BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 6:07:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hmm that deaths head ring looks pretty cool. I wonder if you can buy it straight from Smith Enterprises.
View Quote

I rost

ETA: missed pg 3 fuck
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 6:12:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I remember reading the fake vs real posts quite some time ago...

You're right though - to get an authentic peice of history... one would be advised to go with the existing items.

If memory serves, they were going for 10-15k. I'll buy the RDIAS before the totenkopf, myself

Perhaps I would be better off with a metal detector in the Ardennes.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
--SNIP--

Yeah - it is basically to the point where the counterfeiting of 1940's tech is pretty goddamn simple these days.

Even if I bought one from Sotheby's (they wouldn't do that, btw) I still wouldn't be entirely sure it was authentic.

You would pretty much be stuck buying one of the known and documented ones at this point. Anybody's "find" would be immediately suspect.

Craig Gottleib's book on the subject is pretty interesting.

You're right though - to get an authentic peice of history... one would be advised to go with the existing items.

If memory serves, they were going for 10-15k. I'll buy the RDIAS before the totenkopf, myself

Actually....

"After all further awards of the ring were halted in 1944, Himmler ordered all the remaining rings blast-sealed inside a hill near Wewelsburg Castle. Their present location is unknown."

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 6:54:37 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Actually....

"After all further awards of the ring were halted in 1944, Himmler ordered all the remaining rings blast-sealed inside a hill near Wewelsburg Castle. Their present location is unknown."

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

--SNIP--

Actually....

Damn - a quick look at a Topo map shows... there are a lot of hills there  

That's a job for ground penetrating radar attached to an ATV  
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 7:05:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Like this:

http://www.pzg.biz/mp022_no_more_nice_guy.jpg

Every gun show I have gone to has had a variation of this poster. Is it supposed to be pro or anti Hitler?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Today I ventured out of my Moms basement and took her to the gun show. When she asked what kind of stuff would be there I said "well I know there will be Nazi shit and jerky, maybe some guns".

But I got to thinking. Why is there always a Nazi booth? Like at every fucking show. Is that their business or do they just have Nazi gear stacked deep?

Enlighten me GD

Like this:

Every gun show I have gone to has had a variation of this poster. Is it supposed to be pro or anti Hitler?

I think it's supposed to be black humour. I,e funny.

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 7:10:56 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Today I ventured out of my Moms basement and took her to the gun show. When she asked what kind of stuff would be there I said "well I know there will be Nazi shit and jerky, maybe some guns".

But I got to thinking. Why is there always a Nazi booth? Like at every fucking show. Is that their business or do they just have Nazi gear stacked deep?

Enlighten me GD

Like this:

Like this:

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 7:12:53 AM EDT
[#6]
I saw a great fight between one of the gun show  nazis and another regular gun show guy with a C&R table.

The nazi guy had some words with his neighboring exhibitor and decided to goose step back and forth in front of the guy's tables while fully dressed up in nazi regalia from hat to boots.

Fists flew with the nazi guy getting the worst of it by far.

I never realized how many undercovers the are at the gun show; they appeared out of everywhere.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 7:32:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I've very rarely seen any of that for sale anywhere.  For some reason, Nazi stuff is popular enough that people are making it even now.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
WWII for many people is one of the most fascinating times in US history, and the Nazi's are one of the most fascinating groups of the time.  What WWII historian wouldn't want memorabilia from each faction?  The Nazi's are the only group that did horrible things, but I don't see anyone complaining about Japanese, Russian or Chinese memorabilia.
I've very rarely seen any of that for sale anywhere.  For some reason, Nazi stuff is popular enough that people are making it even now.

Hell they have been "making it" since the first post-war occupation GI wanted a souvenir to take home. First out of existing parts. Then they used the stamping dies to make new parts, then they made new dies when those wore out.

In fact a German firm made M40 helmets for the Finns using Nazi era stamping equipment in the 50s. They were even painted the same color. They were called a M40/55. The liner is just slightly different but the shell is spot on. Only after the Finns refurbed them and installed different liners with different rivet locations was the difference apparent to the novice collector.

That is one of the reason dug relics from the former Soviet states are selling well. Sort of the same principle as dug US Civil War relics. CW stuff was/is so reproduced and "aged" by nefarious individuals that folks want the dug stuff.

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 7:38:18 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I'll skip the gun show Nazi booth.

That said, high level collector stuff is damn interesting.

Kiwited's dagger collection is a great example.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G33yy2Ejd_g&list=UULwjbB-R0KvDdsafQRb6GDQ

View Quote
That is one sick collection ! A lot of history there.

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 8:05:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Speaking of whore face stickers..anyone know where they can be found? I'm sure that's not the technical name
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 8:20:07 AM EDT
[#10]
People collect.

People collect stuff you and I don't understand.

People collect all kinds of stuff I wouldn't spend a dime on but they will pay big bucks for it - just so they can brag about having it or show it off to their friends - who make like/collect the same stuff.

Let them spend their money on it.  You many be spending your money buying/collecting things they wouldn't understand.

It's sort of like asking why one guy like slender women, one guy likes full figured women and another guy like body builder type women.  In the end, it's what they like/want so let it alone.  Collecting, by itself, isn't hurting anyone.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 8:23:50 AM EDT
[#11]
Once I went to a smaller gun show "the Texas gun show" and it was ALL fucking Nazis!
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 8:31:01 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I saw a great fight between one of the gun show  nazis and another regular gun show guy with a C&R table.

The nazi guy had some words with his neighboring exhibitor and decided to goose step back and forth in front of the guy's tables while fully dressed up in nazi regalia from hat to boots.

Fists flew with the nazi guy getting the worst of it by far.

I never realized how many undercovers the are at the gun show; they appeared out of everywhere.
View Quote

Keith Moon used to do that in front of Steve McQueen's house.

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 8:42:40 AM EDT
[#13]
I lucked into a war time production Walther PPK, with the nazi police acceptance mark, for 250.00. And i bought it at a regular table. I took it over to the guy that had all the nazi stuff, that didnt make it to south america, and he told me that i stole it... he offered me 275.00 for it. I still have it i just cant carry it as a pocket gun with a clear conscience.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 9:00:49 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

No, I'm pretty sure the recruiting table was the "reclaim your southern heritage booth" with a big Rebel Flag above it.

I'm all for collecting militaria, however I think it would raise a few heads if a Iranian owned a booth that sold only machetes,whore face stickers and colored shiny tape

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Unless it's some kind of recruiting table, I don't see the problem. I've seen a few 88 tards walking around from time to time. Never behind the table. I find history fascinating. I enjoy reading about and collecting things from different times. Just because I have stuff from the Romans, Japanese, Soviet Union, Warsaw pact, British Empire, Iraq and Afghanistan etc. doesn't mean I'm a supporter of everything or anything they stood for. Like wise my K98 and German militaria doesn't make me a Nazi.

However, my U.S. militaria including the gear and rifles that I, my dad, uncles and grandfathers used are a symbol of pride and freedom for me. Not to be rude or crass but in the most respectful way, see if you can figure out the difference.

No, I'm pretty sure the recruiting table was the "reclaim your southern heritage booth" with a big Rebel Flag above it.

I'm all for collecting militaria, however I think it would raise a few heads if a Iranian owned a booth that sold only machetes,whore face stickers and colored shiny tape

haha, you are a funny guy. you remind me of al sharpton, always quick to point out white scum but never have
   the guts to point out the black scum. you are a man without honor.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 9:34:53 AM EDT
[#15]
mah. don't bother me one bit. I have a walther p38 bring back and some other "stuff" My mom was neighbors with an ex Luftwaffe pilot for 20 years. Nice guy

Ive been going to shows for 40 plus years and in my experience the guys who claim to be nazis are anything but. They claim to be from a Nordic master race but are 5'2" 300 lbs with bad teeth and hygiene.

I know of a very serious collector of nazi stuff who happens to be a rabbi

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 9:42:26 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Its just militaria. People collect it. And the army wasnt a bunch of nazis, some of the leaders were. They had a great army with very poor leadership. The stuff looks cool and only has the nazi stigma attached because of Hitler and his gang, not because of the common soldiers.
View Quote

If you don't think a large part of the German population and common soldiers didn't buy into that Nazi shit, you're kidding yourself.  There were certainly soldiers and even German officers that were opposed to the Nazis, but to act as if they were the majority, is a fiction.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 9:42:51 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Do they have fake blonde hair on them or what?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've seen neither a nazi booth nor a fleshlight booth.

I need to start paying attention.

Teutonic fleshlights are VERY efficient.

Do they have fake blonde hair on them or what?

No, but the ergonomics are designed like old style HKs. So they're great if your dick is comprised of right angles.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 9:48:14 AM EDT
[#18]
It is a remnant of your grandfathers generation.  Very popular back then.

In fact about 5 million of them engaged in the collection of artifacts first hand.

I know a Korean War vet with a communist North Korean flag displayed on the wall.  

"I took that from a tank."

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 9:52:41 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Is there a market for knockoffs?

That's what's at the gun shows.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Some people still collect the shit.

Is there a market for knockoffs?

That's what's at the gun shows.

Bikers, metal heads, punkers, nazis...
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 10:02:09 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

In fact about 5 million of them engaged in the collection of artifacts first hand.

I know a Korean War vet with a communist North Korean flag displayed on the wall.  

View Quote

My wife is Russian and once told me she wasn't quite sure how she felt about my three K98 Mausers.  Both her grandfathers went off to WWII and just never came back.

I asked her:  "If your grandfather were still alive, don't you think he would like to own a rifle from the army he beat?"  She agreed and that was that.  Of course, I also have Mosins, a K31, Carcano, etc.

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 10:25:09 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

This kind of collecting I really like. Family collections that have actual meaning.  This is the stuff my grandfather brought back from WWII.  The Officer's Gunto was taken from cold, dead hands, on Iwo Jima.  The rifle and bayonet, I believe he picked up in Japan, during the post-war occupation.

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 10:41:28 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

If you don't think a large part of the German population and common soldiers didn't buy into that Nazi shit, you're kidding yourself.  There were certainly soldiers and even German officers that were opposed to the Nazis, but to act as if they were the majority, is a fiction.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Its just militaria. People collect it. And the army wasnt a bunch of nazis, some of the leaders were. They had a great army with very poor leadership. The stuff looks cool and only has the nazi stigma attached because of Hitler and his gang, not because of the common soldiers.

I have to agree here.  The common German as well as the common wermacht soldier had no problem with what was going on and actively took part in it.  The vast majority anyway.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 10:46:17 AM EDT
[#23]
Then venn diagram of white supremacists, militaria collectors, and gun owners overlaps at the gunshow.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 10:49:14 AM EDT
[#24]
booster club.

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 11:01:36 AM EDT
[#25]
The shows in my area always have at least one Nazi booth.  I have rarely seen anybody buy anything.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 11:02:25 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
The "War Relics" booth that only sells Nazi goods and other historical items like photocopied pictures of hitler is a staple at the local gunshow in my area.
View Quote

So, this is Hitler's actual pencil box? How much?
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 11:14:58 AM EDT
[#27]
I once saw a really BAD stippled Glock for sale by owner at a local Ohio gun show.  Around here, we call the "the hillbilly one" or the "better" one.  It was a stippling nightmare where the guy actually burned almost to where you can see the magazine.  The gun barely functioning because I think he stuck the dam thing in an oven to do it.  I was so amazed at the stupidity that was at play I almost offered him $100 for it just to have as a joke.  He wanted $350 for his "customer stippled" Glock.  
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 11:16:59 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Yeah - it is basically to the point where the counterfeiting of 1940's tech is pretty goddamn simple these days.

Even if I bought one from Sotheby's (they wouldn't do that, btw) I still wouldn't be entirely sure it was authentic.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have been keeping my eyes out for a death's head ring... easily counterfeited though.

Pretty much, just morbid curiosity.

They sell some decent fakes on eBay. The real ones are extremely expensive.

LOL!
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 11:20:11 AM EDT
[#29]
Some people collect salt and pepper shakers, miniature spoons from the states they been too, and some collect baseball cards. All of which I find boring.

I like history and collect WW2 stuff.  some people over the years have seen my collection and find it interesting to see and hold something real from that time frame,   they have only seen in pictures or the history Channel.  It's not like it's displayed in my living room,
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 11:21:49 AM EDT
[#30]
"Say what you want about the Nazis, no woman has ever had a fantasy about being tied up and beaten by a man dressed as a liberal." -- P.J. O'Rourke

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 11:28:49 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Enlighten me GD

View Quote

The same reason there are booths selling magnetic "power bracelets".  People buy that junk.  

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 11:31:09 AM EDT
[#32]
there are always several booths at the local shows here in Florida with militaria stuff, none of them solely specialize in NAZI stuff though.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 11:32:13 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
because only white supremacist goes to those shows or really fat people with BO
View Quote

...and neckbeards.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 11:37:05 AM EDT
[#34]
I found this Deutsche Jaegerschaft cap at a pawn shop for a few bucks. For some reason it has a 1st type Nazi police badge (genuine) on it but the cap itself is quite rare.

As the sweat band was missing (along with markings on the band)  I had a heck of a time figuring it out till I found this pic.

The folks over on Wehrmacht Awards confirmed it. There are some serious collectors there that lay down big bucks for such stuff.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 11:38:37 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Years ago the FBI figured they could talk to people at gun shows and find the crazies. They quickly found that people were not into small talk at gun shows and at many shows there are hundreds of people, too many to keep up with. They decided to set up Nazi booths to sell fringe items. This attracts some of the people they want to "get to know".

They also found that beta males do not attend gun shows. They made an effort to make My Little Pony and Dubstep popular to attract beta's of interest. Finally, they realized that penile stature and violent outbursts are related. The smaller the penis, the more likely you are to shoot people at Waffle House for no damn reason. They played with a lot of ideas but Bro Dozers and TapOut shirts were all that caught on.

View Quote

The FBI setting up a "My Little Pony" booth. That would be priceless.

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 11:48:07 AM EDT
[#36]
Trouble is that a lot of that sh*t probably isn't a trophy of war.  A trophy of war is cool.  In a sense, we kicked their ass, captured their flag and get to show it off as a prowess of our might.  Replica stuff is for neo-nazis.  

I would hang a nazi flag, only if it were a trophy of war but not to show sympathy with the nazi cause or ideology.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 11:48:32 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I feel the same way about people who use products from BASF, Mercedes or Mitsubishi. Very well thought out argument, no emotion... just facts.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I find the "nazi tables" to be very disconcerting. The ones around here seem to specialize only in nazi bullshit like hitler youth knives, various swastika trash and books about Tiger tanks. If you are dealing in WWII stuff for the sake of building a collection out of novelty and/or historical preservation, it would seem reasonable that you might have gear from all "participants". If the market for WWII stuff was so strong at gunshows, surely there would be tables prominently adorned with the Union Jack selling all manner of only Commonwealth stuff or tables full of only Russian kit. If those tables exist, I've never seen one around here... What I see are basically "shrines" to nazisim built with reproduction swastika flags and SS uniforms. I notice these tables are also the same ones specializing in various other pieces of "folk art" like patently racist salt and pepper shakers or copies of the Turner Diaries...

IMO, the "re-enactor" argument is bullshit. The people I hear use this justification to buy nazi trash never seem that interested in impersonating the average Wehrmacht grunt, only nazis. Come to think of it, I'm not sure I've ever met one that could articulate the difference. Owning a swastika flag, or an SS uniform doesn't automatically make you a nazi, any more than owning "murderobelia" makes you a murderer. It does, however, make you a purveyor of human misery. I could only hope that people who own this shit do so in order to prevent people from forgetting one of the darkest times in humanity, as opposed to flagrantly and insensitively reminding people.

These same "collectors" and "re-enactors" then like to talk about Stalin's body count or what a dick Mussolini was. That's a fucktarded argument in the first place for any number of reasons, but most importantly, there aren't gangs of Stalin sympathizers perpetuating his ideals.

TL;DR- fuck nazis and their paraphernalia.

I feel the same way about people who use products from BASF, Mercedes or Mitsubishi. Very well thought out argument, no emotion... just facts.

How about Bayer?

Yes, the same folks who make aspirin and the anti-flea/tick/skeeter stuff for my dogs.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 11:55:47 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 11:57:26 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 11:58:28 AM EDT
[#40]
Gun owners are Natzee lovers!
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 11:59:51 AM EDT
[#41]

what is that?? doesnt look like a deaths head, is it some insignia i am unfamiliar with?
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 12:04:24 PM EDT
[#42]
If you like collecting WWII memoribilia and you have US, Germany, Russian, Japanese, Italian, etc... Alright, cool, you like to collect war memoribilia.

If you "like collecting WWII memoribilia" and all you have is German and Nazi items.  Well that leads me to a different conclusion.

About the only exception I'll make to the second statement is if you happen to be a WWII vet and fought in the European theater. Or are in possession of the stuff your daddy/granddaddy brought back.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 12:57:21 PM EDT
[#43]
Most of the German ww2 stuff was brought back to the US by American service men.  Thomas j
Johnson wrote ww2 German war booty, just to show off the American vets and the stuff they brought back with them.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 12:58:24 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

Oh of course they weren't.  After they lost it turns out that none of them were Nazi's.  All those people in all the rallies waving the Swastika were just there for the free wienerschnitzel and pie served after.  
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 1:11:45 PM EDT
[#45]

Neo nazi, skinhead, the only logical explanation.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 1:14:28 PM EDT
[#46]
The same reason Randy Weaver makes the gun show circuit, or at least did. There is a market for Nazi/white supremacist shit at gun shows. It is a unique market.
Auto shows and dog shows don't have a strong Nazi/white supremacist presence, neither did the last "outdoors" type product show I went to. Interesting, ain't it?
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 1:17:31 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Took me 'til half way through the OP to realize this wasn't about Nazis having a booth at gun shows.

View Quote

Are you sure it isn't?
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 1:17:50 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
The same reason Randy Weaver makes the gun show circuit, or at least did. There is a market for Nazi/white supremacist shit at gun shows. It is a unique market.
Auto shows and dog shows don't have a strong Nazi/white supremacist presence, neither did the last "outdoors" type product show I went to. Interesting, ain't it?
View Quote

There is a nice buy-in to your enemies narrative.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 1:19:04 PM EDT
[#49]
some people love history some people are 88's

I myself love historical items
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 1:22:11 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top