Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Posted: 11/22/2014 12:00:49 PM EDT
me and the old lady watched it last..almost left 45 min into it...we were completly mind fucked!acting sucked to!fuck that movie
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 12:02:42 PM EDT
[#1]
It was entertaining but had so many holes it looked like Swiss Cheese.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 12:03:13 PM EDT
[#2]
No, it didn't.  In fact, it's one of the best SF films in quite some time.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 12:13:32 PM EDT
[#3]
tell me this...how is it that coop and the broad never aged?they were in a worm hole?i thought the whole crew went into the worm hole?it was waya,way,way far fetched.big disappointment...,.contact was way better!
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 12:17:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
tell me this...how is it that coop and the broad never aged?they were in a worm hole?i thought the whole crew went into the worm hole?it was waya,way,way far fetched.big disappointment...,.contact was way better!
View Quote

Do you even time space continuum bro?
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 12:18:26 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

View Quote

Why would they have....time for them was only a few years.

Link Posted: 11/22/2014 12:18:56 PM EDT
[#6]
People tell me it's great. Then they tell me what it's about and half way through they realized it wasn't good. Hearing the plot alone sounds awful.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 12:20:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

I think I see the problem.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 12:23:13 PM EDT
[#8]
I was really looking forward to it. Major letdown.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 12:30:04 PM EDT
[#9]
It's probably a better movie if you understand science and have a rudimentary comprehension of relativity.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 12:33:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks. Saved $20.. Will wait.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 12:33:59 PM EDT
[#11]
OP...what if I told you Time was not constant....but relative to speed.....yeah, I know....mind blowing!

Link Posted: 11/22/2014 12:34:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
me and the old lady watched it last..almost left 45 min into it...we were completly mind fucked!acting sucked to!fuck that movie
View Quote

Your spelling of "Interstellar" sucks...
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 12:36:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/22/2014 12:38:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 12:39:16 PM EDT
[#15]
They don't try to explain relativity,  which I think is necessary for the majority of Americans.  I loved it.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 12:42:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/22/2014 12:43:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
It's probably a better movie if you understand science and have a rudimentary comprehension of relativity.
View Quote

That must be it.

Naw, that can't be it or it would have been rated PHD.

It was a fucking mess from a scientific as well as entertainment standpoint.

It is the bastard child of 2001 and Pulp fiction.  
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 12:44:52 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

View Quote
It's a movie with Matthew McConaughey in it. Get off that high horse.

Link Posted: 11/22/2014 12:47:48 PM EDT
[#19]
It was ok, only other gripe of mine is why did he get dropped in the orbit of jupiter knowing his o2 would run out way before he

could be rescued.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 12:49:04 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

That must be it.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That must be it.

Interesting. What particularly about the science did you find unpalatable?
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 12:49:07 PM EDT
[#21]
I thought it was good, but would've preferred to watch it at home.

Quoted:

View Quote

Did you even watch the movie, or are you one of the people that talks to whomever they bring with them while constantly texting and checking your phone?  I'm not the smartest person around, and I understood what was happening.  They kind of explain it, like multiple times.  You know the part with the water and Coop is fucking pissed due to the delay.  Well they explained it before they flew down there, while they flew down there, and after they returned...

Link Posted: 11/22/2014 12:49:23 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

View Quote

I'm not surprised that someone with your lack of basic grammatical ability didn't like it.

Link Posted: 11/22/2014 12:49:31 PM EDT
[#23]
I liked it
the ending was a little convoluted,
but the movie had me on the edge of my seat throughout
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 12:49:33 PM EDT
[#24]
I saw it yesterday night...I liked it until the very end with coop and the bookshelf...I thought that was so stupid. I was laughing very loud in the theater.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 12:49:36 PM EDT
[#25]
It's a mind fuck when people can't understand this movie or others like inception. It's not difficult to follow.

Did you graduate from high school OP?
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 12:52:08 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

So you hate the movie because you do not understand relativity as it pertains to worm holes?
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 12:53:17 PM EDT
[#27]
I had high hopes before going in, but I thought it was pretty bad.

They started the break-through/major revelation music about halfway into the movie, quickly bouncing back and forth between locations, and seemed like they ran with it through the rest. It wasn't very impressive.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 12:54:52 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I had high hopes before going in, but I thought it was pretty bad.

They started the break-through/major revelation music about halfway into the movie and seemed like they ran with it through the rest. It wasn't very impressive.
View Quote

They played the break-through/major revelation music in the first ten minutes of the movie
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 1:47:09 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

You mean like the part when the guy in the spacesuit falls into a black hole and winds up in some weird library?

I missed that understanding of science and relativity when I took physics courses back in college.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 1:53:44 PM EDT
[#30]
It's got a 9.0 review rating on IMdb.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0816692/reviews?ref_=tt_ov_rt
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 1:56:27 PM EDT
[#31]
It didn't suck but it wasn't a masterpiece either.  Solid, entertaining and at times, thought provoking.  Edge Of Tomorrow was better.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 1:57:59 PM EDT
[#32]
Science FICTION.  How does it work?
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 2:03:19 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

You mean like the part when the guy in the spacesuit falls into a black hole and winds up in some weird library?

I missed that understanding of science and relativity when I took physics courses back in college.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hell, they even explained that part. Google tesseract (not the comic version) to understand what the library was.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 2:04:23 PM EDT
[#34]
I keep hearing that it was either amazing or that it sucked. I'll have to go see it
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 2:06:39 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
It didn't suck but it wasn't a masterpiece either.  Solid, entertaining and at times, thought provoking.  Edge Of Tomorrow was better.
View Quote

THIS... but it did suck and Edge of Tomorrow was better.... Nolan takes himself too seriously and is far from the Memento masterpieces he used to make...
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 2:07:57 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 2:07:59 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Hell, they even explained that part. Google tesseract (not the comic version) to understand what the library was.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You have a whole lot of 'splaining to do to 'splain away how somebody can fall into a black hole and live to tell about it.

Ever hear of the concept of terminal velocity?  Here on earth it is approximately 122 MPH with earth's measly gravity.    In a black hole it would be about a trillion times faster.  
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 2:08:58 PM EDT
[#38]
Entertaining, but lots of implausibilities in the story, some of it was downright stupid, no matter if they got the science right or not.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 2:14:24 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

Let me guess: Spelling, punctuation, & grammar not exactly your strong suit eh? A fine example of why you should have stayed in high school.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 2:20:06 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/22/2014 2:21:51 PM EDT
[#41]
Op hates the movie cause he can't science.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 2:23:24 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

Now we know you just didn't pay attention.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 2:23:31 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

You have a whole lot of 'splaining to do to 'splain away how somebody can fall into a black hole and live to tell about it.

Ever hear of the concept of terminal velocity?  Here on earth it is approximately 122 MPH with earth's measly gravity.    In a black hole it would be about a trillion times faster.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Unless the black hole is controlled by a civilization that can control gravity.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 2:25:53 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

They explained the time relativity angle no less than 4 or 5 times.   Here's a snapshot:

Time for you while close to super-massive black hole     |.....|

Time experienced by those not close to super-massive black hole |....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................|
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 2:27:29 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

It was entertaining but had so many holes it looked like Swiss Cheese.

You fuckers are going to make me go see it with all these conflicting viewpoints. I must have an opinion!
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 2:31:02 PM EDT
[#46]

Great Sci-fi, great love story, fantastic writing and cinematography.

No wonder GD hates it. Probably needed more boobs, guns, and 'splosions.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 2:37:57 PM EDT
[#47]
OP, since these types of threads always end up with jerks talking shit instead of actually explaining anything, i will help you out.

Gravity affects time, and places with very high gravity, such as a black hole experience very distorted time relative to someone outside of the high gravity area. this is called time dilation and for people inside the high gravity region, time appears to move normally, but for anyone outside looking in, they would essentially be ageing very very slow. that is why coop and brand were only gone for a few hours but the black guy who stayed behind aged 24 years. it was because of Gargantua's massive gravity.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 2:41:17 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Science FICTION.  How does it work?
View Quote

If the science isn't internally consistent then it really hurts the conflict. With a pointless conflict, the resolution is also pointless.

Link Posted: 11/22/2014 2:45:48 PM EDT
[#49]
Glen Beck said it was great.  He didn't even cry
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 2:56:20 PM EDT
[#50]
"45 minutes in I realized I didn't have the requisite mental capacity to understand it, so it sucked."
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top