days when in my youth you were a little sore the next day and then gone.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 11:58:28 AM EDT
[#35]
Hey I just turned 40 and I have to take Celebrex for my arthritis. Without it I can hardly get around without awful pain.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 11:59:06 AM EDT
[#36]
Must you be old to post? I hurt already and I'm in my 20's still.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 12:00:45 PM EDT
[#37]
Growing old is not for the weak or weak of heart. Only the strong really survive..........

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 12:03:55 PM EDT
[#38]
Somebody turn up the frikkin' thermostat! It's almost 69 degrees in this room.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 12:10:27 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Cold or not, I hurt everyday.
View Quote

+1.  But the cold does make it worse
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 12:12:56 PM EDT
[#40]
Would be shorter to list what doesn't hurt.

Getting old sucks, but it beats the alternative.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 12:13:19 PM EDT
[#41]
I've rolled my ankles a few times.  They're nice and tender occasionally.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 12:15:03 PM EDT
[#42]
My knees really talk to me when a front is coming through.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 12:16:58 PM EDT
[#43]
I had to change the way I lace up my boots.

Bending over is a crap shoot now as to whether I'm going to blow my back out.

Mornings that I'm working , I get the coffee going and walk around the house to get things working.

Back is fucked up and it feels better once I'm up and moving .
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 12:24:09 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Knuckles on both hands are pretty much useless when the temps get below freezing. Right shoulder was rebuilt in 1989, and might be due for a tweaking. Both knees are missing ACL's and ache like a SOB in the cold. Broke my neck in the early 80's, and that is starting to catch up with me.
I cannot smell worth a damn any more, my eyes are starting to go, and I no longer trust a fart. In fact, I clench my ass any time I have to cough, just to be safe.
View Quote

It's funny because it's true.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 12:28:08 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

The dead only know one thing.  It is better to be alive.

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 12:29:10 PM EDT
[#46]
I`m 60. Hurt my back pole vaulting 42 years ago. Lived with it all my life. Rode bulls. Crashed cars. Played football. Crashed plane. Humped 500 lb. bathtubs. Fought IRS,OSHA,ACCOUNTANTS,ATTORNEYS,EPA,CITIES and IDIOTS all my life. Worst of all you ask? Stubbing my gout toe.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 12:36:43 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I got my ex-motocross racer buddy into shooting this year, he's 51.

He puts on his knee braces for shoot-n-move drills during training.

It's like training with forest gump.

Next year it's dynamic training with walkers.  " move/ moving, getting ready to move/ almost moving, don't feel like moving/ just lay here and shot, fuck it/ shooting "
View Quote

That last sentence is pure gold sig line material.

For me - 3 back surgeries - 2 knee surgeries - more broken bones than I can remember - rt hip is bone to bone - I stand up and sound like rocks falling. Can't see - can't hear - dick still works at times but if I use the damn thing I need help getting out of bed the next morning. I start my day - EVERY DAY - with a Lortab and 1/2 muscle relaxer with my coffee. About an hour later I'm good to go. I can still ride my Harley though - for about 20 minutes and my left leg goes numb. Life has been fun tho.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 1:06:06 PM EDT
[#48]
No aches and pains, but I did put the little electric heater in the TV room last night.  Got toasty, and eventually had 1 dag and 2 kittehs on the furniture. Guess they are getting old too.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 1:25:17 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Sitting here in shorts, looking out my open door and across the bay.  

It's sunny, breezy and 75.
You were saying?  
View Quote

But it's Florida, so sex with a family member or teacher is on the day's agenda though, right?

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 1:29:57 PM EDT
[#50]
I made friends with pain long ago. Having said that I love my heating pad and pain meds.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top