BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 7:40:56 AM EDT
[#1]

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 7:45:08 AM EDT
[#2]
If he was a crack dealer with a lengthy criminal record he would get a few months in county.
If he was an otherwise law abiding middle class white guy he woud get 8-10 years in a federal prison and a 6 figure fine.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 8:15:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I vaguely remember that.
Wasn't it a malfunctioning (doubling) Olympic arms AR he was going to sell to someone? It wasn't modified, it was defective if I recall. Makes no difference to them. He got prison time.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
who was the arfcomer that lent out his ar15, then got sold down the river by the guy he lent it to.  BATFE tards pulled out all the stops to get him to.  must have been 5ish years ago.
I vaguely remember that.
Wasn't it a malfunctioning (doubling) Olympic arms AR he was going to sell to someone? It wasn't modified, it was defective if I recall. Makes no difference to them. He got prison time.

He turned down a deal and fought the charges.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 8:19:28 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I find this extremely hard to believe

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

10 years prison.

I find this extremely hard to believe

Would you believe a felony charge, a whole bunch of lawyer bills, and not owning anymore guns (legally)

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 8:19:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
i suggest you delete your thread, OP.
View Quote

lol why?
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 8:24:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Just stick a SIG  brace on it and be done.
View Quote

No shit.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 8:34:26 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I imagine with the ever increasing popularity of the AR platform that there are MANY questionably configurations out there either due to ignorance.

View Quote
Yep.  A lot due to ignorance and some due to just not caring what the law may say because they're only doing it for fun and not criminal intent.  I knew a guy who casually told me that he helped a buddy convert a Mac to fire full auto.  When they finished they took it behind the shop, blew a couple of mags through it, laughed a bunch, and went home for the day.  It's hard to get people to respect a law that prevents zero crimes and only stops the law abiding from having fun.

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 8:38:09 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 8:43:55 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Another story.

Back to Gazette Online
Logan businessman gets probation for gun charge

Tuesday July 31, 2001

By Lawrence Messina
STAFF WRITER

A Logan County business owner will not go to prison for converting a rifle into a fully automatic machine gun, a federal judge ruled Monday.

James Robert "Jimmy" Grimmett faced between a year and a half and two years behind bars under federal sentencing rules. But U.S. District Judge Charles H. Haden II departed from those rules after citing various aspects of Grimmett's case.

Grimmett, 37, instead will spend five years on probation, Haden ruled, with the first year of that term on home confinement. The judge also fined him $40,000, in lieu of a prison sentence.

Grimmett admitted in May that he tinkered with the Norinco MAK-90. Defense lawyer Gregory Campbell told Haden that Grimmett had no criminal intent.

"This weapon was converted for recreational purposes," Campbell said. "It was fired at a strip mine for that purpose and that purpose alone."

Campbell called Grimmett "a fine part of his community." He urged the judge to consider Grimmett's trucking company. Though he co-owns it with his brother, Logan County Assessor Rick Grimmett, the outfit would probably fold if Jimmy Grimmett were sent to prison, the lawyer argued.

"[Jimmy] Grimmett is the hands-on man. He's the only person who makes it work," Campbell said. "His brother's virtually never on the job."

Campbell said Grimmett deserved leniency because he immediately cooperated with the federal agents who seized the rifle and an identical weapon in January. Prosecutors dropped a second charge for the other rifle in exchange for Grimmett's guilty plea.

"He is guilty of this charge. There is simply no way around it," Campbell said. "But we do feel that it is an aberration."

Federal sentencing rules create a formula through which judges calculate sentences. Partly because Grimmett's crime involved a firearm, those guidelines called for a sentence of between 18 and 24 months. Pointing to Grimmett's "extraordinary acceptance of responsibility," Haden agreed to grant him leniency.

"This seems to be an unusually harsh guideline sentence, even at the low end," Haden said. "He's been a church-going person who's been vitally important to his community."

A number of people wrote letters to Haden on Grimmett's behalf, and several attended his sentencing hearing in Charleston. Grimmett also spoke briefly during the hearing.

"I'm sorry for what I've done," he said. "I've caused my family, I guess, a lot of embarrassment to me."
View Quote

Don't send him to jail because his brother is a deadbeat.  He probably cursed his brother all the time before that for not doing anything.  Helped keep him out of jail
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 8:44:24 AM EDT
[#10]
I was at a local range here in Houston about a year or so ago and two guys next to me were shooting a SBS they had made not an hour earlier. When the range master came by and asked me if I had paper work for my NFA items.  I showed him my forms and he said thanks and asked the guys with the SBS. They proceeded to tell him how they were Americans and this was a free country and that they didn't need no damn paper work. The guy said thanks and went inside.

A short time later an agent comes over and asked to see paperwork for the SBS. They proceed to tell him that this is America and that they paid for the shotgun and that they should be able to do whatever they want with it. The officer shakes his head and explains the law and the penalty for not having paper work and the two asses start arguing with the agent. The agent asked them several times to merely take the weapon home and not bring it back and they continued to argue the issue. You could tell the officer was trying to be cool and really didn't wanot to arrest the two young guys. Finally a couple of us stepped in and explained that the agent was giving them a chance to leave and not comeback or be arrested. They packed up an hauled ass. He then asked to see everyone else's paperwork and then went into the office.

Later the range master came by and I asked him what was up with that officer showing up. He said that they have to call and report illegal activity or they can be shutdown.  Long story short, I guess you can get caught and what happens depends on how cool the officer wants to be. But why take that chance? I would hate to live my life looking over one shoulder because of a $200 tax stamp.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 8:47:28 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I was at a local range here in Houston about a year or so ago and two guys next to me were shooting a SBS they had made not an hour earlier. When the range master came by and asked me if I had paper work for my NFA items.  I showed him my forms and he said thanks and asked the guys with the SBS. They proceeded to tell him how they were Americans and this was a free country and that they didn't need no damn paper work. The guy said thanks and went inside.

A short time later an agent comes over and asked to see paperwork for the SBS. They proceed to tell him that this is America and that they paid for the shotgun and that they should be able to do whatever they want with it. The officer shakes his head and explains the law and the penalty for not having paper work and the two asses start arguing with the agent. The agent asked them several times to merely take the weapon home and not bring it back and they continued to argue the issue. You could tell the officer was trying to be cool and really didn't wanot to arrest the two young guys. Finally a couple of us stepped in and explained that the agent was giving them a chance to leave and not comeback or be arrested. They packed up an hauled ass. He then asked to see everyone else's paperwork and then went into the office.

Later the range master came by and I asked him what was up with that officer showing up. He said that they have to call and report illegal activity or they can be shutdown.  Long story short, I guess you can get caught and what happens depends on how cool the officer wants to be. But why take that chance? I would hate to live my life looking over one shoulder because of a $200 tax stamp.
View Quote

Just keep it under your bed and only pull it out once and a while to do some sweet mirror poses.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 8:48:11 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
If he was a crack dealer with a lengthy criminal record he would get a few months in county.If he was an otherwise law abiding middle class white guy he woud get 8-10 years in a federal prison and a 6 figure fine.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
If he was a crack dealer with a lengthy criminal record he would get a few months in county.If he was an otherwise law abiding middle class white guy he woud get 8-10 years in a federal prison and a 6 figure fine.

First page highlights.

Here is a link to an ex FBI agent arrested with an oil filter suppressor.

http://www.cbs19.tv/story/22826549/former-tyler-fbi-office-supervisor-awaits-sentencing-on-weapons-charge

"Federal officials could not say when Brody might be sentenced, but did state the former agent could face up to 10 years imprisonment. However, one official said due to Brody’s cooperation, he could receive as little as five years probation."

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=6904946

This guy planned something bad and still got probation for an sbs

Speakman pleaded guilty to a federal charge of possession of an unregistered sawed-off shotgun. In February, he was accused of amassing a small arsenal of weapons and plotting to kill his wife and mother-in-law before storming The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints' Jordan River temple.

Another case I found was a felon rapper. Despite a long criminal record he still only got 6 months.

2. Purchase and Possession of Automatic Weapons (2007)
2006 was a tough year for Tip. In March, he released King, whose singles such as “What You Know” and “Why You Wanna” made him a staple on television and the radio. In May, T.I.’s entourage was involved in a fatal shootout that claimed the life of his best friend and personal assistant, Philant Johnson. Crushed and paranoid, T.I. began amassing weapons to fend off a perceived threat against his life. He became the subject of a federal investigation that culminated in his arrest hours before 2007’s BET Hip Hop Awards, where he was scheduled to perform. He’d been using his bodyguard to broker a deal for the purchase of a veritable Call of Duty match worth of weapons including, but not limited to pistols and sighted machine guns. The vendor turned out to be a federal agent.
Sentence: Six months in prison, three months in a halfway house, one month of house arrest, three years of probation, a $103,000 fine, and a thousand hours of community service whose completion was documented in the brazenly self-promotional MTV series T.I.’s Road to Redemption, which looked like more of an extended commercial for his 2009 album, Paper Trail, than a punishment.

Read more: http://www.prefixmag.com/features/ti/tis-5-worst-arrests-and-convictions/44340/#ixzz3JtZ9kf9X

Logan businessman gets probation for gun charge

Tuesday July 31, 2001

By Lawrence Messina
STAFF WRITER

A Logan County business owner will not go to prison for converting a rifle into a fully automatic machine gun, a federal judge ruled Monday.

James Robert "Jimmy" Grimmett faced between a year and a half and two years behind bars under federal sentencing rules. But U.S. District Judge Charles H. Haden II departed from those rules after citing various aspects of Grimmett's case.

Grimmett, 37, instead will spend five years on probation, Haden ruled, with the first year of that term on home confinement. The judge also fined him $40,000, in lieu of a prison sentence.

Grimmett admitted in May that he tinkered with the Norinco MAK-90. Defense lawyer Gregory Campbell told Haden that Grimmett had no criminal intent.

"This weapon was converted for recreational purposes," Campbell said. "It was fired at a strip mine for that purpose and that purpose alone."

Campbell called Grimmett "a fine part of his community." He urged the judge to consider Grimmett's trucking company. Though he co-owns it with his brother, Logan County Assessor Rick Grimmett, the outfit would probably fold if Jimmy Grimmett were sent to prison, the lawyer argued.

"[Jimmy] Grimmett is the hands-on man. He's the only person who makes it work," Campbell said. "His brother's virtually never on the job."

Campbell said Grimmett deserved leniency because he immediately cooperated with the federal agents who seized the rifle and an identical weapon in January. Prosecutors dropped a second charge for the other rifle in exchange for Grimmett's guilty plea.

"He is guilty of this charge. There is simply no way around it," Campbell said. "But we do feel that it is an aberration."

Federal sentencing rules create a formula through which judges calculate sentences. Partly because Grimmett's crime involved a firearm, those guidelines called for a sentence of between 18 and 24 months. Pointing to Grimmett's "extraordinary acceptance of responsibility," Haden agreed to grant him leniency.

"This seems to be an unusually harsh guideline sentence, even at the low end," Haden said. "He's been a church-going person who's been vitally important to his community."

A number of people wrote letters to Haden on Grimmett's behalf, and several attended his sentencing hearing in Charleston. Grimmett also spoke briefly during the hearing.

"I'm sorry for what I've done," he said. "I've caused my family, I guess, a lot of embarrassment to me."

And finally.

Quoted:
Quoted:
Most of the people charged federally with an NFA violation get probation as long as they weren't intending on doing anything illegal with the NFA device.

Finally someone posts the truth and not something out their ass. If you have a clean record up to that point....probation. This PO confirms.

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 8:49:25 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
10 years and $250,000 fine.

Don't indulge your curiosity. Pay the $200.

View Quote

This ^^^

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 8:55:31 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I vaguely remember that.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
who was the arfcomer that lent out his ar15, then got sold down the river by the guy he lent it to.  BATFE tards pulled out all the stops to get him to.  must have been 5ish years ago.
I vaguely remember that.

David Olafsson, IIRC.

Yeah, he got screwed by the ATF on that deal.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 8:57:59 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I vaguely remember that.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I vaguely remember that.

The witness (the person to whom he lent the rifle and the person who fired it automatic at a public range) testified that the defendant told him not to put the switch in the automatic position because it would fire more than one shot if he did so.
He was convicted of transferring an unregistered machine gun.
Given the testimony that the defendant knew the rifle would fire more than one shot the conviction shouldn't have been a surprise.

The moral to the story is: If your rifle is malfunctioning don't lend it to someone, fix it or have someone else do so.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 8:59:34 AM EDT
[#16]
I'm not registering any of my firearms with the UN.
Treaty be damned
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 9:06:23 AM EDT
[#17]
Pay your tax like a good citizen then pick up that can.

Yet we tell NYers to "register nothing, Molon Labe"
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 9:07:24 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

I think there is more to it than that...

Whether you use a "traditional" stock or brace, your rifle must have a barrel length of at least 16". If it doesn't meet the minimum length, you must have it registered as an SBR before it is assembled/built as such. You can put a brace on a pistol no matter the barrel length though. "LBP" - Long Barreled Pistol?

I can't stand this area of the ATF; the establishment and enforcement of such "requirements" are no better than strong-arm extortion.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 9:08:32 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Whether you use a "traditional" stock or brace, your rifle must have a barrel length of at least 16". If it doesn't meet the minimum length, you must have it registered as an SBR before it is assembled/built as such. You can put a brace on a pistol no matter the barrel length though. "LBP" - Long Barreled Pistol?

I can't stand this area of the ATF; the establishment and enforcement of such "requirements" are no better than strong-arm extortion.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sig braces are legal on pistols according to the ATF.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 9:09:57 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 9:12:13 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's what I said
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 9:14:10 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

No shit.

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 9:16:54 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

View Quote

Or get a SIG brace, either way you paying $200

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 9:19:31 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Most of the people charged federally with an NFA violation get probation as long as they weren't intending on doing anything illegal with the NFA device.

View Quote

Don't indulge this guy.

He's testing the waters to see if anyone will say "just do it, I did."

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 9:20:38 AM EDT
[#25]

Why does everyone keep saying "Sig Brace"?  Did OP ever specify a type of weapon?  He could be theorizing about a Mosin Nagant for all we know.

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 9:20:48 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Don't indulge this guy.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't indulge this guy.

Uh no. Just pointing out reality. You still lose your gun rights and become a felon.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 9:23:38 AM EDT
[#27]
i think I'd rather do the $200 fine and 6months
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 9:31:32 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Why does everyone keep saying "Sig Brace"?  Did OP ever specify a type of weapon?  He could be theorizing about a Mosin Nagant for all we know.

View Quote

Because this isn't mosinnagant.com?

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 9:32:27 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

Which range? I'm gonna guess american shooting center.

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 9:35:27 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Touche.  
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 9:45:04 AM EDT
[#31]
Ha, wonder how many people in this thread give people in shitty states like NY or CA a hard time for complying with unconstitutional laws.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 9:45:10 AM EDT
[#32]
I believe that the penalty is 1 year in prison and $10,000 fine.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 9:54:13 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

To be fair, in most of the recent bans passed throughout states, there is no way to pay a tax and get a new banned item.

For example, there is no (legal) way to get an new AR15 with all the features in california today, without a permit the CA DOJ won't issue to regular people.

I'm sure if people in NY,NJ, CA, MA, etc could pay $200 and buy a new AR15 today, they would.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There's a certain dissonance here on arfcom:

Generally, arfers applaud the low percentage of people who register their so-called 'assault weapons' in ban states.  This usually comes with howls of molon labe and from my cold dead hands.

And then most arfers act revulsed that someone would even think of not complying with some part of the NFA.  This is followed by suggesting the thread topic is so horrid that it should be deleted.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who has spotted this inconsistency.  

To be fair, in most of the recent bans passed throughout states, there is no way to pay a tax and get a new banned item.

For example, there is no (legal) way to get an new AR15 with all the features in california today, without a permit the CA DOJ won't issue to regular people.

I'm sure if people in NY,NJ, CA, MA, etc could pay $200 and buy a new AR15 today, they would.

SBRs and AWB compliant/pre-ban ARs are legal in MA,with a license.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 10:02:30 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Generally, arfers applaud the low percentage of people who register their so-called 'assault weapons' in ban states.  This usually comes with howls of molon labe and from my cold dead hands.

And then most arfers act revulsed that someone would even think of not complying with some part of the NFA.  This is followed by suggesting the thread topic is so horrid that it should be deleted.

...i just bought one not too long ago
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 10:04:11 AM EDT
[#35]
up to 10 years/$10,000, forfeiture of of all firearms in violation, loss of firearm ownership rights. they could also go after you for tax evasion, which is up to 5 years/$250,000
View Quote

Interesting that the penalties are so high for failing to pay a $200 tax (and, remember...NFA stuff is based on tax law).     Seems way out of proportion....in a quick Google search, looks like the value of theft that still makes in a Misdemeanor is $500 or $1k in a lot of states.......but I suppose Tax Law is different than most criminal law....they did throw the book at Tim Geithner for not paying his $35,000 in taxes, right?
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 10:07:48 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Ha, wonder how many people in this thread give people in shitty states like NY or CA a hard time for complying with unconstitutional laws.
View Quote

I never have and have several stamps.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 10:08:19 AM EDT
[#37]
So since there is no certain answer. You need to do the sbr of truth
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 10:09:08 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 10:23:25 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

Andrew Cuomo doesn't have the authority or ability to send his flying monkeys after someone instigating that the SAFE Act should not be abided by. The Federal government wields a much larger stick over NFA compliance than loading 8 rounds in a magazine. That is the long and short of the matter.

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 10:27:00 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

View Quote

How much fine and how much does the lawyer cost?  More than $200.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 10:28:23 AM EDT
[#41]
Here's the issue: in general your chance of getting caught is somewhat slim, however as some of the other posters have informed you there are plenty of busybody assholes that just can not keep to themselves and may rat you out.

Having been involved with 3 different undercover operations with the ATF while working as a LGS manager I can tell you do not want to get on their radar. Once you do there is a better than 50 /50 chance that one jerkoff agent with an axe to grind will put you in their sights. Should that agent be a senior one... You are fucked. You get that 1 in 10 super Dick agent on your ass and they will throw the book at you.

It is too easy to just get legal. Just do it right.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 10:38:54 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Here is a link to an ex FBI agent arrested with an oil can suppressor.

http://www.cbs19.tv/story/22826549/former-tyler-fbi-office-supervisor-awaits-sentencing-on-weapons-charge

"Federal officials could not say when Brody might be sentenced, but did state the former agent could face up to 10 years imprisonment. However, one official said due to Brody’s cooperation, he could receive as little as five years probation."

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I believe this.

Here is a link to an ex FBI agent arrested with an oil can suppressor.

The feds also enacted "forfeiture" on all of the FBI agent's guns/ammo and firearms related items, all for a oil filter attachment:

The indictment contained a Notice of Intent to Seek Criminal Forfeiture
pursuant to 49 U.S.C. § 80303, 26 U.S.C. § 5872 and 28 U.S.C. § 2461 seeking the
forfeiture of the defendant's interest in the following property:
All firearms and associated ammunition and accessories seized from the defendant,
including, but not limited to the following:
1. Ruger, 10/22, .22 caliber rifle, SN:352-37057
2. Savage Arms, model 12, .204 caliber rifle, SN:G471152
3. Remington Arms Company, Inc., model 11-48, .16 caliber shotgun,
SN:5508287
4. Remington Arms Company, Inc., model 1100, .12-gauge shotgun,
SN:N787677V
Motion for Preliminary Order of Forfeiture - Page 1
Case 6:13-cr-00045-MHS-JKG Document 19 Filed 05/30/13 Page 1 of 6 PageID #: 49
5. Superior Arms Inc., model S15, .223 caliber rifle, SN:25719
6. Aero Precision Inc., model AP15, .223 caliber rifle, SN:US48695
7. Superior Arms Inc., model S15, .223 caliber rifle, SN:25849
8. Mossberg, model 740T, .22 caliber rifle, SN:LL3595995
10. Browning, Medallion, .7 caliber rifle, SN:37788NW317
11. Mossberg, Maverick Mavba, .308 caliber rifle, SN:BA252047
12. Harrington and Richardson, model Handi-Rifle, .243 caliber rifle,
SN:HY217016, together with box and accessories
13. Ruger, model 10/22, .22 caliber rifle, SN:127-49463
14. Harrington and Richardson Topper, .410 caliber shotgun, SN:AM269337
15. New England Firearms, model Pardner, .12-gauge shotgun, SN:NT376838
16. Harrington and Richardson Topper, 20-gauge shotgun, SN:AT271541
17. Remington Arms Company, Inc., model 870, 12-gauge shotgun,
SN:AB834199M
19. Remington Arms Company, Inc., model 742, .30-06 caliber rifle,
SN:7109498
20. Colt Law Enforcement Carb, .556 caliber rifle, SN:LE039997
22. Mossberg, model 817, .17 caliber rifle, SN:HLD3381533, together with soft
case
23. Ruger, model Mini-14, .223 caliber rifle, SN:582-03233
24. Colt Law Enforcement Carb, .556 caliber rifle, SN:LE039996, together
with box and accessories
25. Browning T-Bolt, .22 caliber rifle, SN:03002MN253, together with box and
accessories
26. Israel Weapon IND-IWI (Israel Military IND-IMI), Jericho 941, .9 caliber
pistol, SN:39312275
27. Israel Weapon IND-IWI (Israel Military IND-IMI), Jericho 941, .9 caliber
pistol, SN:39311526
28. Israel Weapon IND-IWI (Israel Military IND-IMI), Jericho 941, .9 caliber
pistol, SN:39304462
29. Sig-Sauer, P226, .9 caliber pistol, SN:U188566
30. Glock, GMBH 22, .40 caliber pistol, SN:RW304
31. Glock, GMBH 22, .40 caliber pistol, SN:PKG121
32. Keltec, CNC Industries, Inc., PLR-22, .22 caliber pistol, SN:U1Y27
33. Sig-Sauer, P229, .40 caliber pistol, SN:AD43620
34. Glock, GMBH 27, .40 caliber pistol, SN:BSV542US
35. Sig-Sauer, P230, .9 caliber pistol, SN:S134947
36. Rossi, unknown model, .38 caliber revolver, SN:W184788
37. Charter Arms, Target Bulldog, .357 caliber revolver, SN:427341
38. Forehand & Wadsworth, unknown model, .38 caliber revolver, SN:A2261
Keltec, CNC Industries, Inc., PMR-30, .22 caliber pistol, SN:WAY55
40. Browning, Buckmark, .22 caliber pistol, SN:515MP28314
42. L.W. Seecamp, unknown model and caliber pistol, SN:053644
43. Ruger, 10/22, .22 caliber rifle, SN:823-13100
44. Four (4) rounds Hornaday .204 caliber ammunition
45. Nine (9) rounds Speer .40 caliber ammunition
46. Twelve (12) rounds .40 caliber assorted ammunition
47. Two Hundred (200) rounds Hornaday .17 caliber ammunition
48. Eight (8) rounds .22 caliber assorted ammunition
49. Ten (10) rounds Speer .9 caliber ammunition
50. Twenty-Five (25) rounds .22 caliber assorted ammunition
51. Twelve (12) rounds Speer .40 caliber ammunition
52. Ten (10) rounds .9 caliber assorted ammunition
53. Three (3) rounds Winchester-Western .7 caliber ammunition
54. Twelve (12) rounds .9 caliber assorted ammunition
55. One (1) round Winchester-Western .243 caliber ammunition
56. Eight (8) rounds Speer .40 caliber ammunition
57. Ten (10) rounds Sellier & Bellot .9 caliber ammunition
58. Four (4) rounds Winchester-Western .270 caliber ammunition
59. Three (3) rounds Winchester-Western .308 caliber ammunition
60. Ten (10) rounds .22 caliber assorted ammunition
61. Six Hundred Thirty-Four (634) rounds unknown caliber assorted
ammunition
62. One Hundred Eighteen (118) rounds .12 caliber assorted ammunition
63. Two Hundred Twenty-Three (223) rounds .223 caliber assorted ammunition
64. Nine Hundred Sixteen (916) rounds .45 caliber assorted ammunition
65. Four Hundred Seventy-Eight (478) rounds .40 caliber Speer ammunition
66. Four Hundred Sixty-Two (462) rounds unknown caliber assorted
ammunition
67. Two Hundred Twenty (220) rounds American Eagle .556 caliber
ammunition
68. Eight (80) rounds .556 caliber assorted ammunition
69. Four Hundred Sixty-Two (462) rounds unknown caliber assorted
ammunition
70. Eight Hundred (800) rounds unknown caliber assorted ammunition
71. Two Hundred Sixty-Six (266) rounds unknown caliber assorted ammunition
72. Two Thousand Nine Hundred rounds unknown caliber assorted ammunition
73. Thirty-One (31) rounds unknown caliber assorted ammunition
74. Seventeen (17) rounds unknown caliber assorted ammunition
75. Fifty (50) rounds Speer .45 caliber ammunition
Motion for Preliminary Order of Forfeiture - Page 1
Case 6:13-cr-00045-MHS-JKG Document 19 Filed 05/30/13 Page 3 of 6 PageID #: 51
76. Nine Hundred Seventy-One (971) rounds .45 caliber assorted ammunition
77. Five Hundred Forty-Three (543) rounds unknown caliber assorted
ammunition
78. Ten (10) rounds Remington .22 caliber ammunition
79. Homemade Microgard Silencer, unknown caliber
80. One (1) Pennzoil, model PZ-48, oil filter
81. One (1) Aluminum "Solvent Trap"
82. One (1) threaded aluminum coupling with Hex screw, used to secure
automotive oil filter to firearm barrel
83. Nine (9) empty plastic firearms boxes
84. Magazines and accessories
85. Holster, firearms accessories
86. Binoculars, FBI Creds, FBI Business Cards, FBI Report
87. Two (2) plastic gun boxes, one (1) paper gun box, two (2) magazines
88. Fifty-three (53) assorted caliber magazines
3. On May 22, 2013, defendant entered a plea of guilty to Count One of the
information which charges a violation of 26 U.S.C. § 5861(d) (possession of an
unregistered firearm). The defendant admitted to the allegations contained in the Notice
of Intent to Seek Criminal Forfeiture within the information and agreed to forfeit the
above-described property.
4. Upon the issuance of a Preliminary Order of Forfeiture, the United States
will provide written notice to all third parties asserting a legal interest in any of the abovedescribed
property to be forfeited and will publish notice at www.forfeiture.gov of the
Court's Order and the United States' intent to dispose of the property to be forfeited in
such a manner as the Attorney General may direct.

Link to case file
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 10:39:12 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

A lot of people here want someone else to toss the first rock...
They also like tattling on people for throwing rocks...

You need to remember, a large percentage of this site believes in water witching, warding off the evil eye, believe they dream future events before they happen, and think propylene glycol carries disease.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 11:33:26 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Andrew Cuomo doesn't have the authority or ability to send his flying monkeys after someone instigating that the SAFE Act should not be abided by. The Federal government wields a much larger stick over NFA compliance than loading 8 rounds in a magazine. That is the long and short of the matter.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So as long as the feds tell you to pick up the can and not a state you'll bend over and comply. Got it.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 11:36:25 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 11:43:13 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 11:44:01 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

A lot of engravings have member's actual names in them, a lot of people don't feel comfortable showing off information like that in pictures on the internet on a gun website.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ever notice how the majority of posters in the SBR post threads don't have engravings....  yet you never here about the atf showing up at sombodys home.  Odd...

A lot of engravings have member's actual names in them, a lot of people don't feel comfortable showing off information like that in pictures on the internet on a gun website.

'
+1

A lot of us don't have Form 1 SBR's. I have two and they are both factory. I have 11 NFA items and they are all factory made.

Also, you can get your engraving done inside the trigger guard or on the front of the magwell where they wouldn't show in a normal pic, unless you purposely took a pic of it.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 11:44:26 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

$200?

If you look around the Sig Brace can be found for less than $130.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

$200?

If you look around the Sig Brace can be found for less than $130.

Unless you already have a pistol buffer tube, spring and H-buffer, those things easily bring the price to > than the $200 stamp.

However, I have no stamps and would most likely just put the Sig brace on, and be done with it.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 12:10:11 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Just out of curiosity, what is the price someone would pay being caught with one? Hauled away to the slammer and gun rights taken away on top of some serious fines?
View Quote

+ a lot more.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 12:24:31 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They've never bugged me about it.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top