User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 4:53:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I am wondering what your self-appointed motivation is.  The motivation of former/current military I understand.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
If you never served yourself - why do you feel compelled to call out others?

So you would sit back and watch someone lie to gain employment and get donations to pay rent and car payments?  Sorry it seems wrong to me and if you guys are only coming in here to act like it's not my business because I didn't serve then don't bother posting.  It's as simple as that.

I am wondering what your self-appointed motivation is.  The motivation of former/current military I understand.  

I signed my papers and swore my oath, but never made it to boot due to an injury at PT with recruiters. Fucked my shoulder up real well, surgery, physical therapy, permanent damage & all. I got dicked over. I have motivation to call out motherfuckers who lie about it. Just because I didn't serve doesn't mean I don't have a personal reason to call out some stolen valor dbag. Some of us tried and didn't make it, some of us made the cut and got fucked up, some people went to war, some of us are in military families. We all have our reasons for wanting the right things done. There's honor in the duty of protecting your country, IMO. I'm sure many will agree - there's prestige to service. Lying about that, attempting to use that prestige for personal benefit, is morally wrong.

It makes me angry to think that someone who did nothing to deserve such treatment is receiving it. It is not envy, it is not jealousy, it's simply wanting what's right. He's deceiving people. Whether or not it's related to military service, I don't blame anyone for wanting the right thing to be done. If you witnessed a burglary that did not have anything to with you, would you call the cops? Not the same exactly, but food for thought.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 4:57:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I signed my papers and swore my oath, but never made it to boot due to an injury at PT with recruiters. Fucked my shoulder up real well, surgery, physical therapy, permanent damage & all. I got dicked over. I have motivation to call out motherfuckers who lie about it. Just because I didn't serve doesn't mean I don't have a personal reason to call out some stolen valor dbag. Some of us tried and didn't make it, some of us made the cut and got fucked up, some people went to war, some of us are in military families. We all have our reasons for wanting the right things done. There's honor in the duty of protecting your country, IMO. I'm sure many will agree - there's prestige to service. Lying about that, attempting to use that prestige for personal benefit, is morally wrong.

It makes me angry to think that someone who did nothing to deserve such treatment is receiving it. It is not envy, it is not jealousy, it's simply wanting what's right. He's deceiving people. Whether or not it's related to military service, I don't blame anyone for wanting the right thing to be done. If you witnessed a burglary that did not have anything to with you, would you call the cops? Not the same exactly, but food for thought.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So you would sit back and watch someone lie to gain employment and get donations to pay rent and car payments?  Sorry it seems wrong to me and if you guys are only coming in here to act like it's not my business because I didn't serve then don't bother posting.  It's as simple as that.

Damn that sucks, was it cold outside?  Do you at least get disability?
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 5:08:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Damn that sucks, was it cold outside?  Do you at least get disability?
View Quote

Wasn't cold. Freak accident. Long story short, didn't get anything for it due to a messed up situation. Got dropped with nothing but a t-shirt to show for it. I was basically scared into lying about what happened. "If you say this, you'll be fine, they'll still send you." I was a kid, I was just trying to become a Marine and that's all I was thinking about. I know now it was the recruiter covering his own ass. When you're stupid and emotional, you don't think about disability or whatever, even the consequences of what you say just because someone else tells you to.

In any event,, not trying to hijack a thread. Good luck OP, hope things get sorted out and people get what they deserve, respectively.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 5:23:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 5:30:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Ah, what the hell.

Once you get commissioned as an O-1 ensign you usually get promoted in two years to )-2, or LT jg. To do 15 years and then get out as an O-1 means he served 13-14 years, by then he would be an E-6 or E-7 at least, go to Officer Candidate School (there is usually an age limit and he would be pushing it) and then immediately upon getting commissioned, he got out in under two years before the first, nearly mandatory promotion..  Also, getting out in 15 years means no retirement benefits at all.  Retirement starts at 20.  

Regardless as to whether he claims to be a SEAL, that timeline is implausible.  Never heard of anyone going to OCS and immediately ETSIng.  

If he claims to have been a SEAL as an enlisted man for 12 years or so and doesn't know what HALO stands for...poser.
View Quote

Hell, I know what HALO stands for. It would be impossible for someone who probably MADE a HALO jump to not know what it is... That right there is enough to me
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 5:50:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've got no problem with what the OP is asking. Serving doesn't give anyone a monopoly on calling bullshit.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 6:08:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Ask him about his DD214. Just went through this with a guy who was going to go to work for me. He needed to pass a background check to work on the account I currently am the lead for.  He had to explain the time frame of his service (Had to supply 7 years of work history) Said he didn't know where his DD214 is.

Funny thing, I have half a dozen vets who sit close to me at work. We all not only know where our DD214s are, but can produce a copy within hours. I have a copy on my work laptop just because I've had to do this so many times.  Turns out this guy had a general under less than honorable and wouldn't have been hired if he hadn't have been hired while he was on terminal leave or I'd had anything to do with his initial hire.

I have a couple of friends who were SEALs. Neither one of them would tell you this in idle conversation. I only know they were SEAL because one of them was a room mate and was changing his NEC to avoid a medical discharge. The other guy worked with me and had already been to BUDs and blown out knee during Hell week. Zim is and was the fittest human being I've ever been around.

Fuck posers.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 6:13:00 PM EDT
[#8]
I still can't bring myself to get worked up about jackasses that make false claims about being SEAL Team 87 Delta DevGru ODA 69 or whatever the latest super unit it.  I don't think I care unless they are using it to defraud others of money and benefits.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 6:16:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If the turd is achieving financial gain through lies, he should absolutely be busted for it.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 6:23:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Is this where the White Knight graphic comes into play?
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 6:27:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I still can't bring myself to get worked up about jackasses that make false claims about being SEAL Team 87 Delta DevGru ODA 69 or whatever the latest super unit it.  I don't think I care unless they are using it to defraud others of money and benefits.
View Quote

Which is exactly what this dude is doing.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 6:46:09 PM EDT
[#12]
I've known real deal frogs, and a few Army spec forces! Not one of them volunteered ANY info on what they did, other than the most general of generalizations!

"I was in the navy"!

"I was in the Army"!

Any additional info was usually from family or spouses! Even then it was in the most basic of terms.

98% chance anyone yapping their flap about being "Specull worfair" operators, are full o chit!!

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 9:44:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

And Army could buy their rank VS Navy earning theirs, so a Captaincy in the Navy took far longer than somebodies daddy buying a commission for them in the 18th/19th century British Army, which ranks our army followed suit minus the purchased commissions.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
.  I never could understand why Naval ranks are so out of line with Army rankings, I know its tradition, but it is bizarre.

Americans were brits. It's that simple.

And Army could buy their rank VS Navy earning theirs, so a Captaincy in the Navy took far longer than somebodies daddy buying a commission for them in the 18th/19th century British Army, which ranks our army followed suit minus the purchased commissions.

Weeeeellllll... Through the War of Northern Aggression, you could pretty much be an Army Colonel if you could raise and equip a Regiment to command, so the purchase option was still there, it just wasn't the "normal" way.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top