User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 1:18:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Bunch of silliness in here. It's an inanimate object. It's not like they just "go off" all on their own.

I wonder how any of you actually shop for guns. All those pistols in the case, pointing at the customers (or the staff, depending on orientation).

That said .... Meat looks good, sides are sub-optimal. 6/10.
View Quote

there are only really 4 rules. 4
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 1:19:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

So a gun in a display case is the same thing as a gun right next to a fork that the OP is about to use to eat food?  Gotcha
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bunch of silliness in here. It's an inanimate object. It's not like they just "go off" all on their own.

I wonder how any of you actually shop for guns. All those pistols in the case, pointing at the customers (or the staff, depending on orientation).

So a gun in a display case is the same thing as a gun right next to a fork that the OP is about to use to eat food?  Gotcha

On the "danger scale?"

Yes.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 1:21:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote

Those in a case aren't under your control. Those on your dinner table are.

All firearms are ALWAYS LOADED.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 1:22:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There's nothing unsafe about a gun laying on a surface. Period.

It really makes no difference what is in front of its muzzle.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 1:26:06 AM EDT
[#5]
OP domestic violence is not the answer why are you pointing those firearms at your headless GF.

Dinner pic fail train express.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 1:29:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You should be banned for that comment.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 1:33:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

On the "danger scale?"

Yes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

On the "danger scale?"

Yes.

You're wrong.  Sorry.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 1:34:02 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Raw meat on the plate?

-0-
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 1:39:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

OK, I'll play. What, exactly, is the inherent danger possessed by a gun laying on a counter? Not one in someone's hands. Not one being manipulated by a person. Just laying there. I'm genuinely interested in your take on this "OMG, we're all going to die" situation.

For the record, I don't sweep people with the muzzle of a gun I'm holding, because that's dangerous, what with a human holding the device and all. I do not, however, carefully plan my travels through a room to make sure I'm never standing in front of a gun laying on a flat surface, all by its lonesome. Do you?
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 1:39:40 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Put a tri-tip roast on the smoker at 320 degrees until the internal temp was 125*, made some sweet potatoes, mac and cheese, and some fried corn for the girlfriend.

<a href="http://s254.photobucket.com/user/132yamaha/media/20141122_182353.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh89/132yamaha/20141122_182353.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s254.photobucket.com/user/132yamaha/media/20141122_182341.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh89/132yamaha/20141122_182341.jpg</a>

View Quote

Double fail. -10 for the muzzle discipline. -10 for the bleedout
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 1:44:29 AM EDT
[#11]
Now you know why people in WA want to ban guns.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 1:44:30 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

OK, I'll play. What, exactly, is the inherent danger possessed by a gun laying on a counter? Not one in someone's hands. Not one being manipulated by a person. Just laying there. I'm genuinely interested in your take on this "OMG, we're all going to die" situation.

For the record, I don't sweep people with the muzzle of a gun I'm holding, because that's dangerous, what with a human holding the device and all. I do not, however, carefully plan my travels through a room to make sure I'm never standing in front of a gun laying on a flat surface, all by its lonesome. Do you?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Go put a bunch of guns on a table aimed at one seat....then ask someone educated on firearm safety to sit down at that seat.  Reply back
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 1:45:34 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
It's like you're not even trying
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 1:46:24 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Go put a bunch of guns on a table aimed at one seat....then ask someone educated on gun safety to sit down at that seat.  Reply back
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Go put a bunch of guns on a table aimed at one seat....then ask someone educated on gun safety to sit down at that seat.  Reply back

While pithy, your response fails to address either of the direct questions in the post you quoted.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 1:50:58 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

While pithy, your response fails to address either of the direct questions in the post you quoted.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's an extremely unsafe practice. Probably 99% of "accidental" shootings happen with an "I swear to God it wasn't loaded!!" firearm.

There's no good reason to have a muzzle pointed at anything you don't intend to kill.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 1:52:32 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Shit, that steak is the only thing in the pic thats not a total fail.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Raw meat on the plate?

-0-

Shit, that steak is the only thing in the pic thats not a total fail.

And it's a little overcooked.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 1:52:36 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Anyone that thinks that an unloaded gun in a display case at a gun store is more dangerous than multiple "unloaded" firearms on a dining room table aimed at their girlfriend....Is simply retarded.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 2:03:26 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Anyone that thinks that an unloaded gun in a display case at a gun store is less dangerous than multiple "unloaded" firearms on a dining room table aimed at their girlfriend....Is simply retarded.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Anyone that thinks that an unloaded gun in a display case at a gun store is less dangerous than multiple "unloaded" firearms on a dining room table aimed at their girlfriend....Is simply retarded.

So, wait, you're saying the guns in the case are *more* dangerous?

How do you shop?

At any rate, there's no "less than zero" in this case. A gun sitting untouched is simply not dangerous. Period. If that were not the case, we'd hear much more often of guns literally just "going off" and killing people. I've had guns in my house since before I was born. I have never even *heard* of one simply firing, untouched, while sitting on a flat surface.

There's just no danger there. None.

Your logic simply isn't sound.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 2:05:13 AM EDT
[#19]
Somebody is going to get shot !
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 2:06:37 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

How do you shop?

At any rate, there's no "less than zero" in this case. A gun sitting untouched is simply not dangerous. Period. If that were not the case, we'd hear much more often of guns literally just "going off" and killing people. I've had guns in my house since before I was born. I have never even *heard* of one simply firing, untouched, while sitting on a flat surface.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How do you shop?

I switched to more....because aiming all your unloaded guns at your girlfriend is in bad taste.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 2:08:06 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I switched to more....because aiming all your unloaded guns at your girlfriend is in bad taste.
View Quote

FWIW, according to the OP she sat in front of it.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 2:14:23 AM EDT
[#22]
Well at least I'm good at one thing. Giving everyone with no life on a Saturday night something to rag on??
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 2:15:24 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Well at least I'm good at one thing. Giving everyone with no life on a Saturday night something to rag on??
View Quote

Wait just a damned minute...

I have no life *BUT,* I was raggin on the raggers.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 2:17:24 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

You're probably gonna fuck that up too.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 2:18:59 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 2:19:57 AM EDT
[#26]
You fucked up cooking the tri tip
The sides are all wrong for tri tip

All the other fuck up's have been covered already.

0/10
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 2:31:55 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's not about whether or not the gun will go off, it's about awareness. Hence the term "muzzle awareness".

If you don't care where the muzzle is pointed while others are in the room...and you don't care to lock open the bolt when others are in the room...when will you?

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 2:32:31 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

OP admitted it was a mistake. Why can't you?

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 2:33:44 AM EDT
[#29]
you cut it too quickly, juices flowed out or it's one of those cheap steaks pumped full of water?

eta: are you from Spokane, typical of those people
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 2:38:40 AM EDT
[#30]
Where's the lightbar on your bro truck?
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 2:38:42 AM EDT
[#31]
OP needs a hunter safety card.

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 2:45:17 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

I actually only missed 1 question on the multiple choice test when I was 5 or 6. Clearly that doesn't make a difference in the real world.  I mean obviously I'm the only guy on this forum to make a mistake.

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 2:48:02 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I actually only missed 1 question on the multiple choice test when I was 5 or 6. Clearly that doesn't make a difference in the real world.  I mean obviously I'm the only guy on this forum to make a mistake.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well now you know, and knowing is half the battle
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 2:51:34 AM EDT
[#34]
You didn't finish cooking the meat. A little pink is okay but blood running out is way too RAW
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 3:03:35 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

View Quote
Needs moar bro truck.

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 4:20:49 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think the problem isn't the gun sitting on the counter. As you said a gun sitting on the counter poses no threat................. But, a gun that someone is going to grab at some point while the muzzle is pointed at the hooker is the problem.

In a gun store it is to some degree 'safer' because those guns are never loaded with ammunition, at home you have to go under a different set of rules.  

If I go into an electrical store and look at a motor starter display I can safely assume there is not a live feed to the bucket.  In the field, not so much.

Yes I know that sounds like a double standard, but it is the truth of the matter.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 5:10:59 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

View Quote

Yer fine - fuck 'em.

If you know it is clear and she knows it is clear - there is no fucking problem.

Unless, every swinging dick in this thread is Eddy the Eagle.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 6:06:51 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
You didn't finish cooking the meat. A little pink is okay but blood running out is way too RAW
View Quote

Nope.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 8:37:03 AM EDT
[#39]
Jesus Christ so many rules  violations

I just kicked my dog I am do mad

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 8:43:59 AM EDT
[#40]
OP seems sensitive.

Food looks great and I like your avitar, but you fail at posting dinner pics.

Try harder next time.

2/10, because I haven't had red meat in some time.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 8:48:37 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

0/10
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Do you even muzzle awareness, bro?

0/10

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 8:51:04 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
You cut it too soon and didn't let it rest…… all the juice is on the plate.
View Quote

This.  

Coulda been 10/10; you ruined it, though bro.

7/10 is the best that I can do.   That shoulda rested for like 5-10 minutes, man.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 8:53:28 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Do you even muzzle awareness, bro?

View Quote

Automatic FAIL - pull down the pic.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 9:07:11 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

You comepletely fail at basic risk management. When a severe incident happens, 2 or 3 things that "would never happen" all happen and then you get a fatality.

Sure, In a vacuum, An unloaded gun being pointed at someone is not dangerous at all. That's a fact. Obviously real life doesn't take place in a vacuum. Promoting that pointing unloaded guns at people has "zero danger" in real life, is asinine at best.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 9:11:39 AM EDT
[#45]
Dinner pic

Better luck next time!
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 9:25:19 AM EDT
[#46]
Next time:

1)  Let it rest

2)  Across/Against the grain

3)  On a bias
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 9:35:38 AM EDT
[#47]
He asked his girlfriend if she liked it.  She responded, "well, if you put a gun to my head...."
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 9:37:13 AM EDT
[#48]

nevermind
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 9:39:13 AM EDT
[#49]

you want to kill your lady. And that aint good.

EBR666
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top