Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/23/2014 1:22:28 AM EDT
Just found myself thinking about it pretty frequently lately for some reason. No health concerns what so ever. I am sure I am among the youngest on this site. And this is not a depression thread either. So my question is, do you think about death very often? And is it normal to do so? Whenever I think about death its not so much I am afraid to die, I have lived a good life to this point with no regrets. But I would be afraid of what i would miss in the future. Would like to hear others thoughts (and jokes since this is GD of course )
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 1:26:26 AM EDT
[#1]
I think about others deaths frequently.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 1:27:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Every damned day.

Not my death though.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 1:27:23 AM EDT
[#3]
i learned to accept if i died while in Afghanistan now i dont worry about it

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 1:27:37 AM EDT
[#4]
no it will happen soon enough

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 1:28:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Every day.  It's been a good life.  I'm ready to go at any time.  Don't want to leave my family, but if the reaper calls, I know the peace that's on the other side.

Been there before....
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 1:28:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Yep.

I keep thinking about a mass die-off of 14'ers.

You know, like, maybe we'll get lucky.

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 1:30:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Age? Facing our mortality is normal. Occupying our thoughts is not.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 1:31:36 AM EDT
[#8]
Nope. Inevitable and have zero control.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 1:33:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Every time I bring home another hooker.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 1:33:17 AM EDT
[#10]
Yes all the time. It is a mystery to me we even exist. What is life's purpose? What happens when we die? I suspect it's like sleeping without the waking.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 1:33:58 AM EDT
[#11]
Yes. Right after seeing the Ugandan nanny beating thread.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 1:34:48 AM EDT
[#12]
Think about it all the time.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 1:35:27 AM EDT
[#13]
Death?
No.
I worry about life.
When death comes, worries are no more.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 1:35:41 AM EDT
[#14]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yep.

I keep thinking about a mass die-off of 14'ers.

You know, like, maybe we'll get lucky.

View Quote

Hey now, technically im an 11'er. Had a problem with my email and had to get a new account!
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 1:39:04 AM EDT
[#15]
after watching those Russian car crash videos, i am a road warrior myself and i psych myself out sometimes...not good
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 1:39:54 AM EDT
[#16]
Yep. Everyday.

I wish I didn't. I'd rather live my life without worrying about it. There will be plenty of time to worry about being dead - when I'm dead.

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 1:41:30 AM EDT
[#17]
I am in no hurry to die, but I also do not fear it. I hardly ever think of it.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 1:43:11 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Death?
No.
I worry about life.
When death comes, worries are no more.
View Quote

Nailed it!
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 1:45:11 AM EDT
[#19]
I like to look at it as independence day.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 1:46:46 AM EDT
[#20]
I think it's actually healthy to think about death OP.

It makes you realize that we don't have much time on this earth brother.  It's VERY limited. I've had friends die much too young including one in Iraq.  You never really appreciate life until you see it over quick.  Years fly by, shit happens, and there is no real reason behind it.  When your number is up it's up man.  Enjoy your life every day as much as you can.  Hold you loved ones and don't be afraid to get real and tell people how you feel while you can.  LIFE is so #$%@ing precious man.  Don't be afraid of death, but know it's coming and live your life to the fullest.  You've got to survive and sometimes that means taking shit, but don't take too much and don't loose who you are and who you want to be.

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 1:48:15 AM EDT
[#21]
I'm sure you did a lot of dumb shit in your younger days and are still around. If you sit there and worry about dying you will never fully enjoy living. When it's your time......its your time.

ETA: Real Talk
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 1:53:11 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I'm sure you did a lot of dumb shit in your younger days and are still around. If you sit there and worry about dying you will never fully enjoy living. When it's your time......its your time.  

View Quote

Good responses so far everybody. Very interesting to see other ideas. And that's the funny thing, I'm at the age of doing stupid shit now and tend to avoid it unlike others in my generation. I guess i have always been way more serious than the others. And like I said I am not scared to die, if I died tomorrow I would be alright with it if I died for a purpose. Just scared of not seeing life go on with family and friends. You know what I mean?
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 1:54:06 AM EDT
[#23]
Anxiety and depression, you have it OP.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 1:55:24 AM EDT
[#24]
I dont think about or fear death.

God will take me when he want's me, and when my number is up it's time to go home. That's not to say I push my lucky and do stupid shit, it's just not something I worry myself with.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 1:58:37 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Anxiety and depression, you have it OP.
View Quote

You are probably right lol
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 2:00:45 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 2:08:42 AM EDT
[#27]
I am going to keep doing my best for my family til I die. I have life insurance for when that happens.

Otherwise I just rock the fuck on, make sure my family knows I love them,  and don't dwell on death.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 2:09:56 AM EDT
[#28]
I only worry about what happens to my guns and if my wife gets enough money for them. That and my dogs.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 2:12:16 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Good responses so far everybody. Very interesting to see other ideas. And that's the funny thing, I'm at the age of doing stupid shit now and tend to avoid it unlike others in my generation. I guess i have always been way more serious than the others. And like I said I am not scared to die, if I died tomorrow I would be alright with it if I died for a purpose. Just scared of not seeing life go on with family and friends. You know what I mean?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What are you like 12? Can you even own a gun?

All seriousness as I said you have anxiety and depression. Do you have trouble falling asleep at night?
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 2:14:45 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

All seriousness as I said you have anxiety and depression. Do you have trouble falling asleep at night?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am above the age of twelve. And can legally purchase/ do own a gun(s).  And as for sleep I do have trouble sometimes, you are right again!
ETA: Didn't mean to make it a super serious thread was just curious to see other's thoughts on the subject.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 2:39:01 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I am above the age of twelve. And can legally purchase/ do own a gun(s).  And as for sleep I do have trouble sometimes, you are right again!
ETA: Didn't mean to make it a super serious thread was just curious to see other's thoughts on the subject.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am not a doctor but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express once but my diagnosis is you have anxiety and depression and just don't know it. Don't worry though most people do it is just at different levels. I didn't know I had mine until my third concussion in college football within three months.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 2:44:46 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
no it will happen soon enough

View Quote

This
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 2:47:03 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I am not a doctor but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express once but my diagnosis is you have anxiety and depression and just don't know it. Don't worry though most people do it is just at different levels. I didn't know I had mine until my third concussion in college football within three months.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And dang that sounds like a rough three months, glad you are alright. And yeah I suppose that's a true. I don't really have problems with it usually, so I guess it doesn't bother me enough to worry about overly much, but I may talk about it with someone as a preventative measure.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 2:55:30 AM EDT
[#34]
I think about death every night. Can't fucking wait for it.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 3:01:02 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My family wonders why I can't fall asleep until 3am every night and I am beat down tired all day. I cannot sleep as I fear too much of the unknown.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 3:02:16 AM EDT
[#36]
I'm mildly hypochondriacal, so any minor heart palpitations or random pains get me thinking about death. It's usually only when I'm lying in bed with my mind not engaged. It's more annoying than anything. The rational part of my brain knows it's probably nothing, but the part of my brain that generates anxiety says, "Bro, you should totally think about doctors and hospitals and surgery and dying and shit right now!!
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 3:05:32 AM EDT
[#37]
Not my own. I quit that years ago. Getting mangled or left on one of those damn machines is more troubling anyhow.

Folks I care for, I worry about at times.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 3:06:38 AM EDT
[#38]
"And I am not frightened of dying. Any time will do, I don't mind. Why should I be frightened of dying? There's no reason for it – you've got to go sometime..."
— Gerry O'Driscoll, Abbey Road Studios janitor
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 3:09:02 AM EDT
[#39]
not any more. iraq cured me of that.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 3:10:22 AM EDT
[#40]
Every once in a while I think about what might be on the "other side".
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 3:11:43 AM EDT
[#41]
More frequently since my Father died.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 3:14:15 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
More frequently since my Father died.
View Quote

Sorry for your loss
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 3:28:18 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

My family wonders why I can't fall asleep until 3am every night and I am beat down tired all day. I cannot sleep as I fear too much of the unknown.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You my friend have anxiety and depression as well. They also say people who can't turn their brains off to go to sleep have higher IQ's and bigger brains but I don't know if I believe that.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 3:30:53 AM EDT
[#44]
I think about my own death daily.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 3:33:11 AM EDT
[#45]
I'm curious, what's your age OP?
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 3:33:39 AM EDT
[#46]
Every rational human thinks about their death from time to time. It can be due to:

Death of someone close to you

Worry (e.g., how will my children fare if I die suddenly),

Fear due to medical issues (e.g., when I had my first KIP 10 cluster headache I thought I was dying from a cerebral hemorrhage, since when I was a paramedic I had a patient present with the same symptoms-she died shortly thereafter of a massive stroke),

Relief after a close call (I have lots of experience with this)

Depression

Or any number of other reasons.

You only need be concerned if it becomes an obsession, occupying so much of your available brain power itz causes issues in other areas of your life.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 3:34:37 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
You my friend have anxiety and depression as well. They also say people who can't turn their brains off to go to sleep have higher IQ's and bigger brains but I don't know if I believe that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Drinking, is a good way to knock that down
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 3:36:53 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I'm curious, what's your age OP?
View Quote

I am 18 close to turning 19
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 3:37:02 AM EDT
[#49]
i bet it's so easy to just let go.

it's just peacefulness, forever.. and ever...

maybe ill be happier in death than i ever was in life. it sure seems like that, every day.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 3:38:12 AM EDT
[#50]
I don't worry about it.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top